Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Sherian > Taralon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6, 2009, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Steel
Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

The Hunt for Red... Beard. [Invitation only]

TS: Junctior 46 of Era XV post fractum after darkening.

The time had come. The time was now. Eyvind Redbeard was a traitor to the nation. In essence he had stolen a province of Aleryia. He was dragging the nation down the path of civil war and potential ruin. Once Dante had confirmed his Master's opinion on the matter he had started making arrangements to track Eyvind down and bring him to justice. He had recruited several allies in this endeavor and hoped that they would all successfully unite in the city of Taralon to begin their hunt.

So Dante found himself in Taralon. He had snuck into the city under the guise of a sailor named Richard Trumikle. He had sent Kala on ahead to arrange a room for them in the Inn. Dante headed into the city with Meeko close behind him. He headed through the clean city and marveled at the ingenuity of the gnomes. There were boxes that distributed good, golems made of clock works, and children riding around on boards with wheels on them. He was amazed by what he saw, there was even a box being suspended in the air by circular globes. "What kind of Arcana is this?"

Once he reached the Fireside Inn and Tavern that he and Kala were supposed to meet at he and Meeko headed inside looking for her. Both dracons were in other seemings, having heard the reputation of Taralon.

Last edited by Dante Asunder; March 6, 2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old March 8, 2009, 03:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch is a famous HeroCarnasch is a famous Hero
Late the 42nd of Junticor

Carnasch found himself before the Fireside Inn and Tavern, having finally made it there after travelling pathetically slow across the whole of Telath random groups of people or on his own, but he had arrived in the city with a mid sized caravan of goods and merchants and had slipped past the guards while they were distracted.

Once inside he made his way through the city to this Inn where he and Dante and a handful of others had predetermined to meet for the duration of thier adventure. Carnasch thought it foolish to gather all in the same place, but in the end he had been over ruled.

So, the vagaran entered the establishment and took up residence in one of the rooms, where he waited to be contacted by one of the others. He knew that Dante would be there soon if he wasnt already.

"I am a man in body and a beast in mind. I cannot coexist with either court of man or animal."
Carnasch is sometimes accompanied by his horse Gus, which will be specifically stated at the beginning of each thread.

Last edited by Carnasch; March 19, 2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old March 18, 2009, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Merchant of Mayhem

Wealth Tier: Adamantite
Straylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious Superhero

Continued from here ...

The Lord of the House Leonardes had exchanged correspondences with Dante during the first cycles of Junctior. They were curt and impossible to miss. The Lion of Carmelyn was on the prowl now, aiming to bring honor to his House by completing what the Crown could not. The final message from Straylor was delivered to Dante curiously while he was traveling to Sheria. It was almost as if his lord and master had eyes wherever he went. And for all intents and purposes, it was closer to the truth than the dracon or his allies knew. The message was a single line. It read:

Quote:
Go on with your plans. I will find you, do not look for me.
It might have been a strange set of instructions for some, but if anyone knew the magical abilities Straylor possessed it was Dante. The extent of those abilities was yet to be seen. And Dante's master came much prepared for this mission. Perched from a nearby rooftop in his Hawk Form, Straylor watched the various patrons of Fireside Inn, the milling crowds, and other riff-raff. The city was in a quiet upheaval, confused and unsure about their futures.

Emitting a low gawk, Straylor swooped down from the rooftops and decended into a nearby alley adjacent to the inn & tavern. With the ease and expertise of a master magician, Straylor transitioned into a strange Form for a Lion: a tavern mouse. There was plenty of mice in Trysvale, and Stray had his share of hunting the foul creatures. Mimicking the form of the pest, Stray altered his form with a conjured mouse form and divined the connections between his mind and his new body.

Then, he skittered lengthways toward the rafters of the inn, hoping to sniff and feel his way through the ceiling to get a better view of the tavern's bar room below. His sensitive hearing and fantastic nightvision gave him in edge. But his small size gave him some room to be wary. Fortunately, Straylor's Shield of Arcana granted him perpetual connection with the Astral Plane. This allowed him to sense magic regardless of his form -- and even cast it using his imbuements.

It was good to be a mouse.
Old March 22, 2009, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch's multiple brightening wait ended finally on the 46th, just as Dante had planned. Carnasch had arrived early he knew, but he had travelled as slowly as possible, and the other should have been hot in his trail, so he felt little indifference at arriving ahead of sceduele.

Admittadly, he had spent most of the time in his rooms, but he didnt really care for the common rooms anyway. In fact, he only knew that anyone had arrived was because Kala, one of Dante's other employees, arrived and was signing to the host a few feet away. She was mute, unfortunatly, but she could still hear fine so getting a room from the Inn Keeper wasnt terribly hard for her.

Carnasch didnt make himself known right away, but instead sat there until Dante arrived, unless she noticed him, in which case he would acknowledge her discretely and go on doing whatever it was he was doing at the time. Probably eating.

When Dante arrived, Carnasch made sure that Dante knew he was there by standing to his full heighth, head and shoulders above anyone else standing in the room, slowly and casually made his way up the stairs to the rooms above. If Dante wanted to speak with him, then he could follow in a casual manner and meet Carnasch in the hall.

"I am a man in body and a beast in mind. I cannot coexist with either court of man or animal."
Carnasch is sometimes accompanied by his horse Gus, which will be specifically stated at the beginning of each thread.
Old March 23, 2009, 04:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

As Dante entered the Inn he saw Kala signing in the ledger for their room. He came over to her and gave her a peck on the cheek. She smiled at the sign of affection and giggled a little bit. They had both grown accustomed to each other in their new seemings, and Dante and she had agreed to pose as lovers to help abate suspicion about them being seen together. Meeko immediately went to Kala's side and stayed there while Dante went into his act.

No one could miss the behemoth known as Carnasch so Dante looked at him like he was the largest being he had ever seen. Then with a mocking look and a sarcastic tone of voice, "Hey big guy, how's the weather up there?" Dante prepared himself in case Carnasch wanted to start fighting with him to abate any suspicions of them being affiliated.

He laughed at the giant and ordered himself a drink from the bar keep, "Brightenings at sea mean several shots of rum for me. You have some Terramarique brand sir?"

By the time the first shot of rum had arrived, Kala turned and looked at her 'lover'. She sighed with an annoyed look on her face, then strode over to him and leaned in close then signed something right in front of his face. He blinked with a grin at her, "What ever you say my dear." He quickly downed the first shot and grinned at the barkeep as he took her hand and let her lead him upstairs with Meeko close on his heels. Once upstairs they looked for Carnasch as they went to their room.

Old March 23, 2009, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

It took her a bit, but Niven finally found the Fireside Inn. She held Jirael's hand as the two walked from the hovel as a protective gesture. She didn't want the boy to get lost and it was good for their cover.

Niven entered the common room and caught a glimpse of Kala in pink and couldn't help but notice Carnasch. Carefully ignoring them, Niven led Jirael to a seating area. She sat down and pretended to lecture him on curtisey in a hotel while Kala finished up. A man went back and forth between Kala and Carnasch and when he left with Kala, Niven assumed he was Dante in another seeming.

A few minutes after the three had left, Niven stood and bid Jirael to follow her. "I have a friend staying here, and we're just going to visit," Niven informed the Inn keeper as she walked by, following where the others had gone down the hallway.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Old March 23, 2009, 07:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Adventurer

Jirael'eri tel'noss Luschae is an upstanding Citizen
Following Niven into the Fireside Inn, his eyes darted around taking everything in. Being in new places always caught his childlike curiosity and here was no exception. While in general it seemed to be quite familiar in style to the last inn he had visited, the details were what really set it apart. It were this simple changes that altered the type of atmosphere and style of crowd that gathered.

Once they were further inside, he noticed that Niven had noticed someone causing her to move to another area in the common room. He wasn’t worried about the sighting thought, seeing as Niven didn’t seem to show any great concern for it. Attentively he listened to her ‘lecture’ as she waited for them to leave. While his eyes wandered around when she wasn’t talking to him, he seemed to be a rather well behaved child.

Nodding when Niven bid him to follow, they walked over to the Inn keeper, giving him a stair of curiosity as they moved by.
Old March 23, 2009, 08:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Adventurer

Idoc Ross is a benevolent Adventurer
Idoc and Rupert had been looking for the Fireside Inn, he and Rupert was looking for his employer Dante Asunder he had been told to meet him there this darkening.

As Idoc and Rupert arrived outside of the Fireside Inn, he glanced down at Rupert and in a hearty tone and spoke, "Looks like we're here fella." he said motioning Rupert to follow him into the Inn.

As Idoc and his dog Rupert stepped into the Inn, Idoc looked around for a brief moment until he saw Dante and a few other faces he had never seen before.

Idoc approached Dante although he would normally grin and shake his hand this time he knew this was a serious matter instead Idoc took himself a seat facing Dante, "I apologize for being a little late had a hard time finding zis place." he simply said to Dante thereafter remaining quiet and open to any further instructions he figured the other people we're here to aid in the hunt to find the rebel Eyvind but Idoc wasn't for sure instead he remained silent after his first statement and waited for Dante's instructions.
Old March 23, 2009, 11:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante hoped that his team members would recognize him in his human seeming. He hadn't worn it much around them... even Jirael who had been previously staying with him had never seen it. He was the same height as his dracon form, but that was where the similarity ended. He was a handsome 220 pound muscular human, with a bronze complexion, indicative of being a sailor out in the sun, and dark black hair. His eyes were green, but other than that he didn't stand out in any way. even his clothes were pretty common place.

Dante then gave Niven a wink, as if making a promise of favors to come, in spite of her being there with a child.

Dante nodded to Idoc as the man spoke to him. "No rush ship mate. I know I promised you a drink, but the lady..." he indicated Kala with a wicked grin "...is demanding my time." Dante used his pickpocketing skills to slip a small piece of paper into Idoc's coat pocket. It read
Quote:
"I~

Keep up the ruse. Trust no one unless I say.

~D

Last edited by Dante Asunder; March 25, 2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old March 24, 2009, 02:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Adventurer

Idoc Ross is a benevolent Adventurer
Idoc glanced at the note and then folded his arms, he carefully looked around the room and remained silent unsure what to expect.

Last edited by Idoc Ross; March 28, 2009 at 04:18 AM.
Old March 28, 2009, 04:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Eternal

Once upstairs and they found their room Dante sent the call to Kala, "After a bit I'm going to go downstairs with Idoc and we will go gather some intel. If Niven and Jirael come up here or you find Carnasch let them know what I am doing, tell Jirael to start his own investigation and have Niven show you her home here."

He then turned to Meeko, "You stay here young lady until it gets really late understand? Taralong doesn't like dracons at all hence my current form. I am terrified at what they might do to a lovely young thing like yourself. Promise me you'll stay here until no one else is about outside, so I won't worry alright?" Dante gave the young spider a heartfelt look showing his real concern for her. He had considered not bringing her along, but no where was really friendly to giant spiders and he seemed to be the only one who so far treated her like a real person.

After a quarter candlemark Dante headed back downstairs still in his human seeming. He waved to Idoc, "Serale shipmate... the lady is satisfied and now you and I can go find some rum. Shall we head? I don't like to carouse where the lady might see me if you get my meaning?" He gave Idoc a sly wink and started to head out the door.

After Dante left Kala went and found Carnasch. She knocked on his door and waited for the big man to answer.

Old March 29, 2009, 02:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch answered the door with a slightly grumpy look, even for his normal countanence, but it lifted a bit when it was Kala at the door. He gently, for him at any rate, but quickly pulled her inside and shut the door, bolting it after.

"What news from Dante?" He asked. His room was a bit of a mess, especially since no one had been in to clean it in the half a cycle since he had moved in. The bed was rumpled, and there was a small brown ball of fur on the bed, which seemed to be snoring softly.

The floor was a mess, with the furniture pushed up against the walls for extra space, and a few spare blankets crumpled up near the the bed and a few plates and food scraps, bones mostly, lying in a heap in one corner. There was at least, no pile of refuse in the room, so it didnt smell as terrible as it could.

Old March 29, 2009, 02:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

As she moved down the hall she saw Dante leave a room and as he passed her in the hall, she nodded politely. To anyone else, it would look as if they were strangers, but to Dante it would be visable in her eyes that she knew who he was in this different form. Shortly after Dante had passed, Kala left as well, knocking on another door. The door opened for her and she was quickly whisked inside and she heard the sound of a blot being locked. Warning bells went off in Niven's head. Was Kala meeting someone else here? Perhaps one of Redbeards men to warn him? She didn't want to think less of Kala as Dante trusted her so, but Niven had learned that not everyone was who they seemed. She put her hand on Jirael's shoulder. "Keep close, but stay quiet," Niven ordered him.

Creeping up to the door, Niven pressed her pointy ear against it. Recognising Carnasch's gruff voice, she relaxed and motioned to Jirael that all was ok. She then rapped on the door herself, and waited for the door to be opened for them.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Old March 30, 2009, 12:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
Eternal

Kala's eyes widened as she was yanked inside the room with the large Vagran. She visibly calmed and nodded to Carnasch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnasch
"What news from Dante?"
She wasn't sure if he would understand, but she started signing to him. They had spent some time together, thanks to Dante, so she hoped Carnasch would catch on. (He is going to try to get some information on our mark. I believe he has met up with another contact of his.)

Kala paused for a moment, then turned to the door. She turned back to Carnasch, (Niven is here.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Dante passed Niven in the hall he caught her smile and returned it with a wink, showing he had definitely seen her. He sent a call to Kala after grounding his excess psychic energy, "Niven and Jirael are in the hall."

He then headed downstairs to find Idoc and go look for their target.

Last edited by Dante Asunder; March 30, 2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old March 30, 2009, 01:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch caught enough of what she meant to get the basics, although definatly understood the word "Niven", and since she was looking at the door he understood that to mean she was at the door.

In responce to which, he stepped to the door again, unbolted and openned it to find Niven and Jirael there too. He peeked his head out to see if anyone was looking, and if it was clear then pulled them in as well. He grinned a bit wider at Niven and Jirael, and then said, "You saw Dante then? Good. Did he speak with you at all?"

In all the noise the ball of fur on the bed had woken up and a small head had popped up from the rest of it, peering blearily at them. The head looked as a bear, but it was obviously a very small bear, probably about Juno's size, only rounder and more burly in appearance. It let out a little cub squak and tumbled from the bed to stand on all fours.