Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > United Arium Directorate

Old April 12, 2015, 10:58 AM   #31
Diamea
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero
The dracon agreed with her and Diamea was relieved to see she wasn't the only one starting to not like that place, too quite and the smell of decomposition was really annoying her now.

Not much time to think about that Martellus said a group of dracons were on their way towards them; there isn't nothing there, why they would come? she asked herself as Rhystlin said it.

"Don't end our story together too soon, ok?" Diamea didn't want to loose Rhystlin, she liked her and she promised herself to do all in her power if something would go wrong.

She looked for a spot, not to far away, where she could throw her knife at the dracons and run in the battle.

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor(s)!!! <3
Diamea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2015, 06:50 AM   #32
Gravity
Not just a good idea...

Gravity is a benevolent AdventurerGravity is a benevolent Adventurer
Once everyone had picked their hiding spots, it would still be a few minutes before the dracon party came close enough to be spotted. As they came closer and saw Martellus, they would dive, circle around him, and then land in front of him, their weapons still sheathed. The group was well armed, and from the four, there was one larger male, even larger than Martellus, armed with twin falchions strapped on his back, clad on hard leather brigantine, two smaller males, one of them wearing a steel chestplate and a helm, the rest of his protections being in chainmail, armed with a two-handed sword as big as he was, and the other armed with a recurve bow and plenty of knives, protected with hard boiled leather. The last member of the group was a female dracon, armed with a recurve bow as well, and a spear, clad in brigantine and wearing a steel skull cap.

In the hiding spots, the stench of decomposition and decay was almost unbearable, the seemingly abandoned town populated by scavengers, mostly little bugs that were now very much noticeable by the hiding members of the group, some of them insisting to cross over them to shorten their path to food.

The dracons looked Martellus over, and the female, who was farther in the back, addressed him: "Serale. We come in the name of Sir Elodes of Riben, and we're to claim this land for him. Please state your business here." They're attitude was far from being hostile, but the other archer looked around on the ground, and upon examining it, he alerted the rest of the group: "There's more of them, about two others, by the marks I found so far." This dracon was obviously an experienced tracker, and it would be just a matter of time until he tracked their hiding places down. The female dracon spoke again: "Hrm. We've no time for games. Let them be, if they come, we'll deal with them. Sshadek, keep an eye on their hiding spots and have your bow at the ready." She was completely relaxed, as if being surrounded and caught out in a strange place was a trivial matter: "Well now, it's about time we know your business here."
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2015, 11:32 AM   #33
Martellus
Luminary

Martellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious Superhero
Martellus was very thankful that they turned out not to be hostile. They looked like an experienced and well-armed group... on top of that, all Dracons... large, naturally armed and armoured; talons, fangs and scales; and all capable of flight. If it did turn to bloodshed Marty feared for their chances, and hoped that Tarin and Diamea had the sense not to attack. He did notice that the Draconess stayed at the back; perhaps she meant to stay at an effective range, or it could simply be a case of keeping the leader protected.

A greeting was in order. Again, it was not every brightening he got the chance to meet a bunch of other Diantar outside of Arkdun. "Ah... glalkat, mriskuun-todrik ta todrek," he exercised his limited Draconi as he briefly bowed to the Draconess leader of the group. "My name is Martellus, this is Rhystlin," he waved a hand to the half-Elf beside him. "I see you've noticed the others of our group... they shouldn't give us trouble so long as we can all remain peaceful." He gave the Draconess leader a wide toothy smile.

Marty quickly explained their intentions for this place. "Our business here... well, er, this is kind of awkward actually..." He ran talons over his neck scales for a moment, before continuing. "We're also here for this land. Heh, coincidence, right? We're here on behalf of Faust Kitrye'veresi, examining Mileswick for renovations. We plan to rebuild this town from the ashes and use it as a home and headquarters."

The problem they had was clear. They couldn't both have this land. "So... uh... can we negotiate something?" He tapped his talons together... hopefully, nervously... he wasn't sure. He knew what this meant to Rhystlin, and in addition he had been rather charmed by the idea of having a place here to call his own. He just hoped that the issue they seemed to have run into here could be resolved without fighting. "May I ask what Sir Elodes wishes to do with this land?"

Last edited by Martellus; April 14, 2015 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Department of redundancy department
Martellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2015, 11:40 AM   #34
Rhystlin
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero
Upon the arrival of the dracons, Rhystlin eyed them up and down, noting the various roles each seemed to fulfill. They were heavily armed, making her concerned for those who remained hidden elsewhere. They seemed to pay Rhys in particular no mind, instead turning their full attention to her dracon companion. They appeared experienced, making her concerned as to whether or not her group could handle them if it came to a conflict.

Marty seemed to handle the conversation well, and although she would have liked to stress that Faust was the lord baron of Arium, she kept her mouth shut. Anyone in Arium would know the man's title, after all - especially if they were truly a "sir". Whoever this Sir Elodes was, he certainly had less claim to the land than Faust did (right?) - and he was bold to attempt to claim land so near to Nexus Prime.

The one dracon noted her hidden people and she frowned. Figured. She already didn't like them, but she remained silent since her dracon companion was handling the situation well. She didn't want to let her irritation at the other dracons' chest puffing bleed through to her words, and so far they had only made threats - not acted upon them.

Still, she wasn't holding their breath. They seemed willing to start a fight based off of their demanding tone of voice, and she didn't like that at all.
Rhystlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14, 2015, 03:53 PM   #35
Diamea
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero
The stench of decomposition and decay was almost unbearable for Diamea, she was nearly ready to throw up what she had in her stomach, and all that bugs going around! Diamea imposed herself to stay calm and be ready to fight.

She looked at the dracons party, they were all well armed and they seemed to know how to fight but they didn't seemed to be ready to start a fight right now. They were talking with Martellus and she heard one of them spotting their presence, they were good indeed. Diamea remained silent, awaiting, it wasn't the moment to start a fight.

Secrets of Foresight

Old April 19, 2015, 05:11 PM   #36
Tarin Bloodgrave
Adventurer

Tarin Bloodgrave is a benevolent Adventurer
These dracons could be trouble. Tarin was fair at his job, but he knew his weapons would not penetrate that armor, he was not accurate enough yet with his crossbow, and he certainly did not have enough power in his sorcery to take them all out. Since they either knew where he was or would soon enough, and a fight would not go well for them, he decided to make a risky move. Standing up and stepping out from behind the rubble, he addressed the others.

“I am not here to fight you,” he told them as he put his crossbow back into its harness. As slow as it was, it would only get him killed at this point. “And as you seemed to already know I was there, continuing to stay there would only leave me at a disadvantage. As we are all reasonable individuals, I am sure we can come to some agreement as to what happens here. If nothing else, it looks as if there is enough space for both our factions to set up our operations and coexist without bloodshed.” He turned to Rhystlin.

“Whatever is decided, I will still follow your lead.”

Troubled past
Unknown future
Tarin Bloodgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2015, 02:27 PM   #37
Gravity
Not just a good idea...

Name-dropping Faust would most definitely not go into deaf ears: "Well, the Lord Baron himself is claiming this land as well?" The female dracon hissed lightly in annoyance: "That's unexpected. Sir Elodes will not be too pleased..." The tracker looked over his leader, and then to the exposed members of Faust's party: "Not all that much we can do, really. We've already got paid, Kh'adeesi, so let's drop it: we won't get anything fighting them either." The leader raised her hand to silence Sshadek, then addressed Martellus: "I'm not about to go back empty handed, so maybe we can find a compromise. Sir Riben is interested in recovering this farmland to its former state, recovering his investment through trading the produce that this soil can still grow." The other two dracons had moved in closer to Kh'adeesi, and relaxed their guard, while she continued her dialogue nonchalantly. "We'd be interested to know your plans for this land and then we would communicate with our employer to see if a compromise can be sorted out."
Old April 28, 2015, 05:27 AM   #38
Martellus
Luminary

Martellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious Superhero
OoCSorry for being late again, guys :/

"Yeah, yeah." Marty agreed with Tarin. "Like Tarin says; there is plenty of space here. We can coexist here."

Since it looked like Marty was speaking for them currently, he responded to the Dracon party as they continued. "Ah, yes. Lord Baron, that guy. Sorry." Phew... it sounded like the Dracons had really been ready to fight. "A compromise?" Martellus listened to the Draconess' idea, nodding. "A commercial agriculture space deal... that seems something we can accomodate. One question, though, if I may ask; of all the potential farmland that must be near to Riben, why will Sir Elodes want this spot?" It was not in an accusing tone at all, only a curious one. Mileswick was fairly far from Riben for farming alone; of course they hadn't come here seeking only farming it seemed, but if that was all they were getting now... why not somewhere closer? Perhaps the Draconess simply didn't want to return telling him they hadn't gotten a single square metre of Mileswick.

"Anyway," he went on, not at all making it an issue if his question went unanswered, "So yeah, our plans here are to renovate and build up a home and headquarters. I'm not sure if we wanted some of the farmland..." He glanced at Rhystlin here. "If we were to farm here it would just be for subsistence farming, mind. I mean it would suck if we had to import everything we need." In fact, it was probably best if he put a decision like this into her hands. "Hrrm, it does seem like some farmland wouldn't be much of a loss... er, I think we're going to need your opinion on this, Rhys." He looked at her, hopeful, not aware of how irritated she might be.
Old April 28, 2015, 09:43 AM   #39
Rhystlin
Hero

Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero
Although Rhystlin couldn't see an issue with sharing the land, she had no idea what Sir Elodes's relationship was with Faust, nor whether he had any actual claim to the land or not. She didn't want to go making promises she couldn't keep, especially as she was merely a security unit and not a political envoy.

She was worried Marty was sharing too much about her particular plans, perhaps he was also being wise. After all, if Sir Elodes did gain some stake in this land, it was worth knowing that Rhystlin and her company would be the ones protecting it. That meant that he'd either be relying on Faust's military units or she would be sharing land with another. That would be important to know, and might even bring up the potential for disagreements for anyone sharing space. But while they were indeed here to set up their mercenary headquarters, Faust's main plans in particular were to get this land back up and producing crops for Arium. If Sir Elodes's plans were the same, surely the two could come to some agreement? Surely they could benefit one another?

"It sounds as though your employer has similar plans to ours," she admitted when Marty turned to her. "Our interests are shared then. While I cannot speak for the lord baron, I will gladly send word to him about our meeting here, and about Sir Elodes's wishes. Perhaps the two can correspond from there? If the lord Baron is still in Nexus Prime, you are also more than free to come back with us and I can request an audience for you. It's on the way back to Riben, after all. If you want more solid answers, he would be the one to give them, and it might provide you with a more informative response to bring back to Sir Elodes as well."

She didn't know if the dracons had flown over the forest or went around the opposite side as the city. But Nexus Prime was a close enough pit stop if the group wanted to pay a visit with Rhys and her group. They'd have no issue travelling with the others for such a short distance, certainly.

"While you decide, we do have another member hidden. If you don't mind, I'd like to bring her out since I'm sure she's getting the worst of that stink back there."

She glanced apologetically at Tarin, then looked off in Diamea's direction. "Diamea, it's safe to come out so long as you keep your weapons down, please."
Old May 1, 2015, 11:26 AM   #40
Diamea
Luminary

Listening from her hidden spot, Diamea remained silent; it seemed that another noble had plans for that land and that seemed strange, no one was interested before and now two people at the same time? The was something but it wasn't the time to speak, she would express her thoughts once alone with Rhystlin.

The dracons knew Diamea was still hiding and when Rhystlin callled her, she went out from cover slowly, showing she wasn't willing to trigger a fight. It wasn't the time to speak, so Diamea remained silent at Rhystlin's side.

Secrets of Foresight

Old May 6, 2015, 05:52 AM   #41
Gravity
Not just a good idea...

(OOC: Now enforcing a two-week cycle after my post, to try and keep things going, as suggested by Rhystlin.)

The Draconess shrugged: this kind of political action didn't really suit her or her payroll, but she didn't want to go back to Riben empty-handed, so she stated to Martellus: "Sir Elodes is planning to rebuild the farming city to its former state, to try and gain fame and status, like every other bloody politician." She hissed lightly, her boredom clearly visible: she was a mercenary, not an envoy, and as such she declined the meeting with the Lord Baron: "No need to go and visit the Baron, I'm not being paid enough to bother. My mission here is to assure that Sir Elodes can go on about with his plans without any brigands or thieves making base in this abandoned area. If you'll be defending it, as much as I'd rather having that particular paycheck, it doesn't seem like there's much to be worrying about."

The other Dracons started to stretch their wings, and completely sheathed their weapons: "We done here, boss?" Asked Sshadek, eager to get going: "Hrm. Let's go back and report. We've done our job here." Kh'adeesi also stretched her wings, slightly opened them, and turned to Rhystlin: "Pleasure doing business with you." Completely outstretching their wings, the group took to the skies and left. Now, Rhystlin, Diamea, Martellus and Tarin were all alone with the rot and ruin where once stood Mileswick...
Old May 6, 2015, 10:22 AM   #42
Rhystlin
Hero

Rhystlin offered Kh'adeesi a nod of her head, realizing that the group had not been spoiling for a fight after all. She supposed if they had come to clear out bandits, it was only natural that they might have assumed that her group was here for spoils in the first place. This locale, however, had turned out to be an awful place for brigands to set up shop. Nothing here but rot and ruin. It would seem both groups had arrived for little else but to discover that more than one individual sought after the land.

"I'll notify the lord baron, then. Thank you for speaking with us," she'd say to the group before they parted ways. Afterwards she'd turn and clap Marty on the arm, as he was far too tall for her to reach his shoulder with her congratulatory gesture.

"Nice work 'Martellus the Blue'," she'd chuckle, recalling the title the children of Starkville had given the massive dracon. "I don't know how Faust will take this, but I should report what's happened here. He'll certainly want to know about it."

She turned to the rest of them. "So I jumped the gun earlier. I apologize for not heeding your unrest. I should have listened more closely, but I guarantee I won't make the same mistake again." She peered around. "Maybe now, though, we can head back."

She'd get the horses ready, then, but keep an eye and an ear out. If the others had any input to give she'd be available to hear their words - and if anything last minute occurred, at least this time she'd be expecting it.
Old May 6, 2015, 11:49 AM   #43
Martellus
Luminary

Well, that solved that then. Marty was quite pleased that they had reached a fair agreement without hostility. It had been nice to see the group of his own race. "Maybe I'll see you guys around. Serale!" He waved to the Dracons, bidding them farewell. They looked quite majestic to him when they took off.

Mileswick was secure to become their headquarters, pretty much. Which was fantastic on its own really; but not only that, Rhystlin was praising him! After she clapped him on the arm, he lifted his shoulder in a modest half-shrug. Gratefully he replied "Th- thanks, Rhys. I try." Perhaps a grin couldn't adequately relay his sheer joy, but it could at least communicate the general sentiment.

Rhystlin apologised for the earlier decision to leave before meeting the Dracons. "Uh. No worries." He couldn't accurately have foreseen the encounter either, really. It had only been a gut feeling that had led him to expect something like that. He did not voice the opinion that their leader did not seem to him to be at fault here, though, as she had already vowed to self-improvement.

Okay. So that seemed to be all... they could go back to Nexus to bring word now. Right?

Last edited by Martellus; May 6, 2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old May 9, 2015, 03:42 PM   #44
Diamea
Luminary

For their luck the dracons weren't paid enough and didn't want a fight so they just left, leaving all the things to be sorted up by politicians and Diamea was happy with this. She followed their companions in their way back and after a moment of silence, the dark haired girl came closer to Rhystlin to express her doubt "There is something... I don't know what but... all left this city fall in ruins for years and then, now, two, not one, people in high places want this piece of land...until recently forgotten by everyone... maybe I'm being paranoid but... rich people didn't do anything without a profit..." she hoped Rhystlin would hear her doubt and took care of them. In any case, she trusted completely the girl at her side and wouldn't leave her alone.

Secrets of Foresight

Old May 11, 2015, 10:17 AM   #45
Rhystlin
Hero

Rhystlin listened to Diamea's concerns as she checked the straps on her own horse and nodded her head. "It is odd, isn't it?" she agreed. All this time a ruin, and on a single brightening two parties meet to secure the land. The situation had crossed her mind, certainly. But she felt that Diamea might be hinting at another concern. "Are you afraid they might attack us on the road?" She would be sure to keep an eye out no matter what Diamea's answer was.

"It may only be a few candlemarks back to Nexus Prime," she said to the others, "But it will likely be dark soon. Keep your eyes open. Don't assume we're home free yet."

Just to be on the safe side.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: