Old January 22, 2018, 03:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Harroun Midbrooks is an upstanding Citizen
Gemblooded Disaster

Hello everybody, it seems that this is the proper place to introduce myself and maybe get some answers at the same time.

Current Character Idea:
Prominent family's gemblooded son, Harroun, goes to be unbound and the unbinding goes horribly wrong and he becomes one of the rare people that eventually becomes a spellbreaker. Everything he had been taught during his upbringing has been turned upside down and to make matters worse his parents disown him and cast him out with nothing but the clothes on his back.

He finds work as a custodian or some equally disastrous job at an academy that has a master spellbreaker, who not only agrees to take him under his wing, but also teaches him the value of the people that he once looked down upon...

What do you all think? Please be honest....
Harroun Midbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2018, 04:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Makael is an upstanding Citizen
That's pretty cool! The plot itself is a recurring theme in many stories, but it's all about the intricate details. You can definitely make Harroun stand apart from, say, Loki of the Marvel Universe through careful character development. And of course, you'll never know where a living, breathing, and changing story world can take you!
Old January 22, 2018, 07:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Wealth Tier: Steel
Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero

Welcome Harroun.

Sounds like a great starting concept, I hope you have fun with it. Its also worth noting that it's ok not to worry too much about the details to start out with, but let your character's past be fleshed out as you RP stuff through ic.
charybdis >> grim :And crying.
Hoskuld & Walt :...and it was a weird time.
CIR
Secrets
Calanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2018, 02:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Aelyria's Nutcracker

Moss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious Superhero

Great concept! I love it when a character has to confront something that goes against everything they believe in - in this case, Harroun's upbringing regarding arcana and spellbreaking - and just seeing how they deal with that in the moment. And from there, how that changes how they see themselves, and subsequently, the world around them.

Good luck with it - sounds like a lot of fun!

Posting Status: Hosting guests but trying to keep up...! [08.11.2018]
Moss Oktra'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2018, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Welcome, and have fun!

I'm not sure whether many academies have super high-level spellbreakers just hanging around like that, especially since it wasn't too long ago that spellbreakers were heavily ostracized and persecuted - but the main thing I'd say to keep in mind is that it might also restrict where exactly you can post if you tie yourself down like that as well. It's not a big issue, it's definitely possible to be circumvented, but it's something to keep in mind.
Old March 9, 2018, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Adventurer

Illana Jidiao is an upstanding Citizen
I really like the idea, but if finding a spellbreaker like that in an academy is improbable maybe try something else.

Maybe you get a drudge job with some adventurer, your their pack mule, hoping to find someplace to begin your life anew. Along the way an outcast finds some interest in you and tests your aptitude on spellbreaking or something... or maybe you didn't tell your employer that you are a spellbreaker and you interfere with their casting...I honestly don't know anything about spellbreakers Your employer furiously casts you aside, but your persecuted high-level spellbreaker sees/hears about it and hunts you down. Then you wouldn't be pinned down to a single local as you'll be roaming with a vagrant who has their own motives.

There are hundreds of ways it could happen. I hope you either got everything worked out or get it worked out. Either way, I'm excited to see your story.
Illana Jidiao is offline   Reply With Quote