Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > United Arium Directorate

Old March 16, 2015, 11:53 AM   #16
Rhystlin
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero
Rhys unsheathed her sword and set about cutting away at some of the overgrowth, looking through some of the rubble and ruins to see if there was anything of note around.

With the others, she'd attempt to cover as much land as possible to see if anything or anyone had made its home here, but so far it just seemed like the area was completely empty. Maybe they could make their sweep within a few candlemarks and send for the guilds to come in. It would just be some razed buildings and homes and then the rest would be farmland anyway, so there couldn't be much of interest left for the looters by now, surely.
Rhystlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2015, 01:57 PM   #17
Martellus
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Martellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious Superhero
Chuckling? Oh, Tarin was all about that chuckling business now, wasn't he? That... that... arrogant ruthless antagonising pestilential siren-fething cabbit-kicking kitten-strangling pernicious shoulder-touching reprobate dainty-faced bastard!

Ah... ahem... by that, Marty of course meant... respectable and valued team-mate. So nice to have Tarin here, and so nice of him to be offering to join the group. Just a little... teeny tiny bit of a shame that he... had to insist on chatting up Rhystlin. Marty was fine. Really. It... wasn't lost on him that if he could've seen himself like this in the past, he'd have laughed at his nausea-inducing internal conflict. It was a rather sickening sociobiological and relational complex that Marty wanted to simultaneously own and disown. Deal with Mileswick first, horrible fiddly emotions could wait.

Since Martellus didn't see much in his flyover, he would drop down and dump his speed, talons alighting back on Telath while he drew his sword. Then he'd get to looking about in the village, from the ground, instead. On the way down he'd stayed mindful of his companions' positions and the shouting-distance rule. Hopefully, if the view from above wasn't going to offer much in the way of detail, then a surface view would. He didn't expect anyone to be hanging around this place, though he considered there may be the odd squatter about. He watched his back; it would be bad to be ambushed in such an isolated place now that he landed.

Since he wasn't seeing anything unusual among the ruins, he decided to look instead at the buildings themselves. There had to be some sort of big, once-important looking ruins? Maybe some of them had basements? He'd be focusing on the destroyed structures for now. He tried to stay in sight of at least one of his group members while he was at it.

Last edited by Martellus; March 17, 2015 at 01:48 PM.
Martellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2015, 04:40 PM   #18
Tarin Bloodgrave
Adventurer

Tarin Bloodgrave is a benevolent Adventurer
OOCLies! No kittens were harmed in the making of this mercenary.

Well at least nothing wanted to kill them. Unfortunately, all there seemed to be was a bunch of ruins. There would be a lot of work to do before this village would be up and running. Following his friend's lead, he started cutting back the brush, hoping to find something, anything. Well, anything not hostile. Maybe loot or materials they could salvage.

"This place doesn't seem to have much," he called to their fearless leader. "At least, not that I'm finding yet. Anyone else having better luck?"

Troubled past
Unknown future
Tarin Bloodgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2015, 04:48 PM   #19
Diamea
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero
"There isn't a lot left to look around..." thought Diamea looking around the ruined city, she had to ask Rhystlin why the city was destroyed. Really, there was nothing, and her companions seemed in the same situation "No better luck..." she shouted back at Tarin; Diamea continued to look around even if there wasn't nothing that seemed to catch her eyes... she was starting to think that adventure would be for another time.

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor(s)!!! <3
Diamea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2015, 06:31 AM   #20
Gravity
Not just a good idea...

Gravity is a benevolent AdventurerGravity is a benevolent Adventurer
The group was thorough, at least as thorough as you can be, given that the place was pretty much deserted. Comb the place as they might, they would find nothing but ruins, ash and overgrowth, the bodies of the fallen having already rotted to little more than bone, being exposed to the elements and creatures for so long. A light scent of decomposition was still hanging in the air as they ventured deeper into the scene, where broken tools and weapons sporadically laid around. Mileswick was silent, and the group was completely alone.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2015, 12:49 AM   #21
Tarin Bloodgrave
Adventurer

As Tarin continued to search, he collected whatever weapons and tools could likely be reforged or melted down for materials. The silence was nearly deafening, and he became keenly aware of how alone they were.

