Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Community > General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average. Display Modes
Old February 10, 2019, 11:34 AM   #1
Lucretia
Adventurer

Lucretia is an upstanding Citizen
Large Social Events

How would one go about hosting large social events? Say...balls, carnivals, etc, etc?

I would imagine money would be an issue so no new player really has a chance to 'host' such an event, but might be nice from time to time to see characters pop in and socialize and maybe the thread only lasts for say a month and then some xp is awarded or something-new contacts made, new items acquired-whatever.

I hope this is the right place to put this--not really sure.

Cheers!
Lucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 07:53 PM   #2
Moss Oktra'rek
Legend

Wealth Tier: Steel
Moss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious Superhero
I imagine the general advice you'll receive is to roleplay it out...have Lucretia seek out a party or a host/hostess so she can find out where the cool kids are hanging out after dark. Obviously, if you do get to a high enough wealth tier, you could certainly make arrangements to host your own, but outside of that, I expect playing it out and fumbling around in the dark to see if you can receive an invitation for - or gate-crash - a party is the way to go.

Side note: this is a great place for questions related to the game itself.

Competition: Win a month of Companionship here!
Moss Oktra'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 08:21 PM   #3
Lucretia
Adventurer

'Cool kids.' Not exactly what I am looking for per say. Just looking for large events that happen in the city/ies/territories more or less. Maybe I didn't convey that correctly.

Anywho, I am hearing not gonna happen for a good while (or ever), thanks for pointing me in the right section regardless.
Old February 10, 2019, 08:31 PM   #4
Moss Oktra'rek
Legend

Moss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious Superhero
Ah...this may be of help, then?

Holidays in Aelyria - Aelyria

There's festivals during Wintertide, Springtide, and other occasions.

Competition: Win a month of Companionship here!
Moss Oktra'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 09:50 PM   #5
Lyr Tlansson
Nobody's Hero

Wealth Tier: Bronze
Lyr Tlansson is a glorious SuperheroLyr Tlansson is a glorious SuperheroLyr Tlansson is a glorious SuperheroLyr Tlansson is a glorious SuperheroLyr Tlansson is a glorious SuperheroLyr Tlansson is a glorious SuperheroLyr Tlansson is a glorious SuperheroLyr Tlansson is a glorious Superhero
This type of thing used to happen occasionally when there were city-based mods... not so much anymore. It's safe to assume that such things are still going on, though.

I mean, there's nothing preventing you (and everyone else) from saying "hey, lets all get together in X city and celebrate wintertide (or whatever) together!" Something for the matchmaker forum, I suppose? It would just take some OOC organizing, but that's standard for any adventure thread.

Also, why is Markalin the only god represented under religious holidays in the Holidays of Aelyria wiki? Er. I'm retroactively blaming Eli.

~Character Information Repository~
~Kevin Ostapenko Award 2005~
Lyr Tlansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2019, 10:13 PM   #6
Lucretia
Adventurer

Perfect. Thank you, Lyr
Old February 12, 2019, 08:45 PM   #7
Eri'Lariel Gil'dae
Champion

Eri'Lariel Gil'dae is a glorious SuperheroEri'Lariel Gil'dae is a glorious SuperheroEri'Lariel Gil'dae is a glorious Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyr Tlansson View Post
This type of thing used to happen occasionally when there were city-based mods... not so much anymore. It's safe to assume that such things are still going on, though.

I mean, there's nothing preventing you (and everyone else) from saying "hey, lets all get together in X city and celebrate wintertide (or whatever) together!" Something for the matchmaker forum, I suppose? It would just take some OOC organizing, but that's standard for any adventure thread.

Also, why is Markalin the only god represented under religious holidays in the Holidays of Aelyria wiki? Er. I'm retroactively blaming Eli.

I wondered this same thing. Carmelya has a couple listed under the general holiday section but mostly they seem under represented. Time to World Forge.
Old February 13, 2019, 09:35 PM   #8
Charybdis
Demon of Heaven

Charybdis has disabled reputation
Eli REALLY likes holidays.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: