Old March 7, 2009, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Steel
Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

Planning for the Hunt

16th of Junctior Era XV post fractum

Dante had requested his team of bounty hunters to meet him in Diana so they could plan their hunt of the outlaw Eyvind Redbeard. He was worth 700,000 crowns alive and Dante felt fairly certain that if planned for it properly Eyvind could be taken alive. That would amount to 87,500 crowns for each of the people involved; himself, Carnasch, Verick, Niven, Kala, and Jirael.

Dante had arranged a private room at the Chalice Rose. Dante was already in attendance waiting for his other guests to arrive. He was in his dracon seeming and robe. He was wearing his dracon fit leather armor with his elven steel long knives. Of course Meeko and Jirael had arrived with him, but neither seemed eager to make their presence known.

There was a large circular table in the center of the room with 6 place settings. He had the places labeled with Carnasch on his immediate right and Niven on Carnasch's immediate right giving the big man a buffer between the other guests. On his left would be Jirael, then Kala. Each place was set with fine china and a large wine glass. Dante had several bottles of wine chilling waiting for the guests and a glass of water for himself. Meeko simply climbed into his lap and waited for the festivities. There was one open seat.

Last edited by Dante Asunder; March 11, 2009 at 06:10 PM.
Dante Asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2009, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch is a famous HeroCarnasch is a famous Hero
Carnasch was the first to arrive, since the inn he had stayed at was only a few buildings down this was expected, also, he had talked with Dante the brightening before and was therefore prepared to support his friend solidly and he wanted to be there when the others arrived.

He hadnt met most of the others before, only Jade and Niven, the latter of which he had introduced to Dante, and Jade was not the most... predictable woman he had ever met, and he didnt trust her enough to leave her and Dante alone. So he was there almost as soon as Dante was finished seeing to the room.

When he arrived at the door, he knocked but didnt wait for Dante to answer and opened the door just enough to slip in. Addmitadly, for Carnasch this meant that the door was open almost all the way, but at least he tried. He shut the door again and said to Dante, "I think Im underdressed." Carnasch was joking of course, it was a newer habit of his. He infact didnt care what others thought of his dressing habits, although Dante would note that all Carnasch's clothes were cleaned and he didnt smell like he had the day before.

Carnasch's attire consisted of a blackened shirt of Chain Mail with what appeared to be a kilt of a white cream color and red designed hemming, as well as mid calf leather boots. He was armed with his axe of course, but he also carried a pair of short swords and daggers. His bow he left in his room in the inn where he spent the night, as well as his fur cloak and his rucksack.

The Vagaran took his seat quietly and leaned back a little in it until it creaked alarmingly and he sat forward again, a slight scowl on his face and a mumble about poor craftsmanship escaping his lips.

"I am a man in body and a beast in mind. I cannot coexist with either court of man or animal."
Carnasch is sometimes accompanied by his horse Gus, which will be specifically stated at the beginning of each thread.

Last edited by Carnasch; March 9, 2009 at 09:34 PM.
Carnasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2009, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Arriving at the Chalice Rose, Niven asked the Inn keeper for directions to the room. He gave them and Niven thanked him and gave him a wink. Finding the right door, Niven knocked twice and opened the door. Inside she found both Dante and Carnasch sitting around a large round table. "Sereal Gentlemen," She said, walking over to the table. She gave a quick glace to the name cards and moved to where Carnasch was seated and taking her seat next to him. Niven nudged him with her shoulder playfully and smiled at him. The excitement on her face was unmistakable, Niven had never done anything like this and her combat experience was limited, but she'd felt that she'd not only proved herself to Carnasch, but to herself as well, in the battle that she'd been in with him. Niven was quite thankful, as she sat by her friend, that Carnasch had taken a bath since she'd seen him the brightening before.

Niven had left Juno back where she was staying as well as her bow and her quiver, but she was armed with her jewel encrusted dagger. She would admit that it wouldn't end up being the most useful thing in a fight, but it was better to having something rather than nothing. She did keep her bag with her though, and it would prove to be a fair weapon as it was kinda heavy and the objects inside not the smoothest.

Looking towards Dante, Niven gave him a bright smile and smoothed her wine skirts over her knees. "How many more are coming?" Niven asked to both of them, even though the answer was obvious by the number of settings at the table. Her excitement was starting to take over. She'd left home in search of adventure and here it was plopped neatly onto her lap. She then stood and reached for the wine. She filled her own goblet. "Wine, Carnasch?" she asked her friend, looking at him, posing the pitcher above the glass in front of him. "Dante?" she turned her head to look at the Dracon, the same question implied.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2009, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Adventurer

Jirael'eri tel'noss Luschae is an upstanding Citizen
At first glance he was easy to miss, a Short puff of silver thread atop a dark brown bundle of cloth, just placed in a chair. Paying little attention to the table itself, but in actuality it was a young boy. His head was faced away from the table, butt resting just on the edge of his seat, his body wrapped with a simple brown cloak whose fabric took up the rest of the chair seat behind him. From his ears, and soft white skin, it would probably be easy to guess what he was.

His eyes were focused on the fireplace burning in the corner, its soft glow was entrancing, calming. It was familiar, a memory from long ago. He forgot the name of the Chalice rose from the outside, but as soon as they entered, memories crept up from the darkness that they had been hiding in. A popular place for soldiers indeed, his shyness persisted still from the time he had entered with Dante. It had helped a little once they had entered the private rooms though, being out of sight from the ‘regular’ tavern goers.

Quietly, he sat staring off into the corner as Dante’s friends had arrived one by one. He couldn’t help but be nervous, even if he wasn’t actually Dante’s servant. Old habits were hard to get rid of. And even though he knew Dante might not want to hear from his lips… there was something similar between Dante and Aeri, which only meant that he couldn’t have been a bad person. It was a good thought, and had helped the boy relax. His thoughts moved on to wonder what sort of food Dante was going to get, let alone who would be joining them…

The arrival of Carnash was of interest, though the look of the man was intimidating enough to cause the young boy to want to hide in Dante’s profile. He was never good with dealing with intimidating people. Luckly, at least as far as he had been concerned, there was no need for him to point his presence out. As Niven arrived, it was interesting to see the sorts of people that Dante was gathering. The company one keeps says a lot more about a person then they realize. The elf woman was not as intimidating in appearance as the Human, but her Confidence was almost greater. Trying to imagine who else was going to show up was almost too much to bare, compared to the three that were already in the room, it became more and more questionable that a simple servant should even have attended.

Shifting as little as he could, he sunk a little more into his cloak and returned full attention to the fire. At least it wasn’t going to expect anything from him.
Old March 10, 2009, 12:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

Dante smiled at Carnasch as the Vagran arrived. "Serale my friend. I'm glad you could make it. This should be an enriching experience for both of us. Please take a seat." Dante indicated the chair on his immediate right. If Carnasch was familiar with such things he might recognize that it was a position of honor in social situations to be sat on the hosts right hand, but even if he didn't, Carnasch was Dante's most trusted friend except perhaps Hatorania; but there was no way she was attending this luncheon.

When Niven entered Dante immediately stood, setting Meeko gently on the floor. He bowed to the elven woman, "Serale Lady Niven. I'm so glad you could attend." He would then help her with her seat, "What? no Juno? Aww I wanted to introduce him to someone." Once the pair was seated Dante remained standing for a moment, "I would like you both to meet my newest associate Jirael'eri tel'noss Luschae. He will be accompanying us on our little endeavor. Before you say anything, I know it will be dangerous, but I'm not planning on him being in any. There are too many street urchins in the world today for one more to be noticed."

It was then that Kala stepped into the room. She was a very voluptuous half elf girl, quite unlike the expected body type. Dante bowed to her and helped her with her seat as well. "Carnasch, Niven, I would also like you to meet Kala. She watches my back when you are busy Carnasch." Dante smiled at the woman again. She said nothing to the other guests, but simply smiled and nodded.

Old March 10, 2009, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch laughed a little at Dante's 'enriching' comment. "You mean, it will 'enrich' our purses." He laughed again and then fell quiet until Niven arrived.

Carnasch declined Niven's offer for wine, as he wanted to have all his wits about him for this. Besides, wine didnt taste very good anyway, and it dried his mouth out. Carnasch had noticed the bundled up cloak on the seat on Dante's far side, but that was all he thought it was, a bundled up cloak. When Dante itroduced it to them as a person however, Carnasch paid a bit more attention. There seemed to be a young child of the male faction under all that cloth. Carnasch was decent enough to stand and offer his hand as greeting, and he said, "Serale... Jirael," the name was a bit new and he had a little trouble pronouncing it at first, "You need not fear me boy." He said in his deep voice. His assurances probably had the opposite effect he desired, but at least he tried.

Dante next introduced Kala, a very attractive half elf with quite the... quite the outfit. Carnasch greeted her in much the same fashion, one hand out and a quick serale, but he made sure to keep his eyes on her face, though he might have slipped once or twice. He was even decent enough to pull her chair out for when she went to sit, and then he resumed his own seat.

"I am a man in body and a beast in mind. I cannot coexist with either court of man or animal."
Carnasch is sometimes accompanied by his horse Gus, which will be specifically stated at the beginning of each thread.

Last edited by Carnasch; March 11, 2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old March 11, 2009, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

oocCarnasch:Until I had arrived? I'm already there!!!

Dante motioned to the clothes on the chair beside him and when they moved, Niven almost jumped out of her skin. The clothes were a boy. A very angelic looking one, at that. Niven set the pitcher down quickly, and sat in her seat, her green eyes wide with shock. Then her brows furrowed in confusion and concern. Her wine now ignored, Niven studied the child for a moment and then turned to the Dracon. "Dante, there must be some mistake. We can't possibly take a child on this endeavor of ours! There is no guarantee of any of our safety, there's no way we can do what we all need to do and still keep an eye out for the welfare of the little one." Niven shook her head. "I don't see how this will work." Her opinion voiced, Niven sat silently until Kala came in and was introduced.

Giving the half elf a once over, Niven raised an eyebrow, but then cleared her face of any judgment she might have, and gave Kala a warm smile. "Serale," She said sweetly, extending her hand to the woman. She watched as Carnasch helped Kala to her seat and almost laughed out loud when he came back to sit beside herself. Niven gave Carnasch a slight jab with her elbow and flashed him an amused smile. She had a hunch of what was going through his mind. 'Eyes at her face,' she told Carnasch in her look.

CIR | SoF

Old March 12, 2009, 01:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Eternal

OOCYou are both silly. I had already helped Kala with her seat in my post!

Dante looked at Niven for a long moment. "You make a very good point my dear. It will be quite dangerous, however this youngsters situation is... unique, so we shall leave it up to him. If he wishes to accompany us then so be it, if not then I shall look for other arrangements for him. Does that satisfy?"

Once that was settled and everyone had arrived, Dante motioned to the wine. "Please help yourselves." While the wine was being passed around, Dante took a sip from his water and grinned a little. "You should all know why we are hear. It is to plan the capture and collection of the bounty upon Eyvind Redbeard the traitor."

Dante paused for a moment letting his words sink in. "As Niven so astutely pointed out this will be very dangerous, but the reward is great. There are the 5 of us, we will split the 750,000 crowns after expenses equally agreed?" Dante looked to each person in the room waiting for some sort of acknowledgment before continuing.

"It is my opinion," Dante continued; "that we should attempt this bounty mission at the end of this month, just before winter sets in. It will make it difficult for Eyvind's troops to mobilize in mass and with the cooling nights the amount of foot traffic during the evening should reduce, leaving us with a little more privacy to do our work. Everyone in agreement so far?"

Dante again waited for acknowledgment from the people in attendance. "I was hoping for a few more ...players for our little game, but what we have will have to suffice. There are two primary situations that we will find once we reach Sherian. One is Eyvind is in one of his homes or he is on the move. If he is on the move my plan is this, I distract the guards with Thaumaturgy, blinding them if you will, Carnasch will either incapacitate Eyvind with his wrestling or distract him long enough for Meeko to lay her fangs into him. This will paralyze him and allow us to make our get away. Niven and Kala will cover us with their bows or whatever other means are at their disposal. Comments or Questions?" Dante wanted to make sure this plan was agreed upon before continuing to the much more difficult version.

Old March 13, 2009, 01:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Quote:
"You make a very good point my dear. It will be quite dangerous, however this youngsters situation is... unique, so we shall leave it up to him. If he wishes to accompany us then so be it, if not then I shall look for other arrangements for him. Does that satisfy?"
Nodding, Niven took another good look at the sweet faced child. Jirael sat there so quiet and innocently. As she studied the boy more closer, she noted the two different colours of his eyes. She cocked her head slightly as she considered him and when she looked into his different coloured eyes, she promised herself that, if he did join them on the hunt, she would personally look after him, protect him to the best of her abilitlies.

Dante continued and set a date for departure. Niven nodded again, taking a small sip of her wine. It was a better that most wine's Niven had tasted, and she was impressed, though not really surprised. Dante didn't strike her as someone who would be cheap.

Quote:
"...my plan is this, I distract the guards with Thaumaturgy, blinding them if you will, Carnasch will either incapacitate Eyvind with his wrestling or distract him long enough for Meeko to lay her fangs into him. This will paralyze him and allow us to make our get away. Niven and Kala will cover us with their bows or whatever other means are at their disposal. Comments or Questions?"
"What about Jirael?" Niven asked. "You made no mention of him in your plan. If he's coming with, and you've made it clear that you want him there, what's his piece in the puzzle?" As she spoke, Niven looked from Jirael to Dante, nodding at the boy when she mentioned him. She smiled warmly at the boy. Niven was warming up to the idea with Jirael coming and with her resolve in her mind, it would all be ok. She'd make sure of it.

CIR | SoF

Old March 13, 2009, 03:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Adventurer

The pile of cloth had been introduced formally, but it was unsure as to how to respond. Technically this was a first time introduction and should have been more formal then just being pointed out. That end of the formality fell to him though, and for a moment he continued to sit still staring into the fire to figure out how he should introduce himself.

Carnasch’s voice caught his attention, a deeper voice then he felt the man should have, but given the size of his chest perhaps that had something to do with it. Even though his deep voice was intimidating in sound, he could tell that what it conveyed was genuine. But still now there was no more time to think, he had to do something to respond to the introduction.

Hopping down from the chair, keeping the cloak around him, he pushed it out of his way a little bit. Standing up the boy was almost four feet tall, his stature looking even more demure with Dante seated next to him. Silvery hair played about as he moved around to look at each person, a pale complexion that drew even more attention to the distinct colors of his eyes; a dark blue eye on the right, like a sapphire but the left eye did not match as expected, blood red in color its gaze held even more intensity then the other. Under the Cloak it seemed that he was wearing some sort of backpack or the light, from the budging taking place behind him, even though he was standing well way from the chair at this point.

“Serale, it is a pleasure to meet you” giving a bow as he spoke. His voice was soft and gentile, each word spoken clearly with a slightly reserved tone as he greeted Dante’s friends.

He bowed again to Niven after piping up in perhaps he may have thought a rude manor, before the movements of Dante and Carnasch caught his eye. Even though he was to young to understand himself it was a pattern that he was able to pick out from watching people interact before. This Kala woman had that something that caused men to act funny around her…

While they wrestled with Kala’s chair, he moved his chair back and climbed back into position. This time not as curled up in his cloak, he sat still on the edge of his chair, feet dangling above the floor with his attention turned more to the group as Dante and Carnasch returned to his seat. Once Dante began to speak, his attention followed.

Niven's question caught the boys attention, it was a good one though and even he had been interested in the answer... after all it was regarding his roll in all of this. His attention moved from Dante to Niven. From Niven to Dante. He was not sure what exactly Dante had planned for him to do, but it had to do something with him being a little boy. Still he felt that in response he should let everyone know that he was willing to come along to help.
“Lady Niven” his eyes turning to look at her in response to her comment to Dante, his voice still as gentile “I am would like to repay Sir Dante for his kindness, and would be honored to assist in helping in any way that I am able to.“ his gaze returned to Dante, waiting to hear what his roll should be.

ooc you snuck your post in before me Niven ;p Sorry for the delay

Last edited by Jirael'eri tel'noss Luschae; March 13, 2009 at 03:25 PM.
Jirael'eri tel'noss Luschae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2009, 05:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante smiled at Jirael's introduction. The boy had class and it showed. Dante then frowned a little bit, "That may pose a problem for what I have in mind for the boy."

After introductions were made and Niven had posed her excellent question Dante grinned at her. "In a way Jirael's role will be the most or least dangerous. He will be responsible for intelligence gathering. I think he would be perfect for playing the street urchin slash palace servant. Such beings are typically ignored and if we can successfully conceal his wings it should work for him as well. He would be able to move relatively freely about the city and not draw attention to himself. All he would have to do would be to relay us information. That brings me to a question for you Jirael." Dante turned to the youth, "Are those wings of yours functional or are they more for decoration?"

After giving the young man time to answer and any of the other guests time to protest or comment Dante continued on. "In my mind this would be the best case scenario for us. However it may come to the point where we have to enter one of Eyvind's dwellings. In such a situation the plan would have to be much different. We would need to be able to enter the building without suspicion. I recommend either incapacitating a patrol of guards or some of us showing up early and posing as potential recruits. This would get a few of us inside already, while enabling the others to move about the city a little more freely. I do have one request of Miss Niven? If I were to arrange a wagon for you to drive do you think that you could take it to Taralon?"

Last edited by Dante Asunder; March 13, 2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old March 15, 2009, 05:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch simply remained silent for the most part, and he simply nodded his assent to things. He was a bit uncomfortable now, as he suddenly had a head ache, and therefore he was trying not to let it show by growling at everyone else. Dante had very strictly forbidden him from offending anyone, and he meant to stick to that.

(OOC: Sorry for the short post, Im a bit brain locked for this thread, but I didnt want to hold things up.)

Old March 15, 2009, 12:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

As Niven listened carefully to Dante's plan for Jirael, she watched the boy for signs of fear. Dante was right, in many ways his job was the most dangerous. 'If he were to be discovered...' Niven shook her head slightly, pushing the thought from her head. She didn't want to think of what they could do to the angel faced child that sat across from her. As Dante continued, Niven's mind tried to find ways that she could keep her resolve to protect Jirael as he did his task so far from the rest of them.

Quote:
I do have one request of Miss Niven? If I were to arrange a wagon for you to drive do you think that you could take it to Taralon?"
At the question, Niven shot Dante a quizzical look. "A wagon?" She asked. "Yes, I suppose that would be fine. What would be in this wagon? And would I have any trouble getting into the city with it contents?" Niven assumed it was weapons she'd be bringing to Taralon and it was not unreasonable to assume that without a very very good reason, the guards would not let her into the city with a wagon full.

CIR | SoF

Old March 16, 2009, 03:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Adventurer

oocSorry, I was waiting too see how everyone would react to Dante's wing question

Jirael sat quietly listening to everyone talk, there wasn’t much that he really was able to contribute to the conversation nor was it really his place. Then Dante turned to him “Are those wings of yours functional or are they more for decoration?” His body got warm under the weight of the question. He had never been comfortable with showing his wings, everyone usually reacted strangely to them. Dante had yet to, but Dante had wings as well, so it made perfect sense that Dante would be alright with them. The others here though, they did not, nor did most people expect to see an ‘elf’ with wings.

Most of his insecurities came from their color, and after a while he had always had to keep them under his robes. Even earlier today his ‘habit’ had caused him to insist on having the cloak to cover them while walking around in the city. Half out of fear of what people would say, half out of fear someone in the church would recognize him…

Taking in a deep breath his face calmed a little from the sudden fear/embarrassment that had overcome him. “I was never allowed to use them to fly, But don’t things with wings fly?” he wasn’t sure how to answer or what the right answer was. The thought of flying was not a new one to him, just a forgotten one. It sounded like it could be fun, but… what an embarrassing though, the looks people would give him. He shrunk a little in his chair as he thought about it.
Old March 16, 2009, 03:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante chuckled heartily at Jirael response and Kala was giggling to herself as well. "I'm afraid not," came Dante's reply. "Chickens, penguins, emu, ostriches, all with wings none of them can fly. Even some dracons can't fly. In fact the best I can do is glide. Don't worry about it. We'll try to figure that out later."

He then turned back to Niven, "As for your question, the wagon will have some food stuffs, sundry goods, perhaps some furniture. I want it to look like you are just moving there and I would like for you to take Jirael with you. I will be coming a different and perhaps more dangerous way. Besides this will give you to a chance to practice your new roles. You can hide yourselves in the city and you can pretend to be his mother." He gave her a big grin then smiled at Jirael as well. "You should have little trouble entering the city that way and it's the perfect excuse for you two to be traveling together. Of course I would kind of like Carnasch to keep an eye on you two, even if he doesn't affiliate himself with you during your travels." Dante turned to Carnasch, "What do you think big guy? You up for that?"

Dante then looked sharply at Kala, then broke into a grin and turned back to everyone. With a little laugh at whatever had transpired between the two Dante spoke again. "I also noticed that the local news paper was looking for help with a special task. For the remainder of our time here in the city I think it would be a good idea if we attempted to resolve this together so that we can see how we work together, witness each others' strengths and what not. What do you guys think?" Dante waited until they all had answered. He really wanted them to do this so they could get some experience working as a team.