Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > District of Maeve

Closed Thread

Old January 7, 2020, 03:10 AM   #46
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero
Oh! She was... she was just going to eat right here? The assumption had apparently been that Éclair would take it somewhere and... no, it was fine. Did she at least want to sit down somewhere? They had a table over here, a chair. Otherwise the platter might be a little unwieldy to hold.

You know, do what you want! As long as she was fed and happy, the kitchen was doing its job.

"Let us know if you need any more," the assistant chef told her, knowing that it wasn't hard for a Rose to work up an appetite. Making sure that there was enough food for everybody was definitely a lot of work! Even when they weren't throwing feasts, the people here burned through plenty of fuel.

Plenty more honey mead, after all. And bread and jam were definitely in ample supply!

Old January 7, 2020, 03:44 AM   #47
Éclair Mainesthai
Mister Jorel's Girl

Wealth Tier: Steel
Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai
Munching away happily,
The very idea of finding somewhere else,
To eat? Not even occurring to Éclair, taking the suggestion,
To at least claim the table and chair to heart,
In Temperance?
Food came to Her, or she ate in the Kitchen,
That was, t’was just how it’d always been done,
To the point where Éclair didn’t even know if there was a Dining Room in Castle Temperance,
Probably, it was,
T’was the kind of thing Castles had,
“Moar.” Éclair stated almost as soon,
As the Miss of the Kitchen had made the offer,
(as if Éclair was ever going to willingly turn down food! Sure she might choose something over another, but nothing just wasn’t happening. Éclair’s ever-fluctuating weight had a cause rooted in having spent Era’s as an urchin, thief and general troublemaker upon Her Love’s behalf!)
And because Kitchens were Sacred,
There was a quick, “Thank you and please!”
Old January 7, 2020, 05:33 PM   #48
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero
More!

Please and thank you. It always paid to be polite to the people who fed you nice things and gave you honey mead. No stranger to large appetites, the request was easily met. More honey mead was provided, more of the jam (specifically the one that Éclair had liked) was procured. Two loaves of bread, perhaps? Yes, two. And the container for the honey mead swapped out for a larger one. Better to have leftovers than still be hungry.

"Is there anything else we can get you?" There was an entire kitchen here, after all. Obviously there were some foodstuffs they couldn't get - they wouldn't be able to meet every request - but if the Jorelite had a particular hankering perhaps they'd have it on hand. Or something similar. Broad food groups might be more helpful than specific asks.

No Applebloom operation, but they did a fair enough job here.

Although, it did seem like Éclair wouldn't be eating alone for two long. The sound of footsteps rapidly approaching, and for once? It seemed that the twins had split up, with one of them poking her head in the door and smiling happily upon having found the necromancer.

"A-are you busy?" she asked, a little nervous, hiding behind the doorframe less because she was still totally naked and more just a little shy to be talking with Éclair. "I, uh... we had some other questions. That I decided to try and ask." Had followed directions from the cleaner!

Old January 8, 2020, 02:22 AM   #49
Éclair Mainesthai
Mister Jorel's Girl

Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai
Manners? Questionable and Dubious,
But Éclair always seemed to remember where she’d,
Misplaced hers when in the company of one who might provide Honey Mead,
A Snack and usually the kind of Talky-Talk she actually didn’t mind,
Well, some of Éclair’s manners anyway,
As elbows on table? Definitely a thing. Occasionally talking with her mouth full?
Alas, the Governor Andares of Centripax might have wanted to make a Lady out of Éclair,
But Éclair had other ideas entirely,
”Umm…dunno?” she but decided,
“I think I’m Kay for now, thanking you!”
Only, that Éclair was to have a Guest?
That rather belied that perhaps, just maybe,
She should have asked for more Food given one of the seemingly not quite inseparable Twins had sought her out.
Mild concern evident,
Given well, it bespoke that if the Twins were apart,
That perhaps something had gone wrong with the Imp and the Other?
Uh… sod.
Still, Éclair took another sip,
Of Her Honey Mead before delving into what might have gone wrong,
Oh, Questions.
Talky-Talk. That was…dubiously Kay.
Troublesome Imp might be better admittedly, but Kitchens made for pleasant moods,
“Sure? Pull up a chair!”
Old January 8, 2020, 02:41 AM   #50
Indefinite
Foreboden!

A chair was pulled up! And, having perhaps sensed the need for more food (either because Éclair wanted more or because company was due, it was rare for a Rose to be solo), she soon had some bread and jam and honey mead in front of her. And while she began to get to work on that, really, it didn't seem like she planned on staying for all too long.

No shame, honestly, regarding the topic matter. Didn't care if the kitchen staff could overhear.

"Can a fiend impregnate you?" she asked quite bluntly, taking a swig of honey mead - oh, this was nice! She'd never had it before.

"I though, you know, it'd be good to know. 'Cus, uh..." Cus! "Sis is waiting on me to find that out right now. Not fair if Ruby gets all the fun, but... you know, careful!"

Was this something they needed to worry about? Oh, this jam was lovely.

Old January 8, 2020, 03:29 AM   #51
Éclair Mainesthai
Mister Jorel's Girl

Food!
Food was, one of the ways,
Éclair also believed Friends were to be made!
Admittedly, the Roses had also found the other means at getting the young woman on side, but still; Éclair remained a simple enough creature when it came down to it. Love, shelter, warmth, full belly. Everything else was peripheral.
Which, as she considered,
Knowing all too well that she herself was not,
One to throw stones in this particular glass house,
It was generally appropriate to wear clothing, at least in a Kitchen. Aprons were a Thing!
”Umm, dunno.” Éclair admitted,
Not really finding she was the best source of knowledge there,
Given the whole, Dracon aspect? Made getting knocked up a challenge unto itself.
Adding Demon? Well,
Éclair had played the Odds,
Even if, she had her eyes upon one particular Demon of late.
Scary. Able to Change. No Talky-Talk. Drool-worthy Toy. Éclair knew what she liked!
”Some Demons definitely can,
Like the Baelung does for instance. I think Incubi and Succubi can,
But that involves uh, borrowing a Toys and then switching and then being a Toy and…”
Éclair’s hand gestures, increasingly crude,
Only to shrug!
“But, they’re also creations of Necromancy.
So, even though they’re alive, they don’t really Change…
But, y’know, Demons of Chaos, so they have to be able to Change,
Sooo, contradictions and stuff tend to make the answer a ‘Maybe’?” which wasn’t a very good answer admittedly.
”If it happens,
I suppose you can always just use Necromancy,
To y’know, kill it. If it’s alive, it can die sooooo y’know, not a big deal!” Pro-Choice Jorelite! Twins obviously had the means of getting pregnant and the means of well… not if that was what they decided upon too!
Old January 8, 2020, 05:22 PM   #52
Indefinite
Foreboden!

"Huuuuuuh." For all that Éclair didn't actually provide that definite of an answer, it seemed her student had managed to reach something of a realization nonetheless. Even if there really should have been plenty to think about regardless of the answers that the Jorelite had actually managed to provide. A big question mark over the pregnancy issue, of course, but using necromancy as a "just in case" measure? Surely there needed to be some concern over using anything involving "death" in such a vicinity to one's person, even if the "target" technically was a separate entity.

Maybe even that wasn't true, depending on what stage they were at.

But it seemed like Ilanga was all smiles as the suggested solution was totally fine! Made total sense! Whether or not the application actually met that level of lofty optimism would remain to be seen, surely.

"So, what makes it, you know, an imp when it comes out?" she asked, dipping bread into the jam. "Is it just, that specific shape results in an imp? How much variation, when you shape the spell, might result in another kind of fiend?"

How much variety, in other words, could they get at their level? Because imps were interesting and all, but if there was the possibility of being able to add more variety? Might as well take it!

Old January 9, 2020, 03:16 AM   #53
Éclair Mainesthai
Mister Jorel's Girl

Hit yourself with Entropy?
Sure! Éclair saw no real issue with that,
Given it didn’t have to be obliteration so much as STOP!,
Or very, very close to it,
Sure it didn’t make for absolute Immortality as,
Seemed to be one of the core goals of Necromancy given,
Well, everything died, but it sowed it down lots and lots and there were,
Quite a few self-inflicted spells like Grim Shift that gave oneself an Undead state of being,
Purging an unwanted parasite?
Hardly an issue what so ever by Éclair’s way of thinking!
“Umm, probably because,
Whatever is able to answer the Summon is an Imp?
Rather than it’s actual form… I mean, there’s a lot of Weird in Aeternia, and a good amount of Fiends I’ve Summoned haven’t been y’know, intended so much as just seeing what answered the call.” actual, y’know, manipulation thereof had only ever actually been tested with Demonic Possession (dubious), and Archippos’ uh, Growth Spurt.
”That said, uh,
Odds are you’re still going to be pretty limited,
At least until you start your Journeymanship and get a bit more experience under your belt?”
Well, assuming Ilanga had a belt anyway,
Given the Roses state of undress, Éclair figured best not to assume.
Old January 9, 2020, 03:48 AM   #54
Indefinite
Foreboden!

The exact details sounded rather... complicated? Ilanga wasn't sure she understood at all, in fact, and so latched onto that last statement that Éclair had made. Obviously she didn't get it, because she was just an initiate! Everything would make so much more sense once she had a bit of experience.

In other words: try thing and see what happened! Right?

Polishing off her bread, linking errant jam off her fingers, the newborn necromancer seemed quite pleased with how things had turned out. "Thank you very much!" That for all that she could stick around all day and listen to lessons and stories from Éclair? Bread was done, and her sister was waiting after all.

"Next time you come back, please let us show you how much we've learned!" Counting on the fact that, well, the Jorelite's visits were actually relatively spread out and sparse. Nevertheless? A polite curtsy, as she made to leave.

Old January 9, 2020, 04:10 AM   #55
Éclair Mainesthai
Mister Jorel's Girl

Most things when push came to shove,
Did so tend to be Complicated, in spite of Éclair’s best efforts.
Mostly, she figured, was due to everything Changing, and so, all and any answers given were also subject to that malleable nature,
If everything was Simple and Predictable,
Then obviously, there was an Order to it and that was Wrong.
Confusing and Complicated,
While it made Éclair’s head hurt, did at least provide a comfort of sorts that Her Mister Jorel was there,
Next Time!
Uh, right! Éclair looked a little bemused at that,
Taking refuge in consuming the rest of her Honey Mead. Try as she might, that for all that Éclair intended on spending more time with the Roses? It never really quite manifested given that she wasn’t exactly sure as to how best y’know, deal with the whole Alithean Thing.
On one hand? She really had no qualms,
With having any and every Toy amongst the Roses adding Éclair to their Notch of Conquest.
On the other hand? Éclair had a whole lot of issue with being Unfaithful to Anna and Melissa, ever since Anna-Sweetheart had been claimed by the Dollhouse.
Drug-fuelled Orgies and being Picky just didn’t quite Mix.
Short of grabbing a dozen or two of the Prettiest Toys and locking herself in a room with the lot? It just probably wouldn't work out...
Plus there was the whole,
She got far more out of it, having time spent with Her Dolls anyway,
And for Toys? Well, Mister Spade had been the only one to make Éclair see stars; so why subject herself to bruised knees and a sore derrière for limited gain?
Because it’s fun!
Well, besides that, Éclair just sighed,
”I’ll swing by in good time,
Practice makes perfect so I do hope you and your Sister do your best, very best!”
Old January 9, 2020, 04:57 PM   #56
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Off the initiate necromancer went, then! Hopefully she and others wouldn't get into too much trouble, if only because Temperance was just upstairs, after all. Having some big bad demon burst onto the scene down here probably wouldn't spell all that great of a time for the people above - not unless matters were nipped in the bud quite quickly, of course.

Which, then, left Éclair to her mead, and her bread, and her jam.

It was the simple things in life! A fair reward for a job well done, it seemed. With Kathoey likely the only hanging question mark of people who might try and track her down for more questions in the immediate future (Ruby likely being very distracted, and the twins well on their way towards going that path as well, it seemed)? It would be easy enough to focus on enjoying the fare.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: