Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Community > Support > Questions

Old January 29, 2019, 11:42 PM   #1
Roost Verynn
Citizen

Roost Verynn is a benevolent Adventurer
Finishing a Thread

Hi again everyone,

Just wondering what's required to close a thread? Lucretia and Roost just finished The Box, not sure what needs to happen now.

Lucretia's made some silvers and seduced two men, Roost's walked away with some sheepskin and killed two men. I assume a mod needs to approve the items acquired and XP earned?

Thanks for any help. Cheers
Old January 30, 2019, 12:36 AM   #2
Moss Oktra'rek
Legend

Wealth Tier: Steel
Moss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious Superhero
Yep, that's the general crux of it.

If you submitted a mod plan beforehand, you can unlock it and post in it to let the moderation team know that you're ready for them to assess it in case there's XP to be awarded.

If you didn't, you'll need to hit up a friendly mod, and make a mental note to make a mod plan for future threads that require moderation.

Competition: Win a month of Companionship here!
Moss Oktra'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2019, 02:13 AM   #3
Lucretia
Adventurer

Lucretia is an upstanding Citizen
So just cause I'm new..does everything need a mods approval? Cause in a diff thread we asked if an npc I brought in could be ran by the opposite player more or less and was told fine.

I just want to know for next time. Unless. These are different questions?
Lucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2019, 03:15 AM   #4
Moss Oktra'rek
Legend

Moss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious Superhero
Sort of.

Basically, if a PC is getting some kind of material gain, (fancy loot or money or XP), then a moderator needs to approve it.

But if it's just a social thread between two PCs that doesn't really involve outside characters/items, you don't usually need any kind of approval.

If in doubt, ask a moderator just so you know everything is above board.

Old January 30, 2019, 05:41 AM   #5
Cherjaine
Hero

Cherjaine is a benevolent AdventurerCherjaine is a benevolent Adventurer
From what I gathered so far.

Expositions: personal rantings that do not offer any advantage as it is just some roleplay background of your character. No XP, special items, ability unlock. No mods required.

Social: talk between two or more people that is like the exposition part. A social thread might upgrade to something more, than a mod-mod, peer-mod or collab-mod is needed.

For everything else: you want the thread to have a possibility to gain XP, rare items or ability unlock, someone need to mod it for you and prepare a peer mod plan unless they are mod mods.

IIRC: you can assume you can make common purchases within your wealth either in or out of threads. No permission required.
Old January 30, 2019, 07:16 AM   #6
Lucretia
Adventurer

Ok. Thank you.
Can anyone peer mod if a plan is made and someone wants to mod something they've set up?

Sorry for the questions I just want to make sure things are clear next time. I'm honestly not fussed about the xp this go around (too late anyways) but I'd like to finish the story/plot. Too well written not to.

Old January 30, 2019, 07:50 AM   #7
Calanon
HyperboliCal

Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero
Yes, anyone can peer mod.

You just submit a plan into the peermod desk , wait for it to be approved and away you go.

You've probably seen these already but just in case:

A Players' Guide to Moderation - Aelyria
A Guide to End of Thread Rewards - Aelyria

Muse is throwing a sickie. Please bear with and excuse my shoddy efforts in the meantime
CIR
Secrets
Calanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2019, 08:36 AM   #8
Roost Verynn
Citizen

Ok thanks everyone, neither of us made any kind of mod plan so I guess we’ll just have to skip over the XP this time. We kinda just winged it as we went lol, I’ll know better for next time.
Old January 30, 2019, 01:04 PM   #9
Moss Oktra'rek
Legend

Nah, there's no harm in having a moderator look over it and assess whether or not you've done enough to earn XP (or loot, etc) from your existing thread. Just shoulder tap one and ask nicely.

Old January 30, 2019, 03:10 PM   #10
Roost Verynn
Citizen

Thanks Moss, yeah maybe I will. I mean, what's the worst that happens? They tell me to sod off and I'm no less experienced than before. I assume you put up that request at the help desk?
Old January 30, 2019, 03:19 PM   #11
Moss Oktra'rek
Legend

Oops...it would have helped if I'd given you a link...!

Post in the Peer Moderation Desk.

The only threads you can see in there are the ones you've created, (so nobody can see anyone else's plots and schemes), so it'll appear empty when you go in there for the first time.

Old January 30, 2019, 10:39 PM   #12
Roost Verynn
Citizen

You're a gem mate, thanks
Old February 1, 2019, 07:38 PM   #13
Lucretia
Adventurer

I hope Roost doesn't mind me jacking his thread here, but...

is there like a template for a peer modded thread? Like the details and such that's needed-or would someone mind sharing an old one of theirs from ages ago?

I want to put one up for another player that I'm willing to run with, but I haven't the faintest idea where to even start/what is needed.

Old February 1, 2019, 10:21 PM   #14
Mimesis
Down the Rabbit Hole

Mimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious Superhero
Peer Moderation Reminders and Notices.

Check my Office for Carrots and Updates!
Thanks to Chary for the bunny! (x2)
Mimesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2, 2019, 07:09 AM   #15
Lucretia
Adventurer

Thank you kindly!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: