Read all about our outage on this thread.

Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > Administrate of Centripax

Old June 28, 2019, 11:05 PM   #76
Argon Shatterskin
Hero

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Argon Shatterskin is a famous HeroArgon Shatterskin is a famous Hero
Argon listened to the fisherman's tale of woe. So he railed against it? This fisherfiend characateur? Well it had possibly made him incapable of fitting with society but if they werr so disfunctional the who had agreed tp breed with them?

Argon decided it were better to sympathise than to mock
this stage.

"ye know that fer all yer fishing obsession that ye still seem to be a kind man?" Argon offered as an observation "but is there a reason why yer family became so obsessed with fishing? A curse? A story? A reason that ye know? Perhaps there is more to this than a simple obsession as it seems that no generation can entirely escape."

Argon's mind questioned many things. Perhaps they had been a family of fish cursed into human form bent toward fishing their own kind for all eternity until the curse was broken?

Perhaps it was simpler and Devon merely needed to catch a special fish that would end the obsession

Ikonomancer, axeman, wall painter in rouge. A 'hero'
Known runes: Brittle, Long, Sharp - each of these are tattoed upon the right oversized arm

Last edited by Argon Shatterskin; June 29, 2019 at 01:48 AM.
Argon Shatterskin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 3, 2019, 11:31 PM   #77
Z'kron
Mythic

Z'kron is a benevolent AdventurerZ'kron is a benevolent Adventurer
“That's a very long story, Master Shatterskin. We're not really sure why this went on. But we do know that it's something that's held true for generations. It started as an obsession. But then, one of our progenitors- well, we thought he died. Except he didn't. And from then on, the obsession became stronger and stranger. If you'd like to help me investigate that, I'd be more than happy to accept your assistance. It would require some delving, for sure. Down in the depths, where the ancestor returned from. Deeper than we'd go on this trip, I'm fairly certain.”

He spoke with a type of leaden weariness throughout. If there was any hope there, it was surely being suppressed for the time being.

“Or, it could just be the curse of being related to a family of madmen. It's often easy to look to a supernatural cause when who we are is merely of function of our lineage. Or, to wonder if there's a reason for a wild animal wandering upon a camp, and hope it's a function of a grand adventure. When mayhap it was a badger cub or somesuch.”
Z'kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2019, 07:07 PM   #78
Argon Shatterskin
Hero

Argon listened to the midnight lucid man and runinated over asking about a strange wild animal in camp at the middle of the night. If as postulated the animal may be harmless. Being a wild animal meant that could never be counted upon especially with limited observation.

The tale of work for Devon was naturally heart wrenching but it seemed logical if there were a supernatural cause then there would be a supernatural solution. If it were a natural cause then there may also be a natural or supernatural solution. Either way Argon didn't accept the idea that there was no solution and he needed people that had every reason to be on his side in eras to come. Even the odd people.

"Aye I would he happy to investigate at that" Argon suggested "but with my meagre skills at present I may suggest I learn a thing or two about the natural and supernatural realms. It be hard to solve a problem from a position of ignorance"

Argon had for all intents and purposes drifted along a familiar road that challenged him not for a long while. He needed to expand his experiences and challenge himself. The world of Telath needed to be tackled with eyes wide open if the empire were to be truly saved and he may as well focus on saving individuals for practice in saving the rest.

"but just a note." Argon said happy to reveal his thoughts "even natural conditions may have remedies. Whatever the cause there must be a way to a solution. Perhaps there be a hint, master Khavel, that under the guise of night ye be more lucid? Can ye think about when the computation to fish waned enough for less fishy thoughts?"

Perhaps it was the setting of the sun, or the rising of the moons. Maybe the tides? Maybe the Gods and their powers? Maybe a phase of the moons or a single moon? So many options but first one must start with observations. Argon could commit to memory minor facts. He found those that relied heavily on the written word had terrible memories. While he could write, he rarely could write for lack of writing materials. They didn't come cheap so instead he would add it to the bardic tale of Devon the fisherman he had already composed as a memory trick in his head.

Known runes: Brittle, Long, Sharp - each of these are tattoed upon the right oversized arm
Old May 8, 2020, 09:00 AM   #79
Z'kron
Mythic

"That's a complex question. Sometimes it be that if I lean into the compulsion, the rest of my thoughts ease itself. Sometimes I worry that it'll be like I'll split into two different people if I go too far. Dyou follow what I mean?"

Devon licked his lips, which were looking just a little bit raw at this point.

"There's a pond near here. Leads to the 'neath. Beneath the ground, that is. Nice full moon. A good time to think of mortality. This family of mine, we don't tend to live too long. There's a bit of a limit to it. Ponds are reflecting."

He gestured off between the trees, which were silent, still and unmoved by winds. There was indeed just the tiniest hint of a glint. Probably a watery type of glint. There was no sound of sloshing though. Whatever was glinting was certainly quite still.

"I may wander that way, if you choose to follow."

Tilting his rod over his shoulder, his loped his lanky way off through the night.
Old May 13, 2020, 04:43 AM   #80
Argon Shatterskin
Hero

Argon did want to rest and he grew tired of nursing his barely lucid companion but despite his insanity he promised to quickly grant a look underneath the ground.

Perhaps something interesting would be spied near the pond he so fondly mentioned? He was aware of his primary charge but for now a quick quizzical peak beneath he ground could be spared.

If nothing interesting happened he could leave his companion to his own devices before setting up a more secure sleeping arrangements and getting some rest before sunup. With days of 30 candlemarks he pondered how anyone would survive in a faster spinning world of 24 candlemarks or less. It seemed entirely unworkable.

With that but of daydreaming he refocused himself to dangers along the path and followed his fishy companion down a hole.

Old May 22, 2020, 05:30 AM   #81
Z'kron
Mythic

The fellow traipsed for a while. There was a driven nature to his steps. After a time they approached what could charitably be called a brook. It poured rather than babbled, wending down through the forest before vanishing off into the dark. There were rocks beneath it, and stronger currents than would be expected from its size.

"That there stream over there. Goes into the beneath lands. One of the quickest ways, if you've got the lungs for it. Not too deep, and just a small drop at the end. Keep your wits about you."

He closed his eyes, as if in reminscence.

"Was born just down through there, actually. Where were you born Argon Shatterskin?"
Old May 22, 2020, 06:52 PM   #82
Argon Shatterskin
Hero

The conversation inevitably turned to his place of birth. argon's face soured momentarily as it brought on the bitterness of abandonment by his Mother. His grandfather's stories had been clear about the kind of person she and been and her bewitchment of her father. She were a truly formidable person of great power but also rotten and evil to the core.

He also heard mixed stories about her fate. Sometimes his family told him she was dead but also that she had been chased away. Which one was it. Was it both?

Argon had a building sense of a family reunion that one day would happen that he must prepare for like an epic battle. Land, sea or even air he would have to learn the right skills to fight this terrible monster so that he can make good the shatterskin name

How much of that did heanahe to convey to his fishy manfriend?

"Zedargia, maybe. " Argon said vaguely "born in a moving cart on our way to some such place to sell wares."

Well that was the story of his birth that he cared to recount right now. It was a bittersweet idea to realise you owed everything to the very same person you must one day defeat and kill for the good of all of telath.

"Being born in a watery hole ain't much worse or better methinks" Argon said turning his attention to humour "Any birth that you get out alive from is a great escape!"

So this area lead quickly to the underground but required you to get thoroughly soaked. No doubt the other side wasn't lit so this entrance best suited those dark elves. This was a secret better kept then.

Perhaps with some effort one could get a waterproof bag and have tinder and flint ready to light on the other end while thumbing in the dark. Perhaps he should practice that? Maybe there were other solutions awaiting Argon in the future.

"So what can one catch here?" Argon inquired "Anythingbexotic and powerful? Do these underground lakes and streams produce unfathomable dangers too?"

If the man was demented then at least it came with some degree of lore that had kept him I've all these years. Dwarves had their horrific gold lust disease that they could catch that effectively robbed them of all their senses. Fishlust by comparison still came with a measure of function.

Old May 24, 2020, 02:58 AM   #83
Z'kron
Mythic

"Doesn't go down a fathom. Tis quite a shallow drop down. And I'm not so sure I'd call any of our births an escape. The world is coming to an end, isn't it?"

He tilted his hat. The water burbled away.

"The creatures of the near-underneath aren't so concerning, truth be told. Some say they grow more dangerous as you go deeper and deeper. Like in the oceans, where there are deeper and deeper types of depths and the creatures grow ever larger. Aye, there are depths of the far beneath where all types of strange things dwell. But you needn't take that way unless you've an exploring bent. Most of these streams just end up in pools and lakes. They say there are interesting things if you go right down to the green caves. Almost like parallel civilisations. And beneath there, things are even odder. Doubt I'll ever go that far though."

He angled his rod at the stream again, fishing away with a melancholy sigh.
Old May 27, 2020, 07:20 PM   #84
Argon Shatterskin
Hero

"Or perhaps as we go deeper we be more outta our depths" Argon mused "and more in places where we be not that well equipped Fer life compared to that life which dwells there"

Speaking with druids may have rubbed off on Argon somewhat. There was that druid, Frederick Summons, that he had met. He seemed very bitter about the state of the world. He couldn't blame the guy Afterall look at the state of the empire? Cast tracts of it had become unnatural wastelands. It was an outcome druids were charged to prevent and yet events had caused them anyway. Perhaps he would lend them a hand trying to regenerate lost territories? A worthy mission to be sure.

"So ye be saying that if there be a path below the surface not associated with the elves or dwarves that it could be a safe alternate route Fer a caravan to avoid those bandits above the land?" Argon pressed putting the topic back on course "Do ye know these parts well enough to find such routes if we were to ask ye?"

Argon realised that although a demented fellow this far he had been pretty honest. Deception didn't appear to be part of this man's identity. He lived an honest life with a terrible affliction and apparently a family.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: