Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > Administrate of Centripax

Old October 12, 2020, 06:36 AM   #1
Norin Beldwhig
Luminary

Norin Beldwhig is an upstanding Citizen
[Primus Gaudeo] A New Direction (Open)

ERA XXVI - Summer

It had been 13 years since Norin moved to Primus Gaudeo and working in politics had not been as he had imagined it. He had travelled a lot between Zerdargia and Primus Gaudeo since he was the official liaison between the two cities, but most of his work consisted of paper work. It had become tedious and he longed for something more, something new. As he sat in his office and was not at all up to date with the political situation. He felt out of touch.

Norin got up and left the Concordia Incola to take a walk through Primus Gaudeo. As he walked he hummed to himself and made his way through the summer struck streets where a cool breeze was blowing heralding the arrival of autumn in less than a month. As he walked, he noted how even this city had become nothing more than a shadow of its glory once. He longed to do something about it, to help rebuild, to help make the city, and the whole province, prosper and grow. It was not possible. One thing Norin had learned was that such things required leadership, which was something that was lacking.

As Norin walked through Primus Gaudeo, he noticed the evil growing in the city and decided to meet up with an acquaintance of his, someone who could update him on the comings and goings of the more shady aspects of the city, an informant who had been lawfully dutiful in helping rout out gangs and cults in the city over the years. Someone he knew he could find at the inn around the corner.

Norin entered the inn, which was more empty than he had anticipated. He looked around at the ragged people sitting around before nodding at the bartender. He hadn't been here in years and it was doubtful anyone remembered him. He made his way upstairs where he believed he could find his informant, or at least someone who could help track the person down, or maybe someone who could update him on news of the city and the province as a whole.

OOC: Everyone is welcome to join and post at any time. I have many ideas for a larger plot, but let me know what you expect and want.

Norin's CIR

Dwarven Ambassador of Zerdargia in Primus Gaudeo
Veldar Elite Captain Reservist
Peace and Tolerance shall set us free

Last edited by Norin Beldwhig; October 12, 2020 at 06:55 AM.
Norin Beldwhig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16, 2020, 01:53 AM   #2
Norin Beldwhig
Luminary

Kaelia was sitting at the long table with two others playing dice. It was clear by her outbursts of joy and the groans of the others that she was winning, and she was taking their money too. Norin stepped up behind her. She looked over her shoulders with a happy smile before looking back at the other two sitting at the table.

It was quiet on the upper floor, with larger tables but more privacy. As Norin looked at the two others they got the message. They had lost most of their money anyway. They left their chairs clearly upset at losing to Kaelia, and then turned towards their private chamber. The only disadvantage of sitting up here was the rooms that could be rented were all accessed from this common area, which was probably why it was usually devoid of people, that and the fact that up here you didn't get any service.

Norin sat down as Kaelia counted her earnings.

"You wanna play?" Kaelia asked.

"Sure, but don't take all my money. I know you cheat at this game." Norin pointed out as he took the dice.

"What do you want?" Kaelia was clearly annoyed at Norin's accusation.

"Something is happening. I feel it, and I'm pretty sure you feel it too. Something bad, something terrible." The two of them continued playing while Norin lost his money and tried to get information in exchange.

"Yeah. I feel it. I don't know what it is. However, I've heard of a doomsday cult that has taken up residence here in town. I can give you the location, if you help me out with a little problem." Kaelia seemed distressed.

"Sure. What's the problem?" Norin regretted practically agreeing before hearing her out.

Kaelia smiled. "Some of the people I used to work with are looking for me. I've heard rumours that they've tracked me down, and that they're coming for me. They could right outside the inn right now, or it could be a few brightenings before they arrive. I need protection."

"You stole from them, didn't you? You took a larger share than your bounty and then you fled, right? Don't worry, I may be able to give you protection in exchange for the location of this doomsday cult."

Kaelia won again, put down the dice, and looked at Norin as she put an axe on the table. "I don't want that kind of protection. I need you. I know you once served in the Veldar Elite. You know how to use this, and I need you as my bodyguard. You protect me from these ruffians without question and without involving the authorities, and I'll give you the location of the doomsday cult."

Kaelia's deal was on the table. Norin thought a bit and then picked up the axe, agreeing to work as her bodyguards until these ruffians were dealt with.

Norin's CIR

Old October 21, 2020, 05:32 AM   #3
Norin Beldwhig
Luminary

Norin didn't have to wait long. He spent the day in the tavern keeping an eye out for any threats while Kaelia played her games, clearly cheating to win larger and larger sums. Norin understood why someone would want to kill Kaelia as revenge for stealing a livelihood.

It was close to darkening when half a dozen motley men sauntered into the tavern led by a brawny man with a cloudy right eye and a cruel sneer. Norin heard them downstairs before he noticed them.

"We're looking for an old friend of ours," Norin heard. "Goes by the name 'Kaelia,' or so I'm told. Loves to cheat at dice."

Norin gripped his axe and noticed Kaelia stiffen. Whoever she was playing with noticed the rising tension, and as the six ruffians came up the stairs, Kaelia quickly found herself alone at the table. She stood up to face her aggressors with Norin standing next to her, holding the axe in a threatening manner.

Norin had hoped he could reason with the assailants, but as soon as they recognized Kaelia, they drew daggers and launched themselves forward. Three of them pushed into Norin, who had taken up a defensive stance that ensured that he didn't loose his footing. He was taken by surprised though, and didn't have time to bring up his axe. Luckily, the ruffians were only looking to ensure that Norin couldn't get in the way for the others to advance towards Kaelia.

Two of the ruffians pushed Kaelia past the chairs and into the table where she lay forced to the wood as the leader stepped forward and stuck his dagger into her stomach.

As Kaelia screamed in pain, Norin finally got his bearings, pushed his assailants away and swung his axe towards one of the two ruffians holding Kaelia down. A bleeding gash formed on the surpised man who looked at Norin before crumbling to his knee while his comrade let go of Kaelia.

The leader stepped back and Norin found himself surrounded by four ruffians and a dying Kaelia on the table. As the ruffians advanced in a battle stance, their leader slowly retreated and made his way down the stairs.

Norin didn't want to let him go, so he switched his weight on to the other leg, moving into an offensive stance that allowed him to slice his axe into the face of one of the ruffians that he pivoetted around to use him as a shield against the attacks of the remaining three.

He now stood on the other side of his enemies, but they seemed more interested in killing Norin now than dealing with Kaelia, who was unconscious anyway. Norin stumbled towards the stairs in a feint that allowed him to step back towards the ruffians that hurried towards him. He planted his axe in the stomach of his enemy and grabbed his dagger.

Norin found himself stumbling down the stairs. The ruffians must have gotten a few hits in because he felt faint and dizzy. He was lying down on the landing up against the wall and noticed the blood spilling out. One of the ruffians had to be pushed away as he had dived into Norin's recently acquired dagger. The last ruffian fled, and Norin couldn't get his bearings. He was confused. What had happened? Had he been struck before or after trying to make his way down the stairs? Maybe the ruffians had gotten him as he pivoetted around them. Those were the last thoughts before everything went dark.

Norin's CIR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: