Old June 29, 2017, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Famous

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Maximus Navire is a dubious Denizen
[Nexus Prime] Time to Make Marcaida A Real Person

Ulyris, Era XXIV

Visa should contain.

Name: Marcaida Doughmaker
Date of Birth: 26th Ulyris - Age 32 [8 eras before PF]
Parent's Name: Essen Doughmaker and Tanya Grower
Place of Birth: Port Alyxandrya
Last place of residence:

He looked at what he wrote and nodded. Those information really belonged to Marcaida. However, he did not think it was a good idea to put Port Alyxandrya as last place of residence. It was just too easy to be found out. He pondered for a moment and decided to write in Paxia. It was good. Not only did the true Marcaida perished in Paxia, Paxia was also a dead city. That's the reason why he couldn't return to the last place of residence for a replacement. A good idea.

Next thing, he guessed it was a good idea to speak with his employer, asking him to vouch for him. Thus he headed to his workplace and as usual, worked hard until it was closing time. Then he talked to his boss. "Sir. As you know, I am sort of a temporary visa after my real one was lost in the war. Can't afford to make one back then, and don't have any witnesses. I may so bold to ask, mister. Sir. Can you be one of the witness to vouch for me when I apply for my replacement? It would be a good time, yes? And also will be nice to have a Visa with me when I turn 42 in a few cycles time."
Maximus Navire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2017, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

"Sure."

Wouldn't do to have the new worker, where time and funding had already been invested to get him up to speed, to get hauled off by slavers or something because he didn't have a visa. "Jes' be quick 'bout it, we got work to do."
Old July 1, 2017, 10:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Famous

"Oh thank you very much, master Graxa sir. I will see you at the Aedile office first thing tomorrow morning? We can finish the administration quickly and we can get to work" Marcaida thanked his employer, cleaned and packed up everything before heading home for the darkening.

If Graxa agreed on the time, it was time to seek some of his friends at their usual drinking hole. "Serale! How goes your brightening! No one went and kill the silly donkey yet I hope!" He called our their usual for of greeting. Ever since they started working as wagoner several eras back, their boss was the son of a rich merchant, who Maximus believe, never actually worked a single brightening of his life.

After a two mugs of mead. "We should get to rest early today and meet at the Aedile office first thing tomorrow brightening. Don't want any of you to take any extra candlemark of leave if possible and give that donkey a chance to say silly things, ya? If all goes well, we will drink ourselves silly one your next off-brightening. My treat"

Maximus prayed that all would go well.

The next brightening...

Maximus woke up a few candlemarks earlier to prepare himself. He shifted into the form of Marcaida. He was used to sleeping in the form of Marcaida in the recent eras, but last night, he had decided to return home, and that meant sleeping at his own form. It was also much more comfortable. Then he donned on a clean tunic and a clean pair of pants, packed his work clothes into a canvas sack and headed towards the Aedile office.

He hope his employer and his drinking buddies would appear to be his witness.

Last edited by Maximus Navire; July 3, 2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old July 4, 2017, 01:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Well, everybody had their own things to do, so unfortunately some of his drinking buddies didn't turn up. Nothing to be done about it, some people were busy even this early in the morning. A few others just weren't super comfortable with what he was asking them to do, and figured Maximus would be able to figure it out without them.

In any case, to the Aedile's office! Graxa was there, luckily, as well as two others. Hopefully that'd be enough.
Old July 4, 2017, 02:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Famous

"Serale friend and Master Graxa, Sir." Marcaida looked at the three. They should be sufficient, he prayed. "Let's get this over and done with."

He pushed the doors to the Aedile's office opened and looked around. If he found any signs that signaled it was the place to replaced a Visa, he would move over there to greet the clerk. "Serale. Marcaida Doughmaker, here to replace my Visa."
Old July 4, 2017, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Everybody shuffled in after him. The only thing that seemed to stand out to him as a place to go to would be the receptionist's desk. Up he went, then, explaining why he was here.

"Mmhmm." The requisite forms and paperwork were brought up. "Reason for replacement?"
Old July 4, 2017, 08:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Famous

"Well Sir, I used to leave in Paxia and after being force to leave there. I used to worked, pushing things for a merchant. As you know sir, drinking and brawling is like a second nature. Must ta have lost it back then." Marcaida explained as earnestly as possible. He had told this story to himself so many times, he would sometimes believe it was true. "I have ask for the procedure and so I got the form. Heard I need some witnesses too. So brought my employer and some friends."
Old July 5, 2017, 09:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"Back in Paxia?" The reason given for losing it was understandable enough, but given how long ago Paxia had been destroyed by the Xet, it had taken him a while to try and get it replaced, hadn't he? "What's the reason for taking so long to get this done?"
Old July 6, 2017, 04:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Famous

That was the part he was most worried about, the length of time, but he was prepared. Growing up in a military camp, surrounded by official planners thought him that. Always have contingency.

"You see, I have tried before, but I had no relatives or friends here back then. After that, I was just trying to survive brightening to brightening, waking up before the suns made the shy approach and ending my work... At that point, I have no idea when work actually ended. It felt like work, work, work, rest to eat, work, work, work, close eyes staring at the moon sinking over the horizon and repeat the whole process again." He voice was plaintive, as he described his real work life when he was just starting out. "It is much better now under my new boss, and so I finally got the time."
Old July 6, 2017, 10:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"Hm." Well, that sort of made sense. The life of a refugee was a hard one, and while it was a little different from what people experienced when the Black Fog had settled over the western provinces, having your entire town obliterated by the Xet probably wasn't easy, either.

"All right. Just wait a few moments and we'll get your visa ready."

Seemed everything was sorted, then. Graxa was keen to get back to work and it seemed like he was no longer needed, so the dwarf was heading out. One of the drinking buddies was willing to stay just in case, though. There was just a little paperwork for Maximus to fill out near the end, registration forms as a citizen, that sort of thing. Very standard.
Old July 7, 2017, 04:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Famous

A dracon, especially a Moredan might be known as a schizo. They had a few guises, a few personalities, and if they did not control well, they was going to have a problem. It was fortunate a draconic psyche was one that allowed them to maintain different personality without a problem. Still... listening to what the clerk said, Marcaida the meek and Maximus the original had two different feeling emerging. The first was a sense of great relief. The latter was a sense of achievement.

"Thank you, sir." Marcaida said gratefully.

He was going to be a real person... finally.
Old July 7, 2017, 01:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Huzzah!

OOC:
Maximus acquires a visa for his Marcaida persona.
Old July 7, 2017, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Famous

Marcaida thanked the Aedile Clerk and to both his friends and master.

To his friends. "We will meet again in a few darkening time in our usual spot where I will treat the two of you a mug or two!"

To his master. "All done master Graxa. We can go back to work. If you would do us the honors and join us for a celebratory drink, you will be most welcome!"

At that, he would go back to work.

ooc: YAY! Thread Closed!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: