Go Back   Aelyria > Community > Welcome

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7, 2018, 10:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Steel
Akina is unknown and forgotten
Rusty and Willing To Learn New Tricks

Hi All!

It's been almost ten years since I first set foot into this forum, and I thought now would be a good time to return.
Many of you might have known me as A/GM Aglet, or even Chipperie Watertreader back in my early weeks as a roleplayer.

After taking a hiatus to get my life together, recover from burnout, and get some things checked off my to-do list, I'm finally ready to make a return for the forseeable future.
I'm aware of the things which caused my burnout last time - and thankfully they're unlikely to appear again anytime soon.

What were those things, you ask? I was studying 6 subjects full-time at university, working a 30-hour week, taking care of a family which was slowly falling apart, and losing my hair and sanity in equal measure while I tried to continue posting on the forum. Needless to say, some things had to be dialed back. Everything's sorted out nowadays, thank god, so I have the freedom to re-explore my old hobbies and pastimes.

It so happened that the paradigms of the game flipped while I was away. On one hand, it was very disorienting to meander back into the forums to find so much altered...but on the other hand it opens up a wealth of new opportunities to explore and create!

Thus, on the advice of basically everyone I asked, I'm dabbling in being a PC again.

This account was inspired by moooost of those adorable dog videos you find on the internet. A Samoyed Dorin wandering the landscape being fluffy and cute? That's basically my brand!
I couldn't resist.

Not sure where to take this PC, though, so if anyone has a brilliant idea beyond using fluffiness to manipulate onlookers into giving my character food, I'm all ears.

Last edited by Akina; July 7, 2018 at 10:03 AM.
Akina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2018, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Aelyria's Nutcracker

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Moss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious Superhero

Welcome home! Like you, I took a decade long hiatus between my previous accounts, (Kreal Donen, Jodias Safri, AGM Harvest), before returning at the beginning of 2017.

I experienced something of a culture shock upon my return. The forum is much quieter, these days. The rules have changed in a lot of areas. Financial ledgers are a thing of the past.

But after after a few months of raging against the dying of the night, I did manage to adjust and I prefer the new system these days.

I'm glad to hear life is treating you much more gently these days!

I don't have any specific doggo plot ideas, but I did want to welcome back a fellow old timer and if you would like to RP together, then I'll consider that a bonus.

Peer Moderation Slots:
[] [] [] [] []

= Available | = In Use | = Unavailable
Moss Oktra'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2018, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

I’m excited to see you on the boards as a PC \o/ I know your preference is Modding, but I think you’ll find incorporating the new rule changes in your modding easier once you’ve played with them as a PC.

If you are looking for more info on being a Dorin, I have a few threads that either I have peer modded or have needed to reference where the ins and outs of Dorin culture is explained that I can link you to. Just PM me in chat if you want them.

So stoked for you! \o/

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2018, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Welcome back! Again, most of our site's information was recently transferred into the wiki, and the most relevant articles for somebody new/returning are in our new players section. Never be afraid to ask questions, and I hope you have fun and figure things out!
Old July 7, 2018, 10:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Adventurer

Thanks guys! I appreciate the welcome

After reading the Wiki, the 'Getting Started' tabs, and the Primers articles, I'm starting to go through forum threads to see if I can get specific answers to my questions before I ask them in public and look like a potato for doing so. =P

But I'm leaning towards my Good Boye filling in for some of the land's need for a Delivery Dorin postal service. Thoughts?
Old July 7, 2018, 10:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Aelyrian Addict

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa

It sounds like a fine idea! Sliucha's been looking into setting something up in that regards, so if you need a contact/sponsor for something like that, let me know!
Sliucha Sindosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2018, 11:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wow! That sounds GREAT
Old July 8, 2018, 12:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

YAY MAIL!! If only my PC had mail to send.....

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2018, 02:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Adventurer

Well if you think of anything - even a postcard - I'm sure my PC would just LOVE to deliver it!!

(Just no place dangerous plz! She is still a soft pupper).

Accepts rewards in coin, food, or head pats.

Travelling December 25 - Jan 16. Won't be reliably posting during this time.
Old July 8, 2018, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
Welcome back! Looking forward to meeting you!

Posting Status: Catching up...slowly... [11/19/18]

CIR | SoF | Peer Mod Desk
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9, 2018, 12:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Champion

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a malevolent Minion

Welcome back

If you need help with anything then there are many willing to help with moderation of threads and things so it makes things more fun.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards and things.

Daffydd/Ralmith

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote