Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Special Events > Song of the Ancients

Notices

Old November 16, 2006, 02:48 PM   #1
Ragman
Former Staff

Ragman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious Superhero
Drum Look! A Grasshopper! [Group XIV]

When attention spans last approximately two heartbeats.

From a land birthed from undulating mountain ranges, precarious valley drops and cliffs, dromant and active volcanoes alike, one wouldn't really think that it was a place habitable by the sane, or those with enough sense to fear for their own lives and safety.

And yet it was.

In the South-Western tip of Trelore, West of the Prayers Peak was the tiny nation of Selin, ancestral homeland of the diminutive Gnomes. Fumes can be seen at a distance, be it the pungent sulfurous smoke from the geysers and volcanoes, or the thinner, but nevertheless equally menacingly looking from the little steel buildings that clusters together in small clumps here and there.

Strange-looking metallic objects like airships lay broken on the canyons, some resembling birds of prey with their wings, others look as if it can't even balance on ground, much less fly. Every one in awhile, when one strays close to one of those factory-looking buildings, one may feel the sudden tremor in the ground as something mechanical come to life (of course it could also be the tremors from the volcanoes), followed by a bout of excited chatter before a hissing sound would ensue, followed by a strange metallic popping suggesting a malfunction somewhere.

Already the tiny nation were in an uproar, after the shattering of the third sun where they saw the meteors crash into the Eternal Crossing, and many brave (and foolish) souls had volunteered to retrieve them from the bottom of the ocean for studying purposes, and some of them, through secret engineering, had managed to retrieve the pieces, which had been sealed and transported to the Selin National Laboratory and Inc for in depth studies. The study is believed to be able to allow the Gnomes to better understand the functions of the sun, its orbit cycle, the corona, as well as the proper tapping into a form of harvestable energy called the 'Sun Energy', which has the full potential to power much of the mechanical inventions the Gnomes adore.

As it was, the Alchemist, with his young lover were one of those rare few who managed to make it so far South pass the Storm Barrier, and the rumbling of the ground was the true source that woke them up. As Robyn stirred awake, Odyleon was aware of his immediate surroundings, a bare and seemingly barren landscape, completely covered in a dark brown red soul, with steam and fumes rising from almost everywhere. The summer sun was almost blistering upon the wasteland, and the sudden transition from Winter to scorching heat was... to say the least... uncomfortable.

Outlandish steel buildings were erected all over, and the clinking sounds of medieval gears against each other squeaked and grunted. In front of them, a few short little brown creatures were jumping about, prancing excitedly, though at the distance, it was hard to understand what they were yammering about.

For the Medonian Human and Saurid, the two were roused by the excited chatter, squeaky, high pitched and shrilled. Not the best thing to hear when you're struggling to wake up with a splitting headache in your skull. Both of them were on their backs, surrounded by furry little creatures with a ridiculously large nose, and beady black eyes that bore utter, utter thrill.

"Sell me ya teknology! How did ya doo dat!"

"No sell it to me!"

"That is so friggin awesome like!"

"Sell me it!"

"No! Me!"

"No! ME!"

"Me!"

"ME!"

"ME ME ME ME ME!"
Old November 16, 2006, 03:07 PM   #2
Pescado Branch

Saurid Shaman

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Pescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious Superhero
As the blue light had engulfed him, and darkness took over his sight, he was suddenly wisked away to a far away distant land. It was not something that he had been prepared for, seeing as he was in the middle of heading back to his office after a bit of jogging to do some paperwork. Then the voices came. He thought it was all in his head, until he opened his eyes. The heatwaves taking him by surprise as he had previously been in a fairly cold environment. The voices were coming from two little brown furry creatures. He had only seen one like them before, and that was the gnomish inventor that had helped him on his quest to get his tail back.

Slowly placing his clawed hands on the ground, the headache hit him even harder, as he looked around, and saw just one other person near him. A young medonian man. Slowly lifting himself up, he let his eyes scan his surroundings, and looked to see what all he could see. It was almost a desolate area, with the exception of the large metallic structures that rose up and out of the ground. Looking down towards the two brown furred creatures, he grunted in ignorance, and then turned around, not even watching where his metallic tail was aimed at. With any luck, he'd have silenced them while ignoring their request for the "teknology" that brought him there.

And whatever technology it was, he did not know, or even understand. Letting his eyes drift around to see all that there was to see, he would take it in, and then pick up his staff which had been transported there with him. He'd then use it to help hold his body up as the splitting headache had not yet ceased to cause pain to him. The warm air was definitely a change, and in some respects a good one, since he was a cold blooded creature. It was almost soothing. Finally, he would turn his eyes back upon the gnomes he had so ignorantly tried to hit with his metallic tail, and look to see if they were alright, so that he could question them about where he was at...
"Remember Us"
Avatar thanks to it's respective artist.
Old November 17, 2006, 04:03 PM   #3
Odyleon
Champion

Odyleon is a benevolent AdventurerOdyleon is a benevolent Adventurer
"Uh?"

Midnight eyes half-opened slowly to something that, quite assuredly, wasn't where he'd fallen asleep. Still in a daze, the young scholar pulled himself up and watched, his mind and his eyes telling him different things, which wouldn't have been such a bad thing after breakfast, but was an utter tragedy before said meal. As the reddish blur that was his vision focused into a landscape of volcanoes and clockwork and little creatures, he wished he had some candy or chocolate handy to provide his body with the sugars he needed to function properly. "Riiiight..."

Soon, hypotheses began to form in the unmapped territory that was his mind. 'Maybe I'm still dreaming, but then this landscape would probably look normal to me. Reality check.' He stretched his arm out and counted on his fingers without a problem, then turned his head left and right quickly and counted on them once more. Reality check, pass. 'Maybe I'm dead and this is Aeternia.' Then he realized that Robyn lay by his side, and the discovery confirmed that this couldn't be Aeternia as Robyn couldn't be possibly refused by Aetheria, and Aetheria couldn't look like this.

So, it appeared that no matter what this place was, three facts held without a doubt.

First, Robyn and he had traveled together, and winter hadn't touched this place. Incidentally, the good news ended here.

Second, the environment seemed rather wild and hostile, its inhabitants obnoxious, and the heat scorching.

Third, Odyleon Q. Meiers would have to plow through this ordeal in his pajamas and slippers, all pieces of clothing marked with an infinity sign which replaced the man's initials. And his staff Kairos, which rested close by for some whim of fate, as though it had wanted to follow Ody, being pretty much a part of him.

Seeing Robyn begin to stir from her sleep, the ex-Senator was faced with the challenge of explaining to her something that he himself was clueless about. "Um, Robyn, love, please don't panic but..." he managed from his sitting position "this doesn't look like Sheria." Unless Sheria had undergone global thermonuclear war overnight, that is. He reached out to Kairos and used the shaft to support himself as he rose. "And I feel naked without my gloves."

The Mage stood gloriously in his light-colored PJ's, Staff of Arcana in his hand, and gazed over the landscape, his prorities being Robyn's safety, information gathering, and breakfast, in that order. "I don't know where we are, but it looks like we'll have to ask the natives."
Old November 17, 2006, 04:24 PM   #4
Robyn Meiers
Legend

Robyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous Hero
She was on a boat, sleeping in the cabin which was gently rocking her to sleep. She could feel the blankets wrapped around them and hear the song of the mermaids that danced in the waters next to them.

She knew there were mermaids because this was a glass bottomed boat and Robyn and Odyleon were the only ones on it. So it was a good job that that boat was magical and driven by small pink bundles of fluff. She didn't think that the fluff-balls counted as people on the boat -all they ever did was float around and make cute meeping noises.

Of course that was quite normal and perfectly alright as Robyn curled up into Odyleon's arms until he started to turn charteuce. Which was not his normal colour at all. It was quite off putting and it caused her to wonder how she could *see* what colour he was since she was asleep.

And it was then that she realised, of course, that she was waking up out of a particularly strange dream. She could not really remember the mermaids, although she had a vague inkling of having been on a glass-bottomed boat where Odyleon had turned colours.

So it came to pass that Robyn Caliban slowly and carefully opened one green eye. She was wearing a pair of black shorts and a black strappy vest-top. Nothing else. She looked up at Odyleon and as he said "Robyn love, please dont panic" she opened both her eyes. She sat up and looked around, taking in the scenery and the goblin-thingies that were bouncing around in the not-too-distant distance.

"Alright then" she said, getting up and looking around "Wots goin' on 'ere then? We.... well, I 'ate to state the obvious, Odyleon my love but..."

She turned to him, all big eyes and spoke quietly, her hand slipping into his as she realised that without his gloves he was, indeed, rather naked. She wished that she wore slippers as the heat of the ground burnt against her feet.

"We aren't in Sheria any more" she said, quietly.

Wake me up ..wake me up inside.. I can't wake up, ..wake me up inside.. save me ..call my name and save me from the dark
Wake me up.. bid my blood to run... I can't wake up ..before I come undone.. save me ..save me from the nothing I've become..
Old November 18, 2006, 02:00 PM   #5
Jass
Citizen

Jass is an upstanding Citizen
Jass had just come from Grandma’s House, none of the other children spent any time with her anymore, or with him for that matter… He was angry, as he was most of the time these last few cycles, and so, he went where he knew no one would bother him: The stream. But before he could even remove his shoes and dip his feet in the cool water, he was collected by the comet like orbs of magic and whisked across the empire and great Sea of Diana. But he did not see any of this, and what a shame, as he had never before left the confines of the Dolwoods or the vicinity of Castle Whitedove.

Waking he realized of course that he must be dreaming. Jass did not often day dream, as when one lived in the vicinity of Castle White Dove, there was no need. But it was an interesting day dream, far better then some of the adventures one might have back at home… And nothing like the forests of his home. He ignored the jumping creatures for a few moments, still dazed and not quite sure what they were saying.

As he sat up Jass took note of the geography around him, so long as he was here it wouldn’t due to not know what was about him, after all, he prided himself on knowing every animal trail and hollowed out tree in the vicinity of his small village. The mountains, hills, valleys and cliffs around him were all important landmarks and he worked on engraving them in his memory, he would very much enjoy imagining this place often if he could only recall where everything was.

It was curious, the smell of this place, and the fumes and smoke in the distance, and the structures in the distance, like nothing he had ever seen before. It was at that moment that he noticed the Saurid beside him. He had never met one before, but was fairly sure that what he was looking at was what his school books identified. As his attention returned to the immediate, the jumping and shouting creatures surrounding him. He also started to feel the effects of the intense heat as well as realize why his head seemed so clouded. He had a headache like none ever experienced before.

Grumpy, though still thrilled to be experiencing such a vivid day dream, Jass looked at one of the creatures and gave some thought to their incessant yammering. “What technology is it that you want? All I have are my buttons…” He said as he withdrew one of his prized buttons from his pocket.
Old November 22, 2006, 05:49 AM   #6
Ragman
Former Staff

Ragman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious SuperheroRagman is a glorious Superhero
Drum

"Oh my ROCK! He doesn't know about the teknoloogy!" One Gnome beside the Medonian child sighed exasperatedly, throwing his arms in the air, muttering something akin to a curse, he scuttled off toward the Saurid, his little grubby fingers holding on to his metallic tail, as he glanced wistfully at the Saurid, a look of utter admiration and amazement in his eyes, he seemed a sycophant that would say anything to please someone before eliciting something from them.

"Look, a Cyboorg-Lisard! Can I buy ya tail from ye? Name ye price!"

The rest of them seemed to stop bothering the Saurid as they spotted Odyleon and Robyn, stirring awake, the male Alcehmist glorious in his PJs that fluttered idily in the dry air, with the red haired girl near him. Another soft rumble came from the ground, faint detectable, but definitely there. The rising smell of sulfur invaded the nostrils of everyone in the vicinity, something which did not seem to perturb the inhabitants that bounced and hopped around like little Halflings that had an overdose of caffeine.

Bouncing toward the two Human lovers, the Brownies circled the couple, not giving them any chance to ask questions, but instead began their incessant chatter that had plagued the Medonian child and Saurid (who still had the little Gnome seemingly growing more and more attached to his metallic tail).

"You there! Do ye know about the tecknology? I'll trade you the knoowledge with a Snaggletooth!" The one who shouted this was a short Gnome, just coming up to Odyleon's knees, with a fall of slicked hair on his balding head, leaving a cleanly bald head shining under the light.

"Don't listen to him, he's a nasty bugger! I'll give you five Frogglelickers for that!" The one who rose to the challenge was the tallest Gnome, standing just over two feet, much to the amazement of the others around him, who seemed to have stopped hording the Alchemist for a moment, instead turning to their counterpart.

"Noot aye Frogglelicker!" One moaned sadly, the others simply looked shocked.

"Not oonli one, but five." The Gnome continued proudly, as he stared upward at Odyleon.

"Crackalackin!" Another one exclaimed, his gaze stuck on Robyn, more accurately, on her hair. Red locks that shimmered around her beautiful face glittered like melting rubies drawn into thin airy strands, then set to dry in the air. One by one, they lost interest on the Alchemist, instead switching their gaze onto the young girl. A momentarily silence ensued as they took in her look.

"Look at her hair." One of them mouthed through his breath, as if he had never seen such a beautiful thing in his entire life.

Another round of bargaining, mindless chatter and general nonsense surged once more, this time arguing over Robyn's hair."

"Sell your hare to me! Sell it!"

"Sell it to me!" I'll give you five Frogglelickers!" The same Gnome that had made that offer to Odyleon was now offering it to Robyn Caliban instead.

"Noot aye Frogglelicker!" The same Gnome exclaimed, obviously shocked to his core. It was as if his comrade had just said the most cruel thing, like a mother's milk was poison to the new born.

"Not oonli one, but five." The Gnome continued proudly, arms akimbo.

And it went on, and on and on.

And on.

Last edited by Ragman; November 24, 2006 at 12:43 AM.
Old November 23, 2006, 09:33 AM   #7
Odyleon
Champion

Now, the newest predicament was probably one that a citizen of Taralon could deal with better than the average person. Several Gadgeteering workshops existed throughout and outside the city which employed mainly Gnomes as their workforce, and one soon grew accustomed to their antics to a degree. Ody's previous dealings with their kind had not been of the most favorable type - unless one counted as being pursued by a full squadron of Alyssan Elites as favorable.

However, annoying Gnomes were one thing. Annoying Gnomes before breakfast, another thing entirely. Had he been Hazudar, he could have solved both problems in a simple and effective way. But since he liked sugars better than proteins, that couldn't be the way to go. "Technology? Snaggletooth? Frogglelicker?" he murmured slowly, words bouncing across the insides of his mind as he spotted other two bignobs standing not too far from their position. A child and a Saurid with what appeared to be a metallic implant. Both looking like they'd already had breakfast. "Well, we don't really know what kind of technology brought..." he began, but then noticed that the little creatures weren't paying any attention to what he was saying!

Which wouldn't have been such a serious thing - if not for the fact that they were now trying to swindle Robyn out of her hair. Dusky eyes narrowed slightly, these creatures knew nothing of how incredibly overprotective the ex-Senator could become when it came to Robyn. "Her hair is not for sale..." he stated once, too softly for the hyperactive Gnomes to care about. "Her hair is not for sale..." again, this brought no results whatsoever. "Fine, third time's the charm."

Alchemy wasn't, in fact, his best asset. Oh no, he'd always been unable to mix any two reagents without highly exoenergetic reactions taking place when he least expected it, so Ody had only absorbed the basic theory of it, and had turned it into his personal philosophy. For the rest, his interest in the Truth behind all things had gotten him involved in the art that traditionally claimed mastery over Lies - Mysticism; turning the sphere upside down and setting it to the service of Truth. Now however, he felt the need for a little truth in masquerade.

He tapped Kairos on the sulphuric ground once, the Staff exactly as tall as he was. Silvery in color but with a slight bluish tinge, it featured an orb as the top part, also connected to the shaft via seven curved extensions which were actually redundant but fulfilled some symbolic meaning. The bottom ended with a thick disk, larger in breadth than the shaft, with the carving of a stylized snake coiled on itself to form the Lemniscate, or infinity sign. Taking advantage of the permanent state of Clara that the Staff gave him even before breakfast, he Reshaped the simple Illusion that he needed, and inhaled deeply.

When he breathed out, a cloud of fire would follow, thrown harmlessly in the air, like a circus performer but... a little bigger.

"Her hair is not for sale." Having their attention now - most likely - he would clear his throat, adding a tiny spiral of smoke rising from the corner of his mouth as an artist's touch. Regardless of success, he would try and get the Gnomes to listen to him. "Gentlemen, we don't know why or how we ended up here, but I never haggle on an empty stomach. Given that we are, on average, 7 times taller than you, I'm expecting each of us," meaning Robyn whose hand he was holding, as well as the human child and the Saurid, just in case the latter two also required food "to need 343 rations of your food per meal. I understand you might find this taxing on your resources, but maybe if we talk this through after a nice cubotri we'll come to an explanation."

"What is this place, by the way?"
Old November 26, 2006, 12:38 PM   #8
Pescado Branch

Saurid Shaman

Pescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious Superhero
The saurid growled and hissed about as they began asking about buying his tail from him. He would NOT sell his tail for any amount of whatever they could give him. It was not even an option in his mind. He turned his snakelike head towards the gnome, and then began to swing his tail trying to dislodge the little creature from it. It was not likely however that he would succeed, seeing as these creatures were extremely persistant in wanting to buy everything off of them. As he waved the metal tail around, he turned his snakelike head to look back at the little creature attached to his tail.

Sighing, he then asked, "Where am I? And why do you little creaturesssss wissssh to purchassssse everything... What isssss thisssss placssssse, and how did I get here?" The questions were more directed towards the gnome latched onto his tail, but then he looked up and saw Odyleon breathing fire. What a good trick for a Mystic to do, he thought, and then began to make his way through the crowd of gnomes over to him. As he did, he let his eyes glance down towards the medonian child. Looking at him, he said, "I'm guesssssing that your not sssssuppossssed to be here either... What'ssss your name? I'm Pessssscado Branch, Governor of Enamoria..." He then awaited the child to say something, other than selling his buttons to the gnomes...
"Remember Us"
Old November 30, 2006, 04:10 PM   #9
Robyn Meiers
Legend

Robyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous HeroRobyn Meiers is a famous Hero
"It's allright love" Robyn said, quietly. Odyleon was getting agitated and she held on to his hand and gently stroked the back of his hand with her thumb.

"My hair is not for sale" she said, and then Odyleon breathed fire. Breathed fire?! When did he learn to do... ohhh.. magic. She shook her head at him "Show off" she whispered and then spoke once more to the folks in front of her.

"Now, we need to know *where* we are... *who* you are and... well, where we are again, really. What's around us and stuff.. please? Will you.. will you help us?" she looked down at the child with them and then smiled as the Saurid (was that what the big lizard-people-looking-things were called, she wondered) came over.

"Heya" she said to the child and Lizard-Boy (the name he now had in her head) "I'm Robyn. This is Odyleon. We was sleeping" she motioned to her shorts and strappy top to prove this fact. "We're from Taralon. Where are you two from?" she asked, hoping to engage conversation and also to discover anything that might be useful.

Wake me up ..wake me up inside.. I can't wake up, ..wake me up inside.. save me ..call my name and save me from the dark
Wake me up.. bid my blood to run... I can't wake up ..before I come undone.. save me ..save me from the nothing I've become..
Old December 5, 2006, 02:48 AM   #10
Ragman
Former Staff

Drum

While the group of Gnomes haggle over Robyn's red hair, Odyleon began his work, a simple spell, which could be accomplished quite easily, with or without breakfast indeed.

"W-H-O-A. WHOA!" One of them mouthed, then whistled.

One by one the Gnomes switched their attention from the young female back to the ex-Senator, a few tugging on his robes mutely, mouth open and sweeping the floor, a look of not knowing exactly what to say at that moment, but that was just bloody amazing and absolutely fantabulous and top dollar. A few of them had their jaws literally sweeping the floor as the Saurid ambled along toward the two, with a rather persistent Gnome still attached to his tail.

"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!" The tall Gnome muttered.

"Wow, how did ya dooo tat?" The Gnomes were strangely quiet, and a)awe-struck, b)spell-bound, c)mystified, d)all of the above. Odyleon perhaps had managed to garner the attention, and subtlety saved Robyn's hair, but the Gnomes were no interested in him than before. They were in actuality, more amazed by the fire-breathing than the fact that Odyleon could speak, and his words were lost on them as they jabbered among themselves, not really paying attention to the man, nor the woman, nor the Saurid or the boy.

All save the one on the Saurid's tail that was still clinging on tenaciously, and showed no hint of letting go.

"Yoo're in Selin of the Gnomish Nations, home of the Big Rock and Giant Ships." He mumbled, a little proudly, stroking the metallic tail as he would to a lover.

"And if yoo is hungry. I have dis." He hopped off the tail, keeping one hand on the metallic appendage as he dug into one of his pouches and dug out a little thing that resembled... a sun dried lizard, offering it to the Mystic.

"Dis good, keeps you strong and fit. Dis Kadaro."

Glancing upward at Pescado, he slinked back to the Saurid's tail, giggling, then looking at Pescado, then giggling more, its laughter shrill and somewhat annoying.

"Kadaro look like meeni you!" He blurted out, giggling some more.
Old December 9, 2006, 12:19 PM   #11
Pescado Branch

Saurid Shaman

Pescado watched as the little gnome began to explain where they were. It seemed that the saurid had grown a perminent attachment to his tail. O well, if it would make the gnome happy to stay there. Looking down, he listened to him explain the food. Kadaro, he thought, it does look like me. He felt his stomach lurch as he gazed at it. He was quite famished, so he decided to try the food the little gnome was handing to him. As he reached down, he gently took the food from the gnome's hand, and stood up, letting his eyes set down upon it. It did have quite a resemblance to him.

As he took a bite of it, he then looked back towards the little gnome, as he chewed on it, and took it in himself. "What isssss thisssss big rock and giant ssssshipsssss that you ssssspeak of?" he asked simply, not understanding exactly what the little gnome was talking about. At least he had him talking now, and letting him gather some form of information about where they were. He certainly would never allow the gnome to have his tail, but if he wanted to become a permanent attachment to it, the saurid didn't mind... as long as the little creature kept answering his questions...
"Remember Us"
Old December 20, 2006, 05:01 AM   #12
Odyleon
Champion

OOC: Apologies for the delay in posting! Robyn will be back in early January due to computer problems.

IC: While the travellers had made some progress, not all of it happened to be in the direction the young ex-Senator had predicted or hoped. So he had saved Robyn's hair, but at what cost? The situation had not improved much, and the mecha-Saurid called Pescado was having trouble of his own with the little creatures. "I'm Odyleon Q. Meiers, former Senator of the Sherian," he said, keeping one eye on the assembled bunch of Gnomes as the staff-wielding Mage in his PJ's answered the question, ready to do Bad Things to them if they as much as eyed Robyn's hair again.

"It looks like we have been somehow teleported outside the Empire," he pondered aloud, "now the question is, how do we go back home?" He was still pondering, and pondering, when one of the creatures offered him a... thing that he seemed to regard as being edible.

Then Ody blinked. And then he blinked again. Were these midgets trying to insult his intelligence or something? Worst of all, the Saurid actually ate the lizard-thing that bore an uncanny resemblance to Pescado himself. Did that make the Governor of Enamoria a cannibal? "Cookies. Pie of any kind or flavor. Cake. Chocolate. Waffle. Jam-filled croissants. Anything with sugar in it." There was growing frustration creeping in his voice, what kind of civilized country would not know of these things? None, of course! Hence, to Ody's chagrin, they must have ended up in Telath's cesspool, barbari among the barbari. Beasts, uncouth beasts. You could judge most things about a culture by its food.

"Thanks but... no, thanks, Kadaro not good for me," he forced a polite response to the offering, finding no other comfort in the situation than holding Robyn's hand. Would they starve in such a place, or be forced to sacrifice their humanity by partaking of Kadaro? "Yes, please do tell us of the ships, and the rock also." The Rock... was that the same Rock that was said to have originated the Gnomish race? A giant ship, however, interested him as a possible means of escaping this sugar-forsaken country with Robyn and their new companions.
Old January 6, 2007, 01:51 PM   #13
Robyn Meiers
Legend

Robyn put a gentle hand on Odyleon's arm. "Teleported outside the Empire? How? I can't leave work!". Good old Robyn. Always with her priorities slightly weirdly placed.

But she quickly calmed down as Odyleon started to sound vaguely on the verge of panic at the lack of sucrose."It's... umm.. no thank you. Tryin' to get thin, dontcha know?" she looked down at the apparently dead lizard and then looked at the Saurid, expecting to see him offended or at the very least upset. But as he happily munched on what was probably, Robyn considered, at the very best case scenario, his second cousin, she felt bile rise in her throat.

She coughed gently, covering her mouth as she felt herself turn rather green, and she moved her eyes away from the scene that she had looked at with morbid fascination as the Saurid ate a cooked lizard.

"The Rock? I've 'eard of that. Is this Rock some kind of religious thingie-ma-bob?" she asked, and slipped her small hand into Odyleons, determined not to let go.

Old January 22, 2007, 01:02 PM   #14
Ragman
Former Staff

Drum

The Gnome seemed pleased that Pescado seemed to enjoy his offer of food, his hands never leaving his tail. He didn't really pay any attention to the two Humans, though he kept his little beady eyes upon the Saurid, which he had grown quite fond of. The Kadaro didn't really taste that bad though it was rather hard to chew and swallow, and tasted faintly like... not surprisingly, chicken.

Once in awhile, he glanced at the ex-Senator from the corners of his eyes, as if he really wasn't too interested in the two Human, when he rambled on about the different types of food, he merely gawked at him as if he was retarded, his nose scrounged up as if he was both disgusted and annoyed with him. When he spoke to the Saurid, he did so softly, so that neither Odyleon nor his lover would hear the words, and he threw them scathing looks as if he held them in distrust.

"The Rock, the womb fram which alla Gnomes come fram! And da ships are s'ppose ta be like a bird, but it never doos take oof."

The other Gnomes' squabbles seemed to have died down in the meantime, and a few of them crowded around the Humans as if morbidly interested in what they were saying.

"You no like Kadaro? I haf oothers." One said, as he unceremonically began to dig out an assorted array of dried frogs, dried insects and even hauled out a rather died looking rat that had been de-furred. Needless to say, none of them seemed particularly appetizing.

"Da Sheeps are da pride of Selin. Every year we paarade thom aroond ya see. Dey s'ppose to fly but now it doesnae annimore. Doesnae stop da rest fram coomin up wif oothers thou. Da Rock-"

Another Gnome quickly reached over to cover the mouth of the speaking Gnome, or rather, stuff an entire fist in his mouth in the process, which saw a small fight breaking out once more.

"Shhh! No telling dis Selin's secret!"

The four companions didn't have much time to brood over it however as a large explosion rocked the skies in the far East, followed by a resounding yell which sounded like a curse. A mushroom shaped cloud bellowed from over the horizon, dark columns of black smoke rising. All four could sense the shockwave tearing through the air, resonating from the epicenter of the impact.

"Tere gooes anoother failed attempt. Musta be Jigs!" One of the Gnomes chimed, as the others giggled.

The Companions were back to the square one.
Old February 26, 2007, 05:40 PM   #15
Pescado Branch

Saurid Shaman

Pescado listened to the gnome's strange speech as he continued to talk about what it was and where it was that they were. Annoyed as he might have been, and did get when the gnome as cut off, he reached down towards the other gnome, and grasped for his body. If he could, he'd grab a nice bunch of fur, and lift him off of the gnome that was happily mating with his tail. If the saurid managed this, he'd hold the little creature up to his face, and almost bellow at him over the roar of the explosion. "Don't you dare think about cutting him off while he'sssss talking to me, do it again, and i'll do to you what i did to that kadaro!!!" he hissed loudly, and then almost threw the gnome back to the ground. He would have no problem eating a gnome or two, considering he was a saurid, was not in a very good mood, and was extremely annoyed. All of which made him a volatile mess.

He then turned his snakelike head back towards the other gnome, whom hopefully didn't run off in fear, but continued to cling to his tail, and asked, "What were you jussssst ssssaying about the rock?" He then waited to hear the rest of what he had to say, and also hoped that the explosion that had just rocked the place wouldn't cause much of a commotion. Already it seemed that they were not having any troubles dealing with it, and thought it was a common everyday thing for a huge explosion to happen, due to this Jigs...
"Remember Us"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: