Old January 11, 2019, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Bronze
Rushnak Orog is unknown and forgotten
Perhaps Returning

Hello everyone!

I've been pretty constantly drawn back to this site for the last several weeks. Basically, I've been lurking (please don't judge). According to my account, I last logged in almost 10 years ago and I had been on here for 6 years or so before leaving.

I'm still determining what I should do. Either create a brand new character, start over with my old character, or pursue a mod to come up with some elaborate story on how 10 eras have passed and I don't remember a thing from it!

It's fun to be back and can't wait to see all the changes and meet new faces within the community.

-James
Old January 11, 2019, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Notable

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Ellie Snowborn is a benevolent Adventurer

Welcome(hopefully!) back!

A lot changed since you were on last.A lot. I'd suggest, if you haven't already, taking a look at the new players section, and go over the various primers and guides to get a feel for how things are now.

I brought back Ellie after about 7 years. I just placed her in Port Alyx working in a shop and slowly started filling in the gaps through RP.

Also, check out our Discord chat. Great place to ask questions and get to know your fellow Aelyrians!
Old January 11, 2019, 10:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

I'd recommend going over the new players section of the wiki, which should give you a crash course on some of the bigger changes that have happened since you were around last.

But yes, welcome back! Whatever you decide to do, feel free to ask all the questions you want
Old January 12, 2019, 04:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Aelyria's Nutcracker

Moss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious Superhero

Welcome to the jungle! Like you, I spent 10 years away, and I started with Moss as a new character.

And yes, things have changed a lot...it definitely takes some acclimatisation but it is, in my view, a vast improvement. Good luck with your decision process and I hope to see you on the boards!

Peer Moderation Slots:
[] [] [] [] []

= Available | = In Use | = Unavailable

Moss Oktra'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 07:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
HyperboliCal

Wealth Tier: Steel
Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero

Welcome back! There are lot of us who have returned after a looooong while away so know that it can be done either with an existing PC or jumping in with a new one. Hope you decide to take the plunge.
charybdis >> grim :And crying.
Hoskuld & Walt :...and it was a weird time.
CIR
Secrets
Calanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mythic

Z'kron is a benevolent AdventurerZ'kron is a benevolent Adventurer

Welcome back

It can be a bit tricky to adjust, but one of the blessings of the current setup is being able to have multiple characters, so regardless of whether you start with a fresh PC or not you aren't losing anything.

Returning to regular posting

Happy posting everyone! :)
Z'kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Adventurer

Thanks for the welcome back, everybody!

I'm going to spend some time today re-working my character's background and start anew with this account. Looking back at things, I remember that this character was to be the son of my former, longer running character so a re-boot will work out nicely.

Hoping to make an initial post today!
Old January 12, 2019, 06:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Citizen

Lucretia is an upstanding Citizen
Welcome back!
Lucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 07:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Keldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious Superhero

Welcome back!

Hard to say, your call to create a new one. Just depends on what gets your flowing! I brought back my old PC because of so much time invested but considered a new one entirely! If you need help with anything let me know! Or if you want to create a new PC and want a backstory or somethign let me know to!

Keldon Elsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 08:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Watcher

Rothgar is a dubious Denizen
Welcome! Will look forward to running into your character!
Old January 15, 2019, 08:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Blindingly Transparent

Roost Verynn is an upstanding Citizen
10 years, that's crazy! Welcome back mate, good to see another returning character
Old January 15, 2019, 11:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Adventurer

Thanks, y'all!

Yep, 10 years! Basically, once I left college I realized I wouldn't have time to stay as involved as I wanted to be. Now that I'm a bit older, I realize that I can/want to be involved but don't have to extend myself quite as much as I tried to before.

I used to be a GM here for a couple years, plus had multiple PCs going and it all wore on me especially as college requirements took so much time. I definitely love the world and the people who have created and sustained it so I'm very happy to be back!

Now to find more IC threads to mess up, I mean interact with!