Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > District of Maeve

Old April 17, 2016, 08:37 PM   #1
Rhystlin
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero
[Daltina] The Dead Were Here Before (Private)

Summer Era XXIII

The mercenary had approached the necropolis alone. Although her small group of soldiers often traveled alongside her and had come to Daltina as well, they had seemed particularly disinclined to approach this portion of the city. Odd, as they had not previously been wont to mind superstition, but it was what it was, she supposed.

For her... the local hesitation to step near this place had a particularly interesting effect - one she was not so quick to experience in kind. It would seem that graverobbers were far less inclined to pillage the mausoleums, leaving old unused tombs rotting away with the belongings of once-wealthy individuals within. At least, that was what she had been told.... She felt it was more likely that when the corpses had been burned, the belongings of the dead had also been cleared, perhaps given to the provincial government or next of kin.

Still, it didn't hurt to find out for herself. It wasn't in her nature to rob graves, but these were empty and unused graves, rotting away with time as whatever settled within did just the same. If there were items gathering dust that would be of use to her or to her building efforts in Mileswick, she would not let shyness prevent her from taking what was there.

Or so she thought. So why did this feel... strange?

The unkempt earth seemed to crunch loudly beneath her boots as she stepped past the open, abandoned graves. It was silent here, disturbingly so, and her passage did little to diminish that. She made no effort to approach the mausoleums or to reach for anything in particular. For now she was simply taking stock of her surroundings, making note of what was where.
Rhystlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2016, 06:36 PM   #2
Jade Alanon
Mythic

Jade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious Superhero
Ever since Jade’s adventure into the realms of the Gods with Shei and his group, Jade had a particular disdain for those that worshipped the God of death. Her hatred for Jalat ran deep, she was aware that while she may or may not have come into contact directly with Jalat, as things had been rather hectic during that tumble, she knew he was to blame for Nymira’s disappearance. He had cursed Jade in a way that was worse than anything else she had ever come across. He had cursed her to remain alone with the knowledge that she had a hand in Nymira being taken away.

She thought of it often and though Jade did not shed tears about, it still ached. The fact that she had others in her life helped to dull the pain but it was there and there was nothing she liked more than hunting down Jalat worshippers and sending them to the god they loved so much.

It was Jade’s only reason for coming to this den of death and bones, the necropolis of Daltina was said to be avoided by any locals in the area which made it the perfect stomping ground for the shadier types of people. Thieves and graverobbers as well as worshippers of a death god, as such worship was considered taboo and even illegal in most places. Rumours circulated of a cult occupying the vicinity and while it had been told to Jade by some drunkard in one of the taverns she frequented, she decided to check it out and see. Even if there were no cultists, Jade could always seek out some seeds that were drenched in entropy, always needed more seeds for her spellbreaking.

While Jade held little to no fear of the undead nor held any sort of superstitions, the same could not be said for her companion. The large fire drake made it clear to his rider that he did not wish to enter the necropolis and while Jade was sure she could have eventually convinced the great beast, she didn’t feel that it was absolutely necessary and thus allowed him to remain outside the city.

With her quarterstaff in hand as well as her usual array of weaponry, Jade ventured into the necropolis. She was on the alert for any noise that may constitute someone that was of the mortal coil. There was always the chance that she would run into a necromancer and she had to be ready.

The white-haired assassin moved as quietly as she was able to manage, taking in the sights with very little interest. The crunch of a boot over the ground was heard and Jade’s eyes narrowed as she moved towards the sound. It wouldn’t take her long to catch sight of the lone woman and a brow perked, she looked familiar though Jade was unable to place from where. Instead she would mentally prepare herself before she presented herself to the other woman. “This isn’t a place that often attracts the attention of lone people. Are you a graverobber or simply a girl who lost her way?”
Jade Alanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2016, 08:42 AM   #3
Vaishen Vadei
Champion

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Vaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious SuperheroVaishen Vadei is a glorious Superhero
Moderator passes for now. Feel free to continue interacting, and I'll jump in when appropriate.
Vaishen Vadei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2016, 12:52 PM   #4
Rhystlin
Hero

Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero
oocSorry for the slow response. Gradually feeling better, but it also comes and goes in bouts! I really appreciate your patience. :)

A voice was not expected in this dead and silent place.

The crunching of the mercenary's boots came to a halt, and her head turned in the direction of the one who had addressed her. She gave a half grin, half cringe at the word "graverobber", having been so successful thus far in avoiding the very term. Still, there it was ringing spitefully against the open air, an accusation laid bare as a truth she was admittedly not proud of.

"Are you implying that you must be one or the other as well?" A sidestep of the original question, but a sincere inquiry all the same.

She attempted a more thorough look at the woman in question, peering curiously at a face that was strangely and elusively familiar. Odd that Rhys could not place her identity, given the bold paleness of her hair against what was obviously not Esh'lahier skin. Surely there were not many in the world who shared a likeness with this woman.

"I'm exploring," she offered tentatively, a slight curiosity to her expression as she observed the woman's response.
Old May 17, 2016, 04:40 AM   #5
Jade Alanon
Mythic

Jade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious SuperheroJade Alanon is a glorious Superhero
One never knew how another person would react, especially in a place like this. Jade was wary by nature, keeping her distance from the woman even as she called attention to herself. Jade’s own reason for being in the necropolis had little to do with any potential treasures that might be in the various broken tombs but rather those that may be worshiping within. Jalat was on Jade’s ‘hate’ list and anyone who served him would be sent to meet the death god personally, she would see to that.

The woman didn’t seem to care much for the term Jade had used, throwing the question back at Jade rather than answering herself which only caused Jade to smirk. “I don’t seek to rob graves but rather fill new ones.” She glanced around, almost hoping she might catch a glance of where her quarry hid but it was a slim chance and her attention would return to the familiar woman. “Though you needn’t worry, I won’t bother with you, unless you worship Jalat of course.” Eyes narrowed, her inquiry, while in passing, was still there.

Stepping forward, Jade glanced around one more time before sighing. “A rather macabre place to explore, it must be said. Though I suppose it may hold different kinds of surprises depending on how much death essence this place holds.” As a spellbreaker, she would be able to sense the contamination and potentially do something with it but she knew better than most what a place like this could produce. “I’ve fought skeletons produced by such essence and that place had less than this, so I hope you know how to use your weapon.”

As per usual, Jade was a talker whether others liked it or not. She had done the whole ‘lone wolf’ thing and found it to be quite dull and lonely. Not that the ‘I’m a bitch, get over it’ routine was much better in ways of making fast friends but Jade could only be who she was and nothing else. “Care for some company? I imagine talking to yourself would get old rather quickly.”
Old May 22, 2016, 07:33 PM   #6
Rhystlin
Hero

The half elf's unease did not dissipate upon Jade's declaration. Even when she noted that Rhys was not on her list, the mercenary failed to visibly relax, studying the white-haired woman with a renewed but wary curiosity.

"A rather macabre place to explore..."

"I suppose it is," she admitted, a flash of confusion crossing her face when the woman noted essence. As a mage she understood the term, but to hear someone openly proclaiming that they studied necromancy did not seem like the wisest choice. Rhys chose to assume she had misunderstood, especially in light of the woman's even more confusing addendum, but even that put the half elf no more at ease.

"Well enough," she said of her ability to use her weapon, a hand moving to the hilt without thought. She made no effort to draw, her mind still attempting to dredge up what memory there must have been of this woman.

Although she seemed to consider for a long moment indeed whether to accept the woman's presence, she could not help but wonder at just how likely her speak of cultists could end up being true. She had not considered as much, but all the more fool she was for not having done so. The rumors, the silence of this place... it was the perfect breeding ground for unsavory connections, for rituals best kept in secret.

"Aye, it does." Her hand dropped from her blade as she gestured her acceptance. "I had hoped for company, but none could be bothered to come close to this place. Perhaps that means we're both crazy. But I suppose I'm fine with that."

She glanced towards the greater necropolis. "Are you familiar with this place?"
Old May 29, 2016, 07:55 PM   #7
Jade Alanon
Mythic

Once upon a time, Jade would have loathed talking to someone else like this, she had never been one for one-on-one chatter and never would have engaged in it herself but how times had changed. She was no longer the lone wolf but rather the wolf that enjoyed pissing people off, it was a talent she was showing off more and more each brightening. Some people just couldn’t handle Jade’s particular set of people skills. Their loss, she was a delight.

Rhys didn’t seem to know what to make of Jade or if she did, she kept it to herself. Jade didn’t bother hiding why she was traipsing around the massive graveyard, she was open with her intentions because as far as she was concerned, she was in the right. She was hunting down Jalat worshippers and this was the place to do it as far as she was concerned. Jade spoke of essence from a spellbreakers point of view but she could tell that Rhys questioned Jade’s comment, not that she spoke it aloud. Despite this, she didn’t bother elaborating, no reason really.

“I may not be the best company but I’m better than nothing.” She said with a shrug as the other woman chose to accept Jade as a companion for the time being. “Which isn’t saying much, I suppose.” She laughed to herself as she glanced around, hoping once more to catch a glimpse of something, anything, that could point her in the right direction. “Sanity is overrated anyway. I’d sooner be crazy and live than sane and spend my brightenings doing nothing. Safety is for suckers.”

Was she familiar with this place. Jade shook her head. “Not even a little bit.” She felt that honesty was the best in this situation. “I’m guessing by your question that you aren’t either. No matter, I’m sure we can sort out a way through this labyrinth of death and bones.” She gestured for Rhys to take the lead. “After you.”

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: