Old July 5, 2017, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Notable

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Maximus Navire is unknown and forgotten
[Nexus Prime] Making a Magical Item

Melora Era XXIV

Maximus was in one of his rare mood where he could spent candlemarks within his own hovel, in his own form, enjoying what his father had called, "blue sky time." In a more commonly use phrase, stoning.

He had began working for a Master Graxa in Ponutis and though the dwarf was not a slave master, he felt like one. Maximus had barely anytime to stretch his wings and tails. It was after one full month of working that he finally became suited and could 'stone' on his rest brightenings. This rare mood was disturbed by a pebble dropping on his head (ironically, he had thrown it onto the roof out of boredom many months ago and was stuck on the ceiling beam). He noticed it dropping, but there just wasn't enough time, nor had he the energy to cast deflect for something that he would barely feel. That gave him an idea. What if he could store some power in an amulet. He tried to recalled his trainer's teaching and it was quite blur. It was a long time ago... but first things first...

Maximus searched out a ring, the ring belonging to his real father. The only think he could remember about him. He closed his eyes to recall what was required of him... When he remembered, he spent a full candlemark cleaning the hovel. He should not be disturbed by another pebble again.

The first step he recalled, was to Amplify. He sat crosslegged on the floor, his right palm out with the ring on top. He breathed in deeply and concentrated on all the process known as Temporary Amplification. He breathed deeply in till he achieve a mental state that he cannot recall the name. It did not matter. He saw many auras around him in his minds eye. Slowly, he concentrated on himself to draw out all the VIS within himself to draw in the aura. Time did not matter. Noise did not matter. He just concentrated on the one thing. To draw out all his VIS.
Maximus Navire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6, 2017, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Luminary

Icefyre is a dubious Denizen

oocThought we were going to look at your sword. A ring, that should be more fun.

Maximus sat crossed legged. The amplification of his Vis was fine, it was if he could see it.the vis was ready to form his Mana. These were techniques that would take time, and certain concentration. Any small interuption, would mean the spell would fizzle. Maximus tried, but through a small shiver, the mana was broken. He would have to try again. Maybe he would need to do something else to help the process.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6, 2017, 04:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Notable

ooc I thought so too, but sword is for offence and there is 'star of force' to imbue

His concentration broke, but it was lucky it was not very spent. He thought about it, what did his master always said. 'Clear his mind, think of nothing, but don't think about it'. He groaned inwardly, thinking how did he actually learnt sorcery in the past from this kind of master.

He went back to his first time, drawing vis and casting his first spell. He needed concentration, a lot of it and... yes! That was it! He just thought about breathing in and out, in and out, in and out... At the same time, he shut his ears to all else until he could only hear his own heart beat... and he was sitting on the floor that time. Maybe the bed, although not the softest, might still unbalance him.

He sat on the floor, focusing on his breathing, listening to nothing but his own heartbeat and repeated the whole process to draw all his vis and amplify everything!
Old July 7, 2017, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Luminary

The meditation helped. Moving from the bed helped.

Imbuement of any spell was not easy, especially for a low level caster. There was so much to try to do all at once. Concentrate. Yes, any break in this and you lost the spell, but there were other things. Especially if one was trying to do something like this. There must have been some part of the teachings of his master that Maximus must have missed, or heard and maybe had forgotten, for the spell did not take again, it just fizzled.

Perhaps if he thought it through again, or maybe could find some additional lore that he may have forgotten on how to amplify, or some other means, then the spell may be forced to the ring.

oocthere is a hint in here.

Old July 7, 2017, 12:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Notable

His concentration broke again. He remembered he needed to concentrate hard, weave the spell and hold it there. He knew a part, a part that he did not really want to do, a part that his trainer had told him it was a great way to fight against another when he had the home advantage. He sighed

Taking a chalk, he drew a circle and six symbols. An orb on the top, then in anti clockwise direction, a stylish draconic word meaning Power, a fire to represent rage, a drop of blood (would looked like a teardrop) and a skull. It was the reverse cycle to life. Then taking in a deep breath, he dropped a drop of blood in each of the symbols. His own blood was something he did not like shed. He sat in the circle and attempted again. He needed to concentrate, gather as much vis as possible and weave it into the spell of deflect. A rounded shield that would deflect all projectile.

And concentrate, he did.
Old July 9, 2017, 06:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Luminary

The circle of power was placed. The symbols were written, the blood was placed, although only a small gift, each drop on each symbol, symbolising the commitment to the body that this was something that was something that had a cost. A cost that had to be paid for, and Maximus indeed had paid for the carrageenan against him in full. The symbols were just that, items, and and payments in required positions. That would help concentrate the mana into the ring.

Maximus, situated in the centre of the ring, concentrated. It seemed as if the concentration was now more intense and somehow easier to bring forth the required vis, and mix it to form the mana. If one was attuned to the planes of magic such as a spell breaker, you would have been able to see the mana wrapping and twisting in a fight with the internal motions of the particles that the ring internally was made of. The candlemark past at its usual pace, but in the area Maximus sat it seemed to have slowed, the mana weaving the spell, took its time, and beat down the natural resistance of an inanimate object.

Maximus would feel the mana working. Once the spell imbue had finished his eyes would be heavy his body, not matter how hard he try would fall, from sitting to a heap on the floo, completely spent.

Old July 9, 2017, 11:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Notable

'Temporary Amplification. It is usually done during a period of extreme emotional state, such as raging like a howling barbarian, death of a close friend in combat or in great time of stress. The effect will create a powerful spell, but the consequence is tireness. This is the reason why mages should maintain a calm emotions in battle.'

That was the thought Maximus had when he sat on the floor, panting. His vision was blur, his body was heavy. It was a small wonder why mages were said to be slain by untrained enemy soldiers. They must have spent everything and became like him, slump, unable to move... maybe even unwilling to move.
Old July 10, 2017, 01:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Luminary

The spell imbue had worked.

A single charge was imprinted into the weave if the material structure of the ring. The metal for some reason had resisted, but now had allowed itself to be changed, and the magical charge applied.

The reasons for the level of sleep was the fact the the ring had been resistant to the form of the spell. This is why it had taken such an amplification to break down that barrier. Trouble was Maximus' body now needed rest. Sleep, the deepest kind, would recharge his vis allowing the dracon, to be ready to try again. Perhaps he would need to ensure that he had some free time again if ever he wanted to imbue further charges of the spell. For one of low level, such charges were ultimately useful in battle, but all spells have a cost, and charging any object would take its payment, in one form or another.

When he awoke, Maximus would feel a little groggy, and still a little tired, but the ring would have a single charge on it. Trouble was? What was the word, or command that would release the charge? Was that implied in the imbue ritual? Had Maximus specifically specified the command? If not he may need some trial and error for the ring to give up the now implanted spell.

Old July 10, 2017, 02:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Notable

It was nearly brightening when Maximus found himself lying on the ground. He had a strange dream, of the reason why it was difficult to imbue an item and about the command word. He had always know the two command words he was going to use. One for offensive and one for defensive.

He looked at the ring and wondered if within his weaving, he had input the defensive command word within. He did not want to break into the 'material' of the ring again after he finish his one and only charge, but he was going feel really stupid if he charged everything up and found out that he messed up with the command word or actually failed in imbuing or something worst.

He wore his ring, threw a pebble into the sky, pointed his ring upwards and said. 'istarrsSapphire/Blue" It was the draconic word for Sapphire Blue. He wanted it to be a defensive word as he loved his natural scale colour and would like to protect it.
Old July 11, 2017, 03:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Luminary

The pebble reached the apex of its travel upwards. There was a Freud moment where everything stopped in terms of the pebble had no motion at all. Then in the split of a second, the pebble began its downward travel towards the ring. It was only a small pebble, but wrapping the knuckles would hurt if this pebble hit. The pebble continued and moved towards hitting Maximus. The word was spoken. But there was no releases in the spell, there were no sparks, to cap it all the pebble sailed on and hit Maximus on the knuckle.

Perhaps the other word would work?
Old July 11, 2017, 03:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Notable

'Ouch' That was the first thought as the pebble hit his knuckles. It was not really painful, but he was confident that the spell would trigger and he was not ready to feel any pain.

'Feth!' That was the second thought as the pebble hit the ground. The trigger word didn't happen. Maybe the second word would work.

Maximus picked up the pebble again and threw it upwards. He watched the pebble fly to its zenith. That was the point he raised his hand and when he noticed the pebble fell, he called out. "Wes-rach." The draconic phrase for 'You Toad'

It was suppose to be funny, taunting someone "you toad" and it strike that bugger's face.
Old July 12, 2017, 02:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Luminary

The stone flew, reached its zenith of motion, began to fall when the word was spoken. As the stone fell it suddenly veered off course bouncing away from the ring. It spell had been cast, the word, although the wrong one, had triggered, and released the spell.

Only question now was did he want to imbue the spell again.

oocsorry for the short post, but couldn't see how to make a simple question turn into a page :-)

Old July 12, 2017, 02:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Notable

Maximus' eyes rolled as he saw the stone being bounced away. He slapped his hand on his forehead and sighed. "DOH!"

He was to report to work a few brightenings later, thus he decided to try again in a cycle time, when he was more well rested... and on the next off from work where he had more than one brightening to work his magic.

A cycle later... Maximus found himself back inside the circle and he sacrifice a drop of blood into each circle. He knew what he needed to do, but he wondered if he would do it right this brightening. There was no time for doubt, however.

The dracon sat cross-legged, concentrating and focusing hard to weave the spell deflect with all his Vis. A spell that will prevent all types of projectiles, magical or physical from harming him. These projectiles will be deflected to one side. This time around, before he imbue the weave into the ring, he thought hard of the word. 'istarrs' This word would be the command word.

He focused, he weaved, he filled the ring with his power. The command word was 'istarrs'...
Old July 13, 2017, 12:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Luminary

The metal band wasn't as stubborn to accept the spell this time, but it didn't happen that fast. The process still took a lot of concentration, and totally drained Maximus of his reserves. The ring sat as he had placed it, but Maximus collapsed in the ring of power again. His breathing steady. If there was a war going on outside his home, Maximus would have missed it, the sleep was total, the sleep was all that mattered, the sleep.... zzzzzzz

When he awoke the next brightening he would not feel good, aches and pains throughout his body would tell him that he had not picked a good position to fall asleep in.

Old July 13, 2017, 01:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Notable

The next brightening was the same as the first time he did it. He looked at his ring and then quickly for a pebble. It was time to repeat the the test. He threw the pebble into the air and as he fell, he said. "Istarrs"

He was sure it's going to work this time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: