Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > District of Maeve

Old December 26, 2020, 07:37 PM   #226
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero
Not so much a bad idea so much as a witch's idea, and the Jorelite was definitely such a witch! With all her witchcraft and her cauldrons and such.

"It's not a very common fruit, to be sure," Anna explained, thinking about it a bit. "Maybe it's just a 'me' thing, I recall that there was this Kemite trader where I grew up who always had them in his little fruit stand. I guess I don't really know where he got them. But they were this fruit that," she'd form an approximate oval-ish shape with her hands, "they'd be about this size, and it was orange inside? Quite sweet, and he had different kinds, too. Some were soft and pulpy, others were more firm, it really was quite the interesting fruit."

Sometimes it could be hard to remember that Anna was from the future.

"Well, even if I don't get to make a mango pie anytime soon, there's plenty of other less common fruits you find in pies that I can try, right?" Not that Anna was that committed to becoming a pie-baking fiend, but it seemed like an interesting enough side project to potentially chase after! Or perhaps just a nice idea for that baking competition idea. 'Uncommon' pies, or something like that!

"You'd all be... willing... to taste test for me, right?" Anna asked, peering at her two Lovers. It felt like the question hadn't needed to be spoken, but now that this idea was starting to settle into something more concrete, it was always nice to ask as opposed to springing it as a surprise.

Indefinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2020, 12:12 AM   #227
Éclair Mainesthai
Mister Jorel's Girl

Wealth Tier: Steel
Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai
Not common?
Understandable, given that,
There wasn’t all that many places that Éclair hadn’t travelled in the last couple decades,
And given her penchant for seeking out sweet and sugary morsels such as fruit? T’was dreadfully curious now as to what a Mango was and where they came from,
Kemite?
That narrowed it down to Lauryl,
But also managed to make Éclair all that much more confused,
Given that she’d grown up in High Peak and well, for all that she tried to avoid drawing attention to that reality outside Anna and Melissa’s company? Éclair had never really thought of many kinds of fruits that she liked from what had once been Zinn Sunn besides cherries and plums,
”Sooo… an orange that isn’t an orange?
Weeeeird.” Éclair drawled, failing to even consider that the fruit,
Might not even be something that existed in the Present, and was the result of some Druidess being a little experimental or that it’d come from overseas and beyond or - just as likely, just one of the places Éclair had spent very little time in such as Eunesia,
“As if you had to ask?” Éclair countered,
All dimples and cheer as she nodded happily,
“I mean, have you ever cooked anything that I haven’t been willing to try Love?” Some things simply didn’t need to be asked. That Éclair had even been willing to try fish had been purely because rejecting anything Her Sweetheart caught in their fishing trips had struck the Jorelite as being anathema to everything she stood for.
Éclair Mainesthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2020, 03:50 AM   #228
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero
Well, just because a Kemite had gotten their hands on it, didn't mean that it had to have come from Lauryl. Besides, just look at Lauryl these days - not a single Kemite to be found! Who knew where the Kemite from Anna's time might have come from, whether the fruits were ones that he himself procured or whether he'd traded for them such that they'd wound up at his fruit stand?

The source of the mango remained a mystery. Even if Éclair failed to account for the myriad possibilities, it wasn't as if Anna was likely to have much more luck in actually figuring it out!

"Not exactly, the only similarity is really the color," Anna continued to try to explain. "There's not a peel so much as a skin, and it's not a citrus fruit like a lemon or a lime..." Ehhhhh. Anna felt like it'd be best to just leave it there, considering there was really only so much that could be conveyed through words alone. One day, perhaps, they'd get their hands on a mango, and then Éclair would understand.

Melissa? Nodding along, at least, to the sentiment that taste-testing was something the Lovers were always up for.

"Shall we call it here for now, so that they can clean up?" If they wanted to talk, they could always do it back in their room, after all. The apple pies were long since consumed, and honey mead was something that could easily be taken back with them, after all.

Old December 27, 2020, 06:28 PM   #229
Éclair Mainesthai
Mister Jorel's Girl

Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai
“An orange that is orange but doesn’t taste like an orange or feel like an orange.”
Thoughtful, which, was quite a long way of saying that the mango really wasn’t an orange in any real measure of Importance,
Wait, no having to deal with the peel?
So did that mean the mango had a squishy outside you ate,
Like a grape or an apple, or was it something else altogether?!
Curious!
But until she had one in hand?
It was to be an object of Myth much like Pomegranates,
Aware that they were a Thing and apparently yummy, but had yet to actually find anyone that could provide a source of them. Telath, a massive place and try as Éclair might in her wanderings, there was a great many Sweets & Treats that had managed to escape her thus far,
Polishing off the last of her pie,
There was a fond smile thrown Anna’s way,
Mulling over the Honey Mead like an old friend, and in no hurry to drain the mug with haste. No, t’was in their Home and t’was no hurries! Could simply bask and enjoy the delicious syrup that warmed her so,
”Sure! I mean, has been a long day,
Happy to call it!” Éclair beamed, pushing the plate before her forwards,
And nursing her Honey Mead in both hands as she rose,
Old December 27, 2020, 10:36 PM   #230
Indefinite
Foreboden!

"Mmhmm," Anna acquiesced, wisdom dictating that this was the best place to simply concur. And while a pomegranate at least had some mythical artifact belonging to some god or other that took the form of the fruit, the mango didn't have any similar counterpart, alas. If Éclair wanted to know what a pomegranate was like, all she had to do was pilfer the First Fruit from Materna, or at least a bit of it. If she wanted to know what a mango was like, though? No, that truly was going to remain a legend for now, it seemed.

Tracking down something like that was definitely more difficult than stealing an artifact from a planetar.

But that, too, might have been an interesting initiative to consider? Mainesthai Enterprises, dedicated to finding exotic ingredients and foodstuffs that the Jorelite could try stuffing her face with.

A discussion for the Bedroom, perhaps? With their meal concluded, the kitchen staff would bow and curtsy politely as the Temperance Triad absconded from the scene before beginning to clean the table after them. Honey mead in hand, bellies full of the wonderful meal that Applebloom had provided, there wouldn't be anything along the way to delay their arrival.

"What sort of pie might go best with honey mead?" Melissa brought up along the way, striking up more idle conversation.

Old December 28, 2020, 02:21 AM   #231
Éclair Mainesthai
Mister Jorel's Girl

“Thanking you!”
As ever appreciative, courteous,
To those within the Kitchen and helped make Temperance,
The place that she could well and truly call Home with Melissa and Anna!
Plus, had Honey Mead,
And it always paid to be appreciative there,
Lest someone decide to try to cut her off and restrict access to the beverage of choice that helped make Éclair such a malleable soul,
”Uh, dessert pies definitely!”
Certain of that as she sipped upon her Mug,
The crook of her arm habitually bending,
So that even as she nursed the Mug, that she was available to be claimed by Her Lovers,
If nothing else, a potential guiding hand to stop Éclair from being too readily distracted or, at times depending on how much she drank, wobbly,
Today? Sober!
Tomorrow? Who knew!
”I mean, it’s basically just alcoholic honey by the time I get to it,
So creme, lemon, lime, most fruits I imagine like blueberry and strawberry and blackberry… apple would probably go pretty well too?” Éclair rambled happily, “If something goes with honey in other desserts, then I’m positive it’d be quite lovely in a Pie!”
“So what about you Love,
What kind of Fashion did you have in mind anyway?”
That as someone who tended to largely favour skirts and stockings,
There was a curious look thrown Meli’s way. Deviations outside that in her wardrobe had almost entirely been at Melissa’s hand or simple Loot that had found its’ way to her through one method or another.
Old December 28, 2020, 03:29 AM   #232
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Arm provided? Arm claimed. The predilection for honey mead was well known by now, after all, and even if it had yet to impair Éclair's ability to maneuver on her own? Well, if the Jorelite got too into it... wouldn't want her smacking into a wall or running into anything. For one, well, that'd obviously be bad for her. For two, though, she'd also probably spill the honey mead, and that'd perhaps be even worse! And three, well, having arms linked like this was just nice, too. Thusly did Anna and Melissa make sure to guide Éclair back safely!

"Well!" Melissa exclaimed, letting out a huff of air, "There's a lot to do with the topic at hand. It's the same problem as going with something as broad as 'baking', after all, there's just so many potential avenues to take this down!" Just as there were so many things that could be baked, so too were there so many articles of clothing, so many designs of fashion!

"Do you think you'll just try to go for a certain kind of style of fashion, or specific articles of clothing, maybe?" Anna offered in an attempt to help Melissa narrow it down.

"I imagine it's rather difficult to just judge individual articles of clothing without at least providing some manner of theme," Melissa mused. "If you were to simply tell people, go forth and bring me garters, who knows how they would interpret that? How would they know what you even might be looking for? So some sort of style or theme would undoubtedly be necessary, at least to serve as a foundation for them to work upon..."

There would be a bit of thinking out loud from the Countess, talking about all sorts of fashion trends that were popular at the moment in the courts and the bustling cities nearby, pretty much all of which went right over the heads of her Lovers. Who knew there was such a complicated world out there beyond skirts and stockings? It was enough to get them back to the Bedroom, returning even as Melissa bemoaned the growing popularity of corsets that seemed determined to squeeze the very life out of you.

"Maybe some sort of theme that would try to set a trend that moves away from things you don't like?" Anna half-teased, half-suggested. "Like light airy clothes that are easy to move around in?"

"...hm!" That didn't seem too bad an idea, actually. "Perhaps we could even say that as the judges, they'd need to make an outfit for us to try on?"

Old December 28, 2020, 11:57 PM   #233
Éclair Mainesthai
Mister Jorel's Girl

Nod, nodnod!
That Éclair’s knowledge of Fashion,
Was about as extensive as Baking - i.e., she enjoyed the Rewards but had no concept at all how to Create; and content to throw the conversation Melissa’s way as now?
Well, who knew what tid-bits Her Lovers might offer up,
That Éclair would have heard and acknowledged, but never really considered,
As something Important in the context of asking the pair to Marry Her! How many times had she been told their favourite flowers or colours and it’d just been… Talk, how often had Éclair allowed the banter to surround her without actually taking it to heart as much as she could have, should have?
Doing Right by Her Anna and Melissa,
Was, t’was more than just popping the Question as far as Éclair was concerned,
Humming softly as she sipped,
Upon her Honey Mead, cheeks rosy with alcohol as much as the company she kept,
Quietly of an opinion that Corsets? The effect quite welcome to look upon, but Éclair was a big believer in breathing too. The style was lovely, even if the rib-crushing was something the Jorelite quite felt she could do without,
”It’s certainly one way to make sure,
Anything like corsets can be ignored in favour of an alternative?”
Éclair pipped in, “Then you end up with regional fashions so if you want to,
You can simply say ‘No, this is how things are done around here!’ or the like. And it’d be rude for others to comment against it, like poking fun at Kemite or Elvish stylings,”
”Loot! I mean, definitely,
Though, it would mean putting our measurements out there,
And not indulging to the point where well, the clothing doesn’t fit too which would be a little embarrassing…”
Old December 29, 2020, 02:07 AM   #234
Indefinite
Foreboden!

There were definitely some issues with the idea of the clothes specifically being made for them. On the one hand, of course, free clothes! On the other hand? The matter of the measurements, which could obviously do some harm if it landed in the wrong hands. Never underestimate the pettiness of nobles, after all.

"Well, to be fair, that's true of clothes in general, not just the ones you'd get from the competition," the Countess pointed out. Wardrobes in general suffered when the owner over-indulged, and suddenly nothing fit. At least, any clothes designed in such a way that they didn't compensate for a bit of 'gain' or 'loss' which, truth be told, just probably wasn't a very good approach for clothes to begin with? There was always bound to be some natural fluctuation, unless the person in question was a bit of an obsessive nut.

Which, unfortunately, could be applied to a fair number of people. Luckily, Melissa was not one of them, if only after she'd met Éclair.

Bedroom! Flump. With the Countess likely having plenty to think about in front of her, for the time being, she was content to just hop into the bed, stretch herself out, and sigh happily as she sunk into it. "I do admit to quite liking the idea that, on a whim... I could dictate what the new trend in Temperance would be. Like I could say... my favorite color is in, and all of a sudden it's being used everywhere, right? What a fascinating concept. What an intriguing power to hold!"

"Try not to let it get to your head," Anna noted amusingly, sitting on the edge of the bed as she grinned. "You've not even gotten to that point yet!" A glance was shot at Éclair, still all smiles. "Go on, tell her how bad it is to be thinking of corrupting a system that's not even in place yet!"

Old January 1, 2021, 06:43 AM   #235
Éclair Mainesthai
Mister Jorel's Girl

“Well yes,” Éclair agreed,
“But it’d be kind of mean creating criteria,
Where we’d be potentially wearing them, only then they weren’t able to,” she went on with a wry smile, quite aware that while Melissa might have filled out as well over the Era’s? Éclair was the greatest offender out of the three of them for weight fluctuations,
Mostly though, it seemed poor,
To judge a garment on how it fit, and well,
If it was a good design and fit poorly then ugh!
And what if someone was sloppy and made a poor fit, but well, as a side effect of one cake or pastry or another, now it fit when it shouldn’t have?
Bedroom!
Laughing as Melissa dropped to the bed,
And oh so tempted to follow suit but for the remainder of her own mug of Honey Mead,
Restraint,
While not coming easily,
Did at least come into play when Éclair knew,
Neither of Her Lovers would appreciate a mattress soaked with mead just because she’d been clumsy (or, admittedly, having to console a very distraught Éclair for having lost said mead irreparably),
Perching on the end of the bed,
As she sipped, trying not to be too obvious with her amusement,
Over the kind of power Melissa was potentially able to wield, and well, it took all sorts! Magic was all well and good, but the kind Her Doll considered was far more Important in Éclair’s mind. She could Entropy almost Anything into Nothing, but actually getting people to do what she wanted? Much harder!
”Too late!” Éclair beamed at Anna,
“And before the System has been decided is the best time! Much harder than when Order’s started to get a hold of it!” Éclair laughed, evidently not the best advocate in the room there for avoiding Tinkering when Change could bring Improvements!
“I mean,
Unless you want to risk,
Being stuffed into a corset Love,
It might be in our best Interest to encourage some mild fashionista megalomania.”
Old January 1, 2021, 05:49 PM   #236
Indefinite
Foreboden!

There came a grimace at the mention of 'corset', suggesting that among the trio there would likely be no love lost should that particular garment be excluded forevermore from their wardrobes. There really were all sorts of strange things that the well-to-do came up with in the pursuit of high fashion, to a point where Anna might argue that they were just coming up with outlandish things just for the sake of appearing nouveau and being different, rather than as a matter of actual practicality or even proper aesthetic.

And frankly, Melissa was likely inclined to agree. She, after all, had spent a regrettable amount of her youth chasing after these whimsical notions, where people suffocated themselves in corsets or were at serious threat of heat stroke when wearing multi-layered outfits out in the sun, simply for bragging rights.

Small talk and chatter, further catching up, gradually began to give way to sleepiness and exhaustion. There was plenty left to do tomorrow, after all - if nothing else, today had been full of Éclair giving future-Éclair plenty to do! Food was eaten, bath was taken, honey mead was... well, finished at some point, presumably! What else was there besides Bed left?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: