Old June 17, 2008, 12:48 AM   #91 (permalink)
Citizen

Islie is an upstanding Citizen

10th of Immanis
Winter of Era XV PF

Coming straight from the Bank of Taralon after getting a loan, Islie had arrived to the Aedile Office. She was anxious and excited at the same time, awaiting to finally gain ownership of her own fireworks store. With a heavy black pouch in her satchel that contained a large sum of crowns, she approached the aedile at the counter.

"Serale! I am looking to purchase a business premise in the East Merchant District. Is there anything available along the lines of a small storefront with one main space and a storage room?" Compared to Islie's nervous demeanor at the bank when she went to get a loan, she was rather chipper now that she was to inquire a storefront. "Also, I will need a hireling permit for my sister to work at the store."

"There's an old saying about those who forget Aelyrian history... I don't remember it, but it's good."
Aelyrian Mechanists' Guild - Social Group; Wiki; Worldforge
//Gun-Wielding First Draft\\
//Gunsmithing Second Draft\\
Avatar & profile pics used w/ permission by Kousoku
\\CIR//

Last edited by Islie; June 17, 2008 at 01:45 AM.
Old June 17, 2008, 01:20 PM   #92 (permalink)
Former Staff

Xavim is an upstanding Citizen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islie View Post
10th of Immanis
Winter of Era XV PF

Coming straight from the Bank of Taralon after getting a loan, Islie had arrived to the Aedile Office. She was anxious and excited at the same time, awaiting to finally gain ownership of her own fireworks store. With a heavy black pouch in her satchel that contained a large sum of crowns, she approached the aedile at the counter.

"Serale! I am looking to purchase a business premise in the East Merchant District. Is there anything available along the lines of a small storefront with one main space and a storage room?" Compared to Islie's nervous demeanor at the bank when she went to get a loan, she was rather chipper now that she was to inquire a storefront. "Also, I will need a hireling permit for my sister to work at the store."
The old clerk smiled at her kindly as she flipped open a book that was titled East Merchant, after looking though a few pages she smiled at the young pup. "Yes we do, we have a few you see. We have one that is rather bad the building is that is as the war took its toll on it but just small fire damage and a few broken windows it is going for 5,500, we have one that is rather new is going for around 6,000 crowns even, and another one that did very good for the past 3 eras and the owner passed away and it is for 6,500. Hireling permits are 50 crowns per era."
Old June 17, 2008, 01:57 PM   #93 (permalink)
Citizen

Islie is an upstanding Citizen

Islie scratched her ears as she opened the small black pouch that contained all the money she had. She didn't want to cheap out on purchasing a shop, but she also had to watch her crowns carefully if she didn't want to end up in jail for not paying her loan back in 4 months time.

It was at that very moment however that Islie received a sudden realization. She did not have a large enough repertoire in the field of fireworks to open a fully complete workshoppe, and she didn't want to risk going out of business and becoming a deadbeat with an eight grand crown debt. It was just like Islie to act upon a dream without first adequately planning things out.

"On second thought... lemme think about it and I'll come back later."

"There's an old saying about those who forget Aelyrian history... I don't remember it, but it's good."
Aelyrian Mechanists' Guild - Social Group; Wiki; Worldforge
//Gun-Wielding First Draft\\
//Gunsmithing Second Draft\\
Avatar & profile pics used w/ permission by Kousoku
\\CIR//

Last edited by Islie; June 19, 2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old July 14, 2008, 09:50 PM   #94 (permalink)
Urban Redneck

Steve is a glorious SuperheroSteve is a glorious SuperheroSteve is a glorious SuperheroSteve is a glorious Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyvind Redbeard View Post
"I think I could meet here right here and right now if you wouldn't mind. I have part of the Brightening free of my duties and I'd like to take care of this as soon as possible so I can move in my new house with my beloved daughter. I hope this person you have in mind has the needed curriculum to deal with a growing child."

Rainn wasn't just a growing child. She was much more, she would be great in future and Eyvind would do everything he could so that this greatness was achieved with the least suffering possible.
The Aedile nodded in agreement and said, "I'll send someone after the person I think would be right for the position. Do have a seat and make yourself comfortable while you are waiting. The Aedile left the room and returned before long.

With the Aedile was a female Dwarf. She kept her distance because she did not particularly like looking up at people, and with Eyvind there could be a very long way up to look. After appraising his appearance and garb, she seemed to find Eyvind acceptable, nodded her approval and said, "My name is Fiona, my profession is as a Governess, Housekeeper and Cook. I have been doing this for 175 eras with nary a complaint. I provide care, teaching of good manners, cyphering and scribing. My requirements are to have my own room, food provided and a stipend of 35 crowns each cycle. Additionally I need a liter of Dwarven Ale at the end of each brightening for medicinal purposes. Further, on the brightening of my birthdate, I expect a gift commensurate with my value to you. Now if you find all that acceptable, tell me about yourself so I can decide whether or not I want to work for you. No need to tell me about the child, all children are wonderful gifts from the Godess herself."

Paxia - where both loquaciousness and succinctness are acceptable

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. (an ancient Yeti Proverb)
Old August 11, 2008, 07:09 PM   #95 (permalink)
Notable

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Eraisuithon Gil'dae is a benevolent Adventurer
Pulling out.. Please disregard this post and if possible delete.

Last edited by Eraisuithon Gil'dae; August 13, 2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old March 23, 2009, 02:19 PM   #96 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Early brigtening, 45th Junctior, Autumn, Era XV

Niven pulled the wagon up in front of the Aedile's office, her 'ward' Jirael sat beside her. She'd had an easy enough time getting through the gates, though she'd never felt more nervous entering a city. She'd acted as natural as she could and she didn't really tell any lies, but she was never more happy to get though gates than she was here. Jumping down from the wagon, Juno barked, not wanting to be left behind. "Stay," Niven commanded him. Pulling her bag off the wagon, the elf turned her attention to Jirael. "Stay here and watch the wagon. I'll be back in a minute." She smiled and gave the boy a wink before she walked to the horse. Giving the mare a carrot for being so good, Niven approached the main doors and walked in.

Following the hallway, Niven came upon the room with the two desks, the dorian behind one and the man behind the other. Neither of them would have heard her silent steps. Niven cleared her throat to get their attention. "Excuse me, I need to purchase a house. To whom to I speak?" Niven asked politely.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Old March 29, 2009, 04:08 PM   #97 (permalink)
Saint of Sacrum

Trinity is a glorious SuperheroTrinity is a glorious SuperheroTrinity is a glorious SuperheroTrinity is a glorious SuperheroTrinity is a glorious SuperheroTrinity is a glorious SuperheroTrinity is a glorious SuperheroTrinity is a glorious Superhero

Looking up from his desk, the Aedile gave Niven a toothy grin, his ears twitching as he listened to the barking of the dog outside. Shuffling some papers on his desk, the dorin cleared his throat and said, "You can speak to me, Madam. Serale and good brightening! We have a variety of housing available in Taralon, depending on what size you would like."

Ruffling the papers again, he pulled up a list of prices and composed himself to explain the various costs and locations. Holding the paper out to Niven, he let her read over it if she so wished.
"Here is a listing of general prices we have in various locations of our city. The Maze is a very beautiful, secluded area of Taralon that often has many dead ends. There are trees and pathways that turn off in a myriad of directions. The harbor district is located more towards the sea, as we are both the Capital of Sherian Province and also a big port city dock for imports and exports. We receive all of Vers' imports and exports as well, so our ships are always very busy. Many of our citizens also call this area The Warf, which you may have heard it referred to previously. Obviously, the merchant district is our main area of commerce, and those houses are more like lofts above a shopkeeper's place of business. You would have access to external stairs that would bring you down to ground level as to not disturb the business you are living above. It is very convenient for shopping purposes, and not too loud at darkening since most businesses close before many people fall asleep."

Quote:
The Maze

* Three roomed cottage, tiled roof, with small garden – 4000 crowns
* Three roomed cottage, thatched roof, with small garden – 3500 crowns.
* Fae housing in the southern woods – three rooms --- 1200 crowns
* Halfling cottages in Halfling’s Grove – three rooms --- 2100 crowns

NB: to increase room number, add 1000 crowns for each additional regular sized room, 400 for a fairy-sized room, and 700 for a halfling-sized room.

Harbour District

* One room apartment – 1000 crowns
* Two room apartment – 2000 crowns
* Seaman’s cottage, two rooms – 2000 crowns
* Seaman’s cottage, three rooms – 3000 crowns

Merchant District

* One room apartment above a shop – 1000 crowns
* Two room apartment above a shop – 2000 crowns

Lower district

* Five room townhouse, made from Sherian stone – 8000 crowns

NB: Increase by 1500 crowns for each additional room and 2000 crowns for a private garden
"Take a second to look that price chart over and tell me what you think. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have!" The Aedile added, continuing with his toothy grin.
Old April 8, 2009, 05:32 PM   #98 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Smiling at the Dorin, Niven took the list from him and looked it over and frowned. Her budget wasn't going to go very far. She smiled at the Aedile as she placed the paper back on his desk.

"I only have a budget of 1000 crowns, so I guess I'm looking at an apartment for my ward and I. And I suppose the Harbour distrct is as good a place as any..." Niven trailed off. "Unless, of course, you have another idea."

CIR | SoF

Old July 6, 2009, 09:31 PM   #99 (permalink)
Former Staff

Spiky Bushes is a benevolent Adventurer
The Aedile restored the price chart to its rightful place after Niven had had a chance to see it and offered yet another smile. Hrr’lna understood though that this poor woman and her ward needed a place to be still there wasn't much she could do aside of giving advice.

"Perhaps reconsidering and purchasing a one room apartment in the Merchant District would be a better idea. The harbor can be rather noise during the Darkening with all the sailors drinking and feasting in the taverns and pubs, not to mention the ships always arriving. The Merchant District on the contrary is only busy during the Brightening while during the Darkening the most you'll listen to is the soft sound of calm conversations from the neighbours or, at times, a celebration with playful music.

If I know something of Taralon and children is that they shouldn't go near the Harbor District."

The Dorin female offered a canine smile to the Elfess.
Old July 6, 2009, 11:02 PM   #100 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

oocThanx!

Listening closely, Niven nodded her head in thoughtful understanding. As much as she thought it might be well and good to be close to the harbor and Dante's ship, for appearances sake, among other reasons, she should purchase in the Merchant District. 'It would also be a more central haven, one that would cause less suspicion, especially with all the people all the time,' Niven thought to herself.

Giving the Dorian a warm smile, Niven gave a firm nod. "Then I suppose the Merchant District it is!" She said. "How soon can I take possession? We've had a long journey and are eager to settle in."

CIR | SoF

Old July 7, 2009, 01:19 PM   #101 (permalink)
Former Staff

The Dorin nodded thoughtfully to the Elfess. She understood too well the desire to rest, this wasn't the first person that came to her in search of a place to live and to live quick. Unforling a map of Taralon over the desk and turned to Niven, Hrr’lna waved over the northwestern area. "This is the Merchant District. Currently we have available houses here, here and here." She pointed to three different zones of the Merchant District, one near the Central Plaza, one by the Sherital Way which was the main avenue of Taralon that went from the western gate to the eastern wall and dividing the Merchant District from the Slums and then, after crossing the main bridge over the Black River, separated Darkblade Fortress from the Lower District in a small section and the final one was in the northern side of the Merchant District near the northern gate.

"Either is readily available and will only require you to sign one of these forms, make the payment and travel there." The Aedile placed three forms over the map, each with a different address corresponding to each of the houses.
Old July 7, 2009, 03:24 PM   #102 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Watching as the Dorian pointed to the three locations on the map, Niven smiled to herself as she saw one of the three possible locations was close to Darkblade Fortress. She pretended to look the three locations carefully as if she was having difficulty deciding. Her pink lips were pursed and her brow furrowed. Tucking her blond hair behind a pointy ear Niven leaned over the map and spread the contracts. At last she pointed to the Sherital Way contract. "I think this one would be best," the elfess said.

Picking up a pen from the Adeile's desk, Niven signed her name on the deed with a flourish. She then counted out the 1000 Crowns and placed them on the desk. "Is this all?" she asked the Dorian sweetly.

CIR | SoF

Old July 7, 2009, 03:41 PM   #103 (permalink)
Former Staff

The Dorin shook his head to Niven as she took the gold Crowns into a safety vault under her desk and carefully closed it. "No, it's not all." The Dorin said calmly and letting the silent since in and then continued. "I will send for someone to take a bed to the house so the child can sleep properly. I hope it can help you starting out in Taralon." She smiled poorly and then stood up to offer Niven a hand "It was a pleasure to make business with you, take care of your ward and if you ever need anything don't hesitate in looking for me. My name is Hrr’lna Wolfcastle and I'm known in Taralon due to my position of Assistant of the Aedile. Serale."

OOC: Niven has now a one room house with a bed in the Merchant District side of the Sherital Way. It is a second story over a small store that sells shoes, boots and sandals. Edit your CIR accordingly and feel free to create a location for the house with the title [Sherital Way] (insert thread title). Future RP with the shoe-maker is encouraged

OOC2: Thread closed, new thread here.