Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Community > Support > Questions

Old December 31, 2018, 12:24 PM   #1
Roost Verynn
Citizen

Roost Verynn is a benevolent Adventurer
Skill points

Hello everyone

Quick question re: skills.

1) I understand each character may start with one basic skill, but is there a limit to that? i.e. could I be skilled in hunting, or telepathy, or seduction (I assure you, Roost will be skilled in none of the aforementioned traits, just curious), or are there hardest skills we're permitted to train towards?

2) Since the basic skill requires 2 points, is it possible to split up the points? So more conventionally, 1 point in axe and 1 point in sorcery?

3) Lastly, what of conditioning skills? Are there skills in speed or charisma, or are they more passive traits based on, for example, someone's skill with a weapon?

Sorry for all the questions. Unfortunately I don't have access to some of the pages in the Aelyria Help section, so a bit stuck.

Thanks all, cheers
Roost Verynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2018, 01:16 PM   #2
Mimesis
Down the Rabbit Hole

Mimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious Superhero
Hi Roost -

1) Any one skill you want, there's no distinction between skills here.

2) Yes? Although if you have only 1 experience point in a skill, you wouldn't have achieved basic level in it. I don't think you'd see much of a difference in terms of how fast your char would be able to gain basic in 2 skills, if that's what your goal is.

3) There's a difference between skills (things that can be levelled and expanded upon) and lore (knowledge/traits that don't develop). Things that are passive traits would be classified as lore; you can gain lore in a thread, but you can't continue to progress and level it up the way you would a skill. You can read more here: Primer to Skills.

Check my Office for Carrots and Updates!
Thanks to Chary for the bunny! (x2)
Mimesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2019, 06:04 AM   #3
Roost Verynn
Citizen

Roost Verynn is a benevolent Adventurer
Very helpful, thank you Mimesis! I hadn't seen the Skills Primer yet, I'll check it out
Roost Verynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: