Go Back   Aelyria > World > Worldforge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5, 2016, 07:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Aerys Nardaquilli is a glorious SuperheroAerys Nardaquilli is a glorious SuperheroAerys Nardaquilli is a glorious SuperheroAerys Nardaquilli is a glorious Superhero

thanks Nimh for that primer, I was already wondering what the natural products of aelyria were and you have just given me the solution. You're the best xD
Aerys Nardaquilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2016, 04:50 AM   #17 (permalink)
Legend

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Moranor Andares is a benevolent AdventurerMoranor Andares is a benevolent Adventurer

I was wondering whether we have a wiki page (or a thread on the boards) that lists the current government officials, like the Governors and Thanes, for each Province?

Obviously this would be something that would have to be kept up to date rather than being a static document.

Alternately it's something that could perhaps be added to the description posts at the top of each forum?
Old November 11, 2016, 08:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Rattttt

Nimh has disabled reputation

We don't - it's sort of an on-going work in process sort of thing in our working group. Once we get politics done we'll be able to push it out for everyone to properly access
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2016, 04:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Legend

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Moranor Andares is a benevolent AdventurerMoranor Andares is a benevolent Adventurer

Mimesis has kindly pointed me to a Herald article that has the current information I'm looking for, thanks Nimh!
Old December 14, 2016, 06:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
Notable

Sťamus Stormfist is an upstanding Citizen
I have been rummaging through the wiki, but couldn't find anything on the usual base-materials for smiths.

Like bronze, iron, steel and some of the rarer and more uncommon materials. Is this something under way or may I try to embark on creating something for this?
"Aye, a dwarf is small and stocky, but we be stubborn, loyal to a fault and will not shy away from any obstacle placed in our path. We are the Stone kin, the Sons of Cetheron and damned are those who dare disregard us as 'just' Little People."

Sťamus Stormfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2016, 09:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Kutsa Cherhc is a benevolent AdventurerKutsa Cherhc is a benevolent Adventurer

I think this has already been answered in this thread , I got you the perma link here for it. Things might have changed since then, but my gut tells me it hasn't.
Kutsa Cherhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2016, 09:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Rattttt

Kutsa is correct.

There is no need for a base materials wiki article
Old December 14, 2016, 10:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Famous

Ulfgar Wulfson is a famous HeroUlfgar Wulfson is a famous Hero

I was considering a Veldar write-up akin to the Imperial Army/Legion and Imperial Navy write up. Will it be accepted as it could possibly fall under both the Trades and Combat sections?
Old December 17, 2016, 10:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Rattttt

It would not be under either section. It's more of a faction. Trades and combat are skill sets, not groups.
Old December 29, 2016, 10:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
Notable

Gileon Soulsparks is a benevolent Adventurer
So I've been away for a few years at this point and I can see a lot has changed. A lot of it is really awesome! But someone told me that faeries now can only sense magic through a single sense. I primarily played a faerie and I was wondering about the reason for this change? It seems to me like it would be better to make it all five senses. My main argument being that it doesn't really make them any more powerful than allowing a single sense, but it provides a lot more potential for interesting story telling. I always had so much fun incorporating the looks, sounds, smell and tastes of magic into my stories with Gil and I felt like they were a lot more interesting as a result.

Is there any way I might, I don't know, suggest or petition or something that it be changed back to all their senses? Indefinite suggested I should post here about this.
I have no idea if/when I will get back to actually posting. I just wanted to say here that I have fond memories of all who I wrote with in the past and wanted to thank you all and wish you the very best.
Gileon Soulsparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2016, 10:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Bronze
Alore Chu'tana is a benevolent Adventurer
I hope it's okay that I chime in here, it says discussion so I presume so but maybe it is meant to be discussion between management team and the person requesting. If that is the case feel free to ignore and/or delete this.

My argument against magic being felt by all senses of a faerie wild be that it really does make it a more powerful boon to the race. If it is one sense then it could me ignored or missed. Sight you'd have to look at it, Smell or sound it could be something else in the area. Taste, if you are eating it may be missed or so mild you don't notice in the moment and the like, but with all senses it would be like a plethora of things that could not be ignored. It would also make pinpointing where it is coming from much easier. It could also be used just for flavor as you mentioned as well but it does leave room to be used as a major advantage.

I'm a huge fan of fae folk, I've played them in the past and have a soft spot for them in my heart but I prefer it with the single sense, especially if it came down to modding it. Perhaps you could quest ICly in an attempt to learn how to feel it with your other senses?

I'm not an admin or sanctioned moderator, I am nobody. These are just my opinions that I thought I would share. Good luck though.

ADDED: This is Kutsa, I logged into this account to find a link I had saved and forgot to log out. Sorry.

Retired: Sorry to those I kept waiting, not feeling a magic based character at the moment.
Alore Chu'tana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2016, 11:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
Notable

Interesting. I guess I didn't specifically mean to say that it isn't at all more powerful with all senses than with one. I suppose the main difference in opinion is over scale. To me, adding all the senses doesn't seem like it would make it drastically more powerful. Not game breakingly so at least. I guess in my mental scales, it does not seem like it would make faeries so much more powerful that it would outweigh the potential for more interesting roleplay narratives. But yeah, that's just my one opinion.

I also always figured that the range of the senses were fairly limited, save for maybe sight. I know I only ever brought it into play when in the immediate proximity of someone casting magic. Or, you know, some kind of massive magical anomaly that probably has effects noticeable by even non-faeries.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Kutsa. This is just my two cents in response.

P.S.
As a somewhat related after thought, the scientist in me is curious how one would explain how a given faerie would end up with a specific scent being their one scent on the current system. Is it genetic or something? Just random hand-wavy magical stuff?
I have no idea if/when I will get back to actually posting. I just wanted to say here that I have fond memories of all who I wrote with in the past and wanted to thank you all and wish you the very best.
Old December 30, 2016, 08:27 AM   #28 (permalink)
Rattttt

Special racial abilities were all weakened/greatly reduced/eliminated overall by unanimous consent within the working group. By and large, we all wanted to completely get rid of racial abilities but decided instead to mostly soften them (although some races have seen complete eliminations). They are simply a pain in the butt for moderators, players only seem to whip them out when they think they'll gain advantage with them (but ignore or forget about them otherwise).

As such, I do not see us going back to allowing the fae to be able to sense magic with ALL their senses any time soon or at all. Chalk it up to being sort of lucky you get to pick ONE sense at all. (I know this seems like a slim consolation prize but it is the reality.)
Old December 30, 2016, 05:12 PM   #29 (permalink)
Notable

Alright. Fair enough. My main goal of understanding the reasoning for the change has been achieved. Thanks a bunch.