Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Community > General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old August 15, 2019, 07:25 PM   #16
Rothgar
The Watcher

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Rothgar is a malevolent Minion
Don't forget:

1. The blog you get for your character if you have companionship. I personally used that to fill in my character's back story. I was happy to pay a full year companionship to have that option. But that is gone now. So the only reason for companionship ifor me, is a custom avatar? Not worth it.

2. The wiki (no offence Indef) Doesnt work period. As a new a player, I cannot find anything, because I do not know the search terms. The wiki as it stands now is a list of 1200ish posts. Some are very brief, some are more indepth, but its hard to know what is accurate and what isn't.
Old August 15, 2019, 07:36 PM   #17
Rothgar
The Watcher

And to reiterate Indef's list of spambots. They are constantly posting. I posted.. I refreshed.. and BOOM.. Spambot post:

Old August 15, 2019, 10:24 PM   #18
Moss Oktra'rek
Father Of Loremark

Wealth Tier: Steel
Moss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious Superhero
My biggest pain point - and I know I'm not alone in this - is the lack of communication on the update. I know this isn't something the staff have any control over, but I think it warrants a mention all the same. The user above is not planning to renew their Companionship, as mentioned. And I know of people who aren't posting because they want to see if the upgrade will actually take place before they commit, especially as the original timeline of early June (for the 30th Anniversary) came and went over two months ago. It's been almost six months since the last update.

That means it's more than just functionality that's hurting. The actual player base is suffering, and there are amazing stories that are not being written because of uncertainty about the future.

I know these fixes and upgrades are often a lot more complicated and time-consuming when you actually take a look under the hood, so a lengthy wait for an upgrade isn't the worst thing in the world...but it wouldn't take much to pop in here every month or two just to give a very brief update around timelines. It's the fear of the unknown that is the killer, in my opinion.

Competition: Win a month of Companionship here!
Moss Oktra'rek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2019, 10:24 AM   #19
Eelahi Moi'baern
Notable

Eelahi Moi'baern is unknown and forgotten
I completely agree with Moss. I understand that these things take time, and that there is a lot going on in the background / under the hood that will take time. But a quick update now and then, even it's just to pop in and let us know that y'all are working on it would be absolutely stellar.

If Anyone ever discovers exactly what the
universe is for and why it is here,
it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory that this has
already happened.
Eelahi Moi'baern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2019, 01:52 PM   #20
Ann
Leader

Ann is a famous HeroAnn is a famous HeroAnn is a famous Hero
Hi, I have messaged Juan (and I know he saw my message) to update this thread. Now that may or may not happen.
It probably won't make you feel any better but I am unable to play any of my characters because I need my password reset and well that is just not happening for me.

If I can get answers I will pass them along. If I were closer to MA I'd try something more direct but I don't so I won't.
Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2019, 02:53 PM   #21
Calednon
Citizen

Calednon is an upstanding Citizen
So another to add to the list, is that password resets are not working as well.
Old August 17, 2019, 03:22 PM   #22
Ann
Leader

Well they didn't for me. That being said I've decided that technology and I are not friends right now.
Old August 17, 2019, 03:34 PM   #23
Rothgar
The Watcher

Considering the fact the website is broken, if you wanted to rp - could the mods agree to allow you create an temp account so you could rp your characters? It seems a small enough considersation. IF / when the site is functional again, a note in your CIR could clarify the reason for the two accounts, with the temp one being disabled, perhaps?
Old August 20, 2019, 02:12 PM   #24
Eelahi Moi'baern
Notable

Eelahi Moi'baern is unknown and forgotten
Yeah, I can't access any character except for Eelahi right now, because I can't reset my password Honestly, I would rather be playing on Ashandra, or Illyria, or even Myr'rae, but I'm stuck with Eelahi because of this

If Anyone ever discovers exactly what the
universe is for and why it is here,
it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory that this has
already happened.
Eelahi Moi'baern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2019, 06:45 PM   #25
Ann
Leader

Let me see what can be done about resetting passwords.
Old August 21, 2019, 02:23 PM   #26
Ann
Leader

So to update something on my end, I now have the right set of permissions to change passwords etc.
Old August 21, 2019, 04:19 PM   #27
Straylor Leonard

Aether Astronaut

Wealth Tier: Adamantite
Straylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious Superhero
Yay! That's a huge step in the right direction. Thanks, Ann
Straylor Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21, 2019, 08:26 PM   #28
Hay'aan Malinconico
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero
Like my toga-wearing friend said. That's a great step. Thanks, Ann.
Old August 21, 2019, 08:33 PM   #29
Moss Oktra'rek
Father Of Loremark

Wealth Tier: Steel
Moss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious SuperheroMoss Oktra'rek is a glorious Superhero
Brilliant work, Ann! Thanks so much - I'm sure others will definitely appreciate this! I hope this means that you, (and others), feel they have a greater opportunity to play.

Competition: Win a month of Companionship here!
Moss Oktra'rek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: