Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > United Arium Directorate

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old July 23, 2017, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Notable

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Maahes is an upstanding Citizen
[Countryside] A long Trek for the Lazy Lion (Open)

Dodging the Summer Heat

Timestamp: Summer, Era XXIV

Maahes sat in the shade of an old oak tree and stared lazily upon the road ahead. He had come along way and yet had even further to go. For now he rested.

The summer suns of Telath circled high in the sky, the mid day heat had put the young lioniod into a coma like state. He panted... He was not used to all of the walking. The heat seemed inescapable. The kattas armor was suffocating him, he tugged at its collar for relief. He pulled his mane into a topknot then fanned at his face with his paw.

He closed his eyes and fantasized that he was sitting on the red beaches outside his home in Kyathis. He could almost smell the salty fish of the bay as a warm breeze brushed against his face. He could almost hear the shouts of his kin around him. In that moment he was content.

Last edited by Maahes; July 23, 2017 at 03:18 PM.
Maahes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23, 2017, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Famous

Maximus Navire is a dubious Denizen
Summer. It was the most wonderful time for a dracon. That saying, winter was also a nice time for dracons. They loved to be around warm conditions and they did not really feel cold. Maximus grinned at those thoughts as he enjoyed his walk through the countryside in summer. He did not know if it held true for all dracons or just himself.

It was his usual routine. On any consecutive brightenings that he did not need to work, and had nothing else to do, he would return to his natural Dracon form to walk out of Nexus Prime. It did not matter how long or how far he walked as he could just teleport himself back home. The fun and convenience of Anchor and Gate.

His walk this brightening led him to a familiar ancient looking oak tree. There was something unfamiliar there. A lion, and it was standing on two legs. He rubbed his eyes wondering if the heat was finally too hot and it got to him.

Then it hit him. Not the heat. The understanding of what he was seeing. He was looking at a katta! Maximus walked forward and waved. "Serale there! Never seen you around here before!"
Old July 23, 2017, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Notable

Maahes must have fallen asleep because he remembered dreaming for a moment right before the stranger approached. The young lioniod rose to his feet and covered his mouth with his arm in an attempt to hide his huge yawn.

Maahes took a second to focus on the stranger. It was a Dracon!

The katta didn't know what to think, weren't dracons all evil vile creatures hellbent on the destruction of Telath itself. At least that was what his 'pride' had taught him. On the other hand the lioniods of Kyathis where known bigots and highly racist of all but other Katta.

Although he was taken aback the aspiring Aslanite would not be rude or dishonest. He would not let the opinions of others cloud his outlook of this creature, though he would be cautious he would let this mans words and actions speak for themselves "Serale to you as well," he stated coolie as he started collecting light essence to cast a spell in a pinch.

He moved to the edge of the shade towards the stranger. He stopped a few paces away and proudly introduced himself, "I am Maahes Lionhart from Kyathis to the west" He said with a curt bow, his hand rested on the hilt of his sword, just in case. "I seek safe passage through this country to the capital to the east." The lone refugee continued. His mouth was dry, the heat was getting to him, he was anxious to see how the dracon reacted.

Last edited by Maahes; July 24, 2017 at 05:43 AM.
Old July 24, 2017, 05:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Famous

Maximus noted that the Katta was looking a tad defensive, but that was to be expected. When he traveled around with his foster father, a military dracon, during the war, they were usually pointed at, whispered at and generally avoided... Until an enemy arrive and everyone would hide behind the company of dracon.

'Then again', Maximus thought. 'If I see anyone in the countryside with a blade at their waist, he would be on the defensive side as well.'

He was glad the Katta had attempted to be friendly, even though his hands actually went to the sword hilt. The dracon stopped a twenty paces away from Maahes, his hands opened up in friendliness. "Do not even attempt to show me your blade, Maahes. I may be a weaponsmith in training, but I won't help you re-edge it." He chuckled at his little joke. "I am Maximus Navire from Nexus Prime. I am just taking a walk around the countryside, stretching my wings and enjoying some nature time."

Maximus went to his belt and pulled out a budging waterskin. "Want to share a drink and some trail biscuits with me? This oak tree is as good a place to rest as any."
Old July 24, 2017, 11:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Notable

It was a relief to see that the dracon was friendly he half expected him to come out swinging and to be honest if there was a fight Maahes would have probably succumb to heat stroke well before the bout was finished.

The dracons words rang in the young kattas ears. "A weapon smith hu?" he replied curiously as he looked down at the battered long sword that rested freely in his belt. It was in very poor shape. Not only was it old and used but it looked as if the katta had been sword fighting with trees, because he sort of was... Ooops.

Enjoying some nature time? The young katta gave a sideways glance at that remark. He hatted it out there!!! Up until recently the young lioniod spent most of his days lounging around the commune with out a care in the world drinking and snacking at his leisure. Not trekking across the country starving and dying of thirst, his situation had become dire indeed. Oh how he longed to be back home with his family.

"Serale, Maximus Navire from Nexus Prime," he replied with a curt bow. "It's an honer to meet you," He said coolie as he approached the stranger and offered a respectful handshake. Paw to Claw... So to say. Maahes knew little of Nexus Prime except that it was across the bay from where Kyathis used to be and that his uncle would travel there for business every few months. Other then that he noticed a cross road heading that way a few candlemarks back.

The kattas eyes lit up at sound of food and water... He was soooo thirsty... "WOULD I!" the young Aslanite shouted as he completely lost his cool and lunged for the waterskin. "Thanks a lot stranger!" he said still lapping at the nozzle. "Come, its much cooler up here in the shade" The thought of some tasty biscuits made his stomach talk as they made there way up next to the old oak. The young katta took one more drink "Ahhhh..." he let out a sigh of relief then handed the waterskin back to Maximus. "Thanks again" the katta wiped the froth from his lips then regained his composure "Sorry about that," he apologized, "I must have been thirstier then I thought."

"Say, are there lots of dracons in Nexus Prime?" He asked as he waited politely for some biscuits. His curiosity had gotten the best of him. Despite the horrible rumors Maahes found himself fascinated by his new companion. He couldn't help but imagine a giant city just across the bay gleaming with thousands of dracons flying through the air... What a sight that would be!

Last edited by Maahes; July 25, 2017 at 12:26 AM.
Old July 25, 2017, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Famous

Maximus took the katta's hand and shook it. Claws and paws shaking hands. It was odd.

He handed the waterskin to the eager Maahes and took a seat under the oak tree. While he did like the heat, he preferred heat without having to stand in direct sun. Yes, this dracon is an odd one. Not a problem." As he took the waterskin back. "This brightening must be very hot for you." He eyed at the katta's fur.

"I don't think there is much dracons in Nexus Prime. Maybe a score of us, but no more than a hundred." Maximus informed. He really had no idea how many dracons were there, and even if there was a lot, most were in shifted form.

"You are heading to Aelyria Prime for business or pleasure?" He suddenly asked. He had never been to the capital and this Arium was the furthest east he journeyed to before. "What is it like there? Never have the chance to head there myself."
Old July 26, 2017, 04:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Notable

The young katta sat politly across from the dracon as they broke bread and talked. Maahes let out a desperate sigh at the mention of the heat and said, "Yeah this era is bad! I'll be fine though as long as I stay in the shade."

It was a real shame there where not more dracons especially ones like Maximus! He seemed friendly enough Maahes wasn't sure what all the fuss was about any way.

It didn't take him long, "Business…" The katta replied coolie. Ever since the Black Fog of the Xet War completely annihilated his home a few Eras ago the aspiring Aslanite did not seek pleasure only justice!

"I need to begin my training..." Maahes said more to him self then to the stranger before him. Deep down I think he felt weak and incompetent! Deep down I think he blamed himself for the genocide that succumbed his people. So he sought training to forge himself into a skillful worrier, one of the best, someone worthy of Aslan himself!!! The first and only place he could think of going was the capital… Far removed from the horrors in the west… Far away from Sancta Nova… Was he running away from something???

Maahes had lived hand to mouth for to long it was time to learn to fight and man a forge, "I've never been to the capital either but I hear they have the best swordsman and weaponsmiths in the whole Empire. Thats where I want to be! Thats where I want to train! At least for a while."

"What about you? Do you work as a weaponsmith in Nexus Prime?" Maahes asked politely.
Old July 26, 2017, 04:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Famous

"Training? What kind of training are you seeking" Maximus asked curiously. From the conversation, he could guess Maahes was looking to become a swordsman.

"Anyway, it's ain't true the best is in the capital. I just believe they have more swordman and weaponsmith there. Most of my father's unit could whoop those bottoms of the Capital's so-called finest." Maximus said proudly. It was true, at least to the dracon's mind. He watched his late foster father and his men winning brawls against the mercenaries hired from Aelyria Prime to bolster the defences against the Xet. What he did not understand was, mercenary always claimed they were the finest. "Then again, maybe the best is really in the capital city, protecting the royalties and crafting for them as well."

"Well, I'm still an apprentice weaponsmith, under a dwarven mastersmith. It is my goal to become one of the best smith in the empire and maybe even all around Telath!" Maximus declared shamelessly. There was nothing to hide if he was aiming to make it happen.
Old July 27, 2017, 03:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Notable

Maahes looked up at the stranger "I want to be a Paladin in the service of Aslan!" He said with great zeal. "My father was a Paladin of Faith and I want to follow in his footsteps." It was more of a rumor then a fact the fact was he hadn't seen or heard from his father since he was a young child. Maybe when he found the Paladins they may know more.

"I suppose you may be right, either way it will be nice to cheek it out" Even if he couldn't find any decent training there maybe he could at least find some work.

A dwarven mastersmith hu? That sounded awesome! "Can you take a look at my sword?" Maahes showed the aspiring weaponsmith his battered old longsword. "Is there any hope in restoring it or did I ruin it?" The katta had nicked the blade a bit and knocked the handle lose when he hit a tree with it.
Old July 27, 2017, 07:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Famous

Maximus looked into the skies when Maahes spoke about being a Paladin, of Aslan no less. The katta's goal was as different to the dracon's goal like Thaum and Necromancy. Maximus final goal was just power, gained through any means possible. Trickery, power and possessions.

He looked down silently and accepted the blade. His thoughts were broken by the look on the sword and he was shock. "Though this is an old blade, it is well made. What sort of monsters have you fought with, whose hide is so thick that even the handle."

He looked at Maahes with a different eye, thinking if this katta became a paladin... Maximus decided that it was better to be a friend to this katta rather than a foe. "We could grind of the nick and re-edge the blade. The handle would be easiest. Just replace it."
Old July 27, 2017, 09:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Notable

Maahes followed the dracons gaze into the air. The katta wasn't as gullable as some may think though it did take him a moment to realize that the dracon did not like Aslan or the Paladins of Faith. He knew the Paladins had many enemies and that some Aelyrians despised them but that did not discourage the young lioniod it only fueled his zeal. "Ha! I take it Aslans grace doesn't shine on you!" He replied with a smirk. Maahes was not there to judge, everyone was entitled to there own opinion dracons where no exception.

The katta was ashamed of the condition of his sword. Oh how he wished he had some sort of glorified story about fighting off some rock monsters or saving a woman from a giant sea crab. The truth was a lot less glamorous "No monsters," He replied coolie "I hit it on a tree while I was practicing." His voice was thick with shame, he knew he had messed up the moment the sword struck wood.

Good news, it sounds relatively easy to fix. Some tender loving care, a little bit of grinding and a new handle. "Can you help me fix it? I can pay you for your service of course. How much would it cost?"
Old July 27, 2017, 11:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Famous

The perceptiveness of the Katta amused Maximus. "Aslan, truth and honor. Is it truth that when you refuse to do what you want due to social grace. Is it honor to surrender falsely so that you may live another brightening to kill your foe." He had saw his father allowing a surrendered soldier to escape, only to find the soldier attacking when his father's back was turned.

Maximus maintained a serious look for a moment before he smiled a bright smile. "If you truly follow Aslan's teachings, it's not for me to rebuke. My religious belief starts at a holiday and end at one. I don't think any gods would even bother to look my way, to look at a lowly blacksmith." Then he laughed. "But if they do, maybe they can buy a sword from me or something. I won't reject them."

Maximus opinion of Maahes dropped after the katta informed how the blade was damage, but it did not drop a lot. The katta could have weaved any old story about a rock monster or about fighting a troll, but he decided to speak the truth. He nodded. "I can fix it, but just not here. I would need my equipment and as an apprentice, I think my master would like to take a look before I repair it. Honestly speaking, any weapon smith can take a few candlemarks and fix your blade, and it would not be expensive. I am thinking its around the range of..." Maximus quoted a price that those of Sterling wealth could easily afford.
Old July 28, 2017, 05:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Notable

"It is true, there are many who masquerade as Aslans pupal and yet fail completely at upholding his true purpose to hart. It's easy to lie cheat and steal, some may even argue that it's a necessity of survival. Maybe they're right but some of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make where the honest ones. Isn't there enough deception and suffering in the world? I think its time for someone to fight for whats right and honest." The young katta rose proudly to his feet and raised his sword high in the air "That someone is me!" he yelled

He looked back at Maxamus "I don't know if the gods grace shines on us or not. Does it really matter? I follow Aslan and his teachings because I feel it's the right thing to do. And you Maxamus," he paused and looked at the dracon. "may your skill and ambition lead you to the gates of Aetherian where you may peddle your wares to the gods themselves!"

His little speech had had gotten to his head. He relaxed and steered the conversation away from such a conflicting subject "I like you, like you said any weapon smith can fix my sword but if you want to coins and the business I'd like to have you do it."

"For now though what do you say we find a swimming hole and get out of this heat." He looked at the dracon with new energy, "You're from around here do you know of a good spot?"

OOCWe could start a new thread where we work on my sword if you want.
Old July 30, 2017, 01:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Famous

ooc'Auto-Repair' should be within your wealth level. Haven't got my smith XP approved yet. Patiently Waiting for it

Maximus smiled when the katta stood up and declared himself as the defender of good and justice.

"If a brightening comes when a god need my service, I would gladly make something for them" He replied with a hearty laugh. "Of course, I would have to pinky swear them first. No refunds. As for your blade, if you like, I can recommend my master to repair it. I don't think he would be happy if I just take any business without his acknowledgement. You know, dwarves and all that." He sighed. He hoped that one brightening, he could venture and open his own shop.

"A watering hole? Why bother with that when we have a sea just up north?" He pointed northward. "We should be able to get there in a candlemark or so."

oocIf you are interested, we could get a mod and start an adventure here
Old August 1, 2017, 07:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Notable

OOCAuto repair? That sounds boring. I can do that but I thought Maahes would like to be there and watch his sword get fixed, maybe he could learn a thing or two as well ;). Another place another time, maybe…

Maahes laughed at their conversation, "Well, if I'm ever near Nexus Prime I'll have to stop in and meet the old dwarf, I could always use a good shield to go with my sword."

"To the north?" The katta questioned "But I'm heading southeast, to Prime." He took a moment to assess the situation "Yeah, the sea sounds good." All though it was slightly out of his way the detour might prove beneficial besides he wasn't making any progress anyway and a quick dip in the ocean sounded awesome!

"I can't wait to get out of this heat. I'll follow you, lead the way." The katta gathered up what little gear he had and started after the dracon.

OOCShould we get a mod? Also once Maahes gets to the sea he may decide it would be easier to try and take a boat to Prime (or at least somewhere closer)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: