Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Community > Support > Questions

Old December 16, 2018, 09:23 PM   #1
Cherjaine
Hero

Cherjaine is a benevolent AdventurerCherjaine is a benevolent Adventurer
Wealth and Material Points

I have two questions and probable thoughts on the second topic. I need to know how far am I from the truth.

1. Wealth Tier and Money
Over the year, I have modded some threads with monetary rewards itch that made my mind itch, if you get what I mean. Do we have a rough gauge of the average monthly expenditure for Bronze, Steel, others wealth tier?

2. The important question. MP
This is a relatively new introduction and it is giving me a some headaches about spending MP.

a. Where do we spend MP?
Do we spend it in threads either through roleplay or an OOC to inform the thread moderator it is used. Can we just spend it on our CIR and be done about it?

b. How MP fits into various trades and skills.
For magicians, I think it is easy. Magicians can use their MP to imbue or enchant or create magical items. I have a question about conversion rate though.
Spellbreakers spend appropriate MPs (example mind essence MP and force essence MP) to create a Light Globe that can be turned on or off on command.
How about mage? 1 MP to imbue an item with 3 charges of a spell of their level or 1 MP for 1 charge?
The hard part comes from

Next is for crafters. I will use 2 examples I am familiar with in this setting. Carpenter and Alchemist

Professional Carpenter with Steel Tier Wealth. 1 MP can be used to create a nice dining table. Any steel tier wealth could also just buy the table as there is no real accounting for gold and silver spent. Does this make MP a lot less useful for tradesman?
My thoughts is that craftsman can use their MP to make items one level higher than their wealth tier.

Alchemist. MP can be used like the above, but can it be used to replace ingredients used for potions?

Final bit of question: For my character, I treat as if she start every encounter with 3 vial of acids and 3 vials of alchemical fire explosives as they could be easily purchase with my wealth tier, but she claim that she make it. Is that okay?
Old December 17, 2018, 05:21 AM   #2
Grim
Fear the Reaper

Grim is a glorious SuperheroGrim is a glorious SuperheroGrim is a glorious SuperheroGrim is a glorious Superhero
See the guide to wealth for this one. We've deliberately avoided using specific numbers, because that was what we were trying to avoid in the first place. If you comb the old threads you'll find a lot of price lists around the place that are wildly disparate, and things like that are just one of the smaller problems.

2a.
You spend it in threads, keep track of where it's used in your character sheet (and inform moderators where necessary).

2b.
2b1: Probably closer to one charge. The equivalent of your entire Vis pool is a pretty great deal of work.

2b2: That depends. Think of it as not having to spend a thread making a nice dining table when your character needs one for selling or gifting to others. And no, wealth tier does not factor into the quality of what you can make.

2b3: This is a little more involved. Alchemists don't actually need to replace potion ingredients because that would be a whole lot of work for very little bang (the in character fiction is that they use the ingredients to figure out how to synthesise the thing they need without them). Instead, think of MP as a way to give potions to others for trade.

MP is primarily for when you need to trade something in character. Like if your character is giving someone a gift, or if you're paying someone for them doing a job for you of some kind. It's a way of saying "My character spent time on this between threads".

Final question: Alchemist's fire is kind of expensive, I doubt your character would be able to afford it at sterling. Claiming she makes it is fine though, that's what alchemy is for.
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2018, 06:22 AM   #3
Cherjaine
Hero

Cherjaine is a benevolent AdventurerCherjaine is a benevolent Adventurer
Thanks Grim! Using the same thread for some other questions!

First one is more of a suggestion which worked well in another site.
Matchmaking is a good idea, but can we have a thread in each province to state when a player enters and departs the province. We can put it as only those staying in the province for more than a few months and leaving for more than a few months should post there. Will it work in Aelyria context?

Second one is a question. Who or where do we contact to input player owned shop and houses into threads like these? http://www.aelyria.com/forums/distri...locations.html
Old December 26, 2018, 12:48 PM   #4
Grim
Fear the Reaper

Grim is a glorious SuperheroGrim is a glorious SuperheroGrim is a glorious SuperheroGrim is a glorious Superhero
I don't think that would work very well, because FT means people are constantly going to and from places, and we encourage that. I also don't see what the point of said thread would do, why not just throw up a post in the matchmaker that says "I want to meet people who are in [insert location here]"

You can contact any member of staff to do so, the ooc threads for the various provinces aren't regularly kept an eye on so just send someone a PM or post on their wall or something.
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: