Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > United Arium Directorate

Old March 3, 2019, 09:00 PM   #1
Saal'Niss
Citizen

Saal'Niss is an upstanding Citizen
[Great Mountains] Delving deeper underground [Indefinite]

Winter Era XXVI

Time had passed and the saurid was unsure of where exactly he stood with the spirits. Here and there it seemed he had contributed, but the exact impact of it all eluded him. He had yet to be consumed which was of some relief for it meant that he had provided enough thus far to be considered an asset worth keeping around. The question now was whether or not enough had been provided where it was believed he had enough potential in future. It was one thing to be safe in present, another to have one's place in the future guaranteed. Was it too obvious, however, if he sought out the spirits to give him further tasks? Perhaps it was better to know his place and wait for them to come to him. Beyond anything else, Saal'Niss knew it would be unwise to try and act of his own initiative, not when there was still too much he did not know and he lacked power.

Was there truly any harm in the saurid going to the spirits and seeing if there was more that he could do? Perhaps it would be obvious that he attempted to curry their favor, but the more he thought about it, the more he wondered if anything unfavorable could truly result from it. It seemed obvious that somebody in his situation would attempt to stay in the good graces of their benefactors. On the other hand, if he did not do anything, perhaps it could be said of him that he was not proactive enough to further the efforts of the spirits. This was far more likely to be fatal.

Very well. Steeling his resolve, Saal'Niss sought them out. If there was something that he could do, their whispers would lead him in the right direction. In the worst case scenario surely it would merely be a matter of having nothing to do?

Work has picked up, so I apologize for the delay in posts.
Saal'Niss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2019, 06:14 PM   #2
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero
The spirits were, as always, a chaotic cacophony. Their's remained a most alien world to the saurid, preoccupied with matters and treating them with values that remained quite a departure from Saal'Niss' own sensibilities. In the end, he was but a minor resource to be utilized, and it was some time before they deigned to acknowledge his presence.

As always, being in their presence felt as if a horde of spiders was crawling all over him - no, not merely upon him, but the itching could be felt within, as well, deep in his body and the crevices of his mind.

One of the more benevolent spirits was curious as to what the saurid was here for. He had not been summoned.

Indefinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2019, 10:20 PM   #3
Saal'Niss
Citizen

It remained a terribly unsettling experience. Saal'Niss did his best not to make his discomfort apparent. He imagined that with time it was something that he could eventually acclimate to. For now, he simply did his best not to partake in the urge to scratch himself all over.

This problem quickly seemed to disappear now that he was in the presence of one of the spirits. It was just the one, and yet the saurid felt absolutely dwarfed in its shadow. They remained so alien, and it was difficult to believe that they truly needed an agent such as himself. The interaction that the spirits had with the world was truly a peculiarity.

Steeling himself, Saal'Niss tried to broadcast his intentions to the spirits. Did they have something for him to do? He was simply trying to take the initiative and make himself useful. Then again, perhaps taking the initiative should have taken the form of him going off and doing something without having to be told. But he was not so confident yet, he felt.

Old March 15, 2019, 09:37 PM   #4
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero
There would be a deafening silence that felt far too long. It was only exacerbated by the continual feeling of the spiders crawling all over and within him, of course.

Eventually, the spirits responded to him. Very interesting. Very well.

The underground was a dangerous place. It was difficult to survive on one's own. Allies were good. It was difficult, of course, for wild animals to make allies. Saal'Niss would perhaps have an easier time of things. It was a useful thing to be a saurid and not a spider.

Perhaps it was too early. Perhaps the saurid thought he was ready. What did he think? Was he ready for the role of a fledgling diplomat?

Old March 17, 2019, 01:07 PM   #5
Saal'Niss
Citizen

The way that it was described to Saal'Niss, it certainly sounded like quite the task that was being set ahead of him. He admittedly had his doubts as to whether he was capable of doing what was asked of him. Given his background, he was not sure if he was really the best person for this. Then again, the spiders did not entirely have a choice in the matter. An inept saurid was likely better than a spider was ever going to be. Unless the diplomacy would be between groups of spiders, Saal'Niss could likely provide more, even if he had no idea what he was doing.

Simply being better did not necessarily mean that he would perform the job well, however. Would there be instances where a diplomatic agreement was possible with benefit for the spiders, but things fell through because the saurid was unable to perform? His only interactions had been the twisted dynamics with his fellow saurid tribe, and now the strange shamanistic agreement with the spiders. How could any of what he wanted to do be accomplished if he had no idea what others he might be working with?

"It is too early," the saurid declared after some thinking. It was a bold move on his part, he felt. Saal'Niss was unsure whether this was merely another test posed to him by the spirits, whether it was possibly a matter of seeing whether he was reckless. "It is too early, but knowing that this is a goal, steps can be taken to approach it." He did not have the experience. Therefore, the solution was to go out and get experience.

"If now is a time where I am not needed, then let me wander. Grant me some protection, but I can go and experience things. See people. Talk with others. I must be able to do this if I am to accomplish what you have set out before me."

Old March 18, 2019, 03:51 PM   #6
Indefinite
Foreboden!

Overbearing silence.

There was perhaps some deliberation behind the scenes, but it seemed the spirits were particularly good at keeping Saal'Niss in the dark and letting the tension build somewhat. Eventually, however, they would deliver their verdict to the saurid.

Very well. He was still incapable. He would be given the opportunity to grow into the capable agent that they needed.

There was a question for him. What did he intend to do? How would he acquire what he needed?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: