Old July 15, 2017, 08:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Alekto is unknown and forgotten
Stuck in in-processing...

I found this forum quite a while ago and created an account. I read a ton but things happened and the forum dropped from thought. I was going through my email the other day and discovered my welcome email and here I am.

It's been a long (very long) time since I've role played, but I've had the itch creeping back into my thoughts. I've never forum role played, but this place is intriguing and I'm excited to try my hand at it here.

I have a character concept, but I'm not really sold on him. With that said, if anyone wants to discuss characters, racial tension, or current events within the world, I'm all for it.

Being stuck in in-processing, I thought I'd ask what active players find most enjoyable in their role play here.
Alekto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2017, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hero

Rosie Kyrillos is a glorious SuperheroRosie Kyrillos is a glorious SuperheroRosie Kyrillos is a glorious Superhero

Welcome!

Pop into chat some time. There are always folks there to colude and scheme with.

What I find most enjoyable....... writing with creative people and coming up with some fantastic stories! Not very specific, but meh.

~Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans~
~SoF~
Rosie Kyrillos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2017, 09:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Luminary

Liahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious Superhero

Welcome aboard! It's always good to see new faces around.

As Rosie mentioned, chat is a great place to plot and scheme.

Jun 21, 2017: 20:56 RosieKyrillos: you ALWAYS get the power

Liahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2017, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Wealth Tier: Steel
Adynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious Superhero

It's difficult to pick any one thing I love the most. Each year I feel Adyn becomes more and more of a real person in my mind, and being able to test that against fun new scenarios and against interesting / different other characters is a blast.

It doesn't hurt that many writers here are excellent, and I'm a sucker for beautiful words.
Adynirach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2017, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Legend

Alphonsus is an upstanding Citizen

Welcome! Imparting the wise words I had received when I first joined...
"Out of 1000 men, 1 has the destiny to become a hero. Out of 1000 destined hero, 1 will surpass them all and become you"

Most enjoyable here? There is no real limit what you can be and the people here are fun. Just sink in to the empire and enjoy the ride.

S O F
Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit.
[Add little to little and there will be a big pile]

Posting Status: Catching Up
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2017, 02:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Citizen

Alekto is unknown and forgotten
I honestly didn't expect so many replies so quickly! Thank you all, and thanks for the suggestion of the chat room. Alphonsus and Indefinite were able to clear up a few things for me in there.

As for the quality of writers, I've read through several player threads and found lots of talented people. I like to pretend that I write, but I've never been terribly good at it. I'm hoping some of the polish from this place rubs off on me

Alphonsus, thank you for the help in the chat and the for suggestions here. I wanted a character with some type of motivation within the world, but I've not quite been able to develop that, so I might just do as you say and see where the empire takes me.
Alekto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2017, 03:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Welcome, and have fun! Always feel free to ask questions
Old July 16, 2017, 07:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hero

Icefyre is a dubious Denizen

Greetings,

What I find most enjoyable:

This game is like a 1000 books, all with some things similar, but the differences are the people. Each character can be surprising in each choice, in each step as they progress. Each thread can be started in one direction, and end up on another direction, and still be exciting to read.

If I'm in and around chat we can help. If you ever need a Mod to help, I like to help write interesting stories with people, so even if you do not have a definitive character for your new persona feel free to talk via PM or in chat.

Welcome to a game that can, and most probably will, make you into a raving schizophrenic as you lead a real, and another life, mostly inside your head, but at times in the game

Most of all... Have fun

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16, 2017, 11:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Notable

Dalía is a famous HeroDalía is a famous HeroDalía is a famous Hero

It's totally a good call to just create a bare-bones character and then see where things go from there through role-play. I've always found that the best character building happens from encountering other pcs rather than through backstory (or even through moderation). Have fun!

Justice - Reason - Valor

CIR -SOF
Dalía is offline   Reply With Quote