Old January 9, 2018, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Hoskuld Coal-beard is an upstanding Citizen
So much and so little has changed

Serale, or whatever you guys say these days, or brightenings, or whatever.

I used to post a looong time ago, had a few characters: Ffesshssia'ad was my primary, but I've also had a few others (Varees Har'Ethwyn, Iloncera Sharolath, Eyvind Birch).

I decided I'd like to spend a little time in Aelyria again, get a dwarf's axe bloody. Since Hoskuld's a fairly straightforward character, I figured I'd start with him. No pesky backstory, yeti girlfriends or arcana skills to keep track of. One thing I noticed is that the locations have been reorganized a bit (as in: the one where I was adventuring is closed again), so I was curious where y'all think a good location for an axe to wet his dwarf -er, a whet to axe his dwarf, er, you know what I mean.

I reserve the right to execute any henchmen who appear to be a little too intelligent, powerful, or devious. However if I do so, I will not at some subsequent point shout "Why am I surrounded by these incompetent fools?!"
-From The Evil Overlord List
Hoskuld Coal-beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2018, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Not Exactly a Perfect Elf

Wealth Tier: Steel
Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero

Welcome Back! I don't think I remember your previous pcs but always good to see returning players.

In terms of activity, I would say Port Alyxandrya or perhaps Ziel Aerca as there always tend to be pcs around. Or maybe Jaedaxia?

Wherever you end up, look forward to seeing you around!

" he's a good guy. caring, polite, judgey, and whiney."

Let me tell you a secret..

Calanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2018, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fear the Reaper

Grim is a famous HeroGrim is a famous HeroGrim is a famous Hero

No locations are closed. Quite a few are destroyed, or in varying states of disrepair or difficult to get to. But nothing is closed.
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2018, 06:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Welcome, and have fun! If you haven't already I'd recommend going through the new player section of the wiki first for a brushup on what's changed. Also, feel free to join our Discord server and ask any questions you might have!
Old January 11, 2018, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a famous HeroNiven is a famous Hero

Welcome back! Depending on how long you’ve been away, I will say that the changes that have been made have been for the most part super positive! Everything seems simpler and more streamlined, meaning there’s more time for the real reason you’re here, RPing! \o/

See you on the boards!

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: Never too many!
Always up for fun, be it modding or PC.
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2018, 06:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Citizen

Thank you for your warm welcomes.

I'm gravitating towards PA, with a view of eventually making his way to Daltina to do the whole dwarf/mine thing. I notice the forums seem to have streamlined the whole location thing, so it doesn't look like I need to post to "Teh City Gates" followed by a post to "Teh Aedile's Office", followed by a post to "Teh Brotherly Order of Awesomeness" just to get underway. Is that correct?

So do I just start and timestamp a thread in the Maeve subforum like: "What's a Dwarf Gotta Do Around Here for an Ale [PA]"? Should I contact a mod first that that's what I intend to do?

I reserve the right to execute any henchmen who appear to be a little too intelligent, powerful, or devious. However if I do so, I will not at some subsequent point shout "Why am I surrounded by these incompetent fools?!"
Old January 11, 2018, 07:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
So Wholesome

Kailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious Superhero

Nope! That's pretty much all you need to do!

If you want to gain xp or have any particular thing happen in that thread, you'd need a peermod or mod to help you out with that (we can't self mod anymore), which you can ask for in Matchmaker, and you'd usually want to offer to help someone else out in return for that, eventually.

But otherwise, if it's just an open thread for tooling around and meeting folks, you can just get it up, though it's usually good to put it up in Matchmaker with the tag [PCs] to let folks know they can join in the fun.

Welcome! See you around PA!

Kailin Alyxanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2018, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Citizen

Just posted up a thread. I'll chirp something about it in the matchmaker thread for good measure.