Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Community > Support > Questions

Old March 1, 2019, 05:46 AM   #1
Richter Glendale
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Steel
Richter Glendale is an upstanding Citizen
Fluid Time Impact

If Richter gains end of thread experience in a thread that takes place before another, do I suddenly benefit from that experience once it is closed out in the "present?" How does that work for other rewards?

Another related question, I'm interested in getting a Riparian Warhound. Is this something I can simply purchase at my current wealth tier or would I need to RP acquiring one? Bottom line is I'd like to have an animal companion by the time I start this thread http://www.aelyria.com/forums/showth...07#post1940807.

Thanks in advance!

Current Posting Status: Intermittent
Richter Glendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2019, 06:49 AM   #2
Moss Oktra'rek
Son Of Markalin

Moss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter Glendale View Post
If Richter gains end of thread experience in a thread that takes place before another, do I suddenly benefit from that experience once it is closed out in the "present?" How does that work for other rewards?
The way I understand it, XP can be applied to any new thread that is started (in real time) after it is received, but not threads that you've already started, even if they're set later in time in the story...if that makes any sense.

So basically, once a thread starts, your PC's skills and abilities are locked in place from start to finish within that thread. XP from Thread A can't be applied to Thread B unless the latter is started after (in terms of real time) the former is finished. The same would apply to equipment or wealth gained in threads.

(I really do think I'm making this sound more complicated than it is! Luckily, I know nothing about Riparian Wolfhounds, so will let someone else answer that query!)

Competition: Win a month of Companionship here!
Moss Oktra'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2019, 09:42 PM   #3
Mimesis
Down the Rabbit Hole

Mimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious Superhero
^ What Moss said.

The riparian warhounds are a common breed, but at sterling you're still looking at more of a mutt than a pure-bred anything. That should be affordable without rp, though.

Check my Office for Carrots and Updates!
Thanks to Chary for the bunny! (x2)
Mimesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2019, 11:59 AM   #4
Richter Glendale
Adventurer

Richter Glendale is an upstanding Citizen
Thanks for the responses, that helps a lot. Since that’s the case on the warhound I think I’ll wait until I can afford a purebred.

Current Posting Status: Intermittent
Richter Glendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2019, 09:12 PM   #5
Mimesis
Down the Rabbit Hole

Mimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious Superhero
K. Just fyi that, as always, with RP you can try to acquire things that you don't necessarily have the funds for.

Check my Office for Carrots and Updates!
Thanks to Chary for the bunny! (x2)
Mimesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: