Old November 11, 2013, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Steel
Jade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious Superhero

[Location] The Jade Drake

Located in the Southern part of the Malian Kame district, The Jade Drake stands in well-built two-story stone establishment. This unpainted building shows little of what is contained within; its walls are unassuming, made from the same stonework as the rest of the street, and unadorned bar a signpost on the side. The wooden doorway sits recessed between two jutting walls, each with a large window allowing passers-by to browse the wares within. The only clue to the name of the shop lies in the freshly carved wooden sign which hangs from the wall, that of a jade scaled drake, twisted into a knot.

Any person looking through the window would see an odd assortment of rather mundane and unrelated items. A chair sits alone on display against one wall whilst a spoon stands proud and alone on a stand. A simple clay pot seems to hold as much pride of place as an ornately gilded bowl which shares the same shelf space. In fact, many of the items do not seem to hold much value at all. The curious who enter the shop would find themselves in a white plaster walled room, clean and well-kept with polished wooden floors and a number of pedestals and display cabinets, all showing the various curious wares that this shop held in high regard.

The actual ‘L’ shaped shop floor is rather small, most of the building seems to be taken up by a large room in one corner, a door into which can be seen at the back of the shop behind the mahogany counter which partitions the shop floor. A large insectoid head of horrific visage is mounted on the wall behind this counter, it’s baleful stare glowering down at the customers.

Few have seen into the room which occupies much of the downstairs floor, those who have know it to be the workshop in which the owner does their work, along with a staircase leading to the living apartments above the shop. Of course this is not the greatest mystery of the shop, that lies in the mish mash of objects. Most would remain clueless but the few with the arcane sight, those in clara ,would see various auras clinging to many of the items. This was a shop selling enchanted items of various quality and power, ranging from simple glow globes to powerful weapons. Most weren’t for sale but mere display items to give a customer an example of what custom creations could be commissioned within.

Any that chose to enter the shop would be greeted rather quickly by a very cheerful and bubbly little halfling with bright pink hair and doe eyes. "Serale and welcome to the Jade Drake! How can I help you today?"

Items for Sale

Nothing for sale currently. For custom-made items see within.

NPC Assistant

Name: Amalia D'aron
Race: Halfing
Demeanor: Very bubbly and friendly young woman with high spirits and very good people skills. Complete opposite of Jade yet somehow finds a way to be around Jade without fearing for her life. Actually seems to like Jade and enjoys working in her shop. Always happy to help a customer and has an excellent memory. Somewhat clumsy which has caused some problems in the shop but for the most part is reliable and sweet.
Skills: L5 Jade tolerating, L4 Jade survival skills

Facts:

Secrets :
District: Malian Kame District
Type of Location: Shop
Notability of Location: Local Knowledge

Training/Employment Opportunities: Yes
  • Spellbreaking
  • Quarterstaff
Can This Location Be Self Moderated?: No

Layout of shop:

Credits: Norrex and Jade Alanon

Last edited by Jade Alanon; November 11, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
Jade Alanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2013, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

Shadow is an upstanding Citizen
Autumn XX

Shadow entered into the shop with a bored expression showing on her petite face. Upon hearing Jade's greeting, Shadow meerly nodded her head as she gracefully peered at the magical artifacts on display.
Her commanding silken voice carried throughout the room "Do you have anything that will bring a man misery? I'm already haunting his dreams. She gave a impish smile "but let me be honest. He He needs to pay, he needs to suffer." Her violet eyes flashed with hostility and torment.
One only had to look at this stranger to see that her heart was broken and as deathly cold as ice.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2013, 06:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mythic

Jade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious Superhero

Shadow

It wasn't the most normal of customers that strode into that shop that afternoon though that should have hardly surprised Amalia given the company her boss Jade seemed to keep. As it was a speciality shop with not too much on display at the moment, it wasn't all that surprising that it was empty a fair amount of the time. Jade didn't seem to mind. Though the occasional passerby would pop in and a few would make an order from the spellcrafter.

It was Amalia who chose to greet Shadow as she did all the customers that entered, her cheery sweet innocent voice the complete opposite of the customer's silken almost bored voice. Jade was nowhere to be seen for the moment. The pink-haired cethar practically jumped up from her seat at the shop counter and ducked under to make her way over to Shadow. She was an easily excitable and overly-friendly little halfing.

The smile that adorned the halflings face as she listened to Shadow's request never faultered despite the fact that the woman was basically asking for a torture device against a man she claimed needed to 'suffer'. "I'm sure I can ask the owner if she can create such a thing. Let me..." She was interrupted by the opening of a door in the back and another woman coming out.

"I'm the owner." Jade said with an air of disinterest, like she'd rather be elsewhere. Not a people person. "What exactly is it you want? Be specific."
Old November 24, 2013, 02:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Citizen

Shadow looked down her nose at the Halfling as she used 'would her life end after in one squat of the hand, or two?' Shadow could not help but smile at her using and soon the Halfling followed suit. With a roll of her eyes Shadow wondered if she she was all together there.

It was a different story for the owner, however. The woman was a straight talking business woman, no bull**** necessary and she was straight to the point. Shadow approved.

"I would like you to make me a device that increases the fear of my victim, if that is possible. I am a priestess and that is the only way that helps." Her tone brightened "Plus I think in the future I will open a shop that specializes in this type of thing." An evil gleam entered her violet eyes "I am sure there are quite a few clients who believe they are wronged and their victims are deserving such fates." Her smile widened.

Shadow paid attention to her fingernails and began sharpening the edges with a file. "So this could be a good opportunity and long-term business venture. What say you?"
Old November 24, 2013, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mythic

Shadow

Of course Amalia had no idea that Shadow had dark thoughts towards her, she kept a smile on her face and was all for welcoming Shadow into the shop to look around. Her request showed the woman’s personality and darker intentions but it did little to phase Amalia’s bubbly personality. When Jade walked out Amalia stepped back in order to give the woman a chance to speak to the customer, standing there and listening. It wasn’t until Jade gave her a look that blatantly said ‘go away’ that she got the point and skipped off back to the shop counter to go through the different orders.

A device that instilled fear into a person. It was entirely possible. She would have to think on it though that wasn’t exactly specific enough. Did she want something that had to be place on the person or just in their vicinity? A priestess? “I care little for what profession you have or the reason behind it. All I need is the specifics and money.” Above all she was going to be professional.

“This device you ask for, I can craft it but in what form do you want it? Something to place on them or something for you to wear to affect those around you?” Jade needed to know the focus before she crafted it. “For a device that instills fear it will cost you four hundred crowns, half of which I want now to assure that I am paid for my hard work and gives you incentive to ensure you pick up your item.” She waited to see if the woman agreed to it. If not than she could find such things elsewhere.

A brow arched as the woman went on beyond that of a simple request into something entirely different. A business proposition? Really? “I am sure there are many who would seek such things that instil fear and torment on others. So you wish to start a revenge shop of sorts?” It seemed a bit dangerous really considering the fact that people would know who to blame for certain events. “What do I say?” What was she to say to this sort of thing? “It is something to consider I suppose those I would need to hear more about it before I chose to consider it further.”
Old November 25, 2013, 04:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Citizen

Shadow

Shadow abruptly shook her head in denial of Jade's last words "No, fear is not a child's game neither is revenge. One cannot do any type of business and survive without having insurance, security and perhaps most of all, security - this is mine and of course that sum is fine." Shadow decided not to mention the fact that money was tight at the moment, it just meant that would need plan a robbery sooner rather than later.

When asked what device Shadow wanted for her instrument of fear Shadow for the first time since she entered the building gave a genuine smile which transformed her face into a completely different image - a woman whom had been through unbearably so much, too much. She was a survivor and this showed in her posture and spirit more than anything else.
She replied smoothly, her choice showed the time and though that had gone into the idea "A collar would work nicely." Her violet eyes shone like a children's would on christmas day. "Yes a shop of sorts would be appropriate. Of course that is if you feel you can create the device... and of course I would expect your rate would increase as the tools become more...imaginative., if you agree of course" One did not need to see her face to see what Shadow thought of the matter. Shadow arched her brow at Jade all the while she judged the business owner and magician. She approved of her fire. If only the woman was into fear she would have made a wonderful side kick and student.

Alas... There was always tomorrow. And with that thought firmly in mind, Shadow erased the smile from sight,
Old November 25, 2013, 07:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mythic

Shadow

So this wasn’t the normal business transaction was it? Normally people came in and told Jade what they wanted and she would tell them first if she was capable of making and if so how much it was going to cost them. Then they would leave her to do whatever it was she had been asked for after leaving payment and the item would either be delivered to them or they would pick it up. That was how things went in her shop yet this woman, this Shadow decided to be different. In this case ‘different’ wasn’t considered much of a compliment either. Jade kept her cool though, watching Shadow with a look of mild interest.

Jade arched a brow. Had she insinuated that she felt fear and revenge was a game much less one played by a child? It was slowly becoming clear that in some ways this woman wasn’t completely altogether right in the head. Not that Jade could claim that she was perfectly sane but just something about Shadow stood out to her. That being said, did it matter? Jade simply shrugged at the woman’s comment, all that mattered to her was the price was agreed upon. “Good, you may come back with the money sometime this brightening; I will start on it once I have the first payment.”

It was good business sense to have incentive to go to all the work to create something. Jade wouldn’t work hard on something that no one would buy if this woman chose to skip out on buying it. Some people did that.

Shadow seemed like a woman who had a real need to make others suffer, a call for revenge that Jade didn’t need to hear about. She wanted a device of torture and Jade would do her best to create just that. “I can create what you want, it will take a few brightenings as I need to gather what is needed but I can make it.” As for the business proposition… “I am sure you can understand my hesitation in accepting a business proposition from a random customer who I have only just met. Perhaps if you are still serious about it in a few brightenings we can speak more on it but for now I can agree to nothing.”
Old November 25, 2013, 09:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Citizen

[ooc]remind me never to get on jade's bad side :P[/ooc]

In response to payment Shadow merely gave a curt nod of her head as if it was a necessary but mundane fact, much like often pleasure came before pain.
As for Jade's 'incentive,' Shadow nodded her head in agreement. Payment would come as soon as she got her act together and sorted out the job, but again this fell into the mundane category. As for the talk of future business, Shadow knew there needed to be a lot more trust between them first. Shadow wondered how far she could push or how immoral she could be. In truth the business owner appeared more frigid then anything else. Shadow herself knew she could appear prickly but she also knew in the nature of things, females in general often appeared territorial and jealous or merely decided for one reason or another Shadow was not the type to associate it. In truth she would rather be seemingly 'different' then their type.
Old November 29, 2013, 05:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Luminary

Kael Kael Kael Kael

Late Autumn, Era XX
It was early in the brightening when the young Commander entered the shop to be greeted by the bubbly and a bit too cheerful halfing. Kael stared for a few moments before he was able to gather his composure and return her greeting. So the name of the shop was the Jade Drake? Well that was certainly an interesting choice.

Aye that ye can. I am actually seeking an alternate light source rather than having to carry around a torch every time it is too dark for me to see though I may have a rather interesting idea. Do ye the one who will be making these items?” He gave her a quizzical look as he was not fully aware of just whose shop he had wandered into.

Red Rep is preferred
{CIR}||{SOF}||{Beliefs}
"An oath is a sacred thing. One should not be made lightly and once made never broken" - Kael
"Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy"

Kael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30, 2013, 09:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Citizen

Roav aldma is an upstanding Citizen
Late Autumn
Era XX pf

And so Roav arrived at the Jade Drake, a smile on his face and a skip to his step as he suffered yet another brightening without worry or strife. He would open the door and greet the store cleric with a hearty "Serale", just before coming to a stop as his eyes caught sight of the head that was mounted on the wall.

What a grisly piece of decoration...

"I was hoping to special order the creation of an item." Roav would begin again once he had recovered from his slight pause in momentum.
"Something to aid in healing if at all possible."

Hopefully he had the right shop.
Roav aldma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1, 2013, 11:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mythic

Shadow

Shadow’s desire for pain and the suffering of others was her own business so long as she didn’t attempt to anything of the kind to Jade. The shop owner was a good judge of others, especially when it came to feeling them out as an enemy and Shadow came across as both unbalanced and hardened but hardly a danger to Jade herself. Her offer to be a partner in a shop was of interest but not Jade’s main interest for the moment.

“Once your money is delivered I will begin, until then have a good brightening.” She would then turn and head back towards the back room where her workshop was located. A click would be heard which indicated the door had locked and the conversation was over.

Subtract 200 crowns from finances, shall post up when item has been crafted!

Kael

As per usual, the bubbly little cethar was all too happy when a customer would walk inside. A bright smile could be seen as she peered over the shop counter, a box beneath her feet so that peering was possible for the little Halfling. She had nothing better to do in a shop that had ‘do not touch’ written all over. She cleaned some of the objects that were on display but she wasn’t actually allowed to handle things because she had a bit of a problem with being clumsy. The last time she had broken something… She was lucky to be alive needless to say.

Kael entered and Amalia felt her boredom lift for the time being. She had seen Kael around Ziel Aerca and was aware that he had an important position in the city but she couldn’t honestly remember exactly what it was. Ah well! She listened as he asked for an alternative light source. Ah yes, she knew that her boss was capable of making such a thing. Jumping down from her box, she would suddenly vanish from Kael’s sight behind the counter. She appear quickly, ducking under the counter, showing her little Halfling stature. “I believe we can help you with that sir.”

She would gesture at one of the display units, within the glass table there would be a glass orb that had a faint glow. “Is that what you mean?” She didn’t even bother waiting before continuing. “I don’t make them, no. The shop owner, Jade, she makes them.” An interesting idea? “Perhaps you can speak with her, I’ll see if she’s busy.”

Quickly the Halfling ran back behind the counter and ran over to the door, knocking on it before standing back from the door. It took a few attempts before Jade came out though she didn’t look particularly pleased. “I was busy Amalia, what do you want?” Amalia didn’t seem phased by her boss’ rough demeanour in the slightest but instead gestured to their customer who Jade knew at this point. “Following me around are you Kael?” She said with a teasing laugh. “What can I do for ya?”

Roav

Yet another customer in Jade’s little spellbreaking shop. How lovely. It seemed that business was becoming a steady thing which would only increase the better she became and the more known her items were. Amalia had been cleaning some of the display units when Roav entered the shop. She turned and gave him a lovely smile while greeting him. She followed his gaze over to the Xet head on the wall and almost laughed, it was definitely one of Jade’s favourite topic starters in the shop. A great big ‘the owner killed a Xet, don’t feck with them’ type thing mostly.

“That is entirely possible sir.” She said, setting the rag down on the display unit and heading over to the shop counter in order to get the order ready. “Something to aid in healing. Anything in particular? We can use something you already own or if you want or w—“ She was halted by the appearance of her boss, Jade Alanon. “We?” Jade said with an amused arch of the brow. Amalia corrected herself quickly. “Well, Jade can. I just take the orders and handle the money because she is feth with ma—“ Jade’s glare was about to shut Amalia up.

“What do you want exactly? Be specific.”

Old December 1, 2013, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Citizen

Shadow reached for her secret stash of crowns she hid the other day to keep from the clutches of strangers before into town. She counted the right amount, considered a tip but flagged the notion before placing the correct amount onto the counter. She did not want anything delaying her receiving what she hoped was the first of several purchases for her store - which in truth was nothing but a pipe dream for the moment.
Before Jade could respond Shadow said in her silken sweet voice. "I will leave you to it then. Don't let me keep you from working on it." She gave a flighty smile.

Wthout a further word, Shadow exited the store feeling more determined and calm then she had for quite some time.
Old December 2, 2013, 06:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Aim To Misbehave...

Maddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious Superhero

675gc profit earned through Autumn, Era XX (Equivalent of 45gc per cycle)

Cheers, Maddyn
Maddyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2013, 07:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Citizen

Roav aldma is an upstanding Citizen
And Roav just looked from one woman to the other during their exchange, amusement written plain as day on his face. He was smart enough not to comment on it though.

So instead he produced a Pendant from around his neck and took it off, collecting it and letting it along with its chain pool in his hand.
"If you wouldn't mind I would like you to use this. As for the effect, something that increases natural healing and regeneration while worn would be great no matter how small the effect may be." he would explain towards the both of them, since he was kind enough to seem like he was including Amalia in the conversation.
"After all, they say that every little bit helps."
Roav aldma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2013, 04:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Luminary

Kael Kael Kael Kael

To say that Kael was surprised to see Jade walk out from the back of the ship would be the understatement of the era. He blinked a few times before he smiled slightly. The name made perfect sense now actually. The surprised expression on his face was swiftly erased and replaced with a mask of calm demeanor. His purpose for being there this brightening was quite specific and he could only hope it would be within her ability to accomplish.

Serale Jade. Actually I was seeking an alternative light source that would not require the use of a torch or fire. Would ye have any recommendations in that regard?”

The young Vagaran crossed his arms over his chest as he glanced between the short cether and Jade. They made for an odd pair though the cether might have a better time dealing with the less than ideal customers without the local constabulary having to come to their rescue. Not that he would say any of that out loud though.

In truth if ye could make something that could produce light upon command and extinguish just the same that would be ideal.”

Red Rep is preferred
{CIR}||{SOF}||{Beliefs}
"An oath is a sacred thing. One should not be made lightly and once made never broken" - Kael
"Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy"

Kael is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: