Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > Crown Province of Prime

Old January 15, 2020, 11:38 PM   #31
Phaedra Hemlock
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Phaedra Hemlock is an upstanding Citizen
Where would a cat be? Phaedra wondered. Cats were nocturnal, but slept a lot and thus could either be asleep or awake. If it was sleeping it would be lying on some soft thing, a sofa or perhaps the bed of its owner. If not, who knew where it would be?

Phaedra put the piece of fish she’d brought into the food dish, attempting to make only quiet noises but then again enough of a noise that a nearby hungry cat might recognize the sound of food hitting a bowl and come in for a snack. If that didn’t work, she would pick the fish back up and move towards the living room
Phaedra Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2020, 09:02 PM   #32
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero
The bait was put out. In went the fish. And now, to wait. A little bit of bustle to make some noise, to see if the cat might come.

How long to wait, exactly?

A little while, perhaps. Phaedra found that she was in luck. It seemed that the cat in particular possessed a bell of some kind, likely on its collar. Jingle jingle jingle, it came. Closer, closer.

It stopped. And somewhere in the darkness, from the direction of the kitchen - somewhere the light of her lantern had yet to reach - came a hissing.

Stranger danger!

Indefinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2020, 09:24 PM   #33
Phaedra Hemlock
Adventurer

Phaedra sank slowly down onto her heels, then settled until she was sitting on the floor near the food bowl. In her experience presenting a small silhouette sometimes helped with animals. She held her hand out as if it was holding something and said “kitty kitty kitty” is the quietest voice she thought the cat would be able to hear.

With her other hand, she casually moved the lantern so that a little more of the light was shining on her. She wanted the cat to see her, and see what a sweet harmless cether person she was.
Old January 24, 2020, 02:20 AM   #34
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero
The cat, it seemed, was not convinced.

Phaedra thought she could see its shadowy outline, although having the lantern more focused on herself did mean there was less for... well, everything else. It seemed to be pacing to and fro, although it was easy to lose the cat's form in the blur of the darkness beyond.

It let out another hiss. However, it did not move away from the area, nor did it approach Phaedra. The halfling, despite her best attempts to portray herself as a "safe" and "harmless" person, was nevertheless a stranger, after all. If only she were a cat shaman or something, this might have been a bit easier - although one imagined a cat shaman would not have taken up the quest in the first place.

At the moment, all she constituted was an obstacle between the cat and the food dish at best. The cat could see, after all, that Phaedra's hand was empty. Well, the important thing was perhaps that the cat was not making much of a racket, yowling loudly and running off. So there was at least that to be thankful for.

Old February 2, 2020, 08:15 PM   #35
Phaedra Hemlock
Adventurer

Phaedra blew air from her mouth, directing it upwards so that it lifted a lock of her hair. It was her preferred gesture of aggravation. She had hoped the cat would be spoiled and used to people as servants to give it things, but this cat had not learned such a personality.

She took the fish out of the bowl and held it out to the cat.

“Here kitty kitty kitty” she whispered.

She tried to flail her features into something that looked friendly.
Old February 4, 2020, 03:38 PM   #36
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Aha, now this was more like it. Phaedra had upgraded herself from "stranger" to "food bearer," which seemed to warm her up significantly more to the cat. That did not mean that it was friendly towards her, however - still hissing.

However, it slowly crept towards her, allowing Phaedra a bit more definition in regards to actually seeing it. Yes, based on what little she could see of it at the moment, it matched the description that had been provided. There was still some amount of nebulousness in the darkness, but there was nothing that might immediately make her think she had the wrong cat.

Even then, what was wrong with nabbing another cat skin?

For now, it approached, baring its teeth and hissing, but obviously enticed by the fishy treat that Phaedra provided.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: