Old September 30, 2016, 12:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Willow Rainsong is unknown and forgotten
[Nexus Prime]Mercenaries and Malarkey (Rhystlin, Diamea)

Willow looked around as she wandered the streets of Nexus Prime, looking for some way to give her life direction, to make her mark on the world. The spirit of adventure burned in the young woman, yet she knew not where to start. Then she remembered. She had heard a name tossed around in Arium since she arrived. Farsteel. Some company of mercenaries or adventurers or the like. Deciding it was as good a place as any to start, she decided to ask around. Willow was not without some anxiety, however. She had never fought. Sure, she could heal, sort of, but would she just hold her companions back in a fight? Well, if nothing else, maybe she could keep someone from getting hurt. And she was looking for adventure to experience the world. Finally getting up her courage, she looked to the first person she saw, and decided to ask.

"Pardon me," she began. "Would you happen to know where I could find the Farsteel mercenary group? I was hoping to join them."

**Huge thank you to my companionship angel! You are amazing!**
Willow Rainsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30, 2016, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

For Diamea it was the first time in Nexus Prime, this harbour city on the western side of Arium; she had visited other cities in the region, Vortex or Sancta Nova for example, but she never got there.

She had arrived the day before with a ship but for what she had seen, the dark haired girl didn't like it much; it wasn't a clear thing, like "I don't like it cause of this and this and this." just she felt a bit uneasy, with all these banners hanging around and people wearing colors that seemed to denote affiliation with certain groups.

Nonetheless, Diamea had came there with a purpose and she wouldn't let else discourage her: she was here to visit a dear friend and she would succeed!

She was walking though the city, heading to where her friend was supposed to be when someone stopped her and asked her pardon. Her insticts were ready to kick in but she doubted a guard would ask her pardon to take her in custody so she supressed them. She half turned and her long blue-black hair flew around her face, she still had to tie them in a ponytail as her usual, she forgot!

She smiled to the woman in front of her "Hello." she said, tying her hairs back in a ponytail "Not sure if I can help." she grimaced, trying to look sorry; she knew exactly who they were talking about but she didn't want to bring her friend Rhystlin an enemy so probing for intentions was in order.

"I heard of them, they seems to be mercs, yeah, but that tried to help and protect people too. Even if this sounds strange. Why would you..." Diamea was unable not to look at her up and down, curiously "...join them? If I can ask, of course... theirs don't seems like a girl's work..." and as she spoke, Diamea remembered she was carrying her dagger and throwing knifes, what about not a girl's work?

OOCSorry for the long post, I got inspired! I hope to not scary you, Willow xD I'm so happy to join you 2 for this thread! :D

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor!!! <3
Diamea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2016, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Citizen

oocomg I'm SOOO sorry about the delay! life decided to hate me for a bit.

To help protect people? That sounded noble enough. And combined with the adventure their lives provided, sounded like a good match to the young traveller. Willow knew she hardly looked formidable. She knew she hadn't fought before.

"You do have a point, about it not being typically a girl's work," she conceded. "And honestly, I haven't fought much. But, I want to learn. I want to be more than the sheltered, clueless little girl I grew up as. And if nothing else, I could help patch them up after a fight. I do know some healing magic." She hoped this dark-haired woman would be able to help her.

"Please, do you know where to find them?"

Old October 16, 2016, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

oocYou alive!!! Yay!!! :D

Listening to the girl, Diamea had to admit the girl was having the same toughts she had some time ago and that kept her pushing forward in learning to be a better fighter. And the girl seemed quite genuine as spoke about that all.

"A healer? That's a lovely talent." there weren't many healers around and in a mercenary company they could prove really useful if not vital. She needed just a moment of thinking before deciding the girl in front of her deserved a chance.

She nodded "I think I heard where they are located, I might be able to guide you there." Diamea smiled wide "Follow me." she would carry the girl with her to meet Rhystlin so her friend could judge and probe her more.

"Oh I'm Diamea, by the way." she said after a few steps, not sure if the girl would want a hand shake or else. In their walking, the Diamea would take the chance, if arise, for more relaxed talking with the other girl, trying to get to know her a bit more.

Secrets of Foresight

Old October 16, 2016, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Citizen

"You know where they are? Oh thank you!" Willow couldn't help the exclamation that escaped her. Finally, the chance was looking up. If only her guide knew just how much this meant to her.

"I'm Willow," she replied when Diamea introduced herself. As they walked, she hesitated a bit, but then decided to ask. "Have you travelled a lot? I never had much chance until recently. Then after..." she trailed off a bit. "Well, I realized I needed to find who I truly was. And I couldn't do that at home. I needed adventure. I needed to make my mark. It's admittedly been scary sometimes. But, I don't want to be afraid. Someday, I'll be a hero. Just like in the stories. Or, at the very least, I hope to be someone the children can look up to."

Old October 22, 2016, 02:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea couldn't but smile at that exclamation, the girl really seemed so innocent in that outbursts. It was a good thing, in her opinion, be so open and free, but a great risk too cause people could use it against you.

"Pleasure to meet you Willow." she smiled. At the girl's question, she nodded "I travelled a fair bit I think." brief images of places she had seen appeared "Sancta Nova, Demios, Port Alyxandria, Ziel Aerca... other places..." in her words there was an equal mix of sadness and happyness cause every place brought back good or bad memories.

She eyed Willow curiously at that "Then after..." but since she didn't go deeper, she decided to not peer too much for now. "I know quite well that feeling." she nodded "Looking about who you truly are it's one of the thing that made me travel too, I think."

"Travelling is scary in itself if you think about. You go out into the unknown, often armed with just a steel or even less and you don't know what you will find."

Diamea felt a bit surprised... from when she was so philosophical in her speaking?

"Well, that sounds like a really big big goal, becoming a hero to be heard in stories!" she laughed, without trace of mock at all. "But if you believe so much in that I hope you can succeed."

Secrets of Foresight

Old October 24, 2016, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Citizen

"I suppose the unknown is what draws me," Willow replied. "Yes, it has been intimidating, but it has a thrill at the same time. To see what's out there, to know the world beyond where I grew up. With a little luck, maybe I'll find out what happened to my magic back then. Someone out there has to know." She paused a moment.

"In the meantime, though, I'll settle for adventure and travel. After all, sometimes the journey is its own reward, regardless of what comes at the end. I might make some money while I'm at it, but my most immediate goal is to grow both in my abilities and as a person."

Old November 3, 2016, 12:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero

oocSorry for the wait. If you're still up for this thread I'd be happy to continue. :)

Diamea and Willow's travels took them nearer to the marketplace. While the mercenary group was located in Mileswick for the time being, Diamea likely knew where Rhystlin specifically was, especially given that the captain was expecting her friend's arrival. Eventually they stood just outside of a busy tavern, a group of two or three people shuffling through the door just as they arrived. They pushed past the two in a hurry, laughing boisterously as they staggered along.

A fourth individual loomed through the entrance and paused there, a tall, rather muscular vagaran woman with braided blonde hair and strong facial features. Her eyes flashed in recognition at Diamea, and she cast the woman a grin nearly as broad as her shoulders before settling a large hand on her head and ruffling her hair.

"Diamea!" the vagaran, Freydis, greeted. She wore no colors to indicate who she might be affiliated with, but she seemed fond of the littler woman with the blue streaks in her hair. "You travel too long. Jerik has missed you."

Knowing the severe medic who never smiled and often chastised the group for their recklessness, Diamea would probably see the words for the jest they were.

The mischevious twinkle in the vagaran's eye seemed to glint all the brighter as she looked towards Willow. "More sacrifices for the training ground?" She nudged Willow with her elbow. "They don't go easy on the littler ones. I hope you don't bruise too easy." Before Willow could respond the vagaran craned her neck around and bellowed towards the door. "Hey, Cap! Di made it just in time."

The door had opened a few moments before, and just inside a brown-haired figure was smiling and waving the barkeep farewell. She stepped out into the sunlight, a smaller half elf garbed in casual earthy tones, looking all the more of a waif in comparison to her more muscled and much taller companion. She eyed Willow and Diamea in greeting, her smile not faltering at all at the sight of them.

"It's so good to see you," she said to Diamea, pulling the woman into a hug. As she pulled away, she turned to Willow. "A friend?" She held her left hand out to shake, despite how, at her hip, a sword was settled on that same side. An attentive observer would notice from this that her left hand was certainly not her dominant one. Still, it was the one she offered.

"Rhystlin Farsteel," she greeted, eyes warm and amiable. "Nice to meet you."
Rhystlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3, 2016, 05:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Luminary

oocOf course I'm still up!!! :D

Diamea listened, rising half an eyebrow "What happened to your magic back there?" she asked, curiously "If I can ask of course." she added, not wanting to look like a meddler in private affairs.

"Yeah, I can't but agree." some of the adventures and travels she did yield just monetary rewards, but some brought something even more valuable: friendships and knowledge. So she couldn't but agree with the other girl.

In their walking, she guided them to the tavern her friend told her she would be, nearer the marketplace.

Just as she turned after avoiding that laughing people coming out of it, that individual loomed in the door and as she came close Diamea recognized a vagaran... and she didn't know many vagaran women.

She couldn't but smile seeing Freydis recognizing her and grinning so broadly. A soft moan escaped her lips as the vagaran ruffled her hairs: that gesture always made her feel younger than she was, like a child, and it messed her hairs up! But then, the vagaran woman was one of the people, they can be counted on one hand probably, that could do that without getting the dark haired girl angry.

"Hello Freydis!" she smiled up to the woman, happy to meet her again too "I know. Oh I'm sure he is missing me. He always do." she grinned back, knowing the hidden joke.

Diamea giggled as Freydis spoke to Willow and the dark haired girl tried to reassure the girl while the vagaran bellowed toward the door "Don't worry Willow, she is joyking... usually..." she giggled before poking the bigger woman "It's Dia, not Di, Frey!!!" she exclaimed, not at all angry but all playfully.

Just as she looked into the door, her friend Rhystlin appeared: that smaller elf, with that casual garments, even if smaller compared to the people around, looked in perfect control of herself.

Diamea smiled brightly, doing her best to look composed, even if a bit threw herself in the hug Rhystlin pulled her "Hello Rhys, so happy to see you again!" she said softly, hugging her friend tightly.

As they pulled away she smiled "Sorta, we met by chance, but she really wanted to meet the Farsteel mercenary group and she looked nice enough so I tought why not." she smiled reassuringly to Willow before turning back to Rhystlin "I hope I did good, Captain." and in that last word, Diamea tried to be serious, she tried but a hint of playful mock appeared: for her the half-elf was just Rhystlin or Rhys, her friend.

Diamea then fall silent, waiting for Willow's answer, looking at her reaction.

Secrets of Foresight

Old November 10, 2016, 09:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Citizen

"I used to be an adept sorceress," Willow replied quietly. "Then one day, it was gone. I couldn't control my magic anymore. I had no choice but to have my powers sealed. Eventually, I realized that I was suddenly an elementalist and thaumaturge mix. I've never been able to discover why." She continued to look around at the town as they walked, eventually arriving at a seemingly-popular tavern near the market. An intimidatingly-built vagaran woman met them, and Willow immediately hoped this was not the commander. Sacrifices? What sort of mercenaries were they? She very much hoped the woman was joking.

"Go easy or not, I won't give up." Willow hoped her answer sounded more confident than she felt, but her words were the truth. It didn't matter how many bruises she got. She was not going to be useless. Just as she thought this, she got her answer. The vagaran was not the captain. Said captain had apparently just exited the tavern. Shaking Rhystlin's hand, noticing that it was not her dominant, but not giving any further thought to it, she introduced herself.

"It's a pleasure, captain," she said. "I'm Willow. Willow Rainsong. I hope to join you."

Old December 11, 2016, 01:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero

oocHuge apologies for the wait. Life has been quite unpredictably hectic this past year!

Rhystlin patted Diamea on the shoulder. "Willing recruits are always welcome, thank you." Her words were directed to both of them, before she turned her attention to what Willow had to say. She tilted her head to the side in a quick moment of contemplation, as Freydis quirked an interested brow in the small newcomer's direction.

"Well I know better than to question the small ones," the vagaran remarked, eyes drifting pointedly towards both Diamea and Rhystlin. "But you don't exactly have the muscles of a warrior. What is it you do?"

The captain's smile softened. "A more important question would be, what makes you interested in becoming a mercenary? It isn't often a very... well-received vocation."
Rhystlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12, 2016, 08:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea listened to her silently. It must have been difficult loosing the magic you were so used to from day to night only to find you had different powers.

Diamea smiled at Rhystlin patting on her shoulder "Not a problem, Rhys! We met by chance and she is quite nice." she winks toward Willow before falling silent.

At the vagaran's words she giggles, smirking. She remains silent, letting Willow talk with Rhystlin.

Secrets of Foresight

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: