Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Arium > Sancta Nova

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old July 25, 2014, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

[Guisecraft Training] Who needs to wear make up anyway? (Private, Mod please)

Diamea has just settled in Sancta Nova, there wasn't so much to do in the small room she takes in the Little Arium Ward so her mind start running: she had a goal but to reach it, she needed the skills to achieve it. In the travel from Vortex, she had all the time to think about what skills she might need and she came to some conclusion. Back in the day where her family wasn't in ruin, she liked dressing up and putting on makeup, now she decided to take this interest to another level and began looking for a place where learning to makeup properly.

Wandering in the city, she reached the Little Arakmat, one of the Human Ward, and in particularly the Sandstone Theatre. She searched all the city but she couldn't find anything usefull for her and the last stop was at the Sandstone Theatre where she hoped to find someone willing to train her, actors should know how to makeup, no?

She approached the theater, a little impressed by the imposing architectural structure but, after catching a deep breath, he tried to enter looking for someone who could help her...

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor!!! <3
Old July 25, 2014, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

Shalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious Superhero

Summer Season, Era XXI(PF)

The Sandstone Theatre was a far cry from the giant stadium like amphitheatre found in Arakmat, but it was none the less, imposing. Diamea felt that long before she reached the sandstone walls that rose up from the earth and surrounded the open aired stage in the center. On this, the outside of the structure, was the admission chamber, and just beyond that, several smaller rooms that housed the entertainers and performers.

This time of the day, well before the darkening, there was no one manning the admission gate, as the performance was many candlemarks away. Thus, the timid young girl was able to enter the building through a passage that went by the entrance, and deep into the building. Just inside that passage two doors stood, one opposite the other. One of the doors had "Storage" written on it, and the other had "Dressing Room A" written on a sign nailed to it.

Presuming that Diamea at least knocked, or opened the "Dressing Room" door, she would be soon greeted by a short, average sized woman, dark skinned revealing her nairu heritage.

"Yes, how may I help you?"
she asked. The woman wore her black hair up in a tight bun, and she had large eyelashes which seemed to almost create a breeze every time she blinked. Her make up seemed only half applied, with one side of her face blushed, the other left bare.
Old July 26, 2014, 08:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

Diamea didn't feel entirely comfortable in that unknown and so impressive place, but that was the only place where she could find someone to teach her.

At the appearance of the black woman, Diamea made a half step back in awe. The young girl took a moment to observe the eyelashes and the half-applied make-up before answering "Well, I ..." her voice went out for a moment and she reproached herself "Damn Diamea, pulls out your voice..." after taking a deep breath and lowering the hood of her cloak, she begins again "Ehm... I'm looking for someone who can help me to wear makeup..."

Secrets of Foresight

Old July 28, 2014, 05:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

Shalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious Superhero

The nairu woman raised an eyebrow.

"Your mother, she not teach you this?" she asked. She did not wait for an answer. She widened the doorway, allowing Diamea to enter the room. Inside were several mirrors, and several tables full of make up. Along the walls were hangers on which hung numerous outfits, and several trunks sat on the floor, likely also full of garments.

"Tell me your name child, and where are you from?" she asked. The woman pointed to a chair next to hers. She herself took up a seat, which likely she was sitting in before Diamea came.

"For what purpose do you wish to learn? To look pretty for your husband? To entertain?" she asked as she now resumed putting on her own make up in front of the mirror.
Old July 28, 2014, 08:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Luminary

At the first question of the woman, Diamea clouded for a moment but she hadn't the time to answers as she wished; "She left me!" thought between herself in a fit of rage. As she followed the woman, Diamea looked around curiously, in particular the mirrors caught her eyes where she saw herself reflected.

She sat down where is indicated and took a deep breath before answering "My name's Diamea, I... I come from Vortex." admitting her origin aroused in her some bad memories not yet dormant but she drove them into the depths of her mind, away.

She took a moment to answer at the last question of the black woman trying to organize her thoughts; the idea of looking pretty for the eyes of a husband had never even touched her mind, for a man, maybe, but not for a husband, she wanted to be free and having an husband wasn't the best thing to do so.

"I... I wish... to learn... to become another person any time I want; not only to looks better and entertain..." Diamea hoped to be able to explain what she wanted; however, she couldn't resist the temptation to add one last thing with a surge of pride "And I'm not a child anymore!"

Secrets of Foresight

Old July 29, 2014, 05:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

"We play many people here. Not all just puppet show." she said, her voice broken by her accent. She pointed to several costumes.

"Prince, peasant, warrior, priest. All part of shows over time." she added. She smiled genuinely when Diamea seemed slightly offended at comments of her youth.

"Why of course. Not rush your time away, though. Before you know, you will be too old to care." the woman said with a smile.

"Diamea of Vortex, I am Sangita, sister of Ali-K. I am performer in theatre here." she introduced herself. The woman then nodded.

"Ok, I teach you, but you have to do me favor." she began. "You have to help out here in theatre for the summer. You do this, and I will show you how to look like many people. Deal?" she asked.
Old July 29, 2014, 07:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea followed Sanita's pointing at the several costumes watching curiously, there were all kinds and colors. Diamea remained silent watching Sangita as she spoke and when she presented herself, she it responded with a nod of the head. When Sangita proposed the deal, Diamea took a moment to think about the deal: it would have occupied all her summer but then she had nothing else to do... and she cared about learn how to disguise... so there was only one answer "Deal. How I start?"

Secrets of Foresight

Old July 30, 2014, 08:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

Sangita was pleased. She smiled, then pointed to the door.

"On the other side of the hall there is storage room." she stated. "Broom and cleaning things in there." she added. Then she sat back in her dressing room chair, and looked diamea over.

"You small, so not too hard to do many things with you." she said. She looked to the racks of outfits. She spotted a simple pair of trousers and matching jacket. Atop it was a salt and pepper hat.

"One of best things you can do, is to turn yourself into a boy. This is good when not enough boys in cast, or when you need to pretend to be one." she said. She pointed to the same outfit.

"We put you in that, and with a little touching up, you look just like one." Sangita stated.

"Go get it. Go over there behind curtain..." pointing to a tall curtained wall that was erected for changing. "...put outfit on, then comeback and sit in chair infront of mirror." she said.
Old July 30, 2014, 09:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Luminary

Hearing she had to clean the storage room, escaped her a grimace, but Diamea knew she had to pay one's dues; she was about to get up when Sangita's voice stopped her.

She remained seated listening to Sangita and she just nodded before taking the trousers, the jacket and the hat and walking back to the curtained wall to change her dress; there wasn't much to say... but at least the cleaning work had been delayed, and for Diame was fine.

She takes a moment to replace the cloak, the pants and the shirt with Sangita's ones; then she went back to Sangita "And now?" she asked sitting on a chair in front of a mirror; her reflection seem strange to her, with the hat and the jacket...

Secrets of Foresight

Old July 31, 2014, 05:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

"No no no." Sangita began. She took the hat, and then took a couple of pins from the counter in front of the mirror. Then she got behind Diamea and began to pin up her hair.

"There." she added, once done. She then put the hat atop the young woman's head, and smiled.

"Now we do face." she said. The nairu woman moved to the counter again, and took out some small pads full of various cream like substances, and a couple with powders. She took a small piece of charcoal, and moved to Diamea.

"Now, you too young to be grown man, so we only give you very slight hair on lip." she said. She ran the charcoal EVER SO SLIGHTLY across the young woman's top lip. It created just a slight darkening there, as if there was some scruff upon it.

"Now we make eyes a little sinky" she said. She took some of the darker make up, and using a powder brush, she applied it to the sockets of Diamea's eyes.

"Finally, we make you look a little sickly looking." and with that she darkened the area just under her cheek bones. When she was finished she got Diamea to look at her self in the mirror.

It was a success. Before the young woman now sat a young boy, in his mid teens. A peasant boy who could blend in at any market place.

"What you think?" Sangita asked.
Old July 31, 2014, 10:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea didn't stop Sangita works; since her mother left, Diamea didn't allow others to help her and she had always taken care of herself alone but this time was different: even if she knew barely Sangita, she was giving her the impression of being able to trust the Nairu woman who knew how to do her job.

When Sangita finished to pin up her hair, Diamea shooked for a moment her head watching how she was with the new hair; for a long time Diamea kept her hair in a long ponytail having not the interest or the knowledge to try some other type of hairstyle.

Diamea remained silently as Sangita applied the various parts of the make-up, carefully watching the various operations, and rolled her eyes when Sangita left her only with the mirror: to her astonishment, she even struggled to recognize herself under the make-up.

"There is no magic, right?" she asked staring at the mirror "It's... it'is impressive to be able to change so much..."

Secrets of Foresight

Old August 2, 2014, 10:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

"Ok. You remember this, ok. You remember what I show you...the lip...the cheeks...tying up the hair." Sangita said. She then pointed to curtain.

"Ok, take off outfit, and put yours back on. You can practice what I showed you later. Now I get undressed, and I take you out through gates. We go looking for things to help."
Sangita said.

"I need be back soon though. My children need to eat, and I have performance in the darkening."
she added. She waited waved the young girl over to the curtain.

"When you done, take bowl of water and cloth..."
pointing to the same on the counter by the mirror. "wash off face, and join me out front." she said. The woman then proceeded to wipe her own face off. Once Diamea was finished, she shooed her out the door, to meet her out front in a few moments...
Old August 2, 2014, 10:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea nodded as Sangita recalled every steps of her make-up to seem a boy, trying to fix all well in her mind; then she took her usual outfit and, as fast as she could, she put hers back on, in spite of everything she felt more at ease with her cloak wrapped around. Quickly, she washed off the make-up and followed Sangita out of the Dressing Room with a pant "What things to help we are looking for?" asked Diamea curious when out of the Theater.

Secrets of Foresight

Old August 4, 2014, 06:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

"You will see." she answered.

Sangita walked briskly. Her short stature insured she had to do so to get anywhere quickly. With Diamea following, the nairu woman made her way quickly to the Traveler's Gate. There she waved to Terrance and Harold, who were as usual, standing around idle.

Once out of the town, Sangita walked the path until they came to a little woodland. She looked around, and then went to the base of one of the trees.

"There." she said. She took some of the moss off the trunk, and put it in a small sachel she had brought with her.

"With proper dye, this makes good beard." she said. She put a bunch more of the stuff in her bag, and then moved on.

"I looking for blue berries and raspberries. Both good dyes." she said. "You help me look." she said. She then began to comb through the shorter bushes, looking for the berries.

"After this we look for some coal. We have to go to market, probably." the nairu actress advised. "But before we go there, we go to Crassian Farm. Get some sheep wool. Also good for hair...and for stuffing." she said with a smile.
Old August 4, 2014, 12:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea accepted the cryptic reply and followed Sangita out of Sancta Nova, through the same gate that she had gone through not too long ago in the opposite direction. While following Sangita, Diamea looked around to remember, at least in broad terms, the route taken.

After Sangita knelt to pick up the moss, Diamea did the same to look more closely and touch the moss, to test the consistency. "I have to see me with a beard..." she chuckled, Diamea began to feel a bit more cofortable in the company of the nairu woman.

"Blue berries and raspberries, ok..." Diamea nodded before starting scour the bushes; she found some tens of colored berries that handed over to Sangita although, without being seen, a couple of raspberries end up in her mouth.

Diamea listened to the actress' advise and follow her obedient. Thinking about the various material for a good make-up, in her mind begins to take shape a joke to do to a known person...

Secrets of Foresight

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: