Go Back   Aelyria > World > Worldforge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7, 2015, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rattttt

Nimh has disabled reputation

Worldforge Q&A and Discussion Thread

Please use this thread for all your worldforge questions and concerns. Don't know where to find something? Not sure where to post something? Confirming rules/regulations in regards to posting material? Just post your questions up here and I or a Creative Producer will be more than happy to help you out.
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2015, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

Hiya

Are you currently accepting articles on sub-cultures within races? Specifically, I'm looking at doing an Air'riela write up but wanted to check in terms of it being currently 'no races'.

Thanks!
Old August 7, 2015, 08:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rattttt

We've had this conversation in chat before re: Air'riela.

My response then was no. I suppose I can amend that to a tentative "if you can produce a reasonable write-up." What I absolutely refuse to allow at all is a huge honking write-up. A brief description about the Air'riela I'll allow - they have this general appearance, this is what they do and where they're found and a brief glimpse at their cultural flare.

Absolutely under no circumstances (as I've told you before) are there going to be mentions about mysterious gypsy powers that they definitely have (because now they don't). I mean you can say that they're rumored to hold powers (but they don't actually have them).

So. REALLY SUPER BRIEF WRITE-UP. If you can't do that, then no. The chat convo we had about NO will hold.
That's it.
Old August 7, 2015, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

Great - that's actually exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for - I don't like (as you know cos we've chatted about it) the mesaka thing / the line drifting thing, never have used either of them, don't like them.

But a brief "there is this group who folks mostly don't like / trust and who have the following cultural strangeness" works for me.

Fab! Thanks
Old August 15, 2015, 01:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Aerys Nardaquilli is a glorious SuperheroAerys Nardaquilli is a glorious SuperheroAerys Nardaquilli is a glorious SuperheroAerys Nardaquilli is a glorious Superhero

I was thinking that the combat primer on swords needs an extra category on Longknives. These should include tantos. Longknives is practically the niche in between daggers and shortswords...think elven blades for instance.
Aerys Nardaquilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15, 2015, 03:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rattttt

Each type of combat category explicitly states that these are examples of bladed/bowed weapons. There's about 3-5 examples each and that is all. More will not be added in.
Old September 23, 2015, 12:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Camaendir.Arnor is an upstanding Citizen
Serale Nimh,

I have seen several references to a Primer on Politics. But I don't see any thread.here that show any work in progress.
Is it currently underway? Or, is it just pending?
If the latter, can i help?

Best,
Camaendir.Arnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23, 2015, 08:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rattttt

Hi Cam!

Politics is currently being worked on behind the scenes in our Working Group! It's a very vast, very detail-oriented set of many write-ups and may take us some time to iron out (due to life and just the detail required). We will have it up, I hope, in the near future. If you have plans to get involved in politics, don't let the lack of write-ups dissuade you. Veterans will still be happy to answer any questions that you have as well as help guide you IC with plots to help you along!

Thanks,
Nimh
Old December 17, 2015, 11:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Hero

Aerys Nardaquilli is a glorious SuperheroAerys Nardaquilli is a glorious SuperheroAerys Nardaquilli is a glorious SuperheroAerys Nardaquilli is a glorious Superhero

I really thought politics would be removed from the game, given that most if not all positions bar the governor ones have been completely filled in by NPC's. Though I might be wrong and this is simply BECAUSE you are reworking the politics system/primer. If this is the case, my apologies for bringing this up.
Aerys Nardaquilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2015, 12:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

Shalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious Superhero

I can't speak to the primer, as I am not involved. Politics is far from removed. The issue seems to be one of interest. Not interest in the positions per say, but interest in the threads and time it takes to network, move up the ladder, etc..

Positions have been filled by NPCs out of need, and yes, I suppose, to a degree to maintain some moderation control over things. That said, it is not (that I have been made aware) a removal of anything political.

Maybe Nimh or someone privvy to the primer rework could make further comment.
Shalafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17, 2015, 07:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rattttt

As Shal said, we have not removed politics from the game (that'd be silly--some people really enjoy that stuff!). Faust and Tiyribi hold governor positions at present, as an example of high-ranking PCs.

What we are no longer going forward with is allowing PCs to hold the HIGHEST ranking positions. So we're not having any Archprelates or Emperors that are PCs, for example. They are more behind the scenes, creating plotlines and driving forces for the PCs to work with, so to speak. Jacob does a better job of explaining that particularly thing but that's the general gist.
Old March 4, 2016, 10:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Mythic

Sheng Kaldres is a benevolent Adventurer

Is there a list of rare metals or for that matter rare herbs?
Old March 4, 2016, 10:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rattttt

A Primer to Natural Materials - Aelyria

There will be no other lists of materials. Please see the note at the bottom of the primer!
Old March 5, 2016, 06:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mythic

Sheng Kaldres is a benevolent Adventurer

Can we add any new herbs or materials to wiki?
Old March 5, 2016, 06:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rattttt

Not at present