Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > District of Maeve

Old January 15, 2020, 02:48 AM   #1
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero
[Temperance] If you were right the first time then how could you be wrong [Éclair]

A snoozing Éclair found herself roused, Anna shaking at her shoulder.

It didn't take much for the Jorelite to figure that something was wrong. Even for Anna, it currently felt... much too early. The sort of time that might have been properly considered as "nighttime" as opposed to "early morning." And, well, Anna looked worried, once Éclair blinked the sleep out of her eyes and got more of a grasp on her surroundings.

Melissa, practically catatonic in her drowsiness, was nevertheless roused as a result of the other two. Even as the Countess grumbled, she shifted onto her side so she could sleepily take in the other two, hugging Éclair from behind.

"I felt something," Anna noted, glancing around the bedroom. "It woke me up. There's something off in the air." She seemed particularly uneasy.

"Can't we let the castle guards take care of it?" Melissa yawned, even as she miraculously sat up in bed, rubbing her eyes, idly scratching her chest. Despite her protest, she nudged Éclair. "Come on, then. If it woke her up, we should probably go take a look."

There was an innate trust that whatever was bothering Anna was, in fact, worth the three of them looking into. It bothered her - and so Melissa felt that creeping anxiety - and Éclair too would have the jitters. It was a little annoying, as the two necromancers weren't actually experiencing whatever it was that had set the ikonomancer off.

A nighttime excursion, it seemed, was in order.

Indefinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2020, 07:38 PM   #2
Éclair Mainesthai
Mister Jorel's Girl

Wealth Tier: Steel
Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai
“…just five more minutes…?”
Grumbling, the habitual lie intoned as one of the few mistruths,
That Éclair could be said to indulge in was uttered with no small amount of petulance,
Where once, rousing her would have prompted violence,
A side effect of the company she’d kept over the Era’s; it was now all too safe,
To say, that Éclair really had mellowed considerably since Anna and Melissa had entered her life,
Blinking blearily eyed,
It took a few long moments as she wiped at the drool at the corner of her mouth,
To realise that this just wasn’t Her Anna being super keen to get a start on the day,
It was, t’was one thing,
To do the whole morning ballet exercises,
And walk Anna to Asim’s Bakery in the morning,
And quite another to y’know, be up and about before the Suns had risen,
Questionable sanity of Éclair aside,
She remained a big believer in what time was appropriate for being Awake!
Worry.
Warmth… Hullo Meli!
There was something off in the air?
Didn’t Understand. But, that Melissa was actually Talky-Talking?
That took Anna’s concern and added bold and underlines and exclamation points to things Not Being Kay!
Yawn!
All bed hair, sleepy-eyed,
And looking quite like something that probably,
Needed a good three or four candlemarks of hibernation to even pretend to be Human,
Éclair sloooooowly sat up like a creature of Undeath arising from a Crypt or Barrow,
”…Kay.
I’m… kinda awake…maybe, sorta.”
Éclair Mainesthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2020, 04:09 AM   #3
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero
Awake?

Maybe. Sorta.

"Whatever it is," the Countess noted, unable to stop the yawn that popped up halfway through her statement - really in no better shape than Éclair, if worse - "think we should, probably, definitely..."

...jolt! Had almost fell asleep again there.

"Gonna need a bath first... or something. Get us awake."

There was a shrug from Anna, glancing around nervously. She wasn't sure whether or not they were working with a time limit here. Was this the anxiety that came before impending doom, or just a general malaise? "I don't know what it is, so it's probably best to be prepared as much as possible. I'll draw some hot water. You two drag each other out of bed."

A quick kiss on the cheek was given to the both of them, and Anna - spry as usual regardless of the time of day - was off to prepare a bath. Hopefully that'd help the both of them wake up.

"Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh," came the nevertheless miserable groan from Melissa, even as she wrapped her arms around Éclair and hugged her from the side. "Think we're going to need to get bathed... get dressed... sigh. C'mon."

Sleepy Servants toppled out from underneath the bed, apparently awoken by all of the commotion. Nevertheless, they already seemed to be on it, fetching towels, sifting through the wardrobes. A few of them were off to see if, perhaps, they could find something in the kitchen to pep things up. Melissa, in the meantime, put in the best effort she could given the circumstances towards getting herself and Éclair out of bed.

It mostly consisted of rocking back and forth in place, lightly pulling Éclair towards the side of the bed without really going anywhere.

Old January 20, 2020, 02:24 AM   #4
Éclair Mainesthai
Mister Jorel's Girl

Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai
It didn’t take long,
For the contagion that was a yawn,
To spread as soon after Melissa yawned? Éclair was soon to follow suit,
”Need… something.” Éclair agreed,
Swaying gently from side to side where she sat upon the bed,
Seeming but moments away from just giving it all up and collapsing back into,
The warmth of pillows and Her Meli,
Anna.
AnnaAnnaAnnaAnna!
Focus! Pay Attention!
SoSmol&Cute!
No. Notthat! Pay Attention!
“Kay.” was all that Éclair could really muster,
Realising after a moment that she wasn’t swaying so much,
As Melissa was rocking her gently in a feeble effort to drag Éclair away from her spot in the middle of the bed.
Swaaaaaay,
Oh, Plushy Servants were Doing Things,
That too was likely Important, even if Éclair couldn’t really think of why,
Swaaaaay!
It took a few efforts, mostly as a side effect,
Of Éclair really not really wanting to pull herself free from her Doll’s embrace,
And even once done?
Then Éclair was on her feet,
Arms wrapped about Melissa in turn,
Gently trying to tug her out of bed too! The pair of hopeless cases,
And Éclair inclined to at least do her best to support Meli into hug-stumbling to the Bath!
Old January 20, 2020, 01:23 PM   #5
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Incredibly, the two of them managed to get nowhere.

Melissa took a deep breath, mustering up all the energy that she possibly could, before just sort of slumping over and rolling off the bed. The important thing was that it achieved the intended purpose - the Countess was now out of bed. Blankets going with her to help cushion the fall, she clambered to her feet, grumbling, Servant plushies walking around her as they puttered about their various tasks.

It was about this time that Anna returned, offering Melissa a quick kiss on the cheek. "Bath's ready, go on." The two necromancers were both doing their best impression of undead, then, as Melissa shuffled off at a pace that a zombie might have thought sluggish. In the meantime, the resident Ikonomancer turned her attention on the Jorelite still left in bed.

Well, never let it be said that laziness couldn't get you anywhere. Anna scooped Éclair right up - bridal-carried over to the tub. Melissa, having actually made it somehow, lethargically peeled away her coverings before quietly slipping in to have a soak. Anna would place Éclair right by where the tub was, racing off for a moment to look after other preparations.

"Water's nice," was the extent of Melissa's assistance in actually getting Éclair into the tub.

Old January 21, 2020, 04:45 AM   #6
Éclair Mainesthai
Mister Jorel's Girl

Meli overboard!
Well. That worked! Kinda. Sorta.
Though there was a relieved sigh from Éclair,
That she’d managed to drag the blankets along with her for a softer fall,
This made it that little bit more challenging though,
To y’know, make use of Her Doll as a kinda sorta crutch to help,
Lumber across their bedroom and to the adjoining bathroom.
Worse yet,
Melissa had taken the blankets with her! Rude!
Anna?
AnnaAnnaAnna!
Ooh! This worked!
Laziness rewarded Vic-Tor-É?!? Niftiness!
Beaming happily, nuzzling into Anna’s shoulder fo the duration,
As ever, utter putty in Her Sweetheart’s hands. Sure, it wasn’t as if there was anything to come of it given Anna’s concerns and the nigh insane time of the morning (night), but it was the small pleasures in life that reassured Éclair that all was, t’was well in the world.
Which when the destination was the Bath and Melissa?
There was a drowsy smile cast Meli’s way as Éclair silently nodded her head,
Quiet as ever as she slipped into the tub without so much as a thought other than to bask in the warmth until the whole, ZzZzzZ was cast aside good and proper.
Old January 21, 2020, 02:12 PM   #7
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Probably not for the best, honestly, to reward Éclair for her laziness here - this much, Anna had taken into consideration. But in the current situation, encouraging indolence was an acceptable sacrifice to ensure that the Jorelite was up and out of bed in a timely fashion. Whatever was going on, Anna really didn't like it, so the faster they could get themselves prepared to figure it out, the better as far as she was concerned.

Bathtub. Hot water. This was nice.

Servants arrived, having been pointed in this particular direction by Anna. They had brought with them some nice, hot caffeinated beverages from the kitchens. A group of them formed a pyramid so that the platter could be brought to Melissa and Éclair, sparing them the effort of having to try and reach for the drinks.

A lot of caffeine, and hopefully that'd help a bit with the current late-night shenanigans. Melissa sipped away, seeming to slowly come around as time went on, although it was arguable whether or not either of the necromancers could get to 100%. Well, anything was an improvement as opposed to the zombies who had been roused from their sleep to begin with.

The Servants, at least, didn't seem to be too hindered. There did seem to be less of them, though. Graveyard shift, perhaps? A group of them were waiting around, in the event that Éclair or Melissa had anything else that they wanted fetched that might help them wake up - or, if they were done with their bath and needed towels and such.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: