Old July 26, 2017, 04:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Famous

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Maximus Navire is a dubious Denizen
After trying for a few moments, Maximus remembered reading the part about the amplification process was needed. He sighed and returned the book. A part of him wanted to have some fun with the snoring person, but another part of him told him to be mature. He slowly walked towards the sound of the snoring and if the person was sitting on a chair, the childish part of Maximus would win. Standing at a distance, he drew on his reserve, he weave a 'force hand' and held it at the chair's leg. Once he was ready, he released the spell and walked away casually.

it was time to go home.

The Dracon knew he had to work the following brightening, so without any choice, he waited for a few brightenings later to attempt the counterspell.

On the brightening where he would have an off brightening next, he prepared the circle, blood and pillows as usual, he focused and try to notice what powers were truly on the ring.
Old July 31, 2017, 01:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Hero

Icefyre is a dubious Denizen

Maximus' attempts to figure what was causing the issue with the ring was not as easy as you would expect. Although he eeas the one to actually imbue the spell onto the ring, the weaving of the mana for the spell was hard to decipher, to the point that as he was performing his check and trying to see where the issue was the spell backfired as it resisted his probing. There was a crackle, then a short fizzing sound before the last spell that had been applied gave up its weave, but last that Maximus would remember before the flash of arcane energy was released, would be the flash of light that came from the ring.

oocyou have gone to sleep again. This time though when you awaken you will find that the ring is still intact, but there is a mark in its external surface where the one charge was removed.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31, 2017, 03:05 PM   #33 (permalink)
Famous

Maximus woke up the next brightening, feeling a little more painful than other times. He looked at the ring and sighed. There was a mark on the ring. He somehow knew that the blast came from the last charge weave, the weaker charge. It was best not to do anymore imbuing into the ring, in case it falls apart. 2 charges were good enough.

Maybe he should put a hold on charging up his blade... until he had sufficient knowledge or experience.
Old August 1, 2017, 12:54 AM   #34 (permalink)
Hero

The mark on the ring was the last charge going faulty and set off. The other two charges remained and were intact. It was up to the Dracon what would be the next step. At the moment though the effects of the discharged spell would need to be either absorbed, or just wait until they were to wear off. At the moment he could try, but the likelihood of another faulty, or partial, imbue of a spell was very high. Perhaps the next attempts would be better when he had more experience, perhaps not. The trouble with these things were , as Maximus was finding out, more difficult for some things than others. Only time and the dracon's experience would tell for that was what these processes more often than not needed.

oocI am willing to keep going on this if you want to or are you looking to close up here?

Old August 1, 2017, 07:53 AM   #35 (permalink)
Famous

Maximus took some time to polish his ring, hopefully the mark would be gone. Happy with his work, he pocketed his ring and headed out of his house.

oocWas thinking of using elemental spike for weapon instead. Flaming sword is cool
Old August 1, 2017, 04:53 PM   #36 (permalink)
Hero

oocThat would be cool, but you can't do that until you know the spells on thread, which sucks I know. If you want to keep this thread going then come back to it then that's fine, otherwise I would suggest we look to end this one, and Get the rewards, and then I can help you later once you find your trainer in the other thread, assuming you want me to take you:-), and if someone else, that's fine, but I'd be willing to take up the cause again if and when you need me! anyways let me know in the next post

The ring was polished, the faintest of marks was left by the spell that backfired, but you would have to look for it, and know where it was, it was that faint. The choices were there for the Dracon to make. Perhaps some fresh air, would help him decide the next steps in his arcane quests.

Old August 4, 2017, 02:04 PM   #37 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

OOC:
+1 sorcery xp for Maximus
One ring of 2/2 deflect charges (flawed, can only hold 2 charges)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: