Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > United Arium Directorate

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old February 17, 2015, 06:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero

[Nexus Prime] The Road to Recovery (Private, Gravity Please)

Spring Era XXII

It had taken some time for Rhystlin to finally feel as though she had found the right people to help her in this endeavor. It had taken a season of travel and several independent mercenary jobs, but the first inklings of her mercenary group were just beginning to form. These people she knew she could trust, and perhaps she was lucky enough to call them friends, which was enough to persuade her to send out the call for assistance.

There were three others, besides her. Tarin Bloodgrave, the man she had taken a contract alongside for the exploration party to Mystique; Diamea, the young girl she had met in Demios; and Martellus, the dracon friend she had already done several jobs with throughout the past season. On a whole, she felt they were a capable group, one hopefully sufficient to perform the task without much difficulty.

When they had arrived, she'd greet them individually and thank them for deciding to come. She was relieved for each one who had decided her message was worth responding to. As dull as the assignment may have seemed, it was truly the first of her company as she knew it, and its success was a small source of anxiety to her. It was a personal test as well as an job of importance to the lord baron Kitrye'veresi, and it was an important milestone in the road that was to come for her - and perhaps, for all of those here with her this brightening.

When all three individuals had arrived she said to the group, "Serale, and thank you again for your urgent responses. I have already spoken about this particular task to each of you, so you know the details by now. If you have any questions, though, I would be more than happy to answer them before we leave. I can supply you with equipment and horses, courtesy of my commander." Or perhaps our commander, soon. "Milewisk is not far, and will be a short trip, but not necessarily a safe one. We should be wary of what we may encounter. Better safe than sorry, and I'd like to see all of you safe and well by the time we're done here."

She waited for the comments, opinions, or questions any of them might have to offer before getting them set up with anything they may need for the journey.
Rhystlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2015, 10:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Tarin Bloodgrave is a benevolent Adventurer
It seemed that chance meeting in Mystique had made an impression, for now Tarin had an invite to join a company in the service of one of the great houses. This could mean better jobs and (possibly) supplies, which led to better profits. As he approached the meeting point, he saw a pair of familiar faces.

"Rhystlin, Martellus," he called out, "good to see everyone in one piece. I hope our journey is less eventful than the last job we all took together. At least we know we can survive though right?" After the fateful trip to Mystique, Tarin had come to trust the two of them far more than he did most people. Dare he say it, he even considered them friends. A fourth apparent comrade approached, one he did not know.

After a brief introduction and Rhystlin's briefing, Tarin made sure he had everything he would need, though he had already brought his own equipment.

Troubled past
Unknown future
Tarin Bloodgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2015, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

Finally she was there, after their meet each other for the first time in Demios, they had meet other times, they spoke about Rhystlin's idea of a mercenary company and then they left for different path; Diamea always thought a mercenary company could give a lot of challenges and adventures so in the end she decided to come, for the adventure and for her friend, Rhystlin seemed to really believe in it.

After hugging and speaking with Rhystlin privately, now Diamea was there with an elf and a dracon as companion, in fact she didn't know any of them but no one made the presentations so she remained silent as Rhystlin spoke.

As Rhystlin mentioned the word equipment, Diamea looked at hers: a throwing knife, really used, and a dagger in not so good condition; she didn't know what the other had but she could really appreciate some better equipment. "If it's possible... I would need a new dagger... and maybe a pair of new throwing knife?" she didn't want to be seen as greedy but if she wanted to fight at her best, she couldn't do it with bad equipment.

Then she asked a more tactical question "Any news of what we are going to face there? Or nothing changed from the last time we spoke?" she was feeling, how to say, a little in awe at being in the company of people like this elf who seemed to have lived a lot and the dracon, even if Rhystlin who seemed really close to her age was their captain and she didn't want to be seen by the others two men like a stupid girl.

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor!!! <3
Diamea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2015, 03:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Luminary

Martellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious Superhero

Of course Martellus followed when Rhystlin asked people to go with her to Mileswick. He was like a loyal dog in some respects. And this wasn't simply an opportunity to help his friend... if things went as expected this may turn out some decent accommodation, and in the long run contribute to handling financial troubles. He'd been scraping by with only a modest number of crowns and a some treasure from adventures to his name.

"Serale Rhystlin," he greeted their leader happily after landing at the meeting point. "Serale Tarin..." he looked to the Human girl next, and was a little surprised by her deep blue gaze. "And, serale to you."

Martellus didn't have any questions, or any equipment needs. He was quite sure of the situation. If it wasn't far, he doubted he'd need a horse. He wasn't sure he could even ride the average horse, truth be told. They were used to lean softskins most of them, not... big lizardmen.

They'd have some travelling through and then they'd arrive at the village that they were supposed to secure. The Human asked what adversaries they might encounter there, a fair question and one that may have found more of an answer since they'd each last met Rhystlin. "Well, travelling, I expect we stand a chance of getting the odd brigands or creatures." The journey wasn't on the level of their path to Mystique: they were in somewhat more-civilised lands; they wouldn't be crossing any place previously Xet-fogged, and were unlikely to cross any severe magic contamination. "I wouldn't worry too much, you're with a capable group."

The Human girl had weapon issues? "Diamea," he addressed her after (presumed) introductions. "I could lend you a blade for close-ranged purpose if you wish." He brushed his cloak aside and revealed the machete at his right hip, and the more conventional dagger at his waist. "Can't help with throwing knives though."

So, yeah... pretty much just getting ready currently.
Martellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2015, 04:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Not just a good idea...

Gravity is a benevolent AdventurerGravity is a benevolent Adventurer
The group was making their preparations, and addressing their equipment needs before heading out. The brightening was lightly cloudy, and a cool breeze would be felt outside. Once they were ready, they could start making their way to Mileswick.

(OOC: Welcome! Feel free to continue your conversation, distribute your equipment and plan things out, once you head out, I'll pick things up and start moderating ^^)
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2015, 09:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hero

Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero

The half elf was impressed that Tarin and Martellus already seemed fully equipped and ready to go, but then again they had been mercenaries by trade for some time now and she would have been disappointed if they had not been. Diamea's own lack of weapons was much more understandable, and at her request Rhystlin smiled.

"Of course I'll get you what you need, Diamea. I'd rather you have reliable equipment that you're comfortable with."

She turned to the others, who she realized did not know Diamea as she did. It was odd; with all her traveling recently, she wasn't sure which of her acquaintances knew which anymore. "I met Diamea in my travels to Demios during the Spring," she explained. "She's a very reliable and capable individual; I'm sure we'll all work very well together."

She turned to all three of them then. "As for what we'll face, the lord Baron said he didn't expect much resistance. As Marty said, the most I would expect is your odd brigand and wild animal - looters, and the like. Mileswick isn't far from the city here and the roads nearby are still relatively well traveled, so I can't imagine there's a lot that would be taking up residence there for long." She shrugged. "Between the four of us, I imagine we could handle most of what's there."

When everything was said and done the half elf procured a few plain steel weapons for Diamea, a dagger and set of 4 throwing knives, and horses for the three of them. Marty seemed more comfortable with flight, and like him she was a bit concerned with the horse's ability to carry his weight.

She saddled up her own horse with some of her equipment: some camping supplies just in case, rations, and a few flasks of water. Nothing valuable, although the horse itself was a welcome target for any thief.

Unless the three had any further needs or questions, she would lead them out of the gates of Nexus Prime and into the Arium Highlands beyond, making their way for the nearby town of Mileswick.

Once she was saddled up and they were on their way, she attempted to allow her companions to get more acquainted with one another. "So, what have the three of you been up to since last we met? Any goals accomplished, or any new ones to look forward to?"

At least they would have some conversation to keep them occupied until they reached their destination.

Secrets :

Skills
L1 Shortsword, L1 Shortbow, L1 Sorcery, L1 Woodworking

Lore
Tracking, Basic wildlife survival, Horseback riding

Equipment
• 1 steel short sword
• 1 sword breaker dagger
• 1 plain short bow + quiver (about 20 arrows)
• 1 steel dagger on lower boot
• small utility/carving knife
• armor: leather armor with her right arm and leg reinforced with plain steel. Bracer on the left arm. Backs of gloves are reinforced with plain steel as well.

Items in a small pack:
Rations, water, Basic camping equipment

Last edited by Rhystlin; February 26, 2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old February 27, 2015, 02:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

"Serale to you too..." said Diamea replying to the dracon greetings; the dracon again offered her his dagger but she found himself forced to decline his offer: that weapon was for him, not for her, she didn't feel well using a weapon created for someone like a dracon, that differed from her for size and especially strength "Thank you for you offer but I don't want to deprive you of one of your weapons..." she apologized with a smile.

As Rhystlin spoke so highly of her, Diamea couldnt but blush a bit pleased but remained silent. For her luck, Rhystlin managed to find what Diamea needed and the black haired thanked her friend for finding them and for speking so highly of her too.

Then they departed, Diamea was looking forward for this adventure, her companion seemed people accustomed to fighting and she trusted Rhystlin; the elf asked what they did in the past months and Diamea looked at their companion, she was curious of what they did...

Secrets of Foresight

Old March 2, 2015, 03:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Luminary

Martellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious Superhero

The weather certainly seemed to be kind to them for this trip. Sort of an exemplary spring brightening, really.

Their mutual gypsy friend had actually mentioned Diamea to him when he'd visited the studio on Demios. He'd mentioned the mercenary plans, and Hay'aan had said that Diamea was a good person and she was glad that people like her would be joining Rhystlin. Hay'aan certainly seemed to command good judgement, and Marty already decided that the Human girl seemed nice.

"Okay," he agreed on the matter of blades. He would've thought that his dagger would be small enough to wield, but he supposed it would be better if she had her own weapon, taking Rhys' offer.

"This is the east," he observed when Rhystlin spoke more on the road's dangers, "so civilisation is mostly less sparse around here." On the plains-level of the mainland, the inherent danger in traveling seemed to be positively proportional to how far west one went; or at least that is how it had seemed in his recent and not-so-recent journeys west. No doubt this disparity had to be due in part to the Xet fog's destruction, ruining many western settlements.

He was fine with flying while the others rode. Of course, before he took off he took the chance to jape. "Are you saying I'm too fat for a horse, Rhys?" he whined with mock distress. Once they left Nexus' city gates, Marty unfurled his leathery wings and ascended with practiced ease, gliding above the group lazily. The calm weather could be conducive to a leisurely pace.

Rhystlin seemed to be making conversation down there as they moved. He really wished he was in a better position to be join the conversation, now. He lowered a little in the air, realising that his altitude might make things difficult. "Um... yes!" he called down, not quite able to explain further without landing and walking alongside them. He regained the height he'd given and decided to just listen, if he could.

Secrets :
Skills
  • Level 2/Veteran Bladed Weapons (Longsword)
  • Level 2/Journeyman Necromancy
Equipment
  • Longsword, small alchemical corrosive aspect (sheathe at left hip)
  • War machete (sheathe at right hip)
  • Plain dagger (sheathe at left of waist)
  • Kite shield (stow at mid-back)
  • Medium plate-armour
Other items
  • Some rations and water
  • Serewood crystal
  • Map of Aelyria

Last edited by Martellus; March 2, 2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old March 4, 2015, 09:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Adventurer

Mounting his horse, Tarin rode next to Rhystlin as they talked. He was glad to see her again, he had to admit.

"You know how it is," he replied with a genuine smile. "You get a bigger job, then have to rely on the odd opportunity in between. Maybe that will change now that your dream is taking off. As for goals, just working towards becoming an archsorcerer and master swordsman. Though I have been thinking about getting better on a horse, learning to shoot while mounted. You seem quite comfortable with riding. Do you think you could teach me sometime?"

Tarin paused in thought for a moment. Finally, he decided to just say what was on his mind.

"You know," he continued, quieter than before, "I am honored that you have been so accepting since we met. Not all are so willing to reserve judgement. I am glad to call you a friend, and I truly look forward to working together and growing in our skills side by side, especially with our similar talents."

He had no idea why he was so drawn to her, but if he was honest with himself, he hoped to develop their friendship, maybe someday into something more, but who knew. For now, he was glad to work alongside his fellow elf again.

Troubled past
Unknown future
Old March 7, 2015, 06:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Not just a good idea...

The group rode on towards Mileswick, the farming village that had been razed right at the beginning of the Xet invasion. The sun graced them with a pleasant Spring warmth, a breeze passing by with just enough intensity to cool them off, in combination with the Sun's rays resulting in a very mild temperature.

Their leasurely pace would mean that they'd take at least a couple of candlemarks before their destination came in the horizon, but then again, there was no reason to hurry. It wasn't like Mileswick was going anywhere, after all. A beaten track, wide enough to denounce heavier traffic in the brightenings when Mileswick was still intact, made the ride easier. All in all, they were set for a very pleasant journey.
Old March 7, 2015, 03:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hero

Rhys chuckled up at Marty, realizing her words might not have traveled very well. She then listened as Tarin spoke, nodding in understanding of his situation. She had experienced the same thing during her own journey over the course of the last two seasons, and she knew how difficult it was to get by on inconsistent coin. She was glad that her vision for her mercenary company was also a source of hope for folks like Tarin, who wanted a more reliable source of income when doing what they knew how to do.

She smiled at Tarin's goals. She actually hadn't thought much on how similar their skill sets were, but it was nice to know someone she might be able to turn to for advice and assistance when she needed it. It would make it easy to find someone to practice with when it came to sorcery, as well.

"I suppose I could, although I don't have much experience with mounted combat. I mostly learned how to ride when I worked as a stablehand in Nexus."

She was quiet, then, as Tarin spoke his mind. She was grateful that he was happy with being a part of what they were doing today.

"We're both half elves, yeah?" she said lightheartedly. "And my commander's a vysstichi. How can I judge?" She laughed.

The candlemarks of travel went on without issue beyond their conversation, and as she saw Mileswick on the horizon, the half elf turned her attention once more to her companions.

"Let's do a tentative sweep to begin with, but don't move out of sight of one another. Make sure you stay in a shout's distance, and if you see anything, say something right away."

With that she allowed the group to go in their separate directions, seeking any signs of habitation or danger in the area.
Old March 8, 2015, 05:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Luminary

A flash of jealousy crossed the Dracon's mind as he listened to Tarin talking to Rhystlin. He knew exactly what Tarin was saying. Mister Shoulder-Touching Tarin... pff, what did Tarin have that Marty didn't? Aside from the... social confidence, the not beastly appearance, the same talents in common with Rhys, the not being poisonous... the... the... huh? Nuh uh :< Marty wasn't insecure at all! Nope.

The Dracon realised he was letting his jealousy cloud his reasoning; he had honestly grown to like Tarin in their journey to Mystique. But, this matter... it was close to heart. He could not let it go.

He took some satisfaction in hearing Rhystlin respond to the half-Vyssie in such a casually lighthearted manner. She sounded awfully modest. While some people may have been unkind to the dark races, that just made the people who were nice that much more precious of a treasure, and all the sweeter to rejoice in their presence; in fact the same went to Diamea, for welcoming the idea of working alongside the Dracon and half-Vysstichi. Perhaps Rhystlin's company would become a place of acceptance for others too. Yes, Marty could get the general tone of Tarin's words. He also got the undertone...

The weather was ever-pleasant though; how could he continue to feel gloomy on such a beautiful day? 'You are what you love, not who loves you'... ill feeling was ineffectual and lacking purpose really, no point comparing himself to Tarin.

Let's split up and look for clues, gang... "I hear you!" He called down. "Okay... I'll take a look from above; but I'll stay near you guys!" Flyover time, he would become their eye in the sky; but as promised he would stay fairly near to the others, within shouting-distance. And perhaps the Call would reveal nearby Dracons, though it seemed unlikely.

Last edited by Martellus; March 8, 2015 at 06:30 AM.
Old March 9, 2015, 11:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Adventurer

"You have a point there," Tarin chuckled. "I suppose you wouldn't be working for him if you had a problem with our kind. I guess I'm just so used to being on guard around lighter races. Not you of course, but in general."

As they talked, Tarin remained unaware of the dracon's jealousy. He had always had more trouble reading the scaly races compared to others anyway. Nothing against them, they just seemed harder to read. Finally, he noticed they were approaching their destination, and Rhys gave her instructions.

"Got it," Tarin replied with a nod. He then headed off to start examining the area, but still close enough that he could provide (or call for) backup if needed.

Troubled past
Unknown future
Old March 13, 2015, 03:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Luminary

At Diamea's girl eyes seemed, hearing him speaking, that Sir Tarin was quite attracted by her friend Rhystlin; she smiled, Rhystlin was a nice and interesting girl in a lot of ways. As the other spoke, she looked around, it seemed quite a beautiful day and country around there.

Finally they reached their destination and was time to do something. Rhystlin advised to remain in shooting distance "Ok, let's start..." smiled Diamea, her hand ready on the dagger; she moved away from the others, looking around, trying to remain in shooting distance from the others.

Secrets of Foresight

Old March 16, 2015, 10:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Not just a good idea...

As they made their light banter, the group made their way to Mileswick, and upon arriving, they'd see it was pretty much as expected: completely and utterly razed. The farming village was now nothing but ruins and ash, overgrowth starting to take the land back to Nature.

They split up and scouted the land cautiously, staying in shooting distance from each other.

Martellus' Call would reveal no Dracons.

Coming near the village, they would see nothing more than ruins and overgrowth, as weeds started breaking through the ground and invading the razed homes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: