Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > Principality of Moonstone

Old June 20, 2019, 10:11 PM   #16
Maddyn
Aim To Misbehave...

Maddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious Superhero
Baby steps! Less tentacles, more cuddles and well… the ink was a case of damage done and the room bore the scent of clam chowder all the same. That as Sliucha’s last painful drawing of information from Mister Scales about his past? This time too left the Champion of Alithea with the sensation that she’d have had an easier time getting out information from the Dracon if she was using heated barbed hooks. Sometimes Zyrgran’s had it easy, even if they really didn’t have as much fun as the Alithean’s.

“Kind of.” Mister Scales agreed, a few Era’s. Perhaps more recent than a lot of people had when it came to information about their extended family after the Xet Invasion. How many families had even now, were yet to find out that they had a sister or cousin who’d passed away in the defence of Medonia or had taken an ill-timed holiday to Zinn’Sunn and had never returned.

Wary as he was, it wasn’t as if the Dracon was running where anytime soon. Between Sliucha’s chosen perch, the wonderfully personalised perfume she wore, and, frankly, a desire to sleep just a little bit longer after such strenuous activities? Mister Scales wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon of his own violation.

What was family like?

Uh.

“Exhausting? It has its good moments, well had its good moments and their bad.” Mister Scales managed after a long thoughtful pause. “They’re people you don’t get to pick, so…it can have ups and downs. My older brother was a Priest of Diana, my younger sister…” he drifted off again, only to add. “Well, she’s the only one I’ve spoken to in almost a decade now.”
Maddyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2019, 10:45 PM   #17
Sliucha Sindosa
Aelyrian Addict

Wealth Tier: Steel
Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa
"Tell me about them?" Sliucha asked, wagging her tails as she seemed to hang off his every word with utmost fascination. Siblings. While she did have a sworn sister in the form of Byxlle, it wasn't quite the same as a blood relation, she didn't think. And while she did think of many of her 'sisters' who worked with her at the Temple quite fondly, and regarded them as close? It still wasn't quite the same.

"Your brother. You said he 'was'? Did the same thing happen to him as did to you? Or is that not the part that 'was'?" As in, was he dead?

"And your sister. What's her name? What's she like?" She sounded a little nicer.

"And what about your parents?" Mr. Scales had only briefly mentioned them, if Sliucha recalled, when noting his alternative names - that each had come from the languages that his parents had spoken. Jaedaxian, she felt like one of them had been... the other one, Aslangradian? Or perhaps one of the various northern languages.

In return for her (maybe insensitive) digging, she offered up some information of my own. "I recently stumbled upon my mother's relatives, you know. They're, um... well, I don't think they like me very much. But I'd like to try and get a little closer to them, if possible. I suppose the difference is that they haven't really ever gotten to know me before. I don't know if that makes it easier or harder."
Sliucha Sindosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2019, 05:49 AM   #18
Maddyn
Aim To Misbehave...

Maddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious Superhero
Questions, and while the circumstances might have been different? Mister Scales was getting a similar sense of déjà vu from the last time Sliucha had decided to go rummaging about the Dracon’s past. That it’d been a few Era’s since the last lot of questioning had been a welcome reprieve for the one who’d once been known as bˈɛkbə͡l.

“No, Diana. No Priesthood. The Church of the Faith declared her Faith heresy and a large number of Dracons that believed in the Moraden ways were put to sword, rope or flame in Sacrum.” Mister Scales sighed. “I don’t know whether Ignatii is living or dead. We had a falling out long before everything got so complicated.” He added with a morose sigh. Family could be challenging even without religion. That, by and large, the Moraden Sect in particular was well known as being Diana worshippers? Things had gone so horribly wrong for a great many people when she’d died.

And that wasn’t even going into the means in which she’d been killed or her inversion immediately prior.

“Fevronia is my sister, and she’s… she’s my sister. Annoying. Kind. Smells of rotting fish.” he added, the afterthought seeming important. In the past it had paid to warn people in advance that the horrific stench headed their way was both kindly, harmless and well meaning.

Shrugging when it came to his parents, there, Mister Scales wasn’t a bounty of information nor proving heavily forthcoming. Not when the only family member he’d ended on good terms by the end of it all had been his younger sister. Instead, Mister Scales settled in to listen to Sliucha and what was to seem as the likely cause as to why her line of questioning.

“You won’t know unless you try? If they’re worth knowing, then it’ll work out. If they’re not, then you can cut your losses and run and you’ll still have the family you’ve built up.” Mister Scales mused philosophically, hands upon Sliucha’s hips and settling in to get comfortable.
Old June 21, 2019, 04:56 PM   #19
Sliucha Sindosa
Aelyrian Addict

Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa Sliucha Sindosa
Sliucha vaguely recalled hearing about the incident that had occurred in Sacrum. It, well, certainly didn't seem like it had gone particularly well for the dracon peoples there. It did definitely seem quite like something that the Church would do, though - religion for them, it seemed, was terribly complicated, and if nothing they seemed to have a propensity for violence.

The way Sliucha conducted matters among the Alitheans felt like it was much easier. Granted, it did get a little more complicated once people like the Hayans and Turtians got involved, but still! Thus far, no swords, ropes or flames quite yet.

Although, there was one time where breaking kneecaps was recommended.

Sliucha's nose wrinkled just a bit at the mention of rotting fish which, in the business of the Alitheans, typically meant that a Hayan had gotten involved somewhere along the way. Still, regardless of the smell, Mr. Scales had thought she was kind in the end. So she couldn't really be all that bad, surely?

"I think I'll try again at some point. I don't know if it'll be easier if I get rid of some of..." There was a vague hand gesture towards certain parts of her, as ears flicked and tails whipped. Maybe if she showed up as an actual elf, it might be a little easier to settle in with them. Then again, her grandmother had been rather cross because of the association to Moonstone, plus her aunt seemed to have gotten really mad for some reason as well.

But Mr. Scales had a good point. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, peppering his face with kisses. You couldn't have sex with fam- well, all right, that was a bad example, considering Sliucha knew Byxlle. But if she couldn't get along with her blood relations? "I have you," she noted, "I have the quadruplets, and I have the twins. And everybody else at the Temple, and those who I work with, and so on and so forth. One big family!"

Linked not by blood (mostly), but by gratuitous, copious... excess. Not to mention, she had the capability to always create more family if she wanted. She was already responsible for six new additions, why not more? Mr. Scales even seemed to be the sort not to step out for an extremely long smoke break if given the news that he might be a father.

Plus, as the governor, one could even say that the province as a whole was her family.

But the truth was that Sliucha's own personal family matters didn't have anything to do (at least at a conscious level) with her questions. They were getting sidetracked. She was just curious about him - his life, his story, his background. "Tell me more about your sister," she asked. "I mean, there was a fair amount of time between when we first met and when Ziel Aerca moved here. What sort of thing did you guys talk about? And this rotten fish smell - was that, like... on purpose?"
Old June 21, 2019, 10:17 PM   #20
Maddyn
Aim To Misbehave...

So very many Gods of War in the Aetherian Pantheon, and yet not a one amongst the Aeternian or Planetars. The Dracon’s of Diana really hadn’t stood a chance against so many religious factions vying to hunt down each and every Moraden in the city. Be it the followers of Aslan, Maj, Phedos, or Cetheron, there had been no shortage of zealots seeking to make a name for themselves in the aftermath of Diana’s death.

“Nothing to say you can’t put them back later.” It wasn’t anywhere near as challenging as when Grafting had been a necessity for such cosmetic alterations. “Though I don’t know enough about Elves to know if that’d matter either. I seem to remember that they’re a very traditional sort…” and well, Sliucha was Sliucha.

For all Mister Scales knew, she’d managed to upset them all terribly by accenting the wrong vowel or some nonsense and were intent on grudge holding for a couple more decades until Sliucha named proper Elven pronunciation etiquette.

Peppered with kisses, for a moment it even seemed to Mister Scales that Sliucha had been sufficiently distracted only to find out that no such luck!

“Not on purpose. More a side effect…” he added, drifting off as a hand rose to move in a wishy-washy circular motion as Mister Scales tried to figure out how to best explain things. “A butcher smells of blood, a baker smells of bread, and my sister smells of fish. There’s something called Ambergris she hunts for, it’s used for perfume. But she also gets sea-creatures for Alchemists and Mages.”
Old June 21, 2019, 11:56 PM   #21
Sliucha Sindosa
Aelyrian Addict

His sister was a fishmonger?

Oh, no. Somebody who gathered ingredients that came from the sea. Interesting! "She actually sounds like a pretty fascinating person," Sliucha noted to herself. As, you know, somebody who made perfumes, was an alchemist, and a mage? Honestly, the services of somebody like Fevronia seemed like they would have been extremely useful.

Plus, if the problem was Moonstone moving... then the problem was with them not knowing where Mr. Scales had gone, not the other way around, right? Then again, it wasn't like she was going to force him to get in contact or anything.

"But... annoying?" she smirked at him, kissing him on the nose. "What might make my stoic Mr. Scales think somebody is annoying?"
Old June 22, 2019, 12:53 AM   #22
Maddyn
Aim To Misbehave...

“She always had a lot of stories to tell.” Mister Scales agreed with a fond sigh. “She was kind, is kind…” he added after a moment, still not so inclined as to relegate his sister to the past tense. Plenty of people didn’t hear from their family for extended periods of time after all if they left their hometown and the usual family businesses or trades.

“See there’s a lot of places outside the Imperium that aren’t further west. She used to talk about Freeport and Trellios. There’s supposedly fish as big as a house and they hunt them with tiny little harpoons and other made up nonsense. I think she should have been a Bard honestly.” A healthy enough amount of skepticism from someone who’s life had largely been spent far away from bodies of water larger than the Great Centripax Basin.

Nod. Nodnod.

“Annoying. Incredibly so.” Mister Scales stated as if this was absolute truth. The Suns of Telath rose each day, the Moons were curiously difficult to count sometimes, and his sister was annoying. “She’s my little sister. It’s what she does.”
Old June 22, 2019, 01:34 AM   #23
Sliucha Sindosa
Aelyrian Addict

"Maybe you should try to get in touch again." That was all Sliucha was going to say about it! She decided she'd just leave it there for now. It seemed like he was relative fond of her, even if she was 'annoying,' and, you know... what was the harm? Besides potentially being annoyed more.

And having awkward conversations about his life now. With Sliucha and all. Hmmm. Well, that'd mostly be a problem for him, surely. Sliucha would probably get along great with his little sister!

Which was probably another problem for him, really.

"Now, the question is," and this one was super serious! "where'd you get your sense of humor from, then?"

Was this a... familial thing? Surely it had come about through his upbringing somehow.
Old June 22, 2019, 05:13 AM   #24
Maddyn
Aim To Misbehave...

“She’s a sailor, and the courier network is not what it once was.” Mister Scales managed with a sigh. Knowing full well that if their positions were reversed, that it likely wouldn’t (hadn’t) have stopped Sliucha once she’d set her mind on pursuing matters of family.

And knowing Sliucha, Mister Scales paused that much longer as he considered matters. The perks perhaps that in her back to front methodology in allowing Mister Scales to vent any potential frustrations being that now the blood wasn’t headed in the direction it usually went when his Mistress was perched upon him so. That while it was a touch awkward to pursue, his response was still less of reason as it was an excuse.

“I don’t know which ports she’d be frequenting anymore, and there’s a lot of towns and cities to leave word in. But it can be done.” Mister Scales conceded, only, as if it was the greatest joke of the day, his dopey grin returned anew. “Anything is doable is it not?”

Where did such a sense of humour come from? Clearly Family Secret!
Old June 22, 2019, 06:57 PM   #25
Sliucha Sindosa
Aelyrian Addict

True! Sliucha had since launched a local endeavor to try and improve the situation in Moonstone, but the Imperium as a large was still suffering quite a bit with the fall of Lylles, Co. Plus, well, sailor, hard to say where exactly they could be.

But the dracon, it seemed, was learning from her. Anything was doable indeed!

He got another smooch for that, even as her thighs gently tried to see if the dracon's refractory period had ended yet. He'd been a good sport about her questioning today, after all.

"Give me a good-morning joke, then." If she couldn't get the reason behind it, they could conclude this morning's activities with some more fun, and additional terrible humor to add to the arsenal.
Old June 22, 2019, 11:22 PM   #26
Maddyn
Aim To Misbehave...

Contrasting to popular belief, time didn’t cure all wounds. But some lesser injuries were relatively simple for the body to bounce back from given a little bedrest, even without a Thaumaturge in attendance. In Mister Scales instance, the mistiming of his own efforts ensured that as Sliucha encouraged a renewal of their destructive tendencies? That a part of Mister Scales was still suffering from what the Jaedaxian’s dubbed ‘The Little Death’. The mind was willing but the body wasn’t quite up for a concerted renewal of the pleasurable assault.

“What is the second hardest thing in the morning?” Mister Scales offered,
Only to rush to the punchline before Sliucha might have otherwise spoiled the awful jest with a, “Getting up.” Only, given the Dracon in question, perhaps that was the third rather than the second. But then, the point of a good (bad) joke was that they were universally applicable and it didn’t pay to re-write them just on the outliers.

But where a part of Mister Scales was still in recovery, the other was ready and raring to go with little encouragement needed from Sliucha. In time, a twin salute would inevitably return, but until then? The Dracon was keen to renew his personal Goddesses Command.

The bed didn't stand a chance.

OOC;
1 Material Point Awarded to Sliucha.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: