Old December 16, 2010, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hero

Location: Current: Emerald River; Grandfathered: Secyclion, Arconis
Wealth Tier: Sterling
Leto Karme is a benevolent Adventurer

Eu'ka'taktos Boukardi'a Daktulioglu'fos

Eu'ka'taktos Boukardi'a Daktulioglu'fos

Number 4 Agora Kikkimos

That was what the address was of Leto's shop. It was a two story building crafted entirely of stone. Within it, when one would walk through the open wooden doors, the only part not in stone, they could see a stone desk in front with a boy of about seventeen eras sitting behind it. A little bell would ring as the door would open, signaling the boy that there was a customer within his store. The shelves within the store were stocked with various gems, common and uncommon, and the boy was able to craft such gems up to an apprentices type of work.

As one would approach the desk, Leto would smile, and say, "Chairete, my name is Leto Karme, and Welcome to Eu'ka'taktos Boukardi'a Daktulioglu'fos!" After his initial introduction, he would then go on to say, "What can I help you with today?" The stone floor had chairs for customers to wait in line in, and the store did everything from create jewelry to exchanging gems, and even some precious metalworking, which the displays of that were shown on the side wall, with various plates, silverware, and fancy decorations. He was only a beginner in the precious metalworking, but hoped through various commissions that he would grow to be a more unique tradesman in practicing the various arts that he came across.

When a customer would order something, Leto would write down the order on a piece of parchment, and take the time to discuss with each customer their various orders, and then finally in the end price it out for them. The pricing was based on a case by case basis, and was different for every customer. The Materials that could be used list was placed right on the front counter so that each customer could see what exactly they could order, and could get their orders correct for Leto.

Materials Used:

Metals: Brass, Bronze, Copper, and Silver, Gold, Rose Gold, White Gold, Sterling Silver
Gems:
Common: Diopside, Quartz, Rose Quartz, Zircon
Uncommon: Agate, Aquamarine, Coral, Garnet, Jasper, Onyx, Opal, Peridot, Tourmaline
Rare: Amethyst, Beryl, Diamond, Emerald, Jadeite, Kyanite, Lapis Lazuli, Pearl, Ruby, Sapphire, Turquoise

Also, there was a list of what types of chains, gem cuts, as well as the various techniques that Leto was able to create and use for his customers.

Techniques Used:
Gem Shapes: Cabochon, Baguette, Emerald, Round, Square, Oval, Marquise, Heart, Pear, Princess, Octagon, Sphere
Gem Cuts: Step, Brilliant, Mixed
Settings: Bar, Claw, Embedded
Chains: Box, Byzantine, Cable, Curb Link, Figaro, Fob, Herringbone, Mesh, Milanese, Omega, Choker
Clasps: Barrel, Lobster Claw, Spring Ring, Toggle
Facets: Flat, Standard, Starburst
Silvering is Available
Lacquering is Available
Encrusting is Available
Filigree is Available
Foiling is Available
Granulation is Available
Inlay is Available
Chisel Engraving is Available

Once all was said and done, Leto would give them an approximate time it would take to finish the project, and then would take the next customer. The shop was open seven days a cycle, with three days off that he'd spend working on the projects given to him. A minimum of a one cycle wait on any normal project was generally used, as well as that minimum increasing for varying difficult projects, depending on what the customer wanted.

Last edited by Leto Karme; July 14, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
Leto Karme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2011, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Glasstress

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Iseult Fluersdotter is a glorious SuperheroIseult Fluersdotter is a glorious SuperheroIseult Fluersdotter is a glorious SuperheroIseult Fluersdotter is a glorious SuperheroIseult Fluersdotter is a glorious SuperheroIseult Fluersdotter is a glorious SuperheroIseult Fluersdotter is a glorious Superhero

The Middle of Cryxatum in the
Season of Spring, PF XVIII

Quote:
Leto,

I am most glad to hear of your pride in your business. Too often new ones spring up, only to fail. That yours does well is a credit to your dedication and drive--amazing in one so young! I hope you continue to do well.

The silverware pieces that you propose sound excellent and I trust you will do them the best of justices. I have enclosed the price you asked for in bank notes. I hope this is well with you. If not, please let me know and I will make remedies to the situation. As well, I will keep an eye out for them in the month of Aperitus and will let you know should anything go awry.

To my knowledge, Miss Fluersdotter does plan to hold another festival, although perhaps time will tell as it approaches. If she holds it, it will likely be in the autumn months, just as it has been. Should information or circumstances change, I will indeed send you a message of the news.

May the suns protect you,
Safiya Zamani
Emerald River Glass & Art
Iseult Fluersdotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2011, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Former Staff

Wynd is a glorious SuperheroWynd is a glorious SuperheroWynd is a glorious Superhero

Revenue Approvals and Adjustments For Winter Era XVII-XVIII

Total Revenue: 1000 Crowns for the Winter Season
- this does NOT include additional revenue acquired in threads beyond this shop, i.e. "Cutting the Gems 2" approved by Matariel, so you can count the Crowns acquired in CG2 as above and beyond basic shop revenue
- PLUS! Secyclionians warm up to the Mainlander for his shop's local name

Because Seasonal Experience was given out in 'CG 2' in addition to thread experience, I won't be awarding it here. Also, with your two threads already running in the spring season, spring is looking to be an even better season.

Last edited by Wynd; April 20, 2011 at 03:36 PM.
Wynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Adventurer

Drakon Xanthos is a benevolent Adventurer

Timestamp: In the midst of Optia, in the Season of Spring, Era XVIII PF

In a short amount of time, a tall looking messenger boy would show up at the shop tucked away within the Agora Kikkimos. While his shopping interest was not piqued, he did offer a welcoming smile and a rather fancy looking parcel before departing through the front door once more.

To the Attention of,
The Manager and Owner of Eu'ka'taktos Boukardi'a Daktulioglu'fos,
Leto Karme,

Chairete and fair tidings. It is not without due notice that I accept your congratulations, and offer sincere thanks for the words and assistance that might yet be provided. While there is, at this time, no outstanding and current orders available to be placed, there may come a moment in the near future where we shall defer to your skills and services. Until that time, I am indebted to your kind jubilations and wish you popularity amongst our people. With Markalin's favour, we shall see the highest quality gems from your market.

Sincerely and with joy,
Drakon of House Xanthos, Thane of Secyclion
Palati Ariadne

Old May 30, 2011, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Glasstress

Iseult Fluersdotter is a glorious SuperheroIseult Fluersdotter is a glorious SuperheroIseult Fluersdotter is a glorious SuperheroIseult Fluersdotter is a glorious SuperheroIseult Fluersdotter is a glorious SuperheroIseult Fluersdotter is a glorious SuperheroIseult Fluersdotter is a glorious Superhero

The 1st of Optia, PF XVIII

Quote:
Leto,

Ah, how wonderful to receive your package! I am glad that I could give you something to hone your craft with. Perhaps next time, to get a more refined look, you might think on creating molds for the pieces and pouring the melted metal in them there. These are fine as they are, but it is another way you can make them, certainly!

Perhaps at the art festival we might meet and discuss our crafts, for Iseult does intend to host it again this era, I believe. She is always looking for assistance in the festival, so mayhap if there is anything you think you might be suited for, suggestions or otherwise, I am certain she would be pleased if you reached out to her.

My luck to you and your endeavors in your craft!
Safiya
Old July 21, 2011, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Glasstress

The Month of Ulyris
in the Season of Summer, PF XVIII

Quote:
Leto,

Safiya has made mention of you a time or two, although I admit to little familiarity. However, I am never opposed to hearing from a fellow craftsman, particularly one who might be interested in assisting at the festival. I have been finding that my own projects are keeping me well distracted and almost too busy to consider the festival. Help is greatly appreciated.

I had been considering changing some aspects of the festival this era, particularly in regards to the demonstrations. As you said you had attended the festival, what would you think of altering the current demonstrations into actual interactions with a small group of people working directly with a craftsman? This would be, for instance, those interested in glassblowing doing a seminar with myself, learning some aspect of the craft by doing rather than by watching. The seminar would have a limited number of slots, unlike the demonstrations which were open to more, being able to accommodate more--unfortunately, funds would not enable a free-for-all and our craftsmen can only work with so many at a time.

If you think you would be up to the task of handling something like this, we'd gladly have you on, as I don't think Phedran finds herself suited to teaching directly.

What thoughts do you have on the festival? Suggestions?

Iseult Fluersdotter
Old July 25, 2011, 11:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Merchant of Mayhem

Wealth Tier: Adamantite
Straylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious SuperheroStraylor Leonard is a glorious Superhero

46th of Ulyris, Summer Era XVIII P.F.

A simple scroll tube arrived bearing no lavish seals or impressive symbols of power. Contained within was a letter written in a soft cursive.

Quote:
Master Karme,

Chairete and greetings from Ieffreon.

I write on behalf of the Governor and his office.

His Excellency would like to commission a unique piece and offer you a chance to test your talents. Please send a sample of your best work. We will, of course, happily compensate you for your time and efforts.

Sincerely,
Elise Acacia
Assistant to the Governor

Last edited by Straylor Leonard; July 25, 2011 at 11:39 PM.
Straylor Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2011, 04:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Glasstress

The Month of Ioannes
in the Summer, PF XVIII

Quote:
Leto,

Thanks for sharing your observations. In return, as long as you feel capable of teaching others, then there should be little issue. I would, however, see some of your jewelcrafting work, if possible, before making a final decision. Is it possible to see a sample? Or would ordering something be best? I am unsure of your full capabilities, having not experienced your work personally. Safiya showed me the cutlery you did, but they seemed more an exercise in metalworking, although the cut gems in them were decently cut. If you think it would be possible to see a piece before the festival, I'd be appreciative. If you send me something, I will hold onto it until I see you at the festival or pay you in appreciation, if I take a strong liking to it. I realize timing is getting to a point where crafting a new piece before Junctior and getting it here in continued correspondence might take some time. That's up to you.

To speak further on festival thoughts… I'd thought of combining the auction and the banquet into one, allowing patrons a chance to bid for their favorite pieces in a silent auction before settling down for dinner and entertainment. As always, artists will be welcome to set up a stall to sell their wares and perhaps give demonstrations there to show interested folks how they work. As of right now, all proceeds made from public events at the festival go directly to the Regio to benefit the students and staff. I don't foresee that changing. I did implement a contest for artists to partake in with monetary reward, but interest was lackluster.

Again, thank you for your thoughts.
Iseult Fluersdotter
Old August 15, 2011, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Wow. So mod. Much nice.

Krait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious Superhero

Approvals For Spring Era XVIII Revenue

Adjustments are made based on the craftsman's proficiency, player activities, city economics and trade, and other factors like reputation, disasters etc.

Congratulations, Leto's shop has earned 1100 crowns for the season of spring. Do note that this does not include profits earned from separate threads.

Also, profits might be slow due to the Leto being relatively unknown and new to the jewelcrafting business in Secyclion, but the natives have taken an instant liking to his shop's name. Leto's shop is gradually being taken notice off, and people have began to talk and spread the word about Eukataktos Boukardia Daktulioglufos, although whether it is positive or negative kind of news remains to be unseen (note: the other thread(s) might effect this). Regardless, business seems to be picking up and summer looks set to be promising with the wave of mainlanders coming to Secyclion.

Krait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2011, 06:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hero

Timestamp: 2nd Cycle of Imperos, in the Season of Summer, Era XVIII

Leto had decided to take a vacation to Arconis before the Fall festival, and the end of summer seemed the perfect time to do it. So, he put up a sign on his front door that said, "Will be gone the Third and Fourth Cycles of Imperos, not taking any orders after the first of the Second Cycle. All Orders will be completed by the end of the Second Cycle, Efharisto for your Patience!" He hoped that by letting his customers know that he'd be gone for two cycles, they would appreciate him more when he returned, so that they were at least aware the shop would be closed for two cycles in the month of Imperos.
Old September 3, 2011, 06:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wow. So mod. Much nice.

Krait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious Superhero

Approvals For Summer Era XVIII Revenue

Congratulations, Leto's shop has earned 2000 crowns for the season of summer. Do note that this does not include profits earned from separate threads.

Summer has seen a big boost to profits due to the huge influx of mainlanders coming to party and spend money! If this continues Leto sure can be a happy camper!

Old September 11, 2011, 07:51 AM   #12 (permalink)

Glasstress

The Month of Tempris
in the Season of Autumn, PF XVIII

Quote:
Leto,

Thank you for the display of your skill. The piece shows some talent on your part and certainly care in crafting it. If you would be interested in hosting a jewelcrafting tutorial at the festival, it would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you require compensation for your time working at the festival. The tutorials generally take place twice in a brightening in sessions of two candlemarks a piece. Some crafters donate their time, some don't. That decision is up to you. We can discuss this when I see you at the festival, as I am aware time to correspond before then is impossible.

When you arrive in Arconis for the festival, you can find me either at the collegia or at the Tidewater. If you head to the Tidewater, those on staff there should easily be able to point you in the right direction. We can discuss then any desire for payment at the festival, as well as the cost of the necklace you sent, which I'd like to purchase, unless you wish to sell it at the festival.

Thank you,
Iseult Fluersdotter
Old October 20, 2011, 04:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hero

As the Festival of the Arts was coming quicker, Leto decided with all of the political turmoil in Secyclion, to leave for Olympia for a few cycles, before the festival started. Near the end of Tempris, he stopped taking orders, other than the premade ones, and closed his shop due to Political Turmoil. He would reopen it after he had renewed his merchant's license in Kalendryas, but for now, the shop would remain closed throughout Junctior and much of Kalendryas...
Old January 6, 2012, 02:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
Wow. So mod. Much nice.

Approvals For Autumn Era XVIII Revenue

Congratulations, Leto's shop has earned 0 crowns for the season of autumn! Shop's closed, also blame the pirates! :<

Old January 6, 2012, 02:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Wow. So mod. Much nice.

A folded note was found hammered to the shop's door, in which was written in Eunesian along with its Common translation;

Quote:
Chairete Kyrio Leto, owner of the Eu'ka'taktos Boukardi'a Daktulioglu'fos,

It has come to our attention that your merchant's license has expired to which we can help to have it renewed. And also throughout your time as proprietor of this fine jewel store, you have avoided paying merchant taxes. As this is your first era in business, we will gladly overlook this matter, but do know that such grace period has come to an end for the next era.

Also know that the Arthro Adelia (Aedile) cannot be of great service to you. We, however can.

If you wish to receive our generosity, reply by hanging a red kordélla (ribbon) outside your door.

We will be watching you.
There was no signature or initials nor any symbols of any kind that might indicate as to who was the sender, but one thing for sure, it doesn't seem to be the kind of letter from any form of official government bureaucracy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: