Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Arium > Sancta Nova

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old August 11, 2014, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

[The Gazebo] Warming Up, Cooling Down, Chatting (Diamea, please)

Summer, Era XXI

Hay'aan had seen Diamea watching her whilst she had danced and she had raised a hand in greeting to the young woman, but she had been unable to do more than that in the moment, for she and Blasia were working together and it would have been rude to step away.

However, now the dancing was done and Hay'aan, although still somewhat breathless, was finished and so she made her way over to where Diamea was and she sat down next to her with a smile. "Diamea. Sastimos, Serale and may another sunsrise be in your future" she said, to the woman with the most intriguing hair that she had ever painted.

"I saw you sitting here. I am sorry that I could not join you straight away, but I am glad that you stayed. How are you?" she asked and smiled. "I hope that you did not find our dancing too strange. It is a traditional dance of our people, Blasia and I, and is unlike most dances I think otherwise."

Sitting there, next to the younger woman, Hay'aan pulled her knees up a little and looked at Diamea with interest. She wondered what the woman had thought of the strange gypsy dancing in truth.
Old August 11, 2014, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

In her wandering in Sancta Nova, Diamea found herself watching the painting girls of the Gazebo, Hay'aan, dancing with another girl. At first, she didn't want to stay watching but the dance caught her attention and she remained. Diamea answered the reised hand in greeting with the same act, only a bit more hesitant, not so familiar with it.

Diamea was about to leave when she saw that Hay'aan had finished and was heading towards her with a smile. "Hello Hay'aan." replied Diamea "Satismos, serale and may another sunrise be in your future too." she felt strangely quiet in the presence of the black-haired women, allowing her to speak more openly "Not a problem, I saw you were busy teaching. I'm quite good and I'm getting used to the city; and I start learning how to properly make-up." Diamea said the last thing with pride, even if maybe wasn't considered in the same way "It's... it's interesting... it's different from any other kind of dance..." was difficult for her expressing what had caused in her the dance "It... it tells something particular?... it has a particular meaning?" she didn't want to be seen curios with a stranger, but it was as if she felt a friendship with Hay'aan. While speaking, Diamea found herself smiling, putting herself a little more comfortable and awaiting a response from the gypsy girl.

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor!!! <3
Old August 11, 2014, 08:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

"Well, I don't know that I was teaching" she considered, thoughtfully. She shrugged "Sharing experience, I suppose. But I am glad that you are getting used to Sancta Nova. It is a unique and beautiful place, forged from hardship and build from friendship, it is a good place to be" she said, quietly. That Diamea was learning make-up was something which caused Hay'aan to smile in delight "Really? I have never understood make up and I would like to. I have never used it because I have no knowledge of how to. Maybe you could use me as a model, if that would help you? Then I could understand what colours suit me? I am sure that there are ways that would mean I would not look utterly ridiculous?" she asked with a smile "For that has been the response every time I have tried to put it on myself" she smiled, and sitting there, quite happily, listened with delight as Diamea spoke of the dance.

"Yes, that is exactly right. An Air'riela dance tells a story, first and foremost. Before anything else, but the story is determined by the dancer. I wanted... to regain some inner calm, and so I danced for such. But I might as easily tell a story of a dragon slaying a knight, or vice versa as I believe is more traditional" she said, softly.

"I am pleased that you see that in our meagre attempts. So, Diamea, if I may ask?" she said, softly "You learn make up... what then? Will you be a make up artist to the theatres of the Empire?"
Old August 12, 2014, 08:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

Diamea smiled as Hay'ann when she spoke about make-up; she tried to imagine the gypsy girl, a quite handsome woman in her opinion, with the wrong make-up looking ridiculous, she couldn' help but giggle "I just started so I'm at the basics, but once I will became better I will help you fo sure. Using you as a model, if you don't mind looking as a man or something else, I could use you!" replied Diamea chuckling.

Then she listened to Hay'aan's explanations about the dance, it was interesting that, throught dancing, the gypsy girl could express so much. "Maybe one day I will teach you how to do a good make-up and you will teach me something more of this dance!" Diamea smiled, she felt so quiet with Hay'ann as not happened for a long time.

However, when Hay'aan asked about what next, in her eyes appeared a vein of unhappiness and she was fast to look away "I... I have a... a mission..." She had never thought of being able to live simply doing what she wanted, she liked, without a mission, a purpose "A-after make-up I-I think I will learn some combat..." On one hand, she didn't want to speak about the disappearance of Mila but on the other, she would love to find someone to confort her, to trust and to call a friend...

oocposting from mobile, so formatting will come ;-)

Secrets of Foresight

Old August 12, 2014, 09:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Eternal

ooc it's all good - it all makes sense so no worries!

"I once dressed up as a woman who was pretending to be a man." she said, thinking back so many eras ago "For... a play? We were practicing a scene in a play" she said, her face looking briefly a little wistful. Looking down at her hand, where her wedding ring glittered, Hay'aan smiled. "It was fun" she said, honestly. "I would be happy to help you any way I can." she added "If it will help, that is"

On the idea of being taught make up and teaching dance, Hay'aan smiled. Her breathing was more or less back to normal now, for it was in fact quite intense physical exercise. "I would be happy to teach you to dance any time you wanted, Diamea. You would not have to wait until you can teach me something in return." she said, quietly and genuinely.

But then, when Hay'aan asked what seemed to the young gypsy to be a perfectly straightforward question, Diamea seemed to withdraw, to pull away into stuttering and nervousness. She put her hand, briefly and gently, on Diamea's arm. "I am sorry, Diamea, I do not mean to pry. You never need to share anything that you do not wish to." she said, quietly. "My eldest daughter would be interested in learning about make up, I am sure" she said, softly, changing the subject so that Diamea did not speak of anything she did not wish to. "She despairs of me, for I have no idea of any of it. Thankfully, she is too beautiful to need such, although when I tell her so she rolls her eyes." she smiled, breathing in and shook her head. "It is... tricky negotiating the growth of a child. No one warned me" she said, with a smile, hoping that she could put Diamea at her ease once again.
Old August 12, 2014, 03:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Luminary

"A woman pretending to be a man, this should be hilarious..." she saw her a little wistful and watching the wedding ring "It's happened something important in that day?" for the first time, Diamea picked up the courage to ask a direct question to the gypsy girl who was demonstrating a sensitivity out of the ordinary.

"About dancing, I don't know if I will be so good... but I could give it a try..." it was her sister, the ones talened with dancing and arts...

"You don't need to be sorry, it's... it's only... it's only still too alive..." Diamea tried to put back tears and bad memories; with a sigh, she tried to compose herself again "One day you will introduce me your daughter? I'm curious to see if it looks like her mother. Maybe I will be able to teach her some make-up." Diamea tried to smile to reassure Hay'aan; she hadn't yet found someone who could wish for, she had never thought that one day she could have a child, they were all thoughts that had little space in the mind of Diamea. "If one day I will have a son, I shall come to ask your advice, as you seem to already have a little experience."

Secrets of Foresight

Old August 12, 2014, 07:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Eternal

"Well, if you would like to learn it, it would be my pleasure to teach you. It is not easy, and it is often... difficult to explain. Because it is from my people, so much of it will need me to explain things to you or for you to just accept that our ways are strange, but it would be my pleasure. Shall we arrange that?" she asked.

When Diamea said that the pain she felt was still too alive, Hay'aan's heart went out to the girl next to her. "That's alright" she said quietly "That's alright" She did not ask what the problem was, for she would not be so intrusive, but Hay'aan hoped that the girl felt able to talk as much as she wished to.

And then she asked about her daughter and said that Hay'aan seemed to have a little experience and Hay'aan smiled at her. "I do. We are very blessed" she said, with a smile "We have eight children, my husband and I. My family are prone to multiple births and we have triplets and twins, and three singles. So eight in all, five daughters, three sons." looking back down at her hand, she sighed, slightly and smiled a little sadly "I miss them very much, but we will bring them here soon, I think. We are new to Sancta Nova and wanted to come ahead to make sure that all was safe and settled for them. Would you like to have children, Diamea?" she asked, for the girl had said that she might have a son.
Old August 13, 2014, 08:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea looked at her wide eyes "Eight children! Your husband can considere himself a lucky man; however, I don't think I could stand or bear so many children! About having one, I really don't know, I haven't yet found someone with whom I would like having a son and I don't know if I'm ready to have one."

Speaking of dance, came again the same thought of before: it was her sister the ones talented with arts; she always wanted to learn to dance... In the deep of her hearth, Diamea was divided: on one hand she wanted to learn to dance, to be happy again, on the other she couldn't leave the memory of her sister. "Your dance... could make... a person feel better?" she asked ignoring for a moment Hay'aan offer.

In any case, she couldn't keep Hay'aan without knowing her story for long, even if it made her uncorfotable, Hay'aan had the right to know and had proven to be a reliable and emphatetic person.

"I-I had... I have a sister, Mila, she was so... so beautiful..." she knows that the adjective is an understatement but she couldn't find another ones; as she tried to control herself, a tears went down her cheek "She was the only thing I cared about... and they... they took her away..." she took her head between her hands, the hair going down to hide her eyes full of unhappiness.

Secrets of Foresight

Old August 13, 2014, 09:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan chuckled when Diamea said that Klue could consider himself a lucky man. She grinned slightly "Every man is lucky when it is women who carry the children and birth them" she said, with a smile. "But, Diamea, there is no rush. You are young, and everyone lives a different life. My parents had only two children, I have eight, it is how it is. We are very blessed". On the subject of the dance, Hay'aan considered carefully how to answer so she paused for a moment.

"To my people, dancing is about many things. It is a journey of self-exploration, it is something that requires you to really look into yourself. That means that it helps you to understand yourself and to feel... at ease. Or so it does for me, anyhow, and always has. But that might be because I have grown up dancing, and so it is part of my life. I would not wish to promise that it would make you feel better, it might not"

And then Diamea spoke, and Hay'aan's face took on quite a different expression. Concern and worry hit the gypsy girl with equal measure and she spoke to Diamea softly.

"Diamea, who took her where? When did this happen? Please... tell me what happened, if you will?" she asked, gently.
Old August 13, 2014, 03:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Luminary

"I-I don't know who... I left her at our hovel as usual and when I returned she was gone, there was only silence..." in her mind reappeared those moments, all wrapped up in the silence "It's... it's appened almost a year ago, I think... in the moments after that, I... I lost track of time for a while... I don't know why they took her away... she wouldn't have gone by herself leaving me alone without saying nothing..." in her words there was all the pain of the separation, the despair, the fear of being alone in a relentless world "She has to be alive... or at least I hope so..." more tears went down her cheeks before she wiped them with the back of her hand; she looked at Hay'aan, a cry for help hidden under the rest of the emotions...

Secrets of Foresight

Old August 13, 2014, 03:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eternal

There was nothing that Hay'aan could do in that moment except to turn around and wrap her arms around the girl sitting next to her. She put her arms around Diamea, mindful that if Diamea pulled away or did not wish it, that Hay'aan would pull back immediately, but if Diamea accepted Hay'aan's offer of comfort then she simply hugged her and gently rocked back and forth, ever so slightly. Indeed, Hay'aan had eight children and had comforted a lot of tears in her time. She allowed Diamea the safety and the time to cry as she needed to and she simply accepted it. "It's alright... there you go" she whispered, softly, not stopping Diamea from crying, nor doing anything other than offering her comfort.

When Diamea had cried, or calmed, or whatever she needed to do, but when she was ready to talk again, Hay'aan asked her quietly.

"Where was this Diamea? Did you.. did you report it to the authorities? Do you have *any* idea who might have done this or why?" she asked, rummaging in her bag and offering the young woman a silk handkerchief which she kept in the bottom of her bag.

Her eyes were concerned for the woman, but her mind was also ticking over. Who might do such a thing? She was most concerned and Hay'aan felt strongly that she could not simply ignore this.
Old August 13, 2014, 04:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea let herself go to the embrace of Hay'aan, it was from the disappearance of her mother that she couldn't find anyone to comfort her in that way. More tears went down her face, many of those who had always been held back.

She took Hay'aan's silk handkerchief with which she wiped her tears "It's... it's all happened back when we were in Vortex... the authorieties, the authorieties wouldn't never listenend to a poor girl of the southern district!" a vein of anger appeared in Diamea's voice but soon disapperared "I... I don't know who might have done this nor the why; Mila was such a beautiful girl..." in her mind appeared again Mila's smiling face "T-the only thing that came to my mind is that they had the intention of... of selling her as a slave..." the thought and what it entailed horrified her but it didn't make sense to deny the truth.

Secrets of Foresight

Old August 13, 2014, 05:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan put no time limit on comforting the girl in her arms, she just let her cry and sniffle as she needed to. She did not judge or question, just hugged her and let her cry out what she needed. The tender-hearted gypsy felt a flash of anger at the pain that the young girl with her had felt. Life was a cruel thing sometimes.

"Diamea... I have never been to Vortex, and I don't know if we are able to help you, but my husband used to be a Legionnare, and a Rogetier" she was fairly sure that wasn't the right word, but it was close "Which is like a justice, and he was a Senator too. He knows people, more people than me. I can ask him. Maybe he has a connection in Vortex or might know of someone that we can talk to, eh?" she said, gently. "How old are you Diamea? Is she older or younger than you? Maybe if you can describe her to me I can draw her, and that might help in the looking for her?" she asked, softly. "BUt only if you can. And I will only speak to my husband if you want me to. I do not wish to pry, but I would be happy to help you if I can. All I can promise is that I will try if you let me" she said, gently.

And she sent a silent prayer to Kaimelea that none of her children ever, ever felt so lost that they needed to turn to a relative stranger. But that if they did, then that stranger helped them as it was her duty to help this girl.
Old August 14, 2014, 03:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Luminary

Unfortunately, the words Legionnare and Rogetier had little sense for Diamea, she heard that the Legionnare were a military unit or something similar but her knoledge ended here. The word Senator caught more her attention "A Senator?" she asked in astonishment looking up on the girl who embraced her "I always thought that senators were people far away from ordinary life..."

Diamea thought for a moment on the proposal of concrete help from Hay'aan, after the tears she began to think with a little more lucidity; it was a nice proposal, she thought, but it would have made her remain in debt with the gypsy girl, but the most important thing was her sister and for Mila, Diamea would do whatever was possible to her. "I'm... I'm eight-teen..." for Diamea was a bit weird to say how old she was, no one asked her for a while "Mila was... was younger. She was... she is like me, only she has purple stripes in the hair instead of blue and deep purple eyes." she paused for a moment before adding one last thing watching Hay'aan in he eyes "I will be forever grateful for everything you do for me, you've already done so much..."

Secrets of Foresight

Old August 14, 2014, 03:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Eternal

"My husband is not at all far away from ordinary life. He is a man like any other man, although of course, in my eyes that is not true. He will help if he can, I am sure. He is a *good* man, Diamea." she said, quietly, and she smiled, encouragingly. It was up to Diamea if she accepted help or not, it was not Hay'aan's way to push someone, not ever.

"How much younger than you, Diamea?" she asked, and then she shook her head as Diamea spoke "Nonsense. It is my privilege to help someone in a moment of need. I have had such myself, and I have been fortunate indeed to have people to turn to. It is my pleasure to help if I can, but thus far I have done nothing" she said, softly "Except loan you a handkerchief and give you a hug. Those are things which do not require any thanks." she said, softly.

That the girl next to her was only five eras younger than her was not lost on Hay'aan. But in those five eras, so much had happened to the gypsy, she was an entirely different person. At eighteen, she and Klue had been embarking on adventures together and running around killing Gnolls. Now, she was a mother to eight children and wife to a man whose genius was undoubted. It was a different world, she did not doubt.

"I will help you any way I can, and I will ask my husband to do the same" she said, quietly. "Now. If you are willing, tell me it all? Tell me the whole story, who you think might have taken her, what she took with her what she left behind? Any detail might be important, after all." she said, softly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: