Go Back   Aelyria > World > Worldforge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7, 2015, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Hael is an upstanding Citizen
[Wiki Article] Kel'rondar - Discussion

Proposal:

To open discussion about the demiplane of Kel'rondar to establish a Wiki Article for it.

A Quick Note:

I am new to this game and to this site. So far I have been having a great time here and with the re-opening of the Worldforge I was eager to make a contribution in some way while I learn more and more about how the game is played. Believe me when I say that I am treading very lightly on this thread. Being new to the game, I would hate to upset or incite anyone against me so please feel free to knock me down a peg when and where necessary.

A little about me: I work in a corporate environment and am very familiar with a project management style of starting a discussion like this. In that regard, I am going to start out with the very basics. The first step was my proposal to open a discussion. My next step will be to compile all the currently existing wiki sources. Once that is done I will draft an article based on the compiled wiki article. Then I will begin compiling any minor and major stories that may have happened within the region and will form mini-discussions on whether something from the stories should be included.

As the thread progresses I will also adjust the project steps or re-arrange them as I am directed to. Thanks for baring with me and I hope this turns out as great as I want it to!

Update! [8/13/2015]

After receiving some guidance I am going to update my next steps and posts to keep this thread purely a discussion thread as I draft the Kel'Rondar article.

Next Steps:
  1. Proposal
  2. Compile All Relevant Info
  3. Discussions

Last edited by Hael; August 13, 2015 at 08:25 AM.
Hael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2015, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

2. Compile Info

Existing Wiki Entries -
Old Questions and Answers -
Old Realmcraft Threads -

IC Resources

Last edited by Hael; August 13, 2015 at 08:26 AM.
Old August 7, 2015, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Citizen

3. Discussions - Updated [8/13/2015]

Changing the purpose of this post to keep track of ongoing/resolved discussions and removing the bits of drafted wiki article

Discussions
  • What is Anti-Nature? [1]

• Where and How does Kel'Rondar Exist? [1][2]
  • Blarneigh Machannas - gnome king; protector of the gate to Kel'Rondar [6]
  • Who claimed the Kel'Rondar? Was it Xenarius[6]? Or was it Diana or Carmelya[3]?

Last edited by Hael; August 13, 2015 at 09:27 AM.
Old August 7, 2015, 01:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Citizen

Removed - No Longer Needed

Last edited by Hael; August 13, 2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old August 7, 2015, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Citizen

Last edited by Hael; August 13, 2015 at 09:29 AM.
Old August 7, 2015, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Citizen

Last edited by Hael; August 13, 2015 at 09:29 AM.
Old August 7, 2015, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hero

Orbril is a famous HeroOrbril is a famous HeroOrbril is a famous Hero

Land of Kelrondar - Quest for the Fae Crown - an IC adventure moderated by Kaelon

I'm not sure how much of the IC stuff can be used in the Wiki, but I do suppose that a quest run by Kaelon would take precedence as canon. The thread does give some explanation on the conflict with the Fae and on what Anti-nature really is

Anyway a few notes:
1 Blarneigh Machannas is king of the Leprechauns (who may once have been related to gnomes, but a now a different mob)

2 Lord Celwyn (body of a stag, head and torso of a man) seems to be a major Lord there who should probably be noted in a write up

3 Xenarius it seems has been expelled from KelRondar and is now in his plane of existence
Quote:
Return to Centripax
Xenarius did not even have a chance to scream. The silence of his shocked eyes possessed the madness that drove him, and the insanity that ultimately undid his curse upon Kel'rondar. The pan-god vanished, and in a rather undramatic fading, the entire countryside's death, destruction and decay melted away just as the dopplegangers had, to reveal the rich greens of the fertile countryside. The leaves gained hundreds of hues, the waters beginning to flow once more. The darkness of the skies broke open to reveal the brightened sun above. Kel'rondar had been saved, and with it, vanished Sharinya's doppleganger. A strange sadness filled the heart of the Fae Queen, but in having experienced this metamorphosis she knew two things most certainly: Xenarius would forever be a part of the darkness inherent to all nature, and the darkness would remain a part of her, just as it was a part of everyone.

The Goddess Carmelya turned around gently and smiled. "You have healed this land," she said, "and broken the curse of Xenarius. Though the Planetar is far from dead, you have banished him through your courage and the friendship of your companions to his home plane, where he can brood. He will, inevitably, plot against you in the future. But if you approach him as you approached your own darkness, not fearing that which is perilous and inside of you, you shall triumph always." The titanic goddess breathed in the fresh air as a few blue birds flew past her head. As she towered above the adventurers dozens of feet high, she barely noticed the scampering of a stag during the final moments of her manifestation. She simply looked at the adventurers and smiled, her eyes glimmering with gratitude.

Orbril Secrets of Foresight - the Hamster and the Fire

Retired Professor of Applicable Alchemy(S.A.I.R. Jaedaxia)

Last edited by Orbril; August 8, 2015 at 12:57 PM.
Orbril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10, 2015, 09:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Citizen

Thanks Orbil! I am going to add this thread to my research for sure, and thank you for your notes!
Old August 10, 2015, 09:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rattttt

Nimh has disabled reputation

Re: Xenarius

Xenarius (deity) - Aelyria

Also, not really sure what's going in this thread with your set-up. A discussion is a thread SEPARATE from the draft thread. This thread should be for discussing the article, getting information. Once you have an idea of where you're going then you start a thread with the official first draft so we can discuss it. From there, a final draft article is posted in a new thread.

I'm very not sure what you're doing in this thread or how to start a discussion on it.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10, 2015, 09:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rattttt

Also, not really sure what's going in this thread with your set-up. A discussion is a thread SEPARATE from the draft thread. This thread should be for discussing the article, getting information. Once you have an idea of where you're going then you start a thread with the official first draft so we can discuss it. From there, a final draft article is posted in a new thread.

I'm very not sure what you're doing in this thread or how to start a discussion on it.
Old August 10, 2015, 01:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimh View Post

Sorry about that. The intent was to discuss as I drafted it to include the most pertinent information and appropriate sources, then once the article was fully drafted I was going to post the draft, revise, and finalize. But if I mucked the whole thing up I will scrap it and leave it up to someone more practiced than I.
Old August 10, 2015, 01:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rattttt

You could do that although it seems like an excessive reaction to simply being told that you're going about things the wrong way.
Old August 10, 2015, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hero

Orbril is a famous HeroOrbril is a famous HeroOrbril is a famous Hero

I agree with Nimh, Hael Flitwing that reaction is a tad excessive (but as JM Barrie said Fairies have to be one thing or the other)

but as you have put in a good lot of work here it would be sad to see it abandoned. Maybe, as a seperate thread, do your first draft based on the information you have here already and then progress from there.

You have the template and the plan and you seem to have some ideas, so I for one would love to see what you can craft up. It's also ooc so take your time and read

(actually one question I do have is what is the current status of Fae'rel is it still a thing or have the Faerel and Kel'Rondar merged?)

btw as a PC Orbril is retired but technically is a resident of Fintagel

Orbril Secrets of Foresight - the Hamster and the Fire

Retired Professor of Applicable Alchemy(S.A.I.R. Jaedaxia)

Last edited by Orbril; August 10, 2015 at 11:13 PM.
Orbril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10, 2015, 02:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

recent (very strange!) adventure in Fae'rel if it's any use?
Old August 10, 2015, 03:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Citizen

I promise Nimh and Orbil, I'm not trying to be dramatic so I hope its not coming across that way! I'm trying to tip toe lightly. I don't want to be the pretentious newb over reaching since I just started. Also I don't want anyone to think I was giving up because I was frustrated because I am definitely not.

Would it be best if I kept post #2 for compiling Lorebook and Wiki sources, and turn #3 into a "Running Discussions" post? Or should I just compile the sources for my own information and simply posts all the discussions/questions I have and then use those to initiate my first draft? What would be a good page to use as a format for the draft of Kel'Rondar.