Old August 7, 2018, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Notable

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Ellie Snowborn is an upstanding Citizen
Returning Player

First off, wow... Seems everyone is returning to Aelyria right now!

So, as I said, I'm a returning player. It's been about 7 years. My mother got very sick very fast and things became dark for me for a long while during that period and after she passed away.

I've recently gotten the bug to be creative again and immediately thought about Aelyria and Ellie. Was sad I never got to really develop her, as I really liked the concept I had.

So, here she is, 7 eras later. I know she was last living in Diana. I see that there have been several changes, Diana is now Sacrum. I've been reading the wiki to catch up as best I can. Any advice anyone can give on bringing back an old PC would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Old August 7, 2018, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Wealth Tier: Steel
Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
Hey there and welcome back! So sorry to hear about your loss :< *hugs*

I'm a returning player as well, but decided to pick up a new character. I would suggest poking at the getting started for help in getting adjusted. Any questions, please message anyone or poke your head in the unofficial Discord.!

Looking forward to meeting you on the boards!

"Never Forget..."

CIR | SoF | Posting Status
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2018, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
So Wholesome

Kailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious Superhero

First off, welcome back. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, and glad that your creative spark is coming back online. <3

I have brought Kailin back many many times now, and the same can be said for many of us. We just get bit with that bug and eventually make our way back!

It's never super easy to bring a PC back after such a long stretch away, but it is totally doable. And my main recommendation is just getting back up on the boards. All the new stuff that's happened can be daunting to figure out (I'm still reading through some of it, slowly) and it's worth it just to start writing and getting back into the creativity. That's where the fun is, after all.

Tali gave you the two things I would have. Getting started is helpful, and discord is even more so, as you can run things past us in real time. Maybe we can help figure out where and how to get Ellie back up and running!

Hope to see you around soon!

Kailin Alyxanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2018, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Aelyria's Nutcracker

Moss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious Superhero

Welcome home! Yeah, it has changed a lot, but it's a good time to have that creative fire burning again! I myself returned 18 months ago after 10 years away. No more financial ledgers, no more gate posts, no more roleplaying every minor purchase...

It takes a bit of getting used to, but the changes are definitely for the better.

Tali has sent you towards some of the most helpful links, but if you want to chat to a fellow old timer, my PM inbox is always open, even though Moss isn't likely to be near Sacrum any time soon!

Posting Status: Trying to catch up after a couple of weeks away... [01.10.2018]
Moss Oktra'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8, 2018, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Welcome back! Let us know if you have any questions
Old August 8, 2018, 03:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Califragilistic

Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero

Welcome back! What they said
charybdis >> grim :And crying.
Hoskuld & Walt :...and it was a weird time.
CIR
Secrets
Calanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8, 2018, 06:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Champion

Icefyre is a malevolent Minion

Hi and welcome back.

If you need any help or modding of threads then feel free to ask.

Hope to see you around the boards, and most of all have fun.

Daffydd / Ralmith

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8, 2018, 07:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Notable

Thank you, everyone, for the replies.

I'm going to try and get some things figured out before I start posting. Like changes in how skills work and jobs and things like that.
Old August 10, 2018, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Veleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious Superhero

Welcome back Ellie! Glad to see another returning face to Aelyria!

Cheers,
Vel

SoF

RL Update (March 19th, 2018) - On an indefinite hiatus, as 2 month old kid/working full time is taking up all free time.

Veleraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10, 2018, 03:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Notable

And apologies to you,Velerae
n. I left you hanging last time I was here.
Old August 18, 2018, 04:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Welcome back!! \o/

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote