Old August 3, 2015, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Bronze
Gith Larazan is an upstanding Citizen

[Vortex] The Ghosts of Memory Lane (Private)

Timestamp: Whatever Diamea wants it to be.

oocThe MT is busy and hasn't really approved the thread yet as far as I understand it, but we'll get it started anyways. Worst case scenario, you have a failed thread or just an exposition

The streets of Vortex, darkened in the afternoon by the mountain side the city hugged to its west, were mostly deserted in this part of the city. It was a far larger city than it's 25k some odd residents could fill, due to countless invasions and massacres occurring in its streets. Given that, there was a bona fide necropolis growing around the edges of the place, where no one but stray vermin and squatters made their residence.

Occasionally a rat made itself known, scurrying across the dirt road that intersected ramshackle tenements on either side. But otherwise, no occupants showed their faces as anyone walked down the dirt road. Either the one walking them was deemed not to carry anything worth stealing, or armed well enough to give them better ideas on how to spend the day.

The sky was otherwise clear, with stars just making their dusk appearance, along with the moon. Nothing but ghosts and memories populated this lane, where the woman walking them had grown up, once upon a time.
Old August 6, 2015, 02:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

She was back in the city she never thought she would be back for anything in the world. She was back in thet place full of bad memories and with the ghost of dead people haning aroud her. Her dark cloak was covering her fully, making her just another shadow walking quickly around, her eyes darted quick blue glances around under the hood, she was tense and wary, looking around for any possible menace.

She gave a quick look above, at the sky above, the stars were coming out as the moon too, but looking up made her only feel more alone and more the presence of the ghosts, the ghosts of long time ago, of people the dark haired girl didn't want to remember.

She didn't like Vortex, she didn't like the people and how they look and move around. Her hand was on her dagger, ready to use it or move to the throwing knife not too far from it; she came with all the weapon she had, but she felt tense anyway. She came there because she had a work to do but she hoped to finish it as soon as possible and live that damned city again.

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor!!! <3
Diamea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2015, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Adventurer

Nobody bothered Diamea while she walked the street on which she'd grown up. There were people taking peeks out of windows or alleyways, but then saw her hand on a dagger and decided she wasn't worth a trip to the chirugeons for treatment. They were trying to squeak out a living, not lose gold on chirugeons. So most run of the mill muggers wouldn't bother with someone that was armed, unless they also happened to be stupid, or foolhardy, or both.

If one was spoiling for a fight in these streets, it was best to go unarmed, and appear harmless at the same time. So it appeared that an elderly jagara beggar, the fur around his muzzle whitened with age, was accosted by a gang of large brutes, who demanded alms of him, as a sort of joke. They all laughed, which was their biggest mistake, for the jagara jumped into action. Claws sharpened by years of combat experience and practice sliced the front-bully's throat, sending a gout of red liquid spattering against the brick building the jagara had been seated against.

"Smoothskins bleed so prettily. Look at the pretty fountainhead, hahaha!" The jagara continued jumping around them, slicing limbs and torsos with his mere claws. He appeared unarmed but for those well-honed natural weapons. None of them landed a blow on him, he was like a shadow among them, bending and swerving as they attempted to land hits on his body.

Within moments, the gang had piled up to a mound of claw-ground flesh and blood, which trickled into the sparse cobbles of the dirty street.

His claws were positively oozing blood, but the beggar didn't seem to care, didn't seem to be finished. He'd spotted Diamea, with her hand on her dagger, and presumed the worst. "So, another comes to challenge the great K'tesh master Vidarjog! Another smoothskin come to be humbled by turning into a pile of pig-flesh!" He didn't frown, but smiled at the prospect as he regarded Diamea, waiting for her to make the first move.
Old August 10, 2015, 01:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

Her deep blue eyes, cold as rarely they were, gazing around as knifes, probably add more to her hand on the dagger, prompting anyone from letting the dark-haired girl alone. She was happy with it all, she didn't company, she didn't feel up for a fight and she was having the impression that if it came to it, she would show no mercy for anyone crossing their weapon with her.

She hated that brutes; they just came into her view, they did what they did because they were big and in group but alone they were much more calm and silent. She hated them, but she couldn't do nothing for the jagar beggar, they were too much for her, it would be a suicide jumping in the fight, she risked to end up beaten and probably something more. But she found difficult moving out of the scene, simply walking over; maybe a few months ago, she would have done that, but after having find some love and peace meeting a few close people, she found difficult just ignoring all the situation.

But the reaction of the beggar was completely unexpected, Diamea remained silent, with wide eyes and her mounth slowly opening; he was so quick, just a shadow in the shadows, so clean, the gang hadn't the time to react, to do anything than dying. He was the bearer of a quick and silent death, and the brutes deserved it all. She couldn't but really like that way of killing; she didn't like killing, of course, but if she had to do, she preferred much more a swift and clean thing like the one she had just seen.

She widened her eyes a bit more, a small hit of fear peaked up in her eyes, but Diamea stopped herself from start running away in panic, she needed to show security. "I have no intention of ending up like those." she slowly said moving her hand a bit away from the dagger, not too much but enough to show her intention "I like much more being on the giving part of the two." she said, speaking of the quick fight between the beggar and the brutes, a small grin appearing on her face "I could even learn if I had the chance..."

Secrets of Foresight

Old August 15, 2015, 06:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Adventurer

All the while she spoke, it seemed his eyes were distant. Glassy even. Yet he nodded and acknowledged her every movement and sound, the way a practiced hunter would size up his prey. "Ahahaha, so you want to give do you? You want to tear Vidarjog to peices. Of course you do, you envy the sharp claws of the katta!"

As she wrapped up her speech, the aging jagara just laughed at her, he seemed very amused by this turn of events. "You want to learn to fight like the Katta, eh? Softclaw witch, what will you use for fighting in this way, those daggers you're so secretively hiding behind your cloak? Or just your brittle little finger nails.

"What do you even know of K'tesh? Tell me, why should Vidarjog teach you? I tell you what, you scratch me once, with daggers or otherwise, and you will be my new alpha to demand whatever training you desire. Should you fail, you become my servant!!"

So saying, he fell into a receding fighting stance, where he leaned backward with his claws positioned upward, his feet balanced on their toes and ready to spring back or forth. It seemed there was no negotiating with him, unless of course this counted for that.
Old August 16, 2015, 01:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Luminary

For a moment she asked herself if the Katta was crazy but it had been all too accurate, too calculated to be the result of insanity. And his movements were one of an experienced hunter not a insame being.

At his words, she gave a quick look to her finger nails, despite everything well kept and colored in a dark blue tone, a little angry at his words and his laughter "I can assure you my "brittle" finger nails can do more damage than you think." she replied with a grin, making him see her more secure than she really was.

"Tell me how to fight as a shadow, as you!" she aswered with a vein of anger in her voice, looking back in his eyes. His challenge was a dangerous one, Diamea knew it perfectly, but she couldn't backing out now, she didn't like the idea of being his "servant" but the idea of knowing how to fight like a shadow was stronger than anything else.

"Your servant? This is to be seen!" the dark haired grinned, she had all the intention to win that challenge. She tooks her position, widening a bit her leg, bending her knees slightly, the dagger in front of her in her right hand, ready to spring, in the other her knife; she didn't want to attack first, she wasn't underestimating the katta front of her as the brutes did and she wanted him to come to her and not viceversa. She had the throwing knife, yes, but she didn't want to kill him and she wasn't sure she could just scratch him using them.

Secrets of Foresight

Old December 28, 2015, 10:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Adventurer

Olgernon is an upstanding Citizen

oocSorry for going poof for a while. Hope you're still willing to go on with this. It's a bit on the short side, but that's how it goes with combat stuff.

Vidarjog Rose to stand on his hind claws, which protruded as she acquiesced to his challenge. The claws did not bend or arch in anyway as they gripped the ground, while his foreclaws were shone in front of him, in a lionesque stance. It was a stance that seemed to emphasize both defense and strength, both arms stood forward, one above the other. It would be a feat to get any blows past them as he lowered his leg joints to reduce the target areas she might opt for.

With that done, he grinned, but it was evidently not a friendly gesture. He genuinely looked forward to teaching this soft-claw half-breed the error of her ways.

10/20/2016 retired. Switching to my old main character Demda.
Olgernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2015, 11:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Luminary

ooc It's okay I poofed myself but then please next time warm ;) and you gave me the push to write here back! :D

Diamea looked at him getting up, her eyes were fixed on him, to catch every action and movement. She tried to repress a grimace, he knew perfectly how to fight and his stance was a clear sign of it. She knew that to get past his arms, she would end up scratched far before dagger reached him.

Slowly she made a step forward, moving a bit to the right, her dagger moved a bit in a few motions back and forth in front of her. Her free hand moved closer to her throwing knifes, trying to make the movement look like a normal movement, not one to get to her weapons.

Secrets of Foresight

Old January 9, 2016, 05:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Adventurer

Vidarjog sneered as she advanced, "Too slow!"

He blocked the feints with the dagger one handed, while the other curled into a defensive position.

Strangely, as his claws made contact with her blade, the air rang with the clashing of steel. It was as if his claws were made of iron. Indeed, if Diamea looked closer at his claws, she'd see flecks of metal embedded therein.

"Vidarjog has claws like the sharpest vyssie steel." He rumbled under his breath, reversing his stance so that his curled arm came forward to attempt clawing into the woman's outstretched arm.

Old January 10, 2016, 01:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea tried to repress a grin, she was slow on purpose. She still widened her eyes as it rang the clashing of steel, in that glance she got of his claws she saw the metal and that made her shiver, better not get hurt by them, right?

She didnt wasted her breath to answer as he grumbled and he came forward to try claw her outstretched arm, she moved her arm towars him and up, trying to catch him with her dagger before he could.

Secrets of Foresight

Old September 1, 2016, 07:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Adventurer

Dagger sparked against the metal flecks in Vidarjog's claws, as the deflection worked. But k'tesh was not only an art of striking, but of grappling and taking prey to the ground. As the dagger made contact with his claws, his fingers and claws formed a clipping action that paralyzed the movement of her weapon.

Unable to move the dagger she could let it go or try and struggle. In either event, the other claw was swiping through the air to claw at her face, while one of his feet lifted, in what would most definitely be a damaging kick.

oocSorry bout the lateness, my absences are ridiculous, I know. However, if you want to continue this thread, this reply is here for you to respond to, meager as it may be.

Old September 1, 2016, 02:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Luminary

Diame gritted her teeth as claws met still and her eyes widened as her blade was caught and blocked. She tried to pull or push her blade but that claw coming at her face distracted her, the last thing she wanted was her face marred!!! She caught a glimpse of that fleet litfting and tried to do the only thing came to her mind: fall to the ground, trying this way to unbalance him and escape his claws!

oocSorry sorry for still having to answer your pm! Okay, let's try finish it.

Secrets of Foresight

Old September 1, 2016, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Adventurer

The force of her fall and strength of her desperate grip on her weapon forced the weapon free of his blade-catching lock. The fall has the effect of unbalancing him as he commits to the claw swipe, leaning into his strike, while the claws that had grappled with the dagger retracted to regain some of his balance.

He growled his derision, lifting the standing leg to try and stomp with the other on Dia as she lowered herself beneath him.

Old September 1, 2016, 02:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea's breath left her lungs as she hit the ground but she didn't have much time to celebrate the fact her dagger was free. She rolled, trying to avoid that stomp and her legs moved around, trying to cut his leg.

Secrets of Foresight

Old September 3, 2016, 05:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Adventurer

Vidarjog perhaps was overconfident that he had her in that stomp, but Diamea's agility was more than he expected, and his clawed foot met with hard cobbles on the ground, sparking against the stone.

As she whipped around, the tip of her dagger found purchase on his leg, drawing some small drops of blood. Sensing the wound, Vidarjog raised his brows incredulously. "You... You've made me bleed."

As an old jagara, Vidarjog wasn't overwhelmed by his wounded pride, but a pragmatist. "Perhaps there's something to be gained from training you. Your talents are considerable..." So saying, the claws in his hands retracted as he extended one of them, to give Diamea a hand up.

Maybe it was a twinge of some emotion she couldn't identify, but his face twitched as he reached out to pick her up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: