Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Special Events > Pirates of Aelyria

Notices

Old March 26, 2004, 08:17 AM   #1
Kaelon
Tyrant of Eternity

Kaelon is a glorious SuperheroKaelon is a glorious SuperheroKaelon is a glorious SuperheroKaelon is a glorious SuperheroKaelon is a glorious SuperheroKaelon is a glorious SuperheroKaelon is a glorious Superhero
[Pirates - Kaldira] Chapter 2 - "First Preparations" (Sailors)

"All aboard, lads!" greeted Admiral Gorrel Angelico as he strode up to the upper deck of the AFS Khatakera. He placed a warm hand upon the wooden railing and began to beckon the adventurers who had identified themselves as sailors on over. "Do not be shy," he said, "this is really going to be a rather simple endeavour. But first, before I begin, I need to ask - do any of you here present have any experience in sailing? It will make matters much easier if I can identify those among us who already know the parts to a ship!" It was obvious that the Admiral was looking for a communitarian approach to learning about seafaring.
Old March 26, 2004, 01:21 PM   #2
Veleraen
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Veleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious Superhero
Finally after all the bickering and arguing, the Admiral had broken everything up and everyone was on their way to their respective duties. Now that Admiral Gorrel Angelico was in charge of the sailors, Veleraen gave him his full attention as he shouted out 'All aboard lads!'. It seemed the admiral wanted them to join him on the upper deck of the ship, and the giant without hesitation followed. His huge feet thumping along the deck of the ship, Veleraen eventually made his way up to the upper deck and towered over everyone.

Veleraen was kind of shy in certain social aspects but did not want to show his weakness in front of everyone. As he reached the upper deck he looked down at everyone else, listening for his next orders. Veleraen had never been on a ship before, or seen one of that matter, as this was his first time being on a sea faring vessel ever. The giant was looking forward to this exciting adventure as to the mysteries and puzzles that were to be solved in the brightenings ahead.

The giant standing silently with his arms crossed, shook his head slightly, indicating to the Admiral that he had no experience in sailing once so ever.
"I must say I have no real experience at this kind of thing. But there's always a first time for everything." The giant let out a hearty chuckle.
It was kind of shameful really that the giant didn't really know anything about sailing and then he decides to join a ship full of people on a crazy adventure. But where's the fun without that?

Veleraen surveyed the scene and remembered that Argonox would also be apart of the sailor group with him. It was a happy thought as he would have someone to talk to while they worked.

SoF

RL Update (May 2019) - Am finishing up a couple of threads and then retiring for the foreseeable future. I will still lurk but after this, I'm done.

Old March 26, 2004, 02:02 PM   #3
Timotheus
Famous

Timotheus is an upstanding Citizen
Timotheus walked to where the Admiral was addressing the group of those who had volunteered as sailors. He had been waiting for this time to start, with Bretheren and Larien, wondering how this was all going to work out. It was all going to be new to Timotheus, who had never set foot on a boat or ship until this moment, so as The admiral asked for anyone who had any real experience of sailing to come forth, Timotheus had to hang his head and wait.

I'm afraid I have no experience of sailing of any kind Admiral, but I would also state that I am very willing to learn from one such as yourself. It would seem that this may be a steep learning curve, but there would also look to be an immense amount of interesting involvement for all concerned.

Timotheus waited and wondered if Larien or Bretheren actually knew anything about sailing. He wasn't sure if he was the only one of the little group he had joining in with that didn't know one end of a boat to another but if this was the case then they would all be learning together which was not a bad thing.

Timotheus noticed that a giant of a man had also answered the admiral to the fact he was a person new to the art of sailing. Serale sir, My name is Timotheus. It would seem to be that we are of like experience when it comes to sailing. I am pleased to see I am not the only person who hasn't been sailing before. We, my friends, Bretheren, Larien, and myself, have volunteered to be part of this crew, like yourself. I hope to learn much from this journey and, I must admit, am excited that we shall hopefully be on our way soon. Perhaps as this voyage takes place we shall learn much from this experience and also become friends. Timotheus wanted to start out the journey on the right foot. If he could make friends of those he was going to be working with then this would make the whole experience more enjoyable.

Timotheus' CIR

Thanks go to Niobe for my new Avatar
Old March 26, 2004, 02:46 PM   #4
Sakura D'aron
Champion

Sakura D'aron is an upstanding Citizen
Sakura sighed and looked down at Greeper, ''Well Greeper, there's our call.'' She said lightly and stepped forward but stayed far enough to not be in the middle of the group among all others.

"Well...I dont have any experience in sailing...'' she said evenly. And in truth, she did not. Although she had recently attempted to commandeer a ship with another daft lady just for the heck of it. Or it had started that way at least. Shoving that thought to the back of her mind she looked down at Greeper and smiled cheerfully, ''See, now we have something in common, neither of us have sailed!'' she said and chuckled lightly.

NOTE!! RETIRED CHARACTER
Old March 26, 2004, 05:03 PM   #5
Larien Kaldres
Notable

Larien Kaldres is an upstanding Citizen
Larien chuckled to herself, she no longer had any worries that she alone would be clueless as to the workings of a ship. She was relieved that the Admiral did not assume that they were all seasoned sailors. When she heard the word 'simple' she was even more relieved.

I regret to inform you Admiral, I too have no experience in sailing.

She was slightly disappointed with herself for having to admit her shortcomings to everyone present. But she quickly pushed it out of her mind when she noticed Timotheus introducing himself to one of the giants she had seen discussing weaponry earlier. She wandered over to where the men were talking, she was glad to be standing beside Timotheus, at only one-third of the giants height, Tim's 10 inches on her didn't seem quite so bad. Oce Bretheren was over here, she wouldn't feel quite so miniscule anymore.

Serale, Larien Elensar is my name. It is a pleasure to make the acquaintance of a person who is so... looked up to. She wasn't sure how the giant would take the humor, but she figured that one as tall as he, would likely have gotten used to it, and would take it lightly. She looked fixedly for a moment at the giants neck. That is an interesting necklace you wear. What animal did those tusks come from?
Old March 26, 2004, 05:43 PM   #6
Veleraen
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Veleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious Superhero
As Veleraen was admiring the scenery of it all, when an elf and a half elf approached him almost simultaneously. The giant was actually surprised people were not scared or had some kind of discrimination against Giants as they were notorious for eating people, luckily for them, Veleraen wasn't one of those Giants. Veleraen lowered his head in response to their introductions and grinned, followed up by his own greeting in his deep, semi-booming voice.

"Serale," Veleraen chuckled at Larien's comment of being looked up to.
"My name is Veleraen, it is a honour to meet the two of you. It is true, sailing is not my area of expertise, but we will all get through it, through thick and thin. I too am anxious to get on our way." Veleraen smiled scratched his right arm, flexing it a little, showing his true muscles.
"This necklace was made from boar tusks that I hunted down myself when i was a young man. They were given to me as a present from my parents when I left my home in the wilderness of Centripax. This scar here.." The giant pointed to the scar running down the left side of his face. "This scar I received from fighting them, I tripped over a log and fell and the boar managed to give me a good shot to the side of the face."

Veleraen looked up into the sky, sending him back on a familiar sense of nostalgia back to the past when he was a young man. He could still remember the feeling when the boar caught him across the face, the searing sting of the tusk ripping through the skin of his face, the warmness of his blood, it falling upon the snow-covered forest floor and then him getting up and finally quashing the conflict between him and the animal. The giant snapped out of his trance a little embarassed and scratched the back of his head and chuckled.

"Sometimes I get caught up in my thoughts." Veleraen smiled grimly. The giant hoped that their discussion wasn't interrupting the Admiral's procedures as he didn't want to interfere with anything that was already planned.

SoF

RL Update (May 2019) - Am finishing up a couple of threads and then retiring for the foreseeable future. I will still lurk but after this, I'm done.

Old March 26, 2004, 09:45 PM   #7
Raliric Ered`Gard
Mythic

Raliric Ered`Gard is an upstanding Citizen
The dracon in human form smiled slightly at what the Admiral said, agreeing with his words. He moved from where he had stopped during his little rant and back to his saddle bags. Taking them up and resting them easily over one of his shoulders, taking his other equipment before moving toward the upper deck. He did not say anything at first when he arrived, prefering to stand to the back and lean against one of he railings, still able to see and hear, but just not being close to the group. His dark cavernous eyes moved over those who had come to the upper deck, those that he would be working closely with because they would be within the same crew as he. He looked first at the gaint, noting that his strength would definately be beneficial on the ship, but would his weight and shear size slow the ship down, or perhaps make it harder for Malroth to make the ship fly? Raliric shrugged, the insane mage would figure something out. And by the looks of those others who had gone to help Malroth, he would be able to accomplish it. The dracon did not understand why a crew was needed when arcana would be used to make the ship fly and move. They would perhaps have to handle the sails, but the rest of what was needed on a normal ship would not apply because they were not sailing through water, they were sailing through air.

He shook his head slightly, those caverns of darkness moving next to the half-elf as he spoke after the giant, noting that so far none of those who had come to become crew had any experience in sailing a ship. This would perhaps be better, the admiral could start out fresh and teach the crew exactly what he expected of them and since it was the only thing they knew, they would do it one that way. The Moriquendi was next to take Raliric's attention and once more no experience, just like the elf who came next. Raliric could see that the Admiral would have a better time explaining everything completely with everyone paying attention then explaining everything completely with only a few people paying attention whilst the others stopped listening because they knew what they were doing.

Raliric did not move from his position as he replied. "I have no experience on a ship either." Raliric's eyes then moved to the giant who explained how he had come upon his horny necklace. The dracon in human form could not help but give a smirk at what was told. Not a mocking smirk, merely a smirk of amusement, he would have laughed after killing the boars at how close he had come to death, he had done it after every other near death experience, sometimes even laughing during the experience. Raliric was a strange dracon, a dare devil, an adventurer. He reached behind his back and drew out the Graw'lak that he himself forged the blade of. The Graw'lak known as 'Honour', this he used on his nails, getting the grit out from under them. The twin polished blades of the Graw'lak shining in the rays of sunlight.

There was plenty of time with which to get to know the rest of the crew and it was impelite to change the subject when your teacher asked a simple question that needed only a simple answer. The Admiral would continue soon, perhaps a little angrier that his crew could not just shut up, listen and learn. Raliric knew that he would be.
Old March 27, 2004, 07:05 PM   #8
Bretheren
Adventurer

Bretheren is an upstanding Citizen
Finally thing were started to move. The “summoned were divided into three groups. He, and his new friend were assigned to the admiral.

When Admiral asked who knew something of sailing, Bretheren was found in add situation. He was a navy soldier but he did not now anything of sailing. Even worst for him, he was on a bout just couple of times in his life. His all training in Olympia was on the solid ground. But he was relived when Timotheus said that he did not have any experience too. It made things more easy for Bretheren. He approached to Admiral and said Serale sir, myname is Bretheren and i am applying for position of crewman of this ship. I must admit that I have no knowledge and experience in sailing. But I am eager to learn.

He felt much more relieved when he finished that. Now he could join Timotheus and Larien who had find a new friend. It was a giant. He was so scary. Bretheren had never saw a giant in his life, but he heard lots of tail, or better said fairytales of giants. But he looked like every other person but much bigger. Timotheus said his name to the giant so Bretheren did not wanna showed bad manner so he approached to the giant and saidsaid Serale, I am Bretheren. I must agree with Timotheus, I also hope that I will learn something from this adventure and that I will found some new friend. It seams that nobody of us had any experience in sailing.

Bretheren's CIR

Borna will live im my mind, they can not take that from me
Old March 29, 2004, 07:12 AM   #9
Larien Kaldres
Notable

Larien Kaldres is an upstanding Citizen
Larien smiled, I hail from Natura, so I know a little of the Centripaxian Forest. I walked through it when I came to Natura from Prime. The necklace is something to be proud of, and so is the scar. They are both symbols of sucess, victory and perseverance.

Larien felt the skin on the back of her neck crawl, and she noticed a man leaning against the rail of the ship while cleaning his nails. She gave him a half-smile and a slight nod of her head. She was sure that he had been looking their way a moment before. She looked back to Timotheus, Bretheran and Veleraen and waited for the Admiral to get responses from the other crew.
Old March 30, 2004, 08:36 AM   #10
Argonox Arkdün
Hero

Argonox Arkdün is a benevolent Adventurer
Argo could not help but find it funny that he owned seven ships to start up his trade business in Archadoon but really knew nothing about ships and how they worked. With the dealings of the city as Thane, and his daily functions as owner of the Urthwerks, he had never had the opportunity to learn about seafaring ... until now.

"Admiral, I am as unfamiliar with the functions of a ship and the responsibilities as a crewmember as everyone here has claimed. I am also assuming that means we are about to have a long training session so that we can better help you with our task. I hope that my lack of knowledge does not hinder the project."

Argo could not help but fear that this missions chance of failure had just escalated due to the lack of knowledge that everyone seemed to possess when it came to seafaring. From the looks, he also thought that if combat were in order, this crew looked as if it would fair well with the exception of the differences that might exist between fighting aboard a ship versus fighting on dry land.
Old March 30, 2004, 09:34 AM   #11
Thomas Ocean
Adventurer

Thomas Ocean is an upstanding Citizen
Tom pushed himself off the mast he'd been leaning against and wandered over to the Admiral who seemed to be taking care of the sailors. His sabre clanged against the side of his leg as he walked. He found the gentle pressure comforting. It put him at ease.

As he reached the cluster of soon-to-be-sailors, he cast a glance around them, looking to see who he'd be working with. They seemed like a people who can take care of themselves. He listened as everyone spoke of their unfamiliaratarity of sailing and Thomas was no different.

"I don't know anything either" Tom quipped in, a large grin on his face. It should be be fun though, he thought. He always liked learning new things. He usually latched quickly onto ideas and he was also quite good at labour. His background of working on his fathers farm had seen to that.

Like Heavy Metal? Visit
My Band's New Website
Old April 4, 2004, 05:16 PM   #12
Walen Birch
Hero

Wealth Tier: Bronze
Walen Birch is a famous HeroWalen Birch is a famous Hero
Walen gave a hearty laughed after the Admiral asked his question about sailing. Walen could hardly be called one with experience. Indeed, all of his time had been spent on land. He had crossed mountains, walked through dark woods and over plains of thick grass. He had fought in great battles, wooed a few women in his travels and even had time to receive training as a ranger. Yet he could hardly even consider being a sailor. For the first time, Walen wondered what he was getting himself into. Though the adventure sounded grand - to be sure - and the rewards would be great just for having participated in this great quest Walen still felt a great amount of uncertainty. Is this what Carmelya had intended for him?

"Admiral," Walen called out to respond. "I've never been on a boat before. So I could hardly be called a sailor by any means."

Shrugging his shoulders, Walen continued. "But I suppose there is no time like the present to learn."

Lauging again, Walen then wondered what he was to about Cry. The eagle that Carmelya had given him before he had travelled north to Archadoon had been quite a companion. Would he follow him out to sea? And should he make the Admiral aware of the eagle's presence? Perhaps if they had the opportunity to speak before they commenced their journey he would discuss it. Otherwise, he would wait and see what fate put in front of him.

Old April 10, 2004, 03:43 PM   #13
Greeper
Notable

Greeper is an upstanding Citizen
Greeper, a bit delayed behind Sakura, finally caught up, just in time to answer the question. "Uh... um... No!" Greeper said finally understanding the question enough to properly answer it. He remained humble and bleak, hiding behind Sakura instead of openly desplaying his Greeper.

Instead he whispered up to Sakura, "Psst... whats a Letter of Mark... Maren... Mala... Markqee?" He was just confused, and shy, it could be attributed the large human, named Walen Birch, that was standing not to far away, boy he intimadated him, but all the sailors but Sakura and Larien did, Walen the most though.
Old April 29, 2004, 12:58 PM   #14
Sakura D'aron
Champion

Sakura D'aron is an upstanding Citizen
Sakura blinked and looked down at her companion and smiled shaking her head then kneeled down to him. "Well Greeper," She whispered softly. "A letter of Marque is...is..." She frowned as she struggled to think of the simplest way of explaining it to Greeper so that she would not confuse him more. "Well I'll explain it to you more clearly later. But lets just say a letter of Marque is a little piece of paper that may prove very helpful later on." She whispered lightly and smiled and stood back up.

NOTE!! RETIRED CHARACTER