Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > Crown Province of Prime

Old October 7, 2019, 09:20 PM   #31
Nir'Mmei
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Nir'Mmei is an upstanding Citizen
Nir'Mmei stood up when called. She could see the social groups forming among the students who would one day be her piers and possibly superiors or even underlings. Time changed many things and she was not shy about this nor ignorant of the position her family held. Her gaze roamed out over her fellow students as she stood with the regal strength and majesty of her Lionoid blood. A natural leader and warrior.

"I am Nir'Mmei, Daughter of Gaar'Ka, General of The Pride Army, Retired. I was Raised in Candiceburg and three of my mothers are mages. I am currently in my Journey of Passage to claim my place as an adult." Her voice was that which was used to give orders over a battlefield and thus easily heard. When she finished speaking she once more gazed over the students and then nodded to the flitting fea before taking her seat once more.
Old October 9, 2019, 09:46 PM   #32
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero
Perhaps there would be recognition from some of the students who were of a more military background - still, Nir'Mmei's social "credentials" were lost upon most of them. Regardless, the introduction had been made as requested. The others would introduce themselves in kind. As mages were rare, even this "large" class only consisted of a baker's dozen of students.

Right then. They'd begin with the basics.

So! Magic.

There were two kinds of magic in the world: essence-based spheres, commonly referred to as "arcana", as well as the metaphysical magics. There were further ways to identify magic that broke them down into categories, which intersected between the two previous classifications.

Everybody present was a mage of arcana: Nir'Mmei, for instance, was an elementalist. Others were mystics, sorcerors, druids, thaumaturges, and so on. It was an important distinction to make. While the spheres of arcana all followed the same general rules, the metaphysical magics were incredibly unique and tended to share little with arcana - in fact, they were quite dissimilar among each other as well.

Were there any questions, before they went into a deeper dive on arcana theory specifically? Naturally, as mages of arcana, they'd focus primarily on this.

Indefinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2019, 11:45 PM   #33
Nir'Mmei
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Nir'Mmei is an upstanding Citizen
Nir'Mmei Listened to the lecture taking notes on the whole things and thought she understood most of what was said. Thus she had no questions so far.

The handwriting on her parchment was flowing and apparently well-practiced and pleasing to the eye.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: