Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Arium > Sancta Nova

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old October 31, 2014, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Parreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious Superhero

[Little Kyathis]So Shines A Good Deed In A Weary World(Diamea)

Diamea found herself out on an afternoon stroll through Sancta Nova. This venture found her on the inner Sancta ward near Little Zendir, now home of the dorin refugees from Arakmat. It was a warm, fall brightening with a gentle breeze rolling in from the ocean leaving that typical light salty smell.

As her eyes surveyed the area, she took note of a small group of 'kids' playing. On closer examination, she could see four young dorin boys and a pantheri kitta ... and they were not playing. The dorins were beating the pantheri who was curled in a ball upon the ground. It was just inside Little Zendir down an alley behind a building. No one else seemed to notice ...

Justicar of Arium
Slave to Jalat
Peer Mod Office

Green is for mental communication with Praaal, Blue is regular speech.
I LOVE Reputation!

Aelyrian NaNoWriMo 2014 Word Count: 7023

Old October 31, 2014, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

Diamea liked the sun warming her as the gentle breeze coming from the sea; she was thinking that it was a good day until she saw something she didn't like at all: a pantheri being beaten by four katta. During her life in Vortex, happened to be in a similar situation and at the time she came out pretty bad, it was a memory she didn't like to recall but seeing the panteri and katta made her remember.

Back in Vortex, she had hoped with all my heart that someone would pass and come to her aid but in the end no one came, leaving her alone against the 5 boys... now the pantheri was in the same situation as her, probably thinking the same things...

She couldn't stand there, watching and doing nothing, nor she could walk away as nothing happened, she had to do something: as quietly as possible, she came closer, so that the four boys were in range of her knife, and then she spoke "Hey boys, stand back from the pantheri!" Her tone was as icy as she could do and her hand was ready to throw her knife...

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor!!! <3
Old November 3, 2014, 05:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mythic

Parreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious Superhero

One of the dorin, the one with his back to Diamea, Stood upright and slowly turned. He was unaware that the woman had a knife and was about to say something to the effect of 'get lost' when his eyes focused on the scene. That was when they widened in shock. He smacked the one next to him on his shoulder while giving out a little dog like snort. The others heard the noise and all stood to face the woman.

"I'm not thinking you really a plannin' ta use that weapon if you was a smart pea. Chances are you kin stab one of us but the rest, well, its gonna hurt you if you try." The dorin that spoke was the one farthest from Diamea and when he was done speaking, he gave a good foot right into the rib cage of the downed pantheri. He smiled at the woman after he'd done it. The pantheri winced with a cat like sound of pain and curled up tighter into a ball on the ground.

The other dorin slowly spread out moving towards Diamea. They knew that separation would make it had for her to hit more than one of them, and it seemed they were all willing to take that first shot from her. Diamea had two choices, fight or run. None of the dog men seemed to want to back down.

"Whats it gonna be, missy?" The lead dorin asked as he watched his brethren moving closer.

Justicar of Arium
Slave to Jalat
Peer Mod Office

I LOVE Reputation!

Old November 4, 2014, 03:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

Things wasn't going as planned; clearly the three dorin knew she coul hit only one of them if she throw her weapon and they moved accordingly. She could leave, there was this option, but the girl ignored it, she would remain to fight.

But how? She was outnumbered and the only help she could receive was from the katta on the ground. She awaited to throw her knife as it was all going to be a brawl and replied to the Dorin "It's gonna be you loose."

Between herself, however, she wasn't so sure it had been a good idea start this fight but she was in and she will come out as she always did.

Secrets of Foresight

Old November 4, 2014, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mythic

Diamea prepared herself for the battle. It was a possible course of action she had thought could happen when she'd chosen to lend a hand. The three dorin advanced while the fourth stayed back. She was ready to throw her knife when ...

Like a flash from the shadows, a person emerged dressed from head to toe in black. The person was fast, almost too fast, as if he were somehow altered. He used the wall as a leverage point then spun around kicking the first dorin against his temple and knocking him out cold in seconds. The other two looked on in shock as the situation had not yet made sense to them.

The black figure thrust his paw directly into the midsection of the second, the closest one to the strange. Something knife like penetrated the dorin's stomach. As the dark figure removed its paw, blood came from the wound of the dorin. The third one backed up in fear now fully aware of what was taking place.

The leader of the dorin had his jaw drop in surprise. This was not going as planned. Within a flicker of a candle's flame, two of his dogs were down. He had not realized that the katta he was kicking around sprang into action. The Katta lept up to his feet swinging his clawed paw straight up. The cut wasn't deep, but the effect was felt as the lead dorin was gashed from his chest to his chin. Blood began to drip from the end of his snout. The situation caught him off guard allowing the risen Katta to do a spinning kick into the midsection of the lead dorin. The impact forced him to double over in pain, and he fell to a knee.

Diamea could see the entire scene unfold. At least she didn't have to be the one to fight. First observation told her that the way both the young Katta and the stranger fought were similar, though the stranger seemed more capable in the martial style.

The stranger removed the hood of his cloak from his head. It was another Pantheri Katta which was why he was all black. "Run! Now! I am Justicar Parreyon Kaar'Praaii. Should you chose to continue this little incident, I will arrest you all for assault." His voice was deep, it growled, and filled with authority. The dorin helped each other to their feet, and they took off.

"Shal'ooth! Are you alright? I think next time instead of fighting these stupid odds, I'd rather be kissing some peasant bar wench." Parreyon asked the younger Katta. Diamea could tell the words were spoken with concern, like a father to a son.

"I am alright. A few bruises but nothing else." The young Katta looked disappointed that it had happened to him, then he'd realized just what Parreyon said. "Disgusting!!"

Parreyon then turned to look at the woman with the dagger. "You showed great bravery in trying to stick up for this Katta. I am honored by your actions. How can I repay you?"

Justicar of Arium
Slave to Jalat
Peer Mod Office

I LOVE Reputation!

Last edited by Parreyon Syndicus; November 7, 2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old November 5, 2014, 12:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea gasped: she was ready to throw her knife when the men in black appeared from the shadows and, with a fluidity never seen by Diamea, defeated the four Dorin, leaving them beaten and bleeding. The Dorin never had a chance to fight, or win, against such opponents.

The girl was, at the same time, intimidated and fascinated by this display of skill demonstrated by the Katta; she had never seen something like this, so fluid and perfect... in Vortex all weren't so skiled, they were much cruder...

Diamea stood silent as the scene unfold and remained silent as the two Katta spoke, too shocked to do nothing more. In their tone and words, Diamea understood that there was some kind of relationship between the two, like a father and a son.

When the Katta, Parreyon, as he called himself, spoke to her, Diamea looked at him shocked for a moment silently; after which she shaked herself and spoke, stammering. She didn't know how to replay to Parreyon's question.

"I... ehm... you don't need to... to repay me... I... I think..."

She hate stammering so she stopped for a moment shaking her head, before bringing back her eyes on the two Katta in front of her "Sorry for staggering, you made such a demostration of skill... it's been... amazing. Anyway, I'm Diamea. I don't know how you can repay me, I'm not used to this type of things..."

The idea of asking him to train her to fight so appeared in her mind and tempted her a lot; she liked his way of fighting, born from the shadows... only she didn't how to ask...

"You... you fight so bravely... how you could do that?" Diamea looked at Parreyon with a curious and amazed gaze. The thought they could beat her up never passed in her mind... or passed really really quickly...

Secrets of Foresight

Old November 7, 2014, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mythic

Parreyon observed the girl as she spoke. The woman had caught herself after a stutter then apologies for doing it. It brought a smile to the Pantheri's lips. He took it to mean she was still a little broken up over almost having to fight the dorins. She did not have the posture, yet, of a seasoned warrior and figured the scene had been a little frightening. He'd remembered some of his first confrontations and how nervous they had made him feel. She'd get used to it over time.

"I am honored to meet you, Diamea. I am Parreyon and this is Sha'looth." Parreyon said completing the introductions. He knew he had stated his name earlier but that was to the dorins and since Diamea had shown a bit of shock over the ordeal, he was uncertain if she had remembered. Shal'ooth said nothing but did nod his head in acknowledgement.

"It is hard to explain save to say that the katta hold dear to a style of fighting known as K'tesh. Other races have picked up on this style using knives of some type, but it is meant for those with claws. I understand that the saurids have an alteration of this style in their traditions as well.

I train Sha'looth in this every morning as the suns rise before breakfast. Because of our indebtedness to you, I would be honored to have you join us and show you a thing or two.

I do not know how to teach this style with knives, so you will have to go to the dorin smiths in town. He sells a type of glove that is fitted with blades that resemble claws. Buy a set and bring them with you."

Parreyon respectfully bowed to the woman rescuer, "now if you'll excuse us, we must take our leave and get this katta back home to his mother before she worries for him. My home is in the Pantheri sect of Little Kyathis. Just ask for me when you get in Little Kyathis and someone will show you the way." And with that Parreyon and Sha'looth left to get the boy home.

Justicar of Arium
Slave to Jalat
Peer Mod Office

I LOVE Reputation!

Old November 11, 2014, 03:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Luminary

As Parreyon made again the presentation, Diamea nod at him and at Shal'ooth; as she thought, there was a sort of connection between the two, in fact they were master and apprentice.

As Parreyon offered to teach her about teaching her some K'Tesh, Diamea looked at him with a gaze of amazament mixed to happiness; she couldn't believe it: Parreyon was proposing what she really wanted.

"You are so... so kind... offering to teach me this..." she said with her voice full of happiness, respect for him and a bit of amazament. As Parreyon spoke about the weaponry, she nodded "I will go... and I will be back to you... as fast as I can..."

She watched the two pantheri leaving, her mind in turmoil, she remained a moment slient there, all what happened in the last minutes in her mind, before walking away in search of the Dorin smiths in Sancta Nova...

------

She moved across Little Arakmat, stopping for a moment in front of the Sandstone theater: the theater was full of memories, good memories, there she had learned the basics of how acting and disguise... Sangita tought her so much, helped her finding something to do when she had just arrived in Sancta, full of sorrow and anger from Vortex... she will remember for ever her first performance in the Theater, the tension, the thrill of being in front of hundreds of people...

She had a work to do, so she stopped her memories from flooding in her mind and move on, towards the Strenght of Aslan...

She finally reached the forge and stopped for a moment in front of it; in her wandering, she had seen the Dorin forge, the Strenght of Aslan as it was called, and she had heard that the best weapons from Sancta Nova were created there but she never entered it.

Slowly she approached the forge and entered it: all was litted by the fire of the forge and she could see the figures move and work. She was stopped by a white furred Dorin which asked her how she could help her. In the following moments, Diamea explained what she needed and Sho'lah To'kar, as she was called, accepted her request, saying to return a few hours later...

In the hours she had to await, Diamea came back at her hovel and after that, having nothing to do, she wandered throught Sancta... A few hours laters, she was back to the Strenght of Aslan to pick up her new shining weapons...

------

Now, with her shining weapons in a bag, she headed to Little Kyathis, where Parreyon said to meet her. She reached the Pantheri's sector and looked around, all were Pantheri and, at first sight, she couldn't recognize him, so she did what Parreyon said her: ask for him to the Pantheris around...

Secrets of Foresight

Last edited by Diamea; November 17, 2014 at 04:58 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: