Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > United Arium Directorate

Old January 9, 2015, 03:43 PM   #1
Rickith Lanza

Notable

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Rickith Lanza is an upstanding Citizen
[Sancta Nova] Clockworks and Alchemy Galore

Shop bought in this thread: Sancta Nova Town Hall

Clockworks and Alchemy Galore

It was a meager shop, with only one room, large enough to hold a few counters, a bed if he so chose, and perhaps an area to craft his gadgets. Set up within it was a telescope, a clock, a tree trimmer, and a bicycle that he had created in order to sell. He was also taking commissions for new inventions to be created. The door had finally been fixed, and he had had very little business until now, hopefully since the Xetan conflict was all but finished, the business would pick up in his tiny little shop.

One counter within the room that he happened to be within, he stood behind tinkering with the clock, making it's time tick properly again as it had been some time before he had given it a proper look over. Waiting for any customers that might come in, the youthful man looked towards the dooway, and patiently awaited to see if anyone would come in. If they did, he'd greet them with a proper "Serale," and followed by a, "How can I assist you today? Commissions? Anything in here of interest to you?" With that, he'd wave a hand towards the variety of small gadgets that he happened to have already created for others to peruse.

The alchemical portion of his shop had yet to be set up, but it was getting there, once he had gathered enough of the necessary equipment and supplies to begin making a variety of potions, tonics, and other such alchemical conjures...

OOCBusiness Level: Copper
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go. Let it go" - Linkin Park, Iridescent
Status: In the process of moving to my grandpa's with my husband, posting will be slow, many apologies to the people i'm in threads with. After October 5th it should return to normal speeds.
Rickith Lanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2015, 04:15 AM   #2
Razumikhin Neculai
Legend

Wealth Tier: Steel
Razumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious Superhero
TS: Melora, Winter of Era XXII

Making money was, Razumikhin had started to realise, basically selling something for more than you originally paid for it, either with coin or labour. This insight (it was no doubt only common sense for many others) had sparked a train of thoughts that after a very nice journey (the sights had been especially worthwhile) had arrived at the brilliant idea of selling something worthless at a premium price.

Entering the small shop, Razu gave it a good look before stepping up to the counter. He was wearing his daily outfit that consisted of a simple white shirt, brown trousers, warm leather boots, a coat, and a grey cloak, and smiled as he approached Rickith. "Serale to you too, my good fellow," he replied, cordially. "I was hoping you could help me with the following."

"I am looking to buy an assortment of potions, which do or do not have any effect on the person drinking them." He paused, trying to figure out how to explain what he wanted without being too obvious about his own motivations. "What I require is a significant number of flasks or vials, holding liquids in multiple colours. Depending on your prices, they are to contain either active ingredients or just be captivating in appearance or smell."

The trick would be to convince people to buy these potions from him, and most of that would depend on his ability to persuade them that they were buying something magical. This would be the easiest if it were true, to a certain extent, but he could always fall back on something that appeared to be magical instead.
Razumikhin Neculai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2015, 10:02 AM   #3
Rickith Lanza

Notable

"Serale to you as well, my good sire," stated Rickith as he looked towards the man. "My name is Rickith Lanza, at your service. What is your name?" he then asked, after the man had explained what all he happened to be looking for. Thinking on it for a moment, he then stated, "I could create a few potions for you, though it would take a few days while I gather ingredients. I unfortunately only have a few ingredients on hand for some stink bomb concoctions. I'm still working on my connections in this city in order to procure certain ingredients i'll need to be working on alchemical practices. But if you give me two or three days, i'll be certain to have what you are looking for..."

Hopefully his answer was satisfactory. He could probably make a few strength and agility potions with his alchemy skills, that he could sell the man, or even some more stink bomb concoctions...
Status: In the process of moving to my grandpa's with my husband, posting will be slow, many apologies to the people i'm in threads with. After October 5th it should return to normal speeds.
Old January 29, 2015, 10:25 AM   #4
Razumikhin Neculai
Legend

Razumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious Superhero
"The name's Rusty," said Razumikhin, using the name he most often used ever since he'd developed the habit of providing false names whenever he was making preparations for a scam. He nodded as he listened to what Rickith had on offer, wondering whether it would suit his needs. Stink bombs wouldn't serve his current purpose, but they sounded like a great deal of fun and would perhaps prove useful on some other occasion.

"I think I will need a total of fifty potions," he continued, thoughfully. "I'd need ten potions with active ingredients - perhaps somehow enhancing the drinker in his or her abilities. In addition I'd like to buy forty vials that look and smell similar to the active ones, for... decorative purposes." With a few potions that worked, he'd be able to convince people they were the real thing, before selling them a dud. "I'd like to try three of your stink bombs as well."

Last edited by Razumikhin Neculai; July 9, 2015 at 03:42 AM.
Old July 9, 2015, 04:38 AM   #5
Rickith Lanza

Notable

"That sounds doable to me," stated Rickith. "As for my stink bombs, I actually have three on-hand right now, if you'd like to purchase those right away?" asked Rickith, looking towards the man named Rusty, thinking nothing of the name, whether it was real or fake. He did wonder why the man would need ten potions with active, but fourty unactive, then again it wasn't his business to ask. "How much do you feel a stink bomb that sticks all over everyone, and doesn't wash off at all is worth?" he asked him.

"I was setting a price at two hundred gold crowns for those, possibly more if I have to go back into the deadwoods to get more deadoak sap," he said. "I'd have to contact a druid friend of mine to assist in retrieval of the sap that's utilized to make the sticky stink bombs, and it's not very easy and more dangerous to come by..."
Old July 9, 2015, 05:50 AM   #6
Razumikhin Neculai
Legend

"Hmmmm," said Razu, trying to figure out whether he'd be able to afford the order. Perhaps it was better to simplify the matter, and let the alchemist know what his budget was. It might decrease the scale of his project, and therewith his profits, but it would be better than nothing. The idea was still solid.

He smiled, almost apologetically. He was not a wealthy individual (not yet). "My budget is somewhat limitedSterling wealth level, I'm afraid. How many potions could you provide me with, taking the stink bombs into account? I'd say they're certainly worth a reasonableAgain, Sterling level sum." Even with a handful of potions, he should be able to sell the fake ones at a margin.
Old July 9, 2015, 06:59 AM   #7
Pescado Branch

Saurid Shaman

Pescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious Superhero
oops!
"Remember Us"
Avatar thanks to it's respective artist.
Pescado Branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9, 2015, 07:00 AM   #8
Rickith Lanza

Notable

"Let's say the potions with active ingredients would go for probably 20 bronze swords, whilst the potions that are colored and made to look the same would go for anywhere from 2-5 bronze swords a piece?" he suggested. "I can bring the price of the stink bombs down to as low as 1 silver shield and fifty bronze swords a piece right now, but that's as low as i'll go with those?" Definitely as low as he would go, almost getting killed procuring the supplies for those was not his idea of a fun time.

Last edited by Rickith Lanza; July 9, 2015 at 07:56 AM.
Old July 9, 2015, 08:35 AM   #9
Razumikhin Neculai
Legend

Adding and multiplying, Razu took a moment and then produced a small pouch from an inside pocket of his coat. He checked the content, before patting several pockets in his trousers and coat. Another handful of coins, primarily bronze swords, was thus collected, and the young swindler smiled. There was enough to get started, at least. He could always come back once the first sales had been made.

"That sounds fair," he said, believing it to be something that a business savvy person would say. "I'll take five potions in that case, fifteen vials of coloured liquid, and one stink bomb. The rest will have to wait until I get my wages." Waiting tables at a tavern did not really allow for luxury, which was exactly why Razu wanted to make some money on the side.

He slowly placed three silvers on the counter, as if saying goodbye to each individual coin. It was an investment, he knew, but that didn't make it any easier. With the final coin clicking on the wood, he suddenly remembered what Rickith had said about supplies. "Do you ever require assistance in gathering ingredients? I travel around quite a bit and might be able to assist."
Old July 9, 2015, 11:37 AM   #10
Rickith Lanza

Notable

"I do require a bit of assistance with ingredients gathering. If you were to help me out, finding herbs, and items to put into the potions and such to activate them, I'd certainly give you a huge discount to each of the potions, up to fifty percent off. Especially if you were to have a druid friend that could join us to the deadwoods for the deadwood oak sap. That in and of itself is crucial to the sticky stink bomb, and is utilized to make the stink bomb stick forever to it's target, so as to cause an even lengthier amount of disorientation..." stated Rickith as he looked towards Rusty.

"It will take a bit of time to collect the ingredients for the potions, but once I have them it should only take about two to three days of experimentation with them to create the potions you are looking for... As for the stink bomb, I'll get that for you right away..."

He then went to rummage through a satchel sitting on the desk behind him, and brought out a vial of viscous black liquid. Carefully handing it over to Rusty, he'd say, "Be sure not to drop it or squeeze it too hard, the vial is fairly delicate and can break very easily..."
Old July 10, 2015, 10:12 AM   #11
Razumikhin Neculai
Legend

"I'm afraid I don't have a druid friend, but if you tell me what you need I can keep an eye out." Although Razu knew a druid, he would not go as far as to call her a friend. Sure, they had gone through a rough time together, and that had certainly formed some sort of bond, but other than that he knew very little about Igrainne. "If I find any of your ingredients I can bring them here, if you wish."

He accepted the delicate vial and wrapped it into a cloth before putting it in his satchel. "I'll return for the potions in a cycle. That should give you enough time, right?" If the answer was affirmative, the swindler would wish Rickith a good afternoon, and come back after ten brightenings.

He'd greet Rickith when entering the shop, and refer to their earlier conversation. "Did you manage everything, master Lanza?"

NBSince this thread is Grandfathered, I don't think we can turn it into an adventure. However, I'd be happy to set up something for the current season.
Old July 14, 2015, 06:44 PM   #12
Rickith Lanza

Notable

Rickith had managed to procure the necessary goods, and made the potions the hard way. A fire pit, a cauldron, and some very hard and calculated work. It did take the better part of a cycle to finish the one's he wanted, but he finally gave the man five potions each colored red, but had a black cap on top of the vial. The potions with a white cap on top of the vial were each colored red as well, and there were fifteen of them. "The black capped potions are Speed potions, whilst the white capped potions are just colored water..." he explained, looking towards Rusty.

"I hope that satisfies your needs?" he then asked the man.

OOCI'd love to do something this season, permitted this transaction is approved? Should we seek a mod approval of it?
Old July 15, 2015, 05:30 AM   #13
Razumikhin Neculai
Legend

"Thank you kindly," said Razu as he accepted the potions and carefully stowed them away. "Could you explain what result they have when ingested?" They were not as many as he'd hoped, but he would still be able to sell three fake potions for every genuine one. He could subsequently invest the profit he'd make with these transaction into another batch, or another scheme.

"I'll be sure to seek you out if I come across some alchemical ingredients." Razu was planning to travel southwards soon, but knew that there was a good chance that he'd come back north later on. He was still intent on making the journey to Ieffreon, blockade or no blockade.

"Have a good brightening!" With that, the swindler turned and left the shop, ideas of how and where to sell the potions going through his mind already. He would need some kind of market stand, for a brightening, and a good disguise.

OOCAs long as my PCs wealth level supports such a purchase, we don't need approval. It's not as precise as it was in the old days. I'll send you a PM regarding an adventure in Era XXII

Last edited by Razumikhin Neculai; July 15, 2015 at 08:14 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: