Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > United Arium Directorate

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old June 26, 2017, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hero
 
Icefyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Aelyria Prime
Posts: 1,050
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a dubious Denizen


Dagger [Countryside] Mercenaries needed: something bearly makes sense

Timestamp: 2nd Carmelyana, Optia. Summer XXIV PF

The two men entered to gates of the city of Vortex. Their demeanour was that of being frightened, but they had a purpose. They had asked of the best place to ask for those that needed work, and had been directed to this tavern. It was a off the Main Street, but seemed a good enough place to begin their search. The men went to the bar and purchased an Ale each. Then the taller of the two stood a bit straighter, cleared his throat, and then shouted out;
"Serale, we come from the farms out towards Fairhaven way. We have come to look for those that might like to earn some money, as we farmers have been set upon by wicked beasts that come and steal our livestock. I haven't seen the beasts myself, but a fellow farmer was attacked, and before he died he talked of a big animal that could change its skin colour to blend into it surroundings. If you can help, we will setup in the corner there, come speak to us, so we can tell you more."

With that done they moved off to the corner of the tavern, waiting to see if anyone wanted to, or would help them.

oocthis is setup for Darius, but if you want to join in and make this more fun then feel free as it would be good to get some interactions with PCs rather than me create a couple of NPCs. As the farmers have stated if you want some action, sign up here :-)
__________________
I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2017, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Famous
 
Maximus Navire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Collecting RED Reputation
Posts: 540
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Maximus Navire is a dubious Denizen
ooc: Love to join

Maximus, as usual, was in the guise of Marcaida when he traveled to Vortex. He was only there to deliver an order for this employer at Nexus Prime, but he had a secret... He had a way to travel back to Nexus in a near blink of an eye! Thus he found himself in a tavern where some farmers requested for help.

"Serale gentle farmers!" The human said as he went forward. "My name is Marcaida, and what seems to be the problem?"

Maximus decided asking was never any issue. He could ask, and if he didn't like what he hear, he could just leave. No problems!
Maximus Navire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2017, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Notable
 
Darius Debuire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: looking for red rep in all places
Posts: 364
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Darius Debuire is an upstanding Citizen
Darius stepped into the bar he was becoming more fond of Vortex, and made frequent trips back to the town. As he came though the door he heard some farmers wanting a beast to be slain. Even if he now had decided to serve Jorel he was still a mercenary and he could use more cash. He heard some other person seeming to positive and sure of them selves in Vortex. "Fool is likely to get mugged or worse with that attitude around here." he muttered quietly to himself. If he had anything worth while Darius might take advantage of that fact later.
Darius walked up to the farmers and took a seat "So you have a problem do you?" Darius placed both hands on the table in a guarded fashion "How much you offering to fix this problem of yours? After all mercenaries don't work for free..." Darius gave a grin "Lets start with lunch, on you of course and not the cheep stuff either." Darius gave a signal to the waitress. and waited for them to come around.
__________________
cir

looking for pepole to play with who are fun
Darius Debuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2017, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hero
 
Icefyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Aelyria Prime
Posts: 1,050
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a dubious Denizen


oocThis should be fun, great ways to enter. We can interact a bit to see if anyone else is interested, otherwise we will look to begin our little trip.

The farmers looked at the two who had volunteered so far. The dark one looked as if he knew what he was about, the other a bit green, but a willing volunteer was worth ten pressed men, as the saying went so they were pleased that the two had offered their assistance. Requests being made already? The farmers had come prepared, and had some coin. They repeated the already made call for a maid to attend the table.

The serving wench, for maid was too nice a term for what arrived at the table to deal with the order, looked to group that had gathered over, noticing the two farmers she smiled a grin populated by three stubourn teeth, that were those left standing after a life of service in this city. She had overheard the declaration, just as the other patrons at the inn had done, and she knew there was perhaps a coin or two to be made if she played the roll correctly this time.

"So young sirs, what would you like to eat and drink, your wish is our desire, within reason as we have fresh stock of many beasts arrived, so peruse the menu and request as you will."

The farmers looked to their volunteers.

"As you requested, chose as you will. We will eat then discuss our issue with you, and any others that may join. Perhaps after you have given your orders, you can tell of your experiences so that we understand your worth. Be not afraid though for the pay will be the same whatever your ability, as long as our problems are resolved. So chose as you wil"

oocIntroduce yourselves as you will, I will wait for a round or two of interactions here then if no one else joins I will take the two of you forward
__________________
I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2017, 07:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Famous
 
Maximus Navire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Collecting RED Reputation
Posts: 540
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Maximus Navire is a dubious Denizen
Maximus grinned at the offer of eating anything he desire. He was not poor, so to speak, but he with his current pay, his diet mostly consist of poor quality meat, the only things he could actually digest properly.

"Any fresh red meat would do, love it rare. And give me a big mug of ale." Maximus ordered

He then turned his attention to his potential employers while patting his longsword. "I have my trusty sword here, I can handle myself in a fight against wild animals and a simple bandit or two. Also a smith by trade, so you can be sure of my strength."

He then turned to Darius. "So neighbour. You're a mercenary? I have seen my fair share, coming and going around the area. I'm pretty sure you can handle yourself in a fight. Put it this way, I had my fair share of fights in this disturbed time, but mostly I fight with wits first, then brute force later. Need to know your style of fighting, or we may get into each other way."

Maximus grinned at the other elf.

Last edited by Maximus Navire; June 28, 2017 at 04:40 AM.
Maximus Navire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2017, 11:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Notable
 
Darius Debuire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: looking for red rep in all places
Posts: 364
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Darius Debuire is an upstanding Citizen
Darius gave a nod to the rather homely waitress "T Bone medium with corn and plenty of butter and pepper on the corn and plenty of pepper and salt deep rubbed into the steak and your best Elvin wine." He stopped the waitress "Try not to rip off my clients, less money for me to get later you understand." Darius gave a smile across his clearly Vysstichi features though his hair clearly showed he was of mixed heritage.
He turned toward the foolish human "I do what ever it takes to get the job done. I am not short on brains nor brawn." He looked about the room sure enough many of the patrons were starring at the naive human some more subtly than others "Also the only free advice I will give you. Keep a close eye on your coin purse around here less you loose it"
__________________
cir

looking for pepole to play with who are fun
Darius Debuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2017, 01:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Hero
 
Icefyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Aelyria Prime
Posts: 1,050
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a dubious Denizen


The serving girl took the orders of the two farmers, both of whom were a little more restrained in their choices, not due to the cost, but more due to wanting to remain buisness like. She left with a smile, and a look of disdains towards the comments from the elven one, muttering obscenities under her breath, as she approached the door that led off towards the kitchen area of the inn. As the door was closing the dulcet tones of the wench could be heard throughout the city as she shouted the order at the cook, with a funny effect being made to the sound as the door swung in, and out, of the frame a number of times

The requested drinks were brought to each, as they were ordered by the barman. Once the food was prepared, with additional attention that the elf's meal warranted, the wench returned, as prim and proper as a duck waddling towards a pond. Each meal looked as smelled much better than the overall form of the inn portrayed by appearance.

They could eat in silence, or converse as they will, the farmers were not going to be forthcoming with the information just yet with the good food in front of them. The slightly more rotund farmer, lifted his glass and made a salute to the two volunteers.

"Here's to good fortune to us all"

oocI'll wait one more round, if anyone else wants to join this little outing, now is the time to join the free meal, otherwise we shall proceed from my next posting.
__________________
I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2017, 04:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Famous
 
Maximus Navire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Collecting RED Reputation
Posts: 540
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Maximus Navire is a dubious Denizen
Maximus nodded at the elf reply and decided to just wait patiently for the food to come.

"Cheers to that, gentle farmers." Maximus grinned, also raising his mug and drinking half of its content with one gulp.

The dracon ate rather silently, savouring the piece of meat in front of him. As he finished his food, he finished what was left of his mug and leaned back, giving a good hearty burp. "That was satisfying. So on to business then. Tell me... us, what we gotta kill."

The others at the table might have notice Marcaida's eyes seemed to flash red when he said the word kill.
Maximus Navire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2017, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Famous
 
Cherjaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 519
Cherjaine is an upstanding Citizen
Lady was seeking for a new home and had been traveling from town to town for several months, surviving through peddling her alchemical wares, helping those in needs and through the bounty of mother nature. She had recently entered Vortex and fluttered quite unseen through one of the tavern’s window.

She overheard the conversation between four long legs and found it intriguing. She to a point just beyond the reach of any of the quartet below. “I can’t help by overhearing you have troubles. If you want it, I can offer my service as a member of the <Guardian>. Call me Lady”
Cherjaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2017, 04:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hero
 
Icefyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Aelyria Prime
Posts: 1,050
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a dubious Denizen


oocOk. I think we have our company assembled. Welcome to the thread. Hope you enjoy the little job ahead of you, I'm going to :-) Any questions feel free to PM me.

The assembled group were joined by one of the fae. The Farmers looked at each other, then again at the little one that had joined them. They listened as she introduced herself and then the taller of the two smiled.

"Serale M'Lady. We welcome all the help we can get, although, this is a big task, I'm sure you will be able to assist in one way or another. Please come closer as I explain the problems we have been having. He waited for the three, to show they were ready then he proceeded to explain. "Over the past two cycles we have been experiencing a loss of our livestock. All together five farms have been affected. One of the farmers sadly past just three brightening ago, after being attacked. He made it back to his farmhouse, and his good lady recounted the story he told her. By all accounts he was out on the outskirts of a field that boarders somwe woodland. She said that he didn't see much, but when he turned towards a noise coming from the wood he saw a big shape, but it was camouflaged, as if the woodland had come to life and was pounding towards him. Then he was hit, and something gouged across his midrif, opening him up like a fish being gutted. He managed to hit the thing, and then the farmer bearded a roar. It was the type of roar that would make the blood of some turn cold with fear. That roar or something stopped the thing from continuing the attack, but whatever it was that attacked, it was big enough to pick up a near full grown sheep and return to the wood.

Now the two of us, and the heads of the two other farms have put together a little sum of money to ask for your assistance. There will be a sum of 25 silver each, and if the problem is resolved, we have another 20 each, for what we think should be a couple of days work. If you agreeable, we will take you to the area that the problem has been happening, so that you can begin your investigations.


The farmers looked to each in turn, to see if they were all agreed.

oocIf you have any further questions you can ask them. They will be answered in my next post, but otherwise we will begin the journey to the location where things have been happening.
__________________
I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2017, 05:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Famous
 
Maximus Navire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Collecting RED Reputation
Posts: 540
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Maximus Navire is a dubious Denizen
Maximus, or rather Marcaida nodded. "That sound fair. Any idea what the creature is and about what time they would usually attack. We may also need some equipment, things commonly found in the farm, like length of ropes and maybe a few large pieces of meat as bait... A living lamb might work better."

The creatures sounded dangerous, but what animal could fight against a sorcerer apprentice. It would be like using an egg attacking a stone. He smiled confidently.
Maximus Navire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2017, 05:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Famous
 
Cherjaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 519
Cherjaine is an upstanding Citizen
Lady wondered if it was a dire wolf or a small mountain lion, but it did not matter. She had the power of flight and if anything goes awry, she could fly higher into the skies and attack with her bow and arrow.

“Agreed then.“ She announced.

Then to Darius and Maximus. “May be rid these people’s woe and guard them well!”
Cherjaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2017, 12:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Notable
 
Darius Debuire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: looking for red rep in all places
Posts: 364
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Darius Debuire is an upstanding Citizen
Darius ate his meal with grace and savoring it. He noticed the mans eyes flash red when he spoke of killing the beast. Perhaps the man was not as naive as he had first thought either that or he just gets off on killing things. Then of all things he saw a fairy another fing fairy he slid the knife he was using into a throwing position.
"Well it's official I am some kinda fairy magnet." he grumbled into his wine as he took a sip with his free had. He had half a mind to just toss the knife at it and see if he got lucky. he gave a nod to the price the men had said "Sounds fair, I assume you have a decent idea were the creature is coming from. Might be best to get it in it's lair, perhaps there is more than one of them... better safe than sorry." Darius swirled his wine around as he said this.
__________________
cir

looking for pepole to play with who are fun

Last edited by Darius Debuire; July 4, 2017 at 12:52 AM.
Darius Debuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2017, 05:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hero
 
Icefyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Aelyria Prime
Posts: 1,050
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a dubious Denizen


The farmers looked at the mostly crew they had assembled. There was a chance one or more would not make it, the farmers did not know what was behind all these 'snatchings', but they were happy the group had agreed to help.

" We can show you the way to the farms and the approximate location of the attack on our friend. Other than this you will have to find clues and discover what had happened. If you need anything we will wait at the city gates for you to join us.

oocif you need anything guys roleplay you purchased at whatever store etc. Do not go crazy though, use the unwritten law of the purchases :-). I will continue as if you have met us at the gates.

The farmers waited patiently for their three mercenaries to show up. When everyone was ready they moved off.

After about four miles of walking, and the loss of a candlemark. The farmers turned down a dust track the was supposed to represent a road. The track had heavy rifts gouged out of it from cartwheels traversing the wet clay. As they passed a certain field they approached a wooden gate that would have been big enough to fit three cows side by side, if it had been made bigger. As it was it could fit two.

The farmers opened the gate and strode into the field. They stood about 30 feet away from the edge of the field which backed up to the edge of the woods. The trees seemed endless in both directions at this boundary point.

"This is where our friend gained the injuries that cost him his life. We bid you good luck. When, and if you complete the task we will be at the farm one mile south of here.

oocLet the investigations begin
__________________
I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2017, 06:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Famous
 
Maximus Navire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Collecting RED Reputation
Posts: 540
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Maximus Navire is a dubious Denizen
'A faery?' Maximus wondered. It was a long time since he had met one of her kind. He remembered faery dipped fried in oil was quite delicious... Wait, or was that butterflies? It did not matter now. He would never deep fry a faerie himself. Eating it after it was cooked, yes. The process, he didn't enjoy it.

Marcaida agreed and before they left, he asked the farmerslet me know if they agree to purchase a slab of raw steak. Then he would head to the general store to purchase a bag of flour, some vial of oil, a lantern and some traveling jerkies. He then headed to the tavern and refill his waterskin with something strong and cheap, like moonshine. After he was prepared, he head to the gates to meet everyone.

They traveled to the place where the farmer's friend died, he bade the farmers farewell. If they didn't volunteer to stay, they were useless in battle. When it was just the three of them, Marcaida turned to his companions. "So... What's the plan? We could climb on one of those trees and wait for the darkening... or if anyone is good in tracking, find some tracks. I vote we ambush the critter... unless one of you tells me you are an expect tracker."
Maximus Navire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.


 
 
Terms of Use :: Feedback

Aelyria ™ Version 3.4.0
Copyright © 1989-2017 Play by Post LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Aelyria ® is a Registered Trademark of Play by Post LLC.
Created by Juan Gonzalez and People Like You.