Old October 2, 2017, 06:55 PM   #76 (permalink)
Hero

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a dubious Denizen

oocnice questions! Keeps me on my toes ;-)

Caras smiled. The inquisitive mind was a playground for those that could look to find such things to think about. He had asked for questions and these were just about nothing he thought the Dracon would ask him. Tgat being said Caras was happy that this young one, in terms of the plane of elementism was looking at what he could do to change the norm. This was a good thing, but not always the most productive as some things could lead to spells flaring off, or other uncontrolled issues.

"Well these are certainly some interesting points you have asked about. Let me see if I can look to sort them out for you.

In answer to your first question the answer I would give is that the elements tend to have certain properties you can have some limited control over. If you think of the flame of fire, for instance, why is it predominiently red, or orange in colour? This is purely due to the temperature of the flame, or substance that is being used as fuel. So if we are producing a flame, could we make a blue flame? It is possible yes, but it would take some time to practise this, to gain control of the fires heat, or the way your mana is brought forth as the flame itself. The same wouldst apply to the generation of the earth, water, or air elements. We can have measures of control, but I stress these would need practise, and an element of individual control that only go es with practise, so do not expect much success as a lower level Mage straight away.

The second question is a very good one! One could use your spell in defensive terms to maybe respond to the vidrations, and this is something I had not thought through before, using elements to sense the surroundings in such ways. I think this may be possible, but I would suggest that this is likely to be easier to perform if in contact with the element concerned. I suppose you would need to give it a try, but your level will be the deciding factor in how far these vibrations, or other sensing mechanism, would work.

Now to the third and last question.
If you are at the correct level, the spells does not have a duration to it, and the spells used are not in opposition, then some forms of spells could be set to work together. But controlling spells in such manner would take a grater control of the spells. I certainly wouldn't try to do such things as an initiate hedgemage, as these spells will require you to control your level is the deciding factor for these types of things.

So. Let's get home"

The return to the lower floor was again uneventful, and Caras just waved in the direction of the bedroom when they got back, indicating that it was to be used to rest.

On awakening Caras would have prepared a similar meal as last time, with more berries and fruits I cured this time.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2, 2017, 11:05 PM   #77 (permalink)
Famous

Maximus Navire is a dubious Denizen
Maximus pondered on the answer and nodded. It made sense. He was a blacksmith and if added enough coal and pump for long enough, the fire might turn blue or even as rumored, white.

Feeling vibration in the air would be one of the best manner. He closed his eyes for a moment to imagine an expiring pulse of air emitting from him and if it hit anything, it would return. Then he cast it hoping to see a mental map of the surrounding area.

After casting the spell, he nodded. "Let's return."

The next brightening, as he ate, he kept his ears opened for any footsteps.
Old October 19, 2017, 05:10 PM   #78 (permalink)
Hero

oocapologies for delays. Work issues have really been a pain. I am back now so let’s continue.

The spell, the pulse of air pushed outwards, but the answering echo didn’t happen. Maybe there was more to it, or maybe the ideas would need more refinement to be able to ‘listen’ to the changes in air pressure, or waves, was something that would take practise.

Anyways the pair returned back to the house and the rest was taken, both recouping their respective vis levels. The food was a welcome start to what was going to be an interesting brightening, for a change, the offensive was going to be taken, Caras had had enough of hiding, the gang against him was the target , and he was ready, with his new student to aid him in the fight.

”So Maximus, I think we have maybe a way that we can lure them to us and then you and We can tear them down. If we become separated be careful. Do not try to overextend spells, as that leads to failure, keep the spells simple, limit numbers and sizes of elements used. That is my final advice, and hopefully not my last. Now you said before that you maybe had ideas on how we could lure them to us. What did you have in mind?”

Old October 19, 2017, 05:59 PM   #79 (permalink)
Famous

"Hmmm... I have two ideas. We lure them to a place we trapped. I will tell them you are dead and request for them to see it for themselves. When they reached there, we hit them from the front and back. The other idea is to lay the traps around here and when they are near, you appear at the door to show them how to enter. Let them come in and we handle them" Maximus suggested.

The first idea was the easiest, but the danger was them getting away. The second idea might be dangerous for Caras. He might not reach this area fast enough.

"Or we combine the two ideas. We trap this area, I tell them you are dead inside here. When they come in, we will attack them front and back."
Old October 30, 2017, 03:08 PM   #80 (permalink)
Hero

oocSorry for the delays. lets get these mercenaries :-)

Caras thought things through. As ideas went these were not the worst that he could think of, and certainly they could work. He could see some room for problems with the last one in that they were unlikely to fall into the trap in this room. The first seemed to be the best bet, in that they were both likely to be able to make better attacks in an open area, rather than in an enclosed space.

"Lets go with the first option. If we look to find a small clearing a little ways from here you can lure them to the area, I can be playing dead, in the clearing area, and then you can hit them from behind, and I can hit them from the front. I like this idea. So lets go find somewhere to set this up."

Caras seemed enthused by this idea, as he was up as striding towards the door, before Maximus could begin to follow. As he approached the door though, Caras stopped, and turned back towards Maximus holding a finger to his lips and pointing to his ears, he motioned back to the room. As a last signal, Caras put both hands together linking his fingers, then pulled them apart quickly, mouthing the word 'BOOM'.

Caras whispered,"Get ready, they've found us. No time to prepare traps, we go head to head, be careful, try for control, in all things, we will succeed if we keep the spells controlled enough, although if we bring the house down, it's no big loss, the hiding place is no longer safe. here they come!

With the last words there was a crash, as the sounds of the door being broken apart came to their ears. Caras stood quite calmly waiting, no visible signs that he had anything ready. The four people that stood in the entrance to the room looked at the pair waiting for them to approach.

"Well, well, Well! it seems we have a turncoat! You were supposed to bring the mage to us. It seems you misunderstood. What do you have to say for yourself?"

Old October 30, 2017, 04:20 PM   #81 (permalink)
Famous

Maximus walked out thinking of what traps to make when he was halted. "Alright, here we go then." He replied.

He grinned at the four, gathering his vis for a spell from a different sphere."Well, I'm bringing him out ain't out. Spoke to him I did, but you lied too. He's nothing more than an old man who could control the elements."

He released his vis he gathered to shape into a spell he used a few times. Short distance teleportation or dimension step as he often called it. He wanted to behind the gathered four with his longsword drawn."What do you got to say for yourself now?"

He hoped that if he was at the back, it will allow Caras to cast a spell at their back.
Old November 7, 2017, 01:37 PM   #82 (permalink)
Hero

The leader of the group looked at the one before him that was supposed to bring this mage to him, and his employers, keeping things calm, as he didn't want to break everything, and he needed the mage alive to appear before the council of Mages at the college. He needed to sort out this turn coat, he didn't believe him at all. He was getting annoyed with this contract though, it wasn't supposed to be this hard to earn a few shields.

"Right! So you expect us to believe you? If you were going to deliver this one to us, you would have....

The one he was talking to, just disappeared from view, then nonchalantly asked his question. The leader turned back to see Maximus holding his sword menacingly towards one of the others that had come to get the old man.

Caras now went on the offensive, creating a globe of air energy, than covered the leader and two others. There was a sudden look of unbelief on their faces, then looks of pain and shock as the energy discharged from the spell went through their bodies, finding the paths of least resistance, straight to the ground. The three were momentarily paralysed as the electric currents sent their muscles into spasm.

That just left the one man who was facing off against Maximus. This one had his wits about him, as he already had his sword drawn, and was in a defensive stance, ready for Maximus to make his move. Caras did not interfere, if was for Maximus to sort out his next move.

Old November 7, 2017, 01:45 PM   #83 (permalink)
Famous

Maximus watched Caras took down three of the enemies, but he did not smile. He concentrated intensely, commanding a single spike of air energy to blast from under the final enemy. He had thought of using fire, but he was worried it might burn this place down. Furthermore, Caras had already gathered the element of air around the area, so he might as well borrowed it.

He point his sword at the final enemy and yelled. "Force star!" Then he released the elemental spike from under the enemy.
Old November 9, 2017, 04:43 PM   #84 (permalink)
Hero

oocouch This is going to hurt, and in a nasty place ;-)

The man now facing Maximus was ready to go head to head with him, but all of a sudden the shout from Maximus disorientated him, and the bolt of energy, shaped like a shaft of a crass bow bolt, but slightly longer, the energy bolt hit him straight between the legs, causing a few things to happen all at once. The face of the man suddenly registered the pain of the bolt hitting him, the shock wave from the bolt caused his genitals to convulse, losing control of his legs as the shock, caused his muscles to spasm, he fell to the floor, and as the muscle spasms continued his bladder was triggered releasing the contents. Not a pretty sight, but certainly effective method of attack.

The four men were, for the moment disabled, not being able to do much.

Caras looked towards Maximus. "Think we should tie these guys up! Then we can decide what our next move should be. Caras threw Maximus a short length of rope, and began tying the hands of the leader. The others were still in a state of shock, but they would still need to be tied up, as one of them seemed to be made of stronger constitution, and was beginning to move just a little from his own brain trying to recover and get away.

Old November 9, 2017, 09:56 PM   #85 (permalink)
Famous

The dracon grinned viciously as the attack did it work. He should really try fire next time, a blade of fire to split a person into half.

Maximus didn't find any need to tie anyone up, as they knew the place. They should be killed, but maybe Caras didn't want to dirty the carpeting here. He moved forward quickly to tie the rest of the crew up with ropes, but he was ready to land a killing blow if needed, striking his claws into the men's throat.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: