Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Arium > Sancta Nova

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old November 20, 2014, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

[Tchotchke's Folly] Perfection in motion (Diamea, please)

Autumn, Era XXI

Hay'aan had agreed to teach Diamea some acrobatics. In truth, the gypsy woman was not sure that she was going to be teaching so much as learning with her friend but, as ever, Hay'aan was quite unaware of how good she had become at the skill. But that brightening she had agreed to meet Diamea early and the young woman had arrived at the Folly at the arranged time.

Hay'aan was ready and she was wearing a pair of loose white trousers and a white vest top. She grinned at Diamea and she lead her through to her gymnasium. It was a relatively small room, with a balance beam, a set of uneven bars and the piece of equipment known as the horse. The relatively small gymnasium, however, was a side room off of a larger room which was where she danced. The sprung floor was perfect for the gymnastic floor routines that she did.

"Serale and sastimos, miri bor" she said, to Diamea. "I am not sure what it is that you would like to be able to achieve, so I suppose that there is the place to start. You wish to be more agile, quicker on your feet, yes? So would you like work on that flexibility or the skills of balance?" she asked, earnestly.
Old November 21, 2014, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

"Serale, Hay'aan..." smiled Diamea, her first day of training with her best friend had just to begun and she couldn't wait. Under the hood, she was wearing, like Hay'aan, loose black trousers and a black vest top; she searched this outfit especially for this training and she was already starting to love it, she felt so comfortable... corsets and tight clothing was not for her...

"How do you call me? Miri bor, what does it mean?" asked the girl curiosly; then she listened to Hay'aan carefully thinking before replying "Yes, I'd like to be more agile and quicker. So... I think it's a good idea to start from the flexibility?" if she could become more flexible, it would be easier for her to fight with daggers...

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor!!! <3
Old November 21, 2014, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

Hay'aan smiled. "It means 'my friend' in the language of my people" she said, softly. "Or, more or less it means that. If we were being literal, then it would be 'belonging to me friend'. But it means my friend". She nodded her head at the idea of learning more flexibility and she led Diamea over to the dancing area. "This is where I dance and practice my floor routines" she said, then led her into the gymnasium area. "This is the balance beam: I practice on this by walking and jumping and tumbling on it. These are the uneven bars, I swing and move from one to another, performing aerial feats and this, finally, is the horse. I hold myself up with my hands and swing around and perform other moves on this. Each one of these builds different strengths. I am happy to show you any of these in action if you wish, but I think we should concentrate on the floor for now" she said, softly.

Moving back over to the dance area, she smiled at Diamea and said, calmly "The first thing that we must always do is warm up, because if we have not stretched and warmed up our muscles, then we can cause them damage" she said, softly. "I have a specific warm up routine that I use. But the point of it is that you are warmed, not over heated. You should not be so tired from the warm up that you can not move to the actual exercises. So, keep up only as far as it works for you. If you need to do less or more than I do in order to warm up, then please do so, yes?"

When she was sure that Diamea understood that, Hay'aan went about her own very carefully worked out warm up routine. There was an emphasis on stretching and bending and using every muscle. It would become very obvious very quickly that Hay'aan was a very fit woman. Considering her skill in both dance and acrobatics that was not surprising, but the reality was that she worked enormously hard to practice her dance and she built up her endurance and fitness by doing so.

So, for a full half candlemark, Hay'aan would lead Diamea through stretches, bends and a work-out which was very demanding. But always she would remind her that this was the warm up only, and as such, she should not be too out of breath or tired.

ooc just trying to gauge how fit your pc is, so could you describe how well she holds out? Also if she pushes herself / doesn't do too much / struggles with anything particular. Thanks!
Old November 23, 2014, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

Diamea followed Hay'aan as she explained the different equipment; this were all new things but she trust Hay'aan and when she spoke about starting the floor, she nodded, following again.

"Make sense..." she thought when Hay'aan explained the warm up; Diamea never did such a thing, if she had to run, she run and nothing more. Precisely for this, she had very little familiarity with stretching; in fact she was quite of the opposite of her friend.

During the excercises, she found some difficulties bending: while Hay'aan could bend all her parts a lot, Diamea was... like being tied... she can't bend her legs beyond a certain angle, her back was in the same situation... these were the excercises where she had more problems...

In spite of this, she did her best: she tried to imitate her friend and all the stretching she did with mixed results. She always stopped before Hay'aan, when she sensed her muscle becoming a bit too stretched... at the end, despite the recommendations of Hay'aan, Diamea managed to hold the half-hour, though with few breaks in between, like her teacher, until she felt as if she had been stretched in all her parts... it was different from
the usual fatigue that left her muscles sore and numb... but she hadn't no intention of stopping there...

"Now?" she asked with expectation.

oocI hope to have explain what you asked!

Secrets of Foresight

Old November 23, 2014, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan looked at Diamea carefully and she watched her. The young woman was determined and she was persistent, there was no doubting it. But she was not as flexible as she could be and Hay'aan determined that this would be the best way to help her, to increase her flexibility.

"I think for the first couple of sessions, we should work on your flexibility" she said, quietly. "But I will write out a series of stretches that I want you to do every brightening, morning and before bed. They will will help, I promise you" she said, softly. "I will write those up for you and this brightening, I will show you them. Then, we will use them as our warm up every session, but you do them twice a brightening also, please? I do them at least twice every brightening and they have really helped me in terms of flexibility and my dance, also" she said.

She then proceeded to move over to the gymnasium area and she opened up a cupboard. Pulling out two soft stuffed mats, she laid them down next to each other on the floor. "Firstly, we will lie flat, then with one leg remaining flat on the floor, lift the other straight above you. Stretch it as far as you can, but not so far that it hurts, alright? Hold it if you need to, but at your thigh, not your knee, that can hurt you. Ten of each, each leg" she said, demonstrating as she did.

And then it would be on to the next stretch, and the next one, ten of each, each side where appropriate. That would take the rest of the session and, at the end, Hay'aan would rummage in the cupboard for a moment and then hand her a slightly dog-eared but well used series of notes on how to do the stretches, with little sketches and explanations of what and why. How Diamea did in each of the stretches would tell Hay'aan a lot in terms of exactly where her friend was flexible and, more importantly, where she was not.

"Tomorrow, I think we can start working on tumbling" she said, with a smile. "But you will ache in ways that you have never ached before, for we have used muscles that you have not often used, so be gentle with yourself and put some of this in your bath this darkening" she said, handing Diamea a small packet of dried herbs.
Old November 26, 2014, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Luminary

Even if she was starting to feel a bit tired, Diamea didn't lost her smile "You are my teacher, you don't need to ask me please!" if Hay'aan was asking to do something, she will do what she say, although it will be hard.

Then they started with the stretching she will have to perform twice a brightening; the ones using the legs went not bad, cause her being used to run, in Diamea's view, but there was to work on anyway, the problems rose up when it came to bend her back, there she wasn't so flexible as she had hope. In any case she did her best and at the end she was feeling more ached than before...

She nodded at Hay'aan's word and took the packet of dried herbs "Thank you. See you soon tomorrow..." she smiled hugging her friend before leaving...

--- --- ---

Hay'aan was right: despite the herbs in the bath and her being gentle with herself, not too much, she ached a little everywhere, but this won't stop her for another brightening's training "Hello Hay'aan! I did the stretching as you said and I'm feeling it..." she smiled meeting her friend.

Secrets of Foresight

Old November 28, 2014, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan looked at Diamea in surprise and she smiled, softly. "I am, first and foremost, a human being talking to another unique individual. I would always say please. It would be the worst kind of teacher to be one who thought themselves superior" she nodded, very sure that she was absolutely right on that score.

She was very pleased with Diamea and how hard she tried, and Hay'aan made sure to tell her so. So, when she came back the next brightening, Hay'aan grinned and nodded. "I bet you are" she said, softly. "Strange as it may seem, moving through it is the best thing to do, I promise you. But here, I made you this" she said, and she handed Diamea a small pot of salve. "This is a muscle rub. It will feel warm and it will help you with the ache. It stinks, but it works." she said, softly. "Put it on before bed, would be my advice"

Then, it was on with the work for the brightening. Hay'aan led Diamea to the floor space and she motioned. "I'm going to show you what I want you to be able to do eventually with this move, ok?" she said, and moving to the floor, she showed her the final move that she wanted Diamea to be able to do. Then, moving back over to her, she smiled slightly. "But that is after a lot of practice" she said, softly. "First we are going to do what is called a front walkover. It is much simpler and it will allow you to build up your confidence and speed, alright? But this is a step towards being able to do that"

Then, quite slowly, Hay'aan explained to Diamea what she had to do. Each time, she demonstrated the move. Starting with one foot slightly in front, she lifted her leg into the kick, then lunged forward and moved into the "T" handstand position, before lifting herself up. So she leant forward, lifted her legs over so that she was in a handstand with her legs out in opposite directions, then she landed her front foot and stood up.

"So, before we start, any questions?" she asked, gently. "I will help you and hold you for it for the first few times, but not too often in case you grow used to it"

ooc: a handy link to show you what I'm talking about. Although Hay'aan originally did the other link - this one is what she is trying to get Diamea to do first.

Last edited by Hay'aan Malinconico; November 28, 2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old November 29, 2014, 04:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Luminary

"I hope..." smiled Diamea "... otherwise I don't know if I'll be able to do much..." then she took the small pot of salve "I will do as you say." nodded the girl, then she followed her friend for another day of training.

Diamea looked amazed at her friend: she was so skilfull and athletics "You... you are amazing..." she said when Hay'aan came back "I know, I already said this..."

She seated down with Hay'aan and watched carefully at her doing the exercise she will do. Whe Hay'aan asked, she replied "Umm... no, I haven't question... let's try it..." Diamea hadn't any particular question, she preferred to try and see if she would encounter problems. She stood up, stretched for a moment and get in position with one foot slightly in front, then she slowly lift her leg into kick, trying to stay balanced, she hadn't some difficulties but Hay'aan was here to help her; after finding some balance, she lunged forward trying to move into "T" handstand position, then, for lifting up, she needed again Hay'aan's help to stay balanced and continue her moving.

She had some problems bending but the stretching routine was helping as Hay'aan; after the first time, she stood still for a moment, before trying again and again... until she could do the front walkover without Hay'aan's help...

Secrets of Foresight

Old November 29, 2014, 06:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Eternal

"It will be better than you think, I promise you" she said, softly. Then, once they had stretched together again, Hay'aan showed Diamea what she hoped for from her at the end of her training. When Diamea said that she was amazing, Hay'aan shook her head, determinedly.

"No, Diamea. I am not" she said, softly but firmly "I have just practiced more. I am not talented or extra flexible. In fact, it is harder for me than it used to be for I have had children and that changes your body. So, you are younger than me and with the potential to do more than me. I expect you to be better than me quickly, yes?" she smiled at her friend and nodded her head.

And then, she helped Diamea. The first time, she needed to help her by the expedient of giving her a little push on her back, whilst holding her front. "The trick is momentum, and you get that through speed" she said, and she smiled. But each time, she pulled away a little more. Hay'aan was delighted when, after a relatively short space of time, Diamea was doing the front walkover without her help.

"Tomorrow, we will continue with this. Practice. Add in ten of these to your morning and darkening routine, along with the stretching, alright?" she said, softly. "You are doing well."

And the next brightening, Hay'aan would be ready for her and she fully expected Diamea to be in fairly ridiculous amounts of pain from the exertion and the bending of her body in a manner most unusual for it. So she watched her carefully and judged what they were going to do.

"How are you this brightening?" she asked, cheerily.
Old November 30, 2014, 11:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Luminary

"I'll do my best!" Diamea replied when Hay'aan said she expect Diamea to became better than her in less time; she liked to hear that Hay'aan had so many expectations on her.

Finally she could do the front walkover without help and she was happy of this, seeing Hay'aan pleased too.

"Yes..." she nodded at the end of the training, it had been a busy day, but she felt satisfied with the progress made.

--- --- ---

"Don't say anything..." muttered Diamea, the pain was even larger than the day before but she did all Hay'aan said, the stretching and the front walkhover, only the pain in the muscles was pulling down the morale "...I'm aching everywhere..."

Secrets of Foresight

Old November 30, 2014, 11:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Eternal

That next brightening, when Diamea came and muttered in pain and grumbling, Hay'aan could not help but let out a chuckle. She had never seen Diamea quite so grumpy, in fairness and Hay'aan could not stop herself from smiling. "It will be worth it. I think maybe this brightening, we will spend our time stretching more. It will help" she said, with a grin.

And indeed, spending that brightening stretching was something which would help. The more that she used the muscles, the less it would hurt, after all. So, Hay'aan would spend that session with Diamea practicing for being able to do the splits, for example. Firstly, she would slowly lower herself down into the full splits position, to show Diamea what she meant. "It is most important here that your legs are, when you do the final move, like this. See how my front leg is straight with the toes pointing to the ceiling and yet the back leg the toes are pointed away from my body?" she said. She leant forward then to touch her front toes "Because of that, it does not hurt to do this" And then she moved her body so that the front leg became the back and vice versa "And it means that I can do that both sides. This is not a difficult thing to learn to do, but it can be time consuming. The stretches will help you" she said, rolling up and out of the position and standing next to Diamea again.

"Alright. First one, and though it looks easy, it is important. Stand and hold your left foot behind you. Keep your knee pointing directly to the floor and try and touch your bottom with the sole of your foot" she demonstrated the stretch in question "Then hold to a count of ten, then the other foot. We will repeat five times, yes?" Using the muscles would help Diamea, she knew, would help her front walkovers too, but using them slightly differently would be the key. "In all of these, go only as far as your body allows you. I would expect mine to move more easily than yours at the moment, so let your body guide you, not mine. Then, when you are better than me, I will do the same."

Once they had done that, she stood "Now. Feet together then bend at the waist so that you try to put your palms on the floor, like so" she said, apparently folding herslf in half and doing just that. "If it is easy, then walk your palms closer to your feet. Always keep your knees straight" she said. "We will hold this for ten count.. then... up again" she smiled "Remember to breathe, Diamea, in through your nose, out through your mouth, yes?"

Then, she held herself in the same position but grabbed herself behind the ankles "Here we are stretching by pulling ourselves. You should feel a good level of tension in your calves and thighs. It's good, yes?" In fairness, what Hay'aan termed "good", Diamea might take to mean that good, to an Air'riela was "pain" to anyone else.

Next, it was sitting on the floor, legs out in front of them, feet together. "Keeping your knees straight, touch your toes here" she said, bending and turning her head to Diamea as she did. "If you can not, touch as far down the legs as you can, if it is easy, point your toes outwards to give more distance" Once they had counted, Hay'aan stayed there, "Pull one leg in, tuck it in like so.. now touch the other toe. See how that stretches?".

Once they had finished that, Hay'aan would sit, cross legged opposite Diamea and speak "The better your posture and the more you move, the easier it becomes. Have a hot bath every darkening, put those herbs in it, I have more and can give you some to grow yourself. Massage is good to take away the ache, but every pain is your body telling you that it is getting better" she said, gently. "But if this is too much for you, then you have only to tell me and we will stop, you know that, I hope?" she asked. Then, tilting her head to the side she added "The more you can practice, the better. Tomorrow, if you wish it, we will start to actually do the splits, which will help you with your forward walkover and the backwards ones I wish to teach you, also. How does that sound?" she asked, with a smile.

Last edited by Hay'aan Malinconico; November 30, 2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old December 3, 2014, 02:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Luminary

Her muscle were aching, everywere, but she fully trusted Hay'aan words, even if her muscles weren't of the same idea. She tried to put aside the pain and focus on the work of the morning: Diamea listened and watched carefully as Hay'aan did the split and then the stretching.

After each explanation, she did her best to make every stretching at her best; at first the pain was a problem but stretching after stretching, her muscles seemed to warm up and the pain decreased.

The first stretching went well; in the second, she couldn't reach the floor with her hads, her backs didn't want, it seemed, and this happen for the next one. When Hay'aan asked "It's good?" she smiled, a smile of fun and pain together, more fun than pain "You said tis is good?! And what is bad?! I'm aching everywere, in places where I always thought I could'nt feel so much pain without any wound...!"

Then she sits on the floor watching Hay'aan explaining, before trying the next stretching explained by her teacher; as before, she couldn't reach her toes but she came closer.

Finally they sat down for a break and Diamea enjoyed it; when Hay'aan offered to give her some plants to grew, she thought about it "I don't know... I don't consider myself a green thumb, I might try... but I don't know if it works..." then she shooked her head "I know, but I don't want to stop... if I stop, I don't know if I can start again... and working make me happy, even if I'm aching everywhere..." she hoped Hay'aan would understand what there was behind her "working make me happy". "It sounds good, you are... the teacher everyone want and never meet!" she smiled with an hug at her friend after Hay'aan showed her scheduled for her training.

Secrets of Foresight

Old December 5, 2014, 12:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Eternal

"Well bad is when you do not learn anything, of course!" she said, with a smile. "Bad is stagnation and boredom. That is most certainly what bad is!" she added and she grinned back.

On the thought of Diamea not having a green thumb, Hay'aan nodded "I understand. I love to grow plants, I always have. When I was growing up I lived in the deserts of Arakmat, but my mother and I would grow flowers and plants and herbs there." she said and smiled "But not everyone is a natural gardener, I do understand. Well you can always buy them at the herbalists, but whilst we live here, you are welcome to them from our garden" she said, with a smile.

When Diamea said that she was like the teacher everyone wanted, Hay'aan flushed and waved a hand dismissively. "Get on with you, I have no talent at this at all. But I hope it all helps a little. You will be better than me very soon, I am sure" she added, with a most serious expression.

The next brightening, Hay'aan was waiting for her and would make sure that she took Diamea through a very stretch-focused warm up before turning to the splits again. "So, let us do again all the stretches we did yesterbrightening" she said, quietly "And let's see if you get further, even just a little. I bet you do" she said, and she worked with Diamea to repeat the stretches, all the while watching her young friend and measuring her movements.
Old December 5, 2014, 02:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Luminary

Hay'aan's logic was exemplary as usual and Diamea couldn't but smile and agree with her. She was also refractory to compliments but Diamea believed in the fact that Hay'aan was an excellent teacher: she had a few ones, as her sister, and all wanted more and more, without stopping to think about the limits of their student. She was pleased too to hear that Hay'aan was thinking she could became better than her in a very short time "But you a lot of experience, I don't have..." smiled the girl.

At the end of that day, she did again all her stretching, the hot bath with Hay'aan's herbs and used the muscle rub; at the morning, she sensed a bit less pain than the day before and this made her smile, her perseverance was paying off.

Then she was back at Hay'aan's estate, ready for another brightening's training. The first stretching went, as the day before, well, she could bend a bit more; the second one, where she had to reach the floor with her hads without kneeling, showed a little improvement too: she couldn't touch the floor with her hands, but her fingertips touched the floor lightly. A similar things happened similar to the next, where she had to touch her toes: here she came almost to brush them but without grabbing them.

Secrets of Foresight

Old December 6, 2014, 07:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan was very fond of Diamea and the gypsy woman hoped that Diamea might start to believe in herself soon. It was true that Hay'aan had more experience, but that was something Diamea could build, she was sure. She made sure that she gave her lots of encouragement as they worked together and praise, too. But Hay'aan knew Diamea better than she would if she was teaching a stranger and she praised her only when there was a reason to do so. This would always be Hay'aan's way for she intrinsically a very honest woman.

The next brightening, she had a lot to praise Diamea for, though. "Do you see that you are more flexible than you were?" she asked, looking at Diamea with a very pleased smile on her face "You have bent further and tomorrow you will do the same again. It is a constant competition" she said, genuinely. "And it is always with yourself. To be better than you were, that is what is important, not better or worse than anyone else, but to be better than you were. So I believe anyhow" she said and then grinned "Although Klue and I probably are more competative with each other than we should be. I hate it when he wins" she said, amused.

"Alright, so we've done the stretches, now we're going to try the splits itself, alright? You've warmed up, you've stretched. Step forward like so and then, lower" she said, slowly (much more slowly than she normally would) lowering herself into the full splits position. "Just like this. Now, you try. Don't worry if you can't do it first time, you are likely to take a while, I think, before you can get right down into it, but again the trick is every time to be a little bit lower.." she said and watched Diamea with interest, encouraging her as she moved.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: