Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Lauryl > Mystique

Notices

Old July 22, 2012, 12:03 PM   #31
Quilantes Zil'aven
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Quilantes Zil'aven is a glorious SuperheroQuilantes Zil'aven is a glorious SuperheroQuilantes Zil'aven is a glorious SuperheroQuilantes Zil'aven is a glorious Superhero
Quill smiled and bowed his head gratefully to Professor Hume and smiled at Luda. The smile turned to a look of puzzlement before freezing in surprise as Luda jumped to her feet and hugged him. She'd probably notice his frozen posture after a moment and the moment she released him, he'd take a step back and stare at his feet, suddenly pink.
"Uhm...yeah, sure" he mumbled quietly, before clearing his throat, "I'm sure I'll see you around, bye!"

And with that, he quickly ducked out of the room and fled down the stairs and out of the Tower into the spring sunlight, heart hammering and breath short in his chest. The worst part of it all was that he couldn't tell whether he was anticipating or dreading the next meeting with Luda Nirvada.

"...You Rank, Gray-Skinned Codpiece! You sniveling, tear-streaked, coattail-grasping, orc-face!
You lumpish, cabbit-brained, daydream bully! You straw-limbed, gutless, sparkle-finger-wavin' Straylor!
-igrainne
(Silly girl, she's just jealous that he's getting more action than her)
Old July 22, 2012, 12:31 PM   #32
Jarradium
Former Staff

Jarradium is a benevolent Adventurer
Quilantes's quick exit registered a raised eyebrow from Professor Hume and the whole interaction between Luda and Quilantes sent some interesting waves of confusing and confused emotions at Z'kron who was busily trying to work out how to be a dustmite.

In either case Quilantes was out of the picture in that room and quickly making his way out of the druid's tower into the warm glow of the spring suns. When he went outside into the sun it wasn't long until he was approached by another student.

"Are you the student talking about having a council?" inquired a voice from around Quil's waist.

It was the look of a young inquiring gnome with a straight set orange-brown beard and rosy cheeks. His age was difficult to determine but he appeared to be a young gnomish man of a humble background. Not yet wearing clothes more typical of a mage, he wore a green wool shirt upon brown leather gnomish breeches with boots to match.

"Where can I sign up for the idea of a students council? Its a fine tradition to start. A people's council for the mage's academy! Great way to avoid the trouble of darker times!"

The gnome was almost a complete contrast to Luda whom he had first met. This gnome was quickly opinionated and almost too ethusiastic about Quilantes's idea to start a council.
Old July 22, 2012, 12:36 PM   #33
Quilantes Zil'aven
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Quilantes Zil'aven is a glorious SuperheroQuilantes Zil'aven is a glorious SuperheroQuilantes Zil'aven is a glorious SuperheroQuilantes Zil'aven is a glorious Superhero
Quill blinked, then smiled happily at the gnome.
"Indeed I am, sir" he said politely, bowing and ensuring he didn't have his back to the sun, "I'm actually thinking of setting up a stand here on the grounds tomorrow where people can sign on in support, but today I'm just getting the ball rolling via word of mouth" he explained, before holding out a hand in greeting.

"Quilantes Andares, Thaumaturge" he said cheerfully.

"...You Rank, Gray-Skinned Codpiece! You sniveling, tear-streaked, coattail-grasping, orc-face!
You lumpish, cabbit-brained, daydream bully! You straw-limbed, gutless, sparkle-finger-wavin' Straylor!
-igrainne
(Silly girl, she's just jealous that he's getting more action than her)
Old August 1, 2012, 05:10 AM   #34
Jarradium
Former Staff

"I see, I see" said the gnome "So I should show up tomorrow and then I can sign up?"

Quilantes had inadvertently suggested that he was just discussing things today. The gnome didn't mention his name but instead got caught up in his own thoughts on the matter.

"It is a good idea. If we have representation in the city we should have representation in the schools as well. Really good idea, really. Got to make sure that things run efficiently and well. Definitely need to have more people getting together in councils to discuss these things properly"

The gnome had gotten a little ahead of himself and was sharing his own enthuasism for the idea. He wasn't sure what Quilantes would have in mind from here

"but for now I"m late for a meeting with someone. I bid you good day Quilantes Andares. Hopefully I'll see you tommorow!
Old August 1, 2012, 08:30 PM   #35
Z'kron
Mythic

Z'kron is a benevolent AdventurerZ'kron is a benevolent Adventurer
Being a dustmite was a tricky business. Z'kron was having some difficulty with it, conceptually. It seemed to him that being less-than he actually was, was just as difficult as being more than he actually was. Sure, he could posess it- somewhat- but the experience was bizarre and confusing.

He considered, for a moment, how long it usually took people to adapt to new senses and understandings of the world. He'd picked up new senses from time to time. It had always taken a while. And perhaps that was what was needed here. Patience. A willingness to simply wait half an hour or so, to allow his brain to adjust to the new sensory inflow that came with being a dustmite. The idea of sensory-tactile information being used to form an image was not foreign, after all. It was used to form auditory images all the time. But without an understanding of the inflow, one couldn't control a creature. Garbage in, garbage out, after all.

Very limited computer access 19/6/19 until 27/6/19
Apologies!
Old August 30, 2012, 04:50 AM   #36
Jarradium
Former Staff

The others in the room went about their business completely unaware of the possessed dustmite. The dustmite Z'kron was piggy backing in was not idle. It moved about exactly as a dustmite would searching for food exactly as a dustmite should. This left Z'kron to explore the sensory input of the creature with relative calm of not having to control the creature he was in. As the dustmite travelled, he noticed differences in input from a new sense which was not like his own. However it was difficult to say exactly what it was. Z'kron could tell that the dustmike had moved somewhere but exactly what had changed was difficult to say. The senses were not the same as those experienced as a more hominid creature.

Z'kron would have to run further tests to understand the stimuli. The only one that Z'kron understood in the new sense was the sense of touch.