Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Arium > Nexus Prime

Notices

Old January 3, 2015, 12:31 AM   #1
Rhystlin
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero
Winter Wandering [Open]

Winter, Era XXII Post Fractum. Reign of the Empress Rhysatra I, Ponutis

The pounding of Rhystlin's heart in her chest seemed to be as heavy as her breathing. Her feet hit the ground with such a force she could feel it in her shins. But still, she kept running, running running... and the wind whistled past her ears, swept her hair into her eyes, and cut into her lungs like heat and ice and fury. Her throat burned.

But it felt great. The monotonous, laborious slumber she seemed to trudge through every day at work was enough to make her heart ache as deeply as her bones. No matter how tired her body would be each day, the freedom to leave work was a freedom that engulfed her from head to toe and set her feet alight. So she ran... and ran, ran, until even the feeling of bursting forth from a life of drudgery wasn't enough to keep her muscles moving.

That point came soon enough. She stopped somewhere in the streets to catch her breath, placing a hand on a building beside her and sucking in the cold mountain air. She brushed hair from her eyes with the other hand and determined she couldn't be far off from the city square. Once she was able to breathe normally, she tightened her cloak about herself and began to walk at a normal pace.

The morning exercise made her feel good. The weariness was not so prominent anymore and the skies were bright despite the chill. So she just kept walking, albeit slowly, heading in the general direction of an inn. She was content to meander for a while with little else in her thoughts but the moment.

Last edited by Rhystlin; January 8, 2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old January 3, 2015, 01:43 AM   #2
Sebastet
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Sebastet is a benevolent Adventurer
As Sebastet rounded a corner, a young woman dashed past. Curious, the tigroness looked after her, and spied her a short way down the street, leaning against a building. Even for a big city, it was odd, and it seemed worth checking out. If something was wrong, maybe she could help. Cautiously approaching, she checked with the young woman.

"Pardon me," she began. "Is everything alright? Do you need help?" If nothing was wrong, maybe she could make a new friend or two, or at least an acquaintance for the brightening.

"My name is Sebastet," she continued, "and yours?"

Average post time: Slow while I get back into the swing of things, but I'm still here.
Peer Mod Count: 4/4
***NOT TAKING NEW THREADS FOR NOW***
Old January 3, 2015, 11:50 AM   #3
Rhystlin
Hero

Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero
Rhystlin had not taken many steps before the katta approached her, and she turned, slightly startled, toward to voice. When she realized in that brief moment what the woman had asked her, an almost involuntary smile flashed across her face. She couldn't help but laugh as she attempted to brush more hair back from her eyes. The run must have caused several locks to come free of their binding.

"Oh, it must have looked odd to you," she said, "just darting through streets like that. I hope I didn't hit you as I was going by. If I did, I didn't steal anything, I promise. You can check my cloak..."

Although it wouldn't be the first time Rhystlin had bumped into someone and been accused of being a thief, it dawned on her as she began to show the katta the inside pockets of her cloak that the woman had actually asked her if she was all right. She paused, blinked, and gave a slightly embarrassed chuckle at the realization of how ridiculous she must have looked or sounded in that moment. Well if she hadn't thought me a thief yet, she certainly might be considering it now....

"Oh, but I'm fine," she went on aloud. "I wasn't running from anything. I just like to... run."

She glanced around herself, if for nothing else but to avert her eyes as she continued to look ridiculous, and after a quick moment of recovery, took a deep breath and then returned her gaze to the katta, smiling. "You know, I won't be running anymore. I was just about to make a much slower pace through the streets, maybe to get a drink or something... I haven't quite decided. You can join me if you like." She gestured with her hands in the direction she had been heading, as if the katta had not already seen that. "Unless you're already headed somewhere else, of course."

It was not difficult to confess to herself that she hoped the woman was not busy. Rhystlin very rarely had company besides her "father" these days, and she had to admit that the prospect of not making her walk alone was quite a welcome one.
Old January 3, 2015, 11:54 PM   #4
Faye Blackwell
Citizen

Faye Blackwell is unknown and forgotten
Faye weaved her way through the bustling crowds of Nexus Prime. As much as she loved her home in Aelyria prime, she tended to get bored staying in one place for too long. As nice as it was to have one place to call home she was adventurous and never could stand being still for too long. Not only that but Faye made her living through theft. Or as she thought of it, an act of charity, relieving those with too much of the burdens of material wealth to benefit others, like herself, that weren't blessed with wealth, according to Faye it wasn't stealing her marks were simply "sharing their wealth."
however Faye knew many people didn't share her sentiments, and unfortunately those people were usually the ones in power. So another reason she traveled was to avoid being caught, too many thefts in one place was bound to attract unwanted attention no matter how careful you were, but a theft here, a pocket picked there would be more likely to go unnoticed. She couldn't afford to look suspicious, not if she wanted to stay out of prison.

It hadn't been Faye's most successful day, she'd had to abandon a couple marks to avoid detection, but she had gotten lucky and made a fair bit off a man who's purse had "fallen off his belt" (after subtly cutting the string with her dagger) and she had been kind enough to return it, the man was so grateful he insisted on giving her a reward for her "kindness" she always enjoyed using those types of tricks but they were a bit of a gamble so she didn't rely on them. Faye suddenly surveyed the crowd, trying to scope out a potential mark when her stomach growled loudly, and Faye swore to herself, there's no way she'd get close enough without to a mark without her stomach giving her away, she hadn't eaten that day and had decided to head to the inn in search of food.

However she was distracted from her hunger when a figure darted past her nearly knocking her over, she had to jump back quickly to avoid a collision. Faye had been about to angrily call out "Hey watch where you're going!" To the figure, but when she saw the running figure she decided not to, the person looked to be a female half elf, either her age or a little older, she could never keep track of how other species age. Faye took note at the speed at which the girl was running, probably running from something, possibly another thief attempting to make a getaway, "Amateur" scoffed Faye to herself, running like that after a theft is a good way to look guilty, and if you look guilty, you get caught. A thought then occurred to Faye, she could either help, this potential thief, or use her to her advantage. Faye could turn the woman in directly, or if someone gave chase and a crowd formed when the half elf was caught, Faye could blend into the crowd and steal from the onlookers. Faye decided to follow, curious as to how the situation would play out. Faye followed the girl, ducking in and out of the crowd, staying far enough to keep from being spotted but close enough to keep an eye on the girl and blend into the crowd. till she stopped and a Katta approached the half elf and the two started talking, although Faye was too far away to hear what the two were saying, "Most likely an accomplice" Faye thought to herself. The half elf then appeared to be showing the Katta the insides of her cloak, and possibly "Damn." Thought Faye "what does this girl think she's doing? Is she trying to get caught? Why would you show someone the goods you just stole in the middle of the day in the middle of a street full of people?" If this girl was a thief at all, which Faye was beginning to have her doubts that she was, then she was a terrible one. In fact Faye didn't think she'd feel right profiting off of the girl possibly getting caught since she obviously had no idea what she was doing. Faye wasn't usually one for conversation but she decided why not help her? After all it seemed like she needed it, badly. Faye then came closer to the pair and said in a voice that was loud enough for the two to hear but hopefully soft enough to go unheard in the midst of the daily city noise "you know you might not want to run away next time, it makes you look guilty. Just be careful next time you take something."
Old January 5, 2015, 05:40 PM   #5
Sebastet
Adventurer

Sebastet laughed it off as the woman started to show the pockets of her cloak.

"No need for that," she replied with a smile. "No harm done. You know, I think I'll take you up on coming with. I'm not in any hurry, and always ready to meet people." Her train of thought was interrupted, however, by a new arrival. This new girl offered some strange advice, and the look in her eye immediately put the tigroness on guard.

"You sound as if you speak from experience," Sebastet pointed out. "Hardly something you should imply. If you truly are, then you just warned us to keep a close watch on our purses and possessions. If not, then I advise you to be careful how others may interpret your words. Just pointing out something that could keep you out of unwarranted trouble."

Average post time: Slow while I get back into the swing of things, but I'm still here.
Old January 5, 2015, 06:27 PM   #6
Rhystlin
Hero

Rhystlin offered the katta a smile, happy to have a tagalong for her morning walk. It wasn't often she was able to get away from her duties at Windsteed Farm so early, so it was equally infrequent to be out and about when the streets were more heavily populated. Her opportunities to meet new people were far and few between, it seemed.

Rhystlin had not had the opportunity to release her grip on her cloak before the new arrival began to offer her some rather interesting advice. The half elf turned and blinked at the woman, realizing that her apparent status as thief was yet to be cleared. She opened her mouth with a renewed sense of self-defense when the katta spoke again.

Rhystlin had to admit that she would not have reached the same conclusion about the human that the katta had, and she had to take a moment to consider the response. She gave the newest arrival a once-over, as though a brief inspection would divulge whether stealing was a common pastime of hers. Her hair was a bit haphazardly cut and her clothing wasn't anything to write home about... but aside from that, she looked like many of the other human adolescents in the streets of Nexus Prime.

Rhystlin waited until both women were done sharing their suggestions, and then addressed the human woman with a look of surrender on her face. "I can see now that it makes me look guilty." She laughed. "But I assure you, despite how it looks, I haven't taken a thing. I was just overly excited to be out of work so early today...." Realizing how cold she was becoming at this point, the half elf wrapped her cloak more closely about her body.

"But thank you for the advice," she continued. "I should feel lucky that your first reaction was to counsel me, rather than to turn me in."

She had to pause before she extended the same offer of company to the human girl. She was unsure of how the katta would feel about such a kindness, given the suspicions she had recently expressed about the girl. Rhystlin glanced towards the katta hoping for some sense of direction in the matter, that her unspoken question would somehow go understood.
Old January 6, 2015, 06:04 AM   #7
Martellus
Luminary

Martellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious Superhero
"Exactly," a voice said from somewhere up above. "You don't need to be a thief to go for a run, though that would be a fair assumption to make I suppose." A quick glance up would reveal an armoured Dracon sitting lazily at the top of a wall. "Running is good. More people should do it."

Martellus dropped off of the wall, still quite lazily, before flapping once to dump his speed as he landed next to the three women. From there, he was silent as he looked at them. They all seemed to be plainly and practically clothed. They all looked quite young. They were all quite pretty as well, he decided. A Human, a half-Elf and a Tigroness. His gaze lingered on the latter's bright fur, her being the first Katta he had seen of such a colouration.

"The party assembles," he muttered quietly to himself, snout baring teeth into a slight smirk. Whether or not his muttering would be true remained to be seen. But it was how these things often turned out, in his experience. It would certainly be nice for things to turn out that way. It had been a while since he'd had such company.

The Dracon was in Nexus Prime because he had been nearby in the area and was looking for a Thaumaturge, thinking a city would be a safe bet to find one. Oh, he didn't need healing... or perhaps he did in a manner of speaking. He planned to Unbind to Thaumaturgy as his second Sphere and see where it would take him. He couldn't see himself as a doctor sitting in a clinic all brightening and waiting for broken bones and cuts to come along and receive his assistance, but he still had a use for such a Sphere, and still desired the support it could give.

Martellus continued to be silent for now, curious to see how this conversation would continue. He was ready to move on though if it became evident he was not welcome.

Last edited by Martellus; January 8, 2015 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Capitalisation
Old January 8, 2015, 02:35 AM   #8
Faye Blackwell
Citizen

Faye tried to keep her face impassive at the Katta's words, but despite her attempt she was inwardly cursing at herself. The two weren't thieves at all and all she accomplished was making herself look suspicious, it was hard to say whether the half elf shared the suspicions of her feline companion, but either way she had no intentions of making herself look even more suspicious, the last thing she needed was reports of an adolescent thief matching her description circulating the city.

Faye's main guideline was "If you don't look guilty or look like you have anything to hide, no one will suspect you" and she had no intention of breaking that guideline now, especially after noticing the appearance of a newcomer, a male drakon leaning against the wall. She had no idea whether he was friendly or not or what he had on his mind, but she quickly decided she'd rather have the half elf and the Katta on her side if things got ugly, but she wasn't going to show any sign of fear or suspicion, not yet, she'd clear the air with the Katta and the half elf, then she'd try to get a feel for the newcomer. She was going to act natural. She had nothing to hide after all, she was just a normal young girl out and about in the city. She turned to the Katta and offered her a bemused smile before laughing "if you're insinuating what I think you are, maybe you're right, or maybe your wrong, and I'm just observant, I'll leave that for you to decide. Smiling slightly she turned to the half elf "I didn't mean to accuse you, it's just you almost ran into me while you were running, usually when I see someone running like that there is usually a mob chasing them, accusing them of stealing, something, as for counseling you instead of turning you in, why would I turn you in? As long as no one stole from me, I have no reason to care whether or not someone stole anything. Also when I saw you open your cloak I assumed you were just a terrible thief and felt bad for you. Looks like I was mistaken. I apologize." Faye was being a lot friendlier than she normally would be, social skills were never her strong suit and she considered herself more of a lone wolf, however she felt being friendly would help make the other two warm up to her, which is something that definitely couldn't hurt being in an unfamiliar city.

She turned to the drakon, curious to how he'd respond to her and whether she could possibly get an idea of his personality or what he wanted "Can I help you with something, or did you just want to comment on women running?" She then turned to the Katta and the half elf to see if she could gage their reactions to see what they made of the newcomer? She wasn't sure what to expect or what was going to happen next but she decided to do as she always did in most situations play it by ear and hope everything works out
Old January 10, 2015, 09:11 PM   #9
Sebastet
Adventurer

Sebastet looked up in surprise as a voice came from above, and saw the dracon drop from the wall. She may have found the scaly races unusual, but they had given her no reason to be against them either. Besides, there were certainly those out in the world who thought her people a bit strange as well.

”The party assembles.” What did he mean by that? Well, only time would tell. As for the human girl, Sebastet did not buy her supposed innocence. Something about the girl set the tigroness on edge, and she had learned to trust her instincts. If there was one thing she had learned from training under that Medonian, it was that instinct could save her life. Still, she supposed, if they let the girl come with them, at least they knew to keep an eye on their belongings, and it would keep the kid out of trouble.

“So it seems,” she replied to the dracon. “Certainly an unusual assortment we have here, but who knows? At least we will be safe if anyone tries to mug us.” She laughed lightly. Turning to the human girl, she continued. “I have no problem with you coming with, but try to steal anything from us, and…” she flashed her claws with a pointed look. “I have nothing against you, and I hope things will not be a problem. In recent times, too many young people have resorted to stealing to get by. You are at the age to make something more of yourself, so don’t let yourself fall into that. It never ends well.”

Too many times in her travels, Sebastet had seen men, women, even young children, reduced to petty theft just to find their next meal. It was easier when you had skills people needed, but even then, nothing was guaranteed. She herself had had difficult times, but as long as she was careful, she would not run through the inheritance from her parents unreasonably quickly. She knew it would benefit her to learn a trade or vocation herself, however. Maybe she would find something while pursuing her real dream.

“Anyway,” she continued, “I suppose introductions are in order. I’m Sebastet, and someday, I hope to see my people reunited in a great city of their own once more.”

Old January 10, 2015, 09:41 PM   #10
Rhystlin
Hero

"I'm sorry that I almost ran into you," the half elf said to the human girl. "Usually I get out of work after dark, so I am not used to the streets being as crowded as they are today. I'll try to be more careful next time."

Rhystlin's eyes then darted upward at the unexpected voice. She stepped back a little as the dracon dropped from the wall, wondering just how long he had been up there, listening.

She had to agree with Sebastet's observation about how unusual they appeared together. But Rhystlin hadn't socialized in a group of people this large in several eras now. It was proving to be an intersting, if not awkward, brightening.

The half elf was grateful that the katta extended the invitation to the human, as she herself had been unsure how to approach the situation from there. But there was still the matter of the dracon's arrival and what his motivations might have been. She wondered if he had been there before she arrived, and if the confusion she had caused had disturbed him. Well, that wouldn't be the first person today, she supposed. She ultimately decided to allow the human girl's question to remain extended to the male. Perhaps his answer would shed more light on whether he was simply looking for conversation, or something else.

As the katta once more took hold of the situation, Rhystlin pondered her introduction and decided she could very much respect such a goal. "I hope that for you as well, Sebastet," she responded. "My name is Rhystlin. I can't say that I have any dreams as grandiose, but I do hope I can find some." She smiled.

Last edited by Rhystlin; January 10, 2015 at 10:52 PM.
Old January 11, 2015, 06:34 PM   #11
Martellus
Luminary

Martellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious Superhero
Martellus briefly allowed himself a little self-conceit as the trio of strangers reacted to his sudden entrance. Then, it was on to responses and getting to know each other.

Yes, first the Human girl upon whom suspicion, based on her knowledge of thievery, seemed to have turned. He chuckled at her wit on women running. While the sight of the charming lady dashing through the streets was perhaps from a certain perspective the kind of pleasant thing that merited comment, he was not in this city just for the lollygagging.

"Oh, well since you've asked, you could help me shed a couple of my back-scales I suppose. I can feel when they're loosened, you see." Of course, scale-scraping would require a state of undress, and he was not quite that inebriated yet. His smirk grew into a toothy grin. "Sorry, I can't resist an unsubtle jibe now and then. In all honesty, unless you know a Thaumaturge I don't think you can particularly help me with anything. Though I should note this conversation is proving entertaining enough."

Next, the Katta with the delightful fur. "Muggers... yes, that would be an amusing fight to face alongside you three, I think." Not that he wished such an attack on them. He had never actually been mugged, come to think of it. It must've been his appearance.

As the Tigroness flashed claws conversing with the possibly-thief girl, Martellus clacked his own talons together softly in a sort of clawed-race salute. Her name was Sebastet, she revealed... and she had a dream? "A great Katta city... I think I'd fancy visiting such a place. I wish you well on that dream." He thought on his Tigron friend Cadwallader, and his clan. A Katta settlement would be interesting, indeed.

Lastly, the charming half-Elf. Oh, Martellus had absolutely been up on that wall prior to this encounter. He was thinking of where to go or what to see next, when his answer had ran around the corner. Such loitering wasn't uncommon with a homeless person. But he hadn't heard her thought on that matter and wouldn't think to answer it.

The half-Elf's name was Rhystlin, she had said. "Oh, we're doing introductions and personal dreams now? Very well. I am Martellus, and I believe the state of my aspirations lays similar to yours, Rhystlin." He hadn't really thought much on where he had been going in life, lately. He had lost a lot of friends over the last few seasons, and after his injuries in the big Xet battle he had slipped into a bit of a depression. It was part of the reason he searched for a Thaumaturge to Unbind him. He needed new purpose. He had little to live for, frankly. "My own long-term goals at the moment are aligned into the simple search for adventure, I think. And a job. A job would be nice too, I suppose."

Last edited by Martellus; January 12, 2015 at 02:14 AM.
Old January 21, 2015, 07:26 PM   #12
Faye Blackwell
Citizen

"Great, I'm getting a morality lecture from a talking cat. It always ends badly? No it only ends badly if you're stupid enough to get caught" Faye thought angrily, and though she's had some close calls she's managed to avoid getting caught so far, and she planned to keep it that way. The simple reality is stupid thieves don't survive, you have to be clever to be successful as a thief. Yes it was hard, yes some would say it's immoral, but she didn't care, this was the life she chose and she didn't want some Katta she just met who knows nothing of her life, to act like some wise fairy godmother and try to guide her. if there's anything Faye hated, it was being told what to do, to have to follow someone else's rules. She wanted to be in charge of her own life and make her own rules, she wanted freedom and adventure, so what if she had to take a few things to make a living, all and all it was a victimless crime. However seeing the Katta (what was her name? Sebastlet? Sebasnet? She always had trouble remembering names when first meeting someone, ah well she's figure it out later) make a point to show her claws she knew that the facade of innocence went out the window, at least with Sebastlet, again Faye cursed herself for having a big mouth and nearly exposing herself, maybe she wasn't as clever as she thought, so the question was to continue the facade or not. Faye did her best not to betray any sign of her annoyance at having been lectured, she didn't ask for a fairy godmother, she didn't want to be told what to do, she then turned to the Katta and said "Thank you for looking out for me Sebastlet, but I'm quite fine, and I've been fine for along time, I'm perfectly fine now. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

She had been invited along, but for what reason she didn't know, we're they pretending to be friendly to her only to turn her in? The half elf Riesling, she believed the name was, seemed friendly, but she didn't understand why they'd take interest in some ratty human kid, unless they wanted something. However something told Faye to go with them, if something bad happened she can always find some way to get out of trouble, plus it may be interesting. Although Faye didn't like to admit it, since she prided herself on being a lone wolf, but she did get lonely and didn't mind the company of other sentient beings once in a while. Still she couldn't help but wonder what the dracon meant by "the party assembles" the way he said it she was fairly certain it meant something was going to happen, the question was, what? Whatever it was Faye would find a way to handle it some way or another.

Giving a small, crooked, smile to the half elf she told her "don't worry about me, Riesling, I've taken worse hits than this from my brother's spells backfiring, but if you knock me over again, next time you can buy me a drink and were even" Then she turned to the Dracon, she was a little surprised by his joke about his back scales, but there was no way she wanted him to know his comment took her by surprise, she simply turned to him and said "Very funny, although I don't really know you well enough for that so you'll merely have to make do with conversation, and our charming company." She may have been civil but one thing she knew, she would so find a way to get him back for his joke. "Anyway as for the Katta city, it does sound nice, especially knowing with so many felines around you'll never have to worry about a rat infestation. Anyway my names Faye, as for my dreams, don't really have any, I just live in the here and now and just enjoy whatever adventure comes my way. I just want to make my own way in the world." Before today Faye had never given much thought to her dreams. She really had no plans when she ran away, she was just knew she didn't want to stay in a home where she was the black sheep of the family and end up getting married off and having to settle into a life of boredom. She knew what she didn't want, but she had no idea what she did want, what was her dream? What was she working towards? These were puzzling questions but they were questions for another day, now, she would continue on the way she always had and conquer life one day at a time.
Old January 26, 2015, 12:28 AM   #13
Sebastet
Adventurer

Sebastet smiled at the goodwill from Rhystlin and Martellus, suppressing a chuckle at the latter’s response to the human girl’s question. Unfortunately, she did not know any healing mages, or any traditional healers for that matter. She had been lucky not to be injured enough to need one, though she had thought about learning the basics before, just in case. The dracon had a solid point when he mentioned a job, however. While Sebastet enjoyed traveling, the adventurer’s life was not always the most profitable, and a steady source of income could be beneficial.

Then there was this human girl. Such a dismissive answer rose Sebastet’s suspicions a bit, but for now, the tigroness let the comments slide, though she did correct the girl’s pronunciation of her name. Apparently she had problems remembering people’s names, even after just being told. She shook her head a bit and rolled her eyes at the remark about rat problems. Such remarks had been made so many times that they no longer even got a response out of her. Three people living day to day, without major dreams. In some ways, Sebastet could relate.

“I was not so different,” she began. “Up until recently, my dream was nothing more than that. Not long ago, I met someone who convinced me that if there were ever a time to make it real, that time was now, while the empire is rebuilding. So much has changed for so many over the past eras. Sometimes people’s dreams are all they have left. Dreams and hope.”

Old January 26, 2015, 02:26 PM   #14
Rhystlin
Hero

The half elf smiled again to the human girl. She had gotten her name close enough. In fact, it was pretty common for people to leave out the "t" sound, so she was used to it, anyway. "Righst - lynn" She corrected softly, with humor in her voice. "But sure, that's a fair enough deal, I think. A drink would be the least I could do."

Turning, then, to the dracon, Rhystlin could not help but sympathize with his plight in regards to a job. There were opportunities in the city, sure, but they were often thankless and grueling ones if an individual didn't have the skills that could demand higher wages. She, herself, had been working as a stablehand for many eras, and could not imagine how she would support herself if she did decide to strike it out on her own. She would likely end up in the same plight as this man, and she was not sure how to supplement her income without taking on more dangerous jobs as a mercenary. But that was the life she planned to chose, wasn't it? It would always come with its risks. At least she always had a home to return to if things got really bad.

What she sympathized more with, however, was the talk of searching for adventure. A dangerous search, but one that proved to be far more fulfilling than raking hay and manure. She dipped her head to the dracon in acknowledgement as he addressed her directly. "I don't know if you'll find adventure here in Nexus Prime," she laughed, "But I'm quite sure you may find the thaumaturge you're looking for. This city is home to the famed Rainbow Towers. There are many arcane practitioners and scholars holed up there."

Then, turning to Sebastet, the half elf canted her head to the side in interest. "This individual you met sounds very wise. Things changed enough on their own, but the Xet Invasion has stripped many bare of everything but their dreams and hopes. I suppose it makes sense that now is as good a time as any to rebuild upon the ashes."

The corners of her lips tilted upward in a soft smile as she turned away from the thought and back to those around her. "I'm curious, though. It seems that at least Martellus is new to the city. Are you all just travelling through? Where are you coming from?"
Old January 26, 2015, 06:58 PM   #15
Martellus
Luminary

So... was the shady girl a thief, or not? If she was... hey, Marty may have been an ex-guard but he didn't judge. As long as she didn't steal from poor people, or kick dogs or anything like that, because that would be the point at which the thievery would reach much further into unethical depths - puppy punters were the worst kinds of criminals. This shady girl had bargained a contingency for a drink with Rhystlin, who responded in the positive. "Hmm, a drink sounds nice," Martellus interjected. But then a drink always sounded nice, to him. "Of course my lady," he responded mirthfully on the matter of shedding scales. "The company of the three of you is certainly and with ease, at least as lovely as a good scale-scraping."

The ambitious Tigroness spoke further on the state of her dream. What she'd said was actually quite inspirational. If there was ever a fine time to struggle and change the empire for the better, it was now, while it was rebuilding from upon its past losses. Softskins would remember Katta who'd helped put their homes back together. "That is a remarkable attitude on the matter indeed, Sebastet. I could see working on something like that with my own race, in fact." Gods knew the Dracons had faced some oppression. "There is strength, and change, and then there are the hopes and dreams that fuel and guide them."

Martellus had caused at least the half-Elf, Rhystlin, to laugh so far, a result he over-analytically approved of even if it had been a little indirect in its induction. If he was successful in spreading his humour to others, that always did well for his sense of self-esteem, especially if the audience of his jesting was such a prepossessing and affable female. "You're quite right about Nexus. I have visited this city once before, briefly. While it is varied and interesting, it's also quite safe and therefore dull in some elements. It doesn't seem a bad place to live... especially if there are women like you inhabiting it... but it's certainly not the first place I'd look for adventure." She mentioned where he might find a Thaumaturge, and he nodded and smiled as much as a Dracon visibly could without bringing bared teeth into the equation. "Well, thank you. I will look there then when I get a chance."

'Where are you coming from?' had been Rhystlin's question. Well... Martellus was only here on a temporary basis, that much was likely obvious. As for the question of where he came from, the answer was... certainly not abstract, but possibly still complex. "It has been a long time..." he muttered to himself. "I don't know, I guess you could say I'm from the road. I had parents of course, I'm not saying I just popped out of the road one day..." He tapped a talon to his chestplate where he could feel his mother's necklace, gently aligned against his sternum. "Oh, my, it is a bit of a story. And one that seems to change every time. Best not to get into where I come from." He wasn't quite sure where his parents had come from when they'd moved to the Prime province, in fact... a little mystery for him to think on.

His reptilian eyes swept over the other two girls, interested in their answers. He did helpfully suggest "Might we head to a tavern? They usually aren't that hard to find." It felt a bit awkward standing near some alley like this.

Last edited by Martellus; January 26, 2015 at 07:22 PM.