"Doesn't seem to be much to secure," he said flatly. "There are more skeletons than living souls. I have seen more cheer in a graveyard." He couldn't put it into words, but something about the place had him on edge. Maybe it was just that he hadn't expected there to be so little of use.

Troubled past
Unknown future
Old March 29, 2015, 01:37 PM   #22
Rhystlin
Hero

Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero
Once the group had determined that Mileswick was entirely empty, Rhys called the 3 of them back to her and sheathed her sword once more. "It would seem there was no need for all of you, but I'm glad you came. It was better to be safe than to risk someone getting hurt." She had expected worse, but it was good that there wasn't danger around every single turn.

"Given how open this place is, I doubt that there's much that could move in here before we return. But I'll make sure we send a team in with the guild members in order to keep this place secured and protected. Myach and I will be part of that. We've determined that it should be our new home here as soon as we come in with the builders and we have some sort of living space set up." She smiled.

"This is where our story begins, I think. In time, this will be our home - or at least it will be open to you, if you wish to make it one of your homes. Whatever it is to you, we have the chance to make it what we want it to be.

"If you're interested in joining this company, you're welcome to be a part of the initial stages. Once this headquarters is up, we'll be able to start working as a real company."

With that, they'd prepare to head back to Nexus Prime. She would send word to Faust upon their arrival, and then help get the builders back to Mileswick safely. From there, it would be laborious work, but most certainly work that Rhys would be happy to perform.

Last edited by Rhystlin; April 5, 2015 at 09:44 PM.
Old March 29, 2015, 01:49 PM   #23
Diamea
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero
Clearly there wasn't nothing to secure, only broken things and bones, but Diamea didn't like the place, that light scent of decomposition, made her feel uneasy. "I'm starting to not like this place..." she said looking around when she was closer to Rhystlin, then her de-facto captain reassumed all that will happen in the next days/months "I think it will become one of my house..." nodded Diamea "... and count me in for the company."

oocNo problem, even if I don't trust Gravity, there could be a last twist! d:-b

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor(s)!!! <3

Last edited by Diamea; March 29, 2015 at 03:32 PM.
Diamea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2015, 10:49 AM   #24
Tarin Bloodgrave
Adventurer

Tarin returned at Rhystlin's call, taking in her plan. He would certainly sign on with the company, and make this place a second home if possible.

"I'll join you for rebuilding if you wish," he told her. "And of course for the company itself. Besides, why not get familiar with the headquarters as it's being built?"

Troubled past
Unknown future
Old April 1, 2015, 02:17 PM   #25
Gravity
Not just a good idea...

*This post was premature, ignore it*

Last edited by Gravity; April 2, 2015 at 07:54 AM.
Old April 5, 2015, 10:22 PM   #26
Martellus
Luminary

Martellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious SuperheroMartellus is a glorious Superhero
OoC I'm sorry for the wait. Struggling to keep up with stuff; I will try to do better.

Nothing. Not on the surface of the visible, at least. The town was simply abandoned; and if there was anything unusual around, it was hidden. Rhystlin recalled the three of them, and Marty joined them.

"It's never this easy," Martellus muttered solemnly. "Telath has some... cruel rule. You surely can't just benefit from good fortune without having to risk life and limb for it." He felt they hadn't examined this place as well as they could, but he couldn't come up with a solution to his worry.

He decided that Diamea shared his concerns. "I hear you," he told her, nodding. The simple fact of the matter was that it was just too quiet. Did it make sense that this abandoned town was quiet? Of course! But this was an intuitive feeling, and there was no making it go away.

He was still not swept along in their leader's optimism; maybe some giant scary thing would pop out and try to eat them right as they turned to leave? Who knows! But since they couldn't actually see now that anything spooky was going on here, he would have to resign and follow.

"I will make this place my home, as I have none." He didn't want to leave all the rebuilding to those Rhystlin planned to call in. "I also wish to assist in the renovation of Milewick if possible; if I'm to live here... this is as vital a development for me as it is to you, and I would like to have a hand in it." And also because he simply wanted to help where possible.

Martellus took another look around. Rhystlin intended to take them back to Nexus Prime to bring over the builders now, but he couldn't shake that feeling. He had always been a cautious Dracon, and this silent place struck all kinds of nope with him.

Last edited by Martellus; April 5, 2015 at 10:30 PM.
Old April 8, 2015, 04:04 AM   #27
Gravity
Not just a good idea...

Doubt as they may, the place itself didn't present any immediate danger, and the quietness they were experiencing wasn't perturbed in any sense. At least, for everyone but Martellus. The Call was to be felt by him, announcing the incoming of a handful of Dracons their way, all of them airborne, and still a fair bit away from their current location. That was all the information he could gather from his innate ability, and it would be up to him whether to share that information with the group.

The decomposition around them would start to become nauseating: it was clear that the area was to be properly cleansed and the bodies buried or cremated before they could begin rebuilding the farming town anew. The fields were completely destroyed, and most of the soil seemed like there wouldn't be much growing from it anytime soon. If they were to take over the town, it would take some serious effort to rebuild it, with no guarantee of refund for the investment.
Old April 8, 2015, 10:14 AM   #28
Martellus
Luminary

"I knew it," Marty hissed. An odd case where he was not happy to see a group of scalebrothers.

Of course he'd tell them about the approaching Dracons. He was a loyal little scaly. "There's a bunch of Dracons inbound. Diantar, they are flying in. Quite a distance away but they're steadily approaching." He looked from Tarin to Diamea, to linger on Rhystlin. "They are going to know I'm here, but you lot still have the chance to hide out of sight. I don't know if they are going to be trouble, but I would like to talk to them."

He truly hoped this wouldn't end in bloodshed... there were few enough Dracons in this empire already. But brigands were brigands regardless of race, that he knew. Were these Dracons hostile? Maybe, maybe not. He couldn't know. But he was aware that not all of his race were like him; there was a subset of Dracons with bitterness against light races, so better safe than sorry.

Whether or not the others agreed to stay out of sight for now, Martellus would stand and wait. It wasn't every brightening he met a group of Dracons, and he was curious to see what they wanted in this dead place.

Last edited by Martellus; April 8, 2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old April 8, 2015, 11:05 AM   #29
Rhystlin
Hero

Rhystlin was surprised at Marty's "I knew it!", having been unaware of his or Diamea's suspicions during the remainder of their search. She turned her full attention on the dracon as he explained what it was he sensed incoming. She shook her head.

"That's... odd. What would a group of Diantar want with this place?" Even passing through, it seemed odd for a group of dracon to be roaming Arium. She trusted her companion's unrest, however, and nodded her head to him. If anyone had a chance of conversing with them peacefully, it was Marty.

She turned to the others. "Find a place closeby to hide. Stay low and listen. I'll call out if we need help, or if it's safe to come back out. I'll stay with Marty, just to make sure someone's nearby." She didn't trust leaving him alone to be surrounded by a group of dracon, but it would help to have a few of them hidden from sight in case worst came to worst.
Old April 8, 2015, 12:14 PM   #30
Tarin Bloodgrave
Adventurer

More dracons? That couldn't just be coincidence. Could it? Part of Tarin couldn't help feeling a massive NOPE coming on at this new development. He thought Rhys was slightly crazy for telling everyone to hide, but at least he could probably get a couple shots off quickly if things went bad. Loading his crossbow and maintaining a light focus on his magic, he took a position behind some rubble that would give him a clear shot, while keeping him concealed.

"Just give the word."

Troubled past
Unknown future

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